Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 16-01-2009, 09:25 PM #1

Default Tonights show showed why BB keeps getting reported to Ofcom

Seems like they havent learnt their lesson. They believe if they dont show it on the h/ls then no one will notice. Yet it was shown last night and in the papers how Foolio was with Mutya and how he basically crossed the line and was pawing all over her. They think that people will ignore it just like they hoped with Jade 2 years ago. But now they know it will be out there and people who know will feel justified in ringing Ofcom to complain again. And if Mutya walks a she says she will there will be more evidence of how BB is trying to ignore the problem.

If BB want Ofcom to stop getting involved, they need to stop trying to pretend that things that did happen, didnt.

I look forward to the report in 2 months time when we finally get to see every thing Foolio no doubt did and then have C4 and Endemol chiefs claiming, AGAIN, that they have learnt from their mistakes
bradley27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 09:33 PM #2
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by bradley27
Seems like they havent learnt their lesson. They believe if they dont show it on the h/ls then no one will notice. Yet it was shown last night and in the papers how Foolio was with Mutya and how he basically crossed the line and was pawing all over her. They think that people will ignore it just like they hoped with Jade 2 years ago. But now they know it will be out there and people who know will feel justified in ringing Ofcom to complain again. And if Mutya walks a she says she will there will be more evidence of how BB is trying to ignore the problem.

If BB want Ofcom to stop getting involved, they need to stop trying to pretend that things that did happen, didnt.

I look forward to the report in 2 months time when we finally get to see every thing Foolio no doubt did and then have C4 and Endemol chiefs claiming, AGAIN, that they have learnt from their mistakes
"Honest Guv we have noted your comments and we have instructed our Producers to be more diligent. We have learnt lessons from this"
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 09:38 PM #3

Quote:

]
Thats a loAD OF bs! I betch anything you havent even watched the LF, and just read something about it, decided to run with it.
Ask the people who have been here all night watching the feed. There was nothing remotely inappropriate that Coolio did. And I watched the whole thing.
People like you who read tABloid lies are the reason this happens. Get another hobby.
Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 09:41 PM #4

People are always going to complain about shows like Big Brother, it become a national sport and the newspapers fuel it.

The house is just a reflection of life in the UK being shown back to like a mirror. It contains at times the best of human nature and the worse. When the worse appears people jump on the show for showing us the worse type of behavior.

I put it this way, is it not right that we see what is wrong in the world we live so we can question it rather than having it sanitized out of the show?

Surely by showing the nastiness and the problems caused by certain behavior the programmer markers are doing us a favor. The press on the other hand by just complaining about the show rather than the bad behavior of any housemate are just sweeping the problems in society under the carpet.

Ofcom has become the official censor of TV in this country and now a handful of people have the power to get people sacked and programmes taken off the air. Is not it time the people of the UK started complaining about Ofcom?
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 09:48 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha
Quote:

]
Thats a loAD OF bs! I betch anything you havent even watched the LF, and just read something about it, decided to run with it.
Ask the people who have been here all night watching the feed. There was nothing remotely inappropriate that Coolio did. And I watched the whole thing.
People like you who read tABloid lies are the reason this happens. Get another hobby.
is there a need for personal abuse? I guess that might be why you see nothing wrong in what Foolio has done. I've watched more than enough BB from even before the first series over here. And if it was so innocent why not show it and let the audience decide. They have shown more than enough on the h/ls of him pestering the likes of Mutya
Old 16-01-2009, 09:53 PM #6

Remember to stick to the subjects and talk about them and not attack any other members. It's against the rules to attack and insult other users of TiBB.

Red
Old 16-01-2009, 09:54 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
People are always going to complain about shows like Big Brother, it become a national sport and the newspapers fuel it.

The house is just a reflection of life in the UK being shown back to like a mirror. It contains at times the best of human nature and the worse. When the worse appears people jump on the show for showing us the worse type of behavior.

I put it this way, is it not right that we see what is wrong in the world we live so we can question it rather than having it sanitized out of the show?

Surely by showing the nastiness and the problems caused by certain behavior the programmer markers are doing us a favor. The press on the other hand by just complaining about the show rather than the bad behavior of any housemate are just sweeping the problems in society under the carpet.

