Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:14 AM #1

Default They should have left it alone

not really digging this new house. The old house was just beginning to show some character - the people were nice people just starting to show their personalities and the messed it up in favor of four loudmouths who think they are in a pantomime - crude, rude, vile....put in there to basically cheapen the show and cause havoc. Why couldn't they have left it alone - it was going along nicely. Not everybody thinks cheapness is entertaining. Marc - his mother should have taught him better. Sam - too loudmouthy for me. Harry - cheap and nasty. and the overgrown child that is simon is a disgrace - has he even grown up yet? Is this really what they think that people want to see.

Show ruined.

I hope Adjoa, the twins, harriet, kieran and sarah are delighted to be away from that cheap and nasty element.

Last edited by just thinkin; 03-06-2015 at 08:16 AM.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:14 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by just thinkin View Post
not really digging this new house. The old house was just beginning to show some character - the people were nice people just starting to show their personalities and the messed it up in favor of four loudmouths who think they are in a pantomime - crude, rude, vile....put in there to basically cheapen the show and cause havoc. Why couldn't they have left it alone - it was going along nicely. Not everybody thinks cheapness is entertaining. Marc - his mother should have taught him better. Sam - too loudmouthy for me. Harry - cheap and nasty. and the overgrown child that is simon is a disgrace - has he even grown up yet? Is this really what they think that people want to see.

Show ruined.

I hope Adjoa, the twins, harriet, kieran and sarah are delighted to be away from that cheap and nasty element.

I absolutely agree! It was just getting started and obviously producers had a knee jerk reaction to viewing figures by the sound of it?

I am a die hard BB fan and last week, was just thinking how good it was developing, there were personalities in there but not over the top characters (like now).

I am all for BB going back to basics and it was almost happening naturally, I realise it can't go back as it was, when it started but potential was there. Producers should have had faith and let the show progress naturally, there is too much interference now!

I didn't appreciate Emma's comment either in one of the interviews last Friday, explaining why it had all happened because they were all too nice and got on too well. Silly woman! Was I the only person enjoying the twins v Jade? Also gutted for Keiran and Harriet!!
sosadbbend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 PM #3
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosadbbend View Post
I absolutely agree! It was just getting started and obviously producers had a knee jerk reaction to viewing figures by the sound of it?

I am a die hard BB fan and last week, was just thinking how good it was developing, there were personalities in there but not over the top characters (like now).

I am all for BB going back to basics and it was almost happening naturally, I realise it can't go back as it was, when it started but potential was there. Producers should have had faith and let the show progress naturally, there is too much interference now!

I didn't appreciate Emma's comment either in one of the interviews last Friday, explaining why it had all happened because they were all too nice and got on too well. Silly woman! Was I the only person enjoying the twins v Jade? Also gutted for Keiran and Harriet!!
I didn't understand that comment either, I think Emma was struggling with how to explain it.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:17 PM #4
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I'm just glad that sourpusses Sarah and Harriet are gone. You could never have fun with those tow around, because they used to criticize everything. And i wish Marc was there from the start. The House would have been so different.

Last edited by Vanessa; 03-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:25 PM #5
Namaste

Namaste

I've still enjoyed it, but I do wish they left it alone and just let things play out naturally.

I just want: full nominations each week, those with the most face eviction ... it's a simple format that works well as it is without a twist literally every week. My favourite part of BB is seeing how the dynamics and relationships in the house form, how they vote in nominations, etc. Not the "BIG SHOCKING TWISTS!!!!!!!!". When the 4 In, 4 Out thing was first announced, I found it exciting, but now that's all passed I think we'd have been better off without it. And now this week we've been robbed of proper nominations again.

As I said, I'm still liking it, but I think it's a real shame that they just can't seem to leave BB alone anymore. I'm not saying never have a twist, but having them each and every week kind of misses the point of a "twist".

