Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 29-10-2018, 03:45 AM #1

Default People have paid money to keep Lewis in

So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

I don't vote. But if I had voted for Lewis then I would want answers.

Last edited by ThriceShy; 29-10-2018 at 03:47 AM.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 03:46 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

how is it big brothers fault that lewis is a moron
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 03:49 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
It isn't.

My point is that a paying public should be allowed to see the reason he was ejected because some voted to keep him in.

I couldn't stand him by the way. I just think the secrecy issue is important.
Old 29-10-2018, 03:50 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I only half agree with you Elliot , yes Lewis was an overbearing idiot . But BB still SHOULD of shown us WHY he got removed .

I keep wondering if he got previous warnings now aswell , even the night when him & Cameron jumped in the pool when it was pelting down with rain and Lewis kept ignoring BB .
Old 29-10-2018, 03:52 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 04:01 AM #6
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

I think this is more of an issue/conspiracy/problem with the betting than the people paying/voting to keep him in. Could've been too many bets placed on Lewis F and he was just rigged out for the bookies.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:02 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I think this is more of an issue/conspiracy/problem with the betting than the people paying/voting to keep him in. Could've been too many bets placed on Lewis F and he was just rigged out for the bookies.
oh, gawd, no
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:42 AM #8
-

-

Quote:
Its not a big betting event, there's nowhere near enough money involved in reality TV betting for it to be worth rigging. Plus Lewis was favourite for weeks, and in general, it's GOOD for bookies if the favourite wins. It's not like he was sitting at 50/1 with money being piled on and then suddenly became favourite.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:44 PM #9
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Quote:
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:15 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.
All the sniping Ifs, so if you have proof of your words, which I only get the gist of, too much to read sensibly, present it. You will find that no matter what his loyal fans will stand by him. The fact that BB stood up for him says a lot. The fact that his family are with him, says a lot, they wouldnt risk any untrue comments, they would just keep quiet.

He is the eventual true favourite outside the house no matter what, any winner now will be second best and win on his shirt tails. Hopefully it will be Cameron. Also if one thinks that the bookies and powers that be cannot do the dirty, you are wrong it has been done many times, it is all about money. This is why I never count my chickens.

Cameron to win..

Last edited by Jules82; 29-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Jules82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 09:03 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules82 View Post
All the sniping Ifs, so if you have proof of your words, which I only get the gist of, too much to read sensibly, present it. You will find that no matter what his loyal fans will stand by him. The fact that BB stood up for him says a lot. The fact that his family are with him, says a lot, they wouldnt risk any untrue comments, they would just keep quiet.

He is the eventual true favourite outside the house no matter what, any winner now will be second best and win on his shirt tails. Hopefully it will be Cameron. Also if one thinks that the bookies and powers that be cannot do the dirty, you are wrong it has been done many times, it is all about money. This is why I never count my chickens.

Cameron to win..
That's the typical response from certain supporters of a Lewser. "At least everyone knows he/she was the real winner" No, everyone doesn't know that. Everyone knows that's what certain upset and furious fans tell themselves, somehow believing that presenting any type of nonsensical hollow victory will ease the pain. Masking reality will get you nowhere. The reality is Lewser Lewis was kicked off the show for expressing UNACCEPTABLE language/views.

Yes, fake "litte bro" Cam to win. Make me some money
Old 29-10-2018, 10:08 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's the typical response from certain supporters of a Lewser. "At least everyone knows he/she was the real winner" No, everyone doesn't know that. Everyone knows that's what certain upset and furious fans tell themselves, somehow believing that presenting any type of nonsensical hollow victory will ease the pain. Masking reality will get you nowhere. The reality is Lewser Lewis was kicked off the show for expressing UNACCEPTABLE language/views.

It's definitely secured Cam the win
Old 30-10-2018, 06:11 PM #13

Quote:

You do me an injustice I dont think I said everyone, I am old enough, ugly enough and sensible enough to know that not one of us can be liked by everyone. I disagree and think it very unfair that you should label someone whom you do not like and do not know, with so many negative categories as you have done. You are putting yourself up as perfection and not allowing the freedom of speech for any Lewis admirers.

It is a game and in a game one chooses his pieces, my piece left of his own accord through a slip of the tongue, prove differently if you can. Do not use the gallows because of distrust and dislike. You have judged the same as we all do but sometimes judgement comes back on us and then we have to learn how to deal with it. If we are fair then we will get fairly dealt with.

Mmmm maybe we should let Judge Rylan have the last judgement, ah no on second thoughts, he will hang everyone if they are not of like mind to him. He prefers sleazy entertainment....
Old 30-10-2018, 07:28 AM #14

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

:
Quote:

Excellent post, Pro-sniper. You are spot on with every point you make here about Lewis and about bookies.

The only way I differ is that I feel the incident should have been shown, even if words needed to be bleeped out. This view has nothing to do with money or voting for me, but is more to do with the fact that viewers have invested in the series by watching it every night for weeks, and I feel that deserves transparency regarding what happened.

Like you, though, I do agree that it would probably be to Lewis' detriment if the truth was revealed.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 05:59 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
:

Excellent post, Pro-sniper. You are spot on with every point you make here about Lewis and about bookies.

The only way I differ is that I feel the incident should have been shown, even if words needed to be bleeped out. This view has nothing to do with money or voting for me, but is more to do with the fact that viewers have invested in the series by watching it every night for weeks, and I feel that deserves transparency regarding what happened.

Like you, though, I do agree that it would probably be to Lewis' detriment if the truth was revealed.
Tbh I feel it is more to his detriment that it isnt revealed, all the wondering and surmising. Many have backed him, surely they would want to know the reason, was it an injustice or not. Who do they blame.

Those who want to stand by him regardless, will, he has to face up to the truth and not have people backstabbing him because they dont know. Myself, I feel he is doing right, he is going out drinking etc. he is thinking positive but maybe he also feels that justice should be done if it is right in what his family are saying. All sorts of stories are being made up. Talk of fixes have been rampant in the series, mostly against Lewis, so did they use him and then abuse him, who knows eh. It is suspicious that they dont say.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:01 AM #16

Imagine you voted for a housemate over the course of a series and spent maybe Ł20