Ofcom has become the official censor of TV in this country and now a handful of people have the power to get people sacked and programmes taken off the air. Is not it time the people of the UK started complaining about Ofcom?
People didnt always complain, but they found their voice when BB showed a lack of judgement and insulted its viewers by manufacturing getting Nikki back into BB7. There was a sudden realisation that people could complain and I said at the time it was the "jumping the shark" moment. Once it dawned on people they could complain, they now complain every time whether they have seen it or not.

My point tonight is by ignoring what happened and what was seen by people and has been reported, they are being caught covering up again. They delibertely cut l/f this time to avoid it, but they arent bright enough to see when they need to not show anything. If they show a bit and people see it, then claim nothing is happening, they deserve what is coming to them, in relation to Ofcom
Old 16-01-2009, 09:56 PM #8

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

]
is there a need for personal abuse? I guess that might be why you see nothing wrong in what Foolio has done. I've watched more than enough BB from even before the first series over here. And if it was so innocent why not show it and let the audience decide. They have shown more than enough on the h/ls of him pestering the likes of Mutya
Again, did you watch the Live feed last night? If the answer is no, like I suspect, youre a tabloid bandwagoner.
If the answer is yes, which I seriously doubt, what exactly happened, so you can prove to us your opinion is actually warranted. Because I watched it, so did a few people on here, some of which do not like Coolio, and we can assure you, nothing happened.
Obviously, your hobby is just to complain, and go with things like that, which you have no proo f of whatsoever.
DO you think if BB was trying to cover up anything they would even show that on LF? Have some logic at least.
Adn BTW Mutya and Coolio where cracking up laughing
Old 16-01-2009, 09:58 PM #9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

]
Again, did you watch the Live feed last night? If the answer is no, like I suspect, youre a tabloid bandwagoner.
If the answer is yes, which I seriously doubt, what exactly happened, so you can prove to us your opinion is actually warranted. Because I watched it, so did a few people on here, some of which do not like Coolio, and we can assure you, nothing happened.
Obviously, your hobby is just to complain, and go with things like that, which you have no proo f of whatsoever.
DO you think if BB was trying to cover up anything they would even show that on LF? Have some logic at least.
Adn BTW Mutya and Coolio where cracking up laughing
I refer you to what was said a few posts up from Red Moon. Thank you
Old 16-01-2009, 10:05 PM #10

Well you answered my question then. The fact is you watched nothing, read something from the Daily Star, and came here, to complain about something you havent even seen. Again, youre one of the people responsible for BB becoming so boring, and unreal. Thanks.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:06 PM #11

Quote:
Well you answered my question then. The fact is you watched nothing, read something from the Daily Star, and came here, to complain about something you havent even seen. Again, youre one of the people responsible for BB becoming so boring, and unreal. Thanks.
not at all, I just to chose not to reply to someone who is being personal.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:09 PM #12

Quote:
Quote:
You havent watched anything, just admit it!
Where did the alleged molestation take place? You can at least say that since youve seen it right?
Old 16-01-2009, 10:09 PM #13

seems like Mutya is going to leave now. So what does that say about BB? The victim of Foolio's mauling last night leaves, and the agressor just carries on. And they wonder why people end up complaining to Ofcom?

Hardly sends a great message to people being bullied at schools and the workplace
Old 16-01-2009, 10:10 PM #14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You havent watched anything, just admit it!
Where did the alleged molestation take place? You can at least say that since youve seen it right?
I thought I made my position clear. I dont wish to respond to people who are being personal. and if you look up at what Red Moon said, I hope you will take notice of it
Old 16-01-2009, 10:11 PM #15
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

I haven't seen any of CBB so I have nothing to use as proof from this season but BB will never be the same. People are complaining at the smallest things now days...even a swear word. People are either trying too hard to get it off air and are actually offended by what they see on the show. Neither are good signs.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 10:12 PM #16

Quote:
People didnt always complain, but they found their voice when BB showed a lack of judgement and insulted its viewers by manufacturing getting Nikki back into BB7. There was a sudden realisation that people could complain and I said at the time it was the "jumping the shark" moment. Once it dawned on people they could complain, they now complain every time whether they have seen it or not.
People started complaining earlier than that, there was Kinga and the Bottle in BB6 and they even phoned the police in BB5 who ended up at the house. So it's not really that new.

