Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Designs (fan made) For all fan-made BB banners, adverts, logos etc.

Old 21-05-2009, 08:32 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

Default Brekkie\'s BBUSA : Seriously Twisted.

I guess this is the best place for pure format ideas - no extras like titles or houses with this one.

Anyhow, I did this for BBUSA Series 7 - but it still applies now as the format hasn't changed at all, and IMO they still need to up the ante with a few twists. Some of these are unashamedly borrowed from the UK, but adapted to the US format.

It's basically all about making it less predictable and occassionally breaking up the same old routine of HoH-Nominations-Veto-Eviction.

BIG BROTHER: SERIOUSLY TWISTED

13 houseguests, three months and one twisted summer – This is Big Brother 11!

This time the thirteen houseguests are all complete strangers – its Big Brother himself who will provide the twists.

The core format remains the same with Head of Household, Food, Veto and Luxury competitions every week, along with the weekly nominations and Veto meeting – culminating in the live Thursday night eviction.

PREMIERE: THE MILLION DOLLAR VETO
As usual during the premiere the 13 houseguests move in and compete in the first food and HoH competitions. At the end of the premiere the big twist is revealed to the houseguests.

Currently, the jackpot stands at $1,000,000. However, each time the Veto is used to save a nominee from the block, $100,000 will be deducted from the jackpot – making the nominations and the Veto Challenge more important than ever.

If the Veto is never used – the winner gets the full $1,000,000. However, if it is used every single week the winner will get nothing. The runner-up prize will be equivalent to 10% of the final jackpot.

AMERICA’S CHOICE: DIARY ROOM SPY
After the first eviction the viewers are given the first America’s Choice question. Via a secret spy system hidden in the bathroom, one houseguest will be able to listen into the diary room entry of a houseguest of their choice. Who will be the Diary Room Spy – it’s America’s Choice! The result is revealed a week later in the second eviction show.

DOUBLE EVICTION: THE SUPER VETO
After the third eviction it’s the most important HoH competition so far as the HMs enter The Cooler. The last houseguest standing will become HoH – but as the tension heats up – the cooler cools down.

As the competition begins Julie gives the houseguests some important news. This week it’s a double eviction week – and the HoH will choose three nominees to face the chop. On eviction night, the HoH will get to evict the nominee of their choice, with a second nominee voted out in the usual way.

With the twist to the eviction, there is also a twist to the Veto as the houseguests compete for the Super Veto. The winner of the Super Veto will not only be able to save a nominee from the block – but will also choose the replacement nominee.

FAKE EVICTION: SECRET APARTMENT
In the fourth live eviction show we have a double eviction as the evictee chosen by the HoH, and then by the houseguests, leave the house. At least that’s what the houseguests think!

In fact, the two evictees are secretly ushered out of the house into a secret apartment located next door (behind the diary room), where they will spend the next week able to watch every move the houseguests make via a 24 hour live feed.

Only one of them will get to return to the house though – and that of course will be America’s Choice!

It’s the next live eviction show where two houseguests are truly evicted. Firstly, the regular eviction from the house takes place – but unknown to the houseguests the two secret evictees have also been able to vote on whom will go. This evictee will now move into the jury house and become the first member of the jury.

The next evictee of the night is from the secret apartment, with the houseguest not voted back in by America leaving the show and going home (they are not on the jury!). And then the moment when the evictee returns – armed with the knowledge they’ve obtained from watching the houseguests over the last seven days.

AMERICA’S VETO
When six houseguests remain the viewer’s get more power than ever before – the ability to decide who will win the Power of Veto! Voting will open for 24 hours after the seventh eviction, with nominations not taking place until voting is closed. In a special live eviction show the winner of America’s Veto will be revealed – and have to make their decision immediately!

Remember that using the Veto is costly - $100,000 will be wiped off the jackpot each time it is used!

THE RETURN OF THE JURY
As the two finalists prepare to spend their last few days in the house together, Big Brother throws in one final twist. And it’s a big twist – the jury is moving back in!

Over the last few days of the season the jury will be able to examine the finalists close up – and will question them live in the house to determine the winner of Big Brother 11.

And that is how Big Brother 11 would pan out in the USA if I was in charge!

Your thoughts are welcome as always - and also the twists you'd introduce to Big Brother USA.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 08:44 PM #2
Nah

Nah

Not sure about the Return of the Jury. It takes away the 'Final 2' feeling, if you get me ?

I like it all, the new Power of Veto will finally makes it more unpredictable. That's what we need.

If I could introduce one twist to that, I think the HoH should nominated 2 houseguests as usual and the public will add another one to the chopping block which will make 3 nominees. The Veto holder will save one of the nominees and that's all. We'll get down to 2 nominees as usual.

I know this will never happen - but still, I want to dream.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 08:49 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Not sure about the Return of the Jury. It takes away the 'Final 2' feeling, if you get me ?
That's the idea. I've always found the last few days incredibly boring and I think bringing the jury into the house would bring in a whole new aspect of gameplay with the last two getting the chance to play the game right up until the jury vote.
Old 21-05-2009, 08:56 PM #4
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

I think its about time BBUSA had a fake eviction especially in the first couple of week because that when the housemates are trying to get the most hated housemates out!!!
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 08:56 PM #5

They are all pretty sily if you ask me! BBUSA is all about the money. There is no fame, or anything like that, so if youre gonna take away their money, its simple, no one will use it on someone else. SO thats silly.

Bringing back housemate, that never works in BBUSA, as they always end up getting evicted soon after.

Lastly, no one will ever give that much power to one housemate to listen to everything people say, as the BBUSA is all about deception. It would automatically negate the whole aspect of the game.
Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:56 AM #6
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha
They are all pretty sily if you ask me! BBUSA is all about the money. There is no fame, or anything like that, so if youre going to take away their money, its simple, no one will use it on someone else. SO thats silly.

Bringing back housemate, that never works in BBUSA, as they always end up getting evicted soon after.

Lastly, no one will ever give that much power to one housemate to listen to everything people say, as the BBUSA is all about deception. It would automatically negate the whole aspect of the game.
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 01:46 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha
They are all pretty sily if you ask me! BBUSA is all about the money. There is no fame, or anything like that, so if youre going to take away their money, its simple, no one will use it on someone else. SO thats silly.
Far from it - that's the reason I introduced it. Is it better to sacrifice $100,000 now to increase your own chances of winning the full jackpot - or keep the jackpot high, but leave a strong player in the game.

It also brings about all sorts of possible deals and backstabbing involving the Veto. I'm sure the nominees would be encouraged not to use it and ensured of their safety - and some of them would be stupid enough to believe that.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbusa, brekkie's, twisted