Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 28-04-2009, 08:40 PM #1

Default What is the sense in the LIVE FEED anyway?

What is the sence in the LIVE FEED? Why is it such an important part of Big Brother? I have never watched the live feed, actually once I think I was bored early hours of the morning, but that was even more boring then me!!!!

At least wait until the evening to watch the edited version.
In a way, I'm glad the LIVE FEED has been axed, as not many people where watching it. Perhaps due to this Big Brother's budget could be a bit bigger and they could pull all the stops out this year?

Did anyone actually watch the LIVE FEED?
BB-UK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 08:42 PM #2

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Quote:
Originally posted by BB-UK
What is the sence in the LIVE FEED? Why is it such an important part of Big Brother?
A central part of the Big Brother format is that you are able to watch it 24 hours a day. By taking away the live feed, it's like Channel 4 are ripping the heart out of the show.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 08:50 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

The whole point of the show all around the world was to monitor the HMs 24/7, and now thats gone, we are the only country without a live feed.

BB can manipulate edits and make some HMs look better than others leading to us not knowing who's good and who's bad.

The reason isnt because of the money its the fact that Rachel won last year to BB's dissapointment, they tried to edit her badly in the HLs but the live feed was available, people saw her more fun side and voted for her to win... BB dont want this to happen again so thats why they are taking it away... their winner should be our winner apparently
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 08:50 PM #4
Classic

Classic

Some need a BB history lesson and learn why BB was made.. Yes LEARN!!
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 09:01 PM #5

If you look at the way they made luke out last year the h/l show had him as a cheeky chappie not the vicious backstabbing hm he really was..it was only when he went so OTT they couldnt find material to show in the h/l did it finally come out in the show.
The live feed has caught so many slip ups my all time fav was Emily parr telling people how she knew about going into the BB house months before even the audtions began..
oathbreaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 09:04 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by oathbreaker
If you look at the way they made luke out last year the h/l show had him as a cheeky chappie not the vicious backstabbing hm he really was..it was only when he went so OTT they couldnt find material to show in the h/l did it finally come out in the show.
The live feed has caught so many slip ups my all time fav was Emily parr telling people how she knew about going into the BB house months before even the audtions began..
exactly! HMs will be able to get away with anything (especially BB's fave), they will make them look like an angel on the HL show.... they could hide aything from us.... they could hide a fight from us if it involves their fave HM, so they wont show it to protect them.

We will miss about 50% of the whole picture.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 09:05 PM #7

Its really odd tbh What we are seeing over on DS are lukes fans the ones glad the feed has gone..because lets be honest had he been in the house THIS year the chances are he would have won.
the feed wasnt perfect as we saw last year nicole in the kitchen 1 second later nicole in the garden eating her food...lol
But it did allow you to get a sense of not only balance but those little things you geto know about the people either you like or dont.
oathbreaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 09:14 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by BB-UK
What is the sence in the LIVE FEED? Why is it such an important part of Big Brother? I have never watched the live feed, actually once I think I was bored early hours of the morning, but that was even more boring then me!!!!

At least wait until the evening to watch the edited version.
In a way, I'm glad the LIVE FEED has been axed, as not many people where watching it. Perhaps due to this Big Brother's budget could be a bit bigger and they could pull all the stops out this year?

Did anyone actually watch the LIVE FEED?

Live Feed is Good
it shows you it Un Cut.
That is what Big Brother is based upon.

Your Glad
No Problem.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:04 AM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
The whole point of the show all around the world was to monitor the HMs 24/7, and now thats gone, we are the only country without a live feed.

BB can manipulate edits and make some HMs look better than others leading to us not knowing who's good and who's bad.

The reason isnt because of the money its the fact that Rachel won last year to BB's dissapointment, they tried to edit her badly in the HLs but the live feed was available, people saw her more fun side and voted for her to win... BB dont want this to happen again so thats why they are taking it away... their winner should be our winner apparently
i agree completely....the live-feed was a important part of big brother as it meant we had 24-hour access! its not the same without live feed.....i hope that "another-channel"-will take over broadcasting big brother future series...as channel4 are apparantly ending their broadcasting big brother after big brother 11...they are contracted to show bb-11...then they will end it........surely all we need is for "another-channel"-to take over broadcasting future series of big brother....this way big brother can go on-(indefinately)-why should'nt it go on indefinately.....it can under "another-channel"...lets face it..there are hundreds of channels out there! channel4 can go....but we fans of big brother...want it to stay indefinately.....on (another-channel).
jonno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 AM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

i agree completely....the live-feed was a important part of big brother as it meant we had 24-hour access! its not the same without live feed.....i hope that "another-channel"-will take over broadcasting big brother future series...as channel4 are apparantly ending their broadcasting big brother after big brother 11...they are contracted to show bb-11...then they will end it........surely all we need is for "another-channel"-to take over broadcasting future series of big brother....this way big brother can go on-(indefinately)-why should'nt it go on indefinately.....it can under "another-channel"...lets face it..there are hundreds of channels out there! channel4 can go....but we fans of big brother...want it to stay indefinately.....on (another-channel).
jonno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 AM #11
Most powerful man on TiBB

The live feed is not coming back unfortunately. It's been confirmed by the Channel 4 spokseman.

They say the reason is cost-cutting, but it's ridiculous to think we're now the only bb in the world without live streaming. It's such a horrendous decision. Just see the ratings for this summer, they'll be in freefall I bet.
President is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM #12
Team Flack

Team Flack

Quote:
Its really odd tbh What we are seeing over on DS are lukes fans the ones glad the feed has gone..because lets be honest had he been in the house THIS year the chances are he would have won.
the feed wasnt perfect as we saw last year nicole in the kitchen 1 second later nicole in the garden eating her food...lol
But it did allow you to get a sense of not only balance but those little things you geto know about the people either you like or dont.
Luke wasn't a backstabber,he may have been civil to some people he didn't like but what was he supposed to do,fight with them? When everyone was in the bedrooms chatting,it was never only Luke bitching.

I hated the h/l last years,I probably watched more Luke and Bex stuff on live feed than any other BB9.
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 AM #13
Classic

Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by President
The live feed is not coming back unfortunately. It's been confirmed by the Channel 4 spokseman.

They say the reason is cost-cutting, but it's ridiculous to think we're now the only bb in the world without live streaming. It's such a horrendous decision. Just see the ratings for this summer, they'll be in freefall I bet.
Live feed will be on E4 late night.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM #14
Classic

Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess
Quote:
Luke wasn't a backstabber,he may have been civil to some people he didn't like but what was he supposed to do,fight with them? When everyone was in the bedrooms chatting,it was never only Luke bitching.

I hated the h/l last years,I probably watched more Luke and Bex stuff on live feed than any other BB9.
You said (wrote/typed) the L & B word!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 PM #15

the live feed is for OBSESSIVE bb fanatics!!!!! yay!

i remember bb7.. on launch night i watched the live feed till about 3am!!!

shabaz showed his willy to nikki and richard and they said it was small!!!!

but yeah more manipulation will be made without the live feed!!!

bb wants to get more viewers for the main 1 hour show!!!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM #16

Quote:
Originally posted by andyman
Quote:
Originally posted by President

Live feed will be on E4 late night.
I should have said 24/7 live feed.
President is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
feed, live, sense