Quote:
My point tonight is by ignoring what happened and what was seen by people and has been reported, they are being caught covering up again. They delibertely cut l/f this time to avoid it, but they arent bright enough to see when they need to not show anything. If they show a bit and people see it, then claim nothing is happening, they deserve what is coming to them, in relation to Ofcom
If anything did happen, they just haven't shown it because people would complain and now a new thing if they don't show it people complain.... so what are they meant to do?

The complainers have won and society is all sweetness, accept when it isn't and when it's not shown which again allows them to complain that there is a cover up.

To be honest the complainers need to go get a life.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:12 PM #17
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

There were people who thought Jade could do no wrong when she and her gang were bullying Shilpa (who by the way feels sorry for that Idiot)

You will ALWAYS find people who can see no wrong in fools and/or idiots!
Old 16-01-2009, 10:16 PM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by fingers
There were people who thought Jade could do no wrong when she and her gang were bullying Shilpa (who by the way feels sorry for that Idiot)

They always argued that Channel 4 showed Jude in a bad way and edited the show to make her and her little gang look bad. In there eyes Jade never did anything wrong, it was always the programmer makers fault. Jade was never to blame for what she did or said.

I remember the discussion on here about it well.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:19 PM #19

Quote:
Quote:
People started complaining earlier than that, there was Kinga and the Bottle in BB6 and they even phoned the police in BB5 who ended up at the house. So it's not really that new.

Quote:
If anything did happen, they just haven't shown it because people would complain and now a new thing if they don't show it people complain.... so what are they meant to do?

The complainers have won and society is all sweetness, accept when it isn't and when it's not shown which again allows them to complain that there is a cover up.

To be honest the complainers need to go get a life.
although people complained before BB7 it was never of the mass variety and it really was the final straw, and people now just will use Ofcom at the slightest thing because they now realise they can.

And unfortunately the problem doesnt lie with the complainers as much as it does with the inconsistances of the producers as well as their blatant disregard for their viewers. They choose the worse kinds of people exactly for the reason they are getting. However they think its a ratings winner and have failed to see that people are switching off in doves now because they are sick of it.

As for what happened last night, once its out in the public and then they chose to ignore it, then they are basically asking people to complain. Let people see for themselves whether or not it was. Ignoring it just makes the situation worse and caues the problems they get
Old 16-01-2009, 10:21 PM #20

Quote:
Quote:

They always argued that Channel 4 showed Jude in a bad way and edited the show to make her and her little gang look bad. In there eyes Jade never did anything wrong, it was always the programmer makers fault. Jade was never to blame for what she did or said.

and in the end when the Ofcom review came out we saw it was much much worse then they even showed. They said they learnt their lesson that time, but they are doing the same again
Old 16-01-2009, 10:23 PM #21
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and in the end when the Ofcom review came out we saw it was much much worse then they even showed. They said they learnt their lesson that time, but they are doing the same again
No change there, then!
Old 16-01-2009, 10:30 PM #22

Quote:
May be if Jade hadn't said what she said then nobody would have needed to learn any lesson.

Any little thing that happens in the house is going to be blown out of proportion by the press. It sells papers and the more controversial they can make things sound the more papers they can sell. It's just another storm in a BB coffee cup.

By the way what paper did the story first appear in?
Old 16-01-2009, 10:32 PM #23

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I haven't seen any of CBB so I have nothing to use as proof from this season but BB will never be the same. People are complaining at the smallest things now days...even a swear word. People are either trying too hard to get it off air and are actually offended by what they see on the show. Neither are good signs.
I dod wonder how many of the actually watch it?

Is like the Ross Brand affair were it appears in the paper then 1000's more people complain.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:33 PM #24
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted byRedMoon

By the way what paper did the story first appear in?

I'm guessing it was the Daily Fail?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 10:35 PM #25

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I dod wonder how many of the actually watch it?

Is like the Ross Brand affair were it appears in the paper then 1000's more people complain.
Thats what most of them do. Case in point our OP right here. They hear or read something on the lying newspapers, and they go and complain, without even hearing the facts, and it just spirals out of control. Its a horrible habit, that most people have (not Markus Btw, he aint complaining). But it ends up killing TV. I lived in the US, and over there people loved watching shows from the UK, because they seem free and less regulated. But now, its fastly becoming like the US shows because of people complaining about every little thing.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, ofcom, reported, show, showed, tonights