Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 18-01-2009, 08:46 AM #1

Default Big Brother auditions held in region

Quote:
Big Brother auditions held in region

BIG BROTHER wannabes turned out in their hundreds yesterday to audition for a chance of fame.

People from all over the region descended on Newcastle to audition for series 10 of the popular and controversial reality TV programme.

They queued inside St James’s Park to try and impress show producers with their wacky and lively personalities.

Among those on hand to offer support and advice to the hopefuls was former Big Brother contestant Liam McGough.

The 24-year-old from Lanchester, County Durham, managed to secure third place in the eighth series of the show.

He said: “I remember being really excited on my audition day and in a way I envy everyone who is here because they have all the excitement to come to them.
“It is very funny watching some of the people trying to be something they are not.

They know the producers are looking for people who are going to be entertaining, but watching people who are naturally quite boring trying to be something they aren’t is funny.

“Those who are successful will have to learn that they will become public property. There will hardly be a day goes by without someone coming up to them and asking to have a picture taken.

“Other times people can just stare at you and you know they recognise you but can’t figure out from where. I enjoy it because I like meeting people but I imagine some people could eventually find it a problem.

“For me, being on Big Brother transformed my life. I used to be a tree surgeon but now I host a radio show.”

Among those hoping to make it into the 13-week-long show was Laura Ramage, a 21-year-old shop assistant from Durham. She said: “I am a massive fan of the show and would love to appear on it. I have always wanted to give it a go.”

Lianne Furness, 19, a student from Durham, said: “I just wanted to audition for the experience, really. I know the odds are stacked against me but if you don’t try, you have no chance.”

Two of those who were rejected were brothers Paul and Neil Hepper from Darlington. The pair both got through initial selection but were rejected by producers at the second stage.

Paul, 23, said: “It’s a bit disappointing really as last year we progressed further than this.

“I guess we will just keep trying and maybe one year we will get there. I would love to appear on the show.”

Katy Smith, series editor, said: “We have already been to Edinburgh, Birmingham, Cardiff and Dublin but Newcastle has been the most entertaining so far.
“We have spotted a few people who could make it into the house.
“The housemates from the North always seem to do well and I think that must be something to do with their friendliness and sense of humour.”
Source: Sunday Sun
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 09:13 AM #2
mizzy25

mizzy25

in newcastle they always seem 2 come frm durham which is quite a distance from newcastle. i wish they wud put somene in bb from newcastle itself
mizzy25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 12:25 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

The Sun today claims just 200 turned up.

I don't get why they seem to go to the same cities every year - they should move them around a bit to potentially attract auditionees from different areas.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
auditions, big brother, held, region