Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 16-11-2008, 07:00 AM #1

Default Dan and Out

Quote:
Dan and Out
Dannii Minogue lost her title as only X Factor mentor to still have all their acts last night as Daniel Evans was voted off the show.

The 38-year-old widower sung for survival against another of Dannii’s acts Rachel Hylton after receiving the least viewer’s votes.

But his performance of Bridge Over Troubled Water which he devoted to his children wasn’t to save him as judges chose to keep Rachel in the competition.

On hearing the news Daniel said: “I just want to thank my friends, family and fans.

“I’ve got a great family and had a great mentor and they’ve kept me going through the whole competition.”

Dannii Minogue said she wouldn’t have been able to choose between her two acts and would have sent the decision to deadlock if it came down to her.

Earlier in the night Simon Cowell described Daniel’s performance of Tom Jones classic It’s Not Unusual as “like a dancing dad at a wedding”.

Round up of performances

Daniel: It's Not Unusual

Hey world, I was watching X Factor on Saturday night and they showed Daniel going home to see his baby.

A baby? I didn’t know Daniel had a baby - and a dead wife apparently. He’s just striving for a better life, and I love that.

Why, those folks at X Factor should have mentioned this sooner.

Let’s focus on this and not mention his performance, because every time I think about it I can’t believe the rage that courses through my veins.

Alexandra: You Are So Beautiful

I can’t listen to this girl sing without imagining her singing it just to me probably while we’re lying on a picnic blanket in a field while she gently strokes my forehead.

I might have a little cry.

JLS: Beatles Medley (I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Twist & Shout, Hey Jude)

Shut up Dannii Minogue. This was brilliant prime-time telly.

I can’t believe this never-has-been had the audacity to say the boys were only doing this medley because Louis loves the music, not them.

WHAT THE HELL WAS MAKING RACHEL HYLTON SING AN UNKNOWN POP TRACK BY ROBYN(?) IN THE FIRST WEEK?

But we digress.

The thing I like most about JLS is the reaction they get from Louis after they perform.

Bless him and his little scrunched up grinning face jumping up and down all happy.

I love it.

Rachel: You Know I'm No Good

I can’t decide if there’s something very uncomfortable or strangely fitting watching this former crack addict take on an Amy Winehouse track.

Who cares, she did a cracking job.

Eoghan: One More Try

What the bejesus are the judges thinking – this performance was RUBBISH.

And honest to all that’s holy, if I have to stare at the TV for another week and see his doughy close-to-tear eyes staring back at me, I’m going to punch myself in the face. Repeatedly.

Diana: Yellow

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

The most “relevant act in the show”, Simon? Shut up!

Oh my giddy aunt sing properly girl and stop with the dramatics - it’s a ruddy singing contest, you’re not brokering a Middle-East peace deal.

Ruth: Angels

I hate this song. A lot.

Let’s leave it at that.
Source: News of the World
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dan