Last edited by Lostie!; 03-06-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:26 PM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

I'm happy Adjoa got out as quickly as she could
Old 03-06-2015, 05:38 PM #7
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

I'm really happy by what has happened, I thought Harriet, Kieran & the twins just didn't deliver.

I miss Sarah, but Marc, Simon & Harry are certainly spicing things up.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:58 PM #8

The 4 evicted house mates were boring. I also think a few of them lied on their opening night videos, trying to give an appearance or qualities they did not possess. Eg: "feisty" Harriet, Sarah & the twins who sat around all day smoked cigs & moaning behind backs.
BB1984 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:00 PM #9
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

They should have normal nominations, concrete nomination rules, good tasks, a better eviction programme and far less twists.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:02 PM #10
-

-

Can't wait till I start re-watching BB5 on Friday.

I'm looking forwards to it. I play the ads everyday, so I can build up the excitement for it, as if it is going to air for real.

Back when BB was an event.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM #11
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Slay a bit
Old 03-06-2015, 06:08 PM #12
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
I've still enjoyed it, but I do wish they left it alone and just let things play out naturally.

I just want: full nominations each week, those with the most face eviction ... it's a simple format that works well as it is without a twist literally every week. My favourite part of BB is seeing how the dynamics and relationships in the house form, how they vote in nominations, etc. Not the "BIG SHOCKING TWISTS!!!!!!!!". When the 4 In, 4 Out thing was first announced, I found it exciting, but now that's all passed I think we'd have been better off without it. And now this week we've been robbed of proper nominations again.

As I said, I'm still liking it, but I think it's a real shame that they just can't seem to leave BB alone anymore. I'm not saying never have a twist, but having them each and every week kind of misses the point of a "twist".
This.

I like to see the personalities developing naturally... without the constant twists.

I guess someone must like twists or they wouldn't be having as many.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:50 AM #13

i saw an ad for an upcoming show on BBC last night - the host it seems is this Emma girl who hosts big brother. I took one look at her on the ad and decided i wouldn't be watching. I remember her from a few years ago and she seemed lovely - however being part of this show isn't doing her any favors. She could do so much better. I've mentally lumped her into the less intelligent cheap and nasty brigade now.

Last edited by just thinkin; 04-06-2015 at 07:50 AM.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:37 AM #14

I have to say...I thought it was an opportunity to get the dull ones out...but it was the dull ones that stayed...it should have been a double with VTS.

Last edited by rusticgal; 04-06-2015 at 10:01 AM.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:52 AM #15

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by just thinkin View Post

Show ruined.

I must admit I was pretty excited when we found out first about the 4 in 4 out. Of the housemates that were evicted I never liked the twins I found them gobby and miserable half the time. I wasn't keen on Harriet either I felt she could be vicious and rude. I liked Kieran but he didn't feature much in the house if I am honest. I liked Sarah after initially not liking her but I think the reason I liked her atall was because of her friendship with Jade when Jade really needed a friend.

From the little I saw of Simon on launch night I found him extremely irritating and I clapped when he was sent home. When I heard he was coming back into the house I was going mad as it was cathegorically said on launch night that he wouldn't be re entering the house. As for the other three Sam seemed like a nice feisty girl on night one but has become dull boring and a snake in the grass. I quite like Harry as she is certainly mingling with the others. However Marc has made me sick to my stomach with his appalling language, lewd comments and vanity. I know he has had a few normal moments in there but its MARC that has taken from my enjoyment of the series and I am hoping and praying he isn't in there for the long haul.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:38 PM #16

I miss harriet and sarah (I might be the only one) but the house has improved and the new hm's are bringing it
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:43 PM #17
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I have to say...I thought it was an opportunity to get the dull ones out...but it was the dull ones that stayed...it should have been a double with VTS.
Based on the first weeks, I would have preferred Sarah & the twins to stay over Danny & Chloe.

I'd love to see how the twins would have reacted to Marc.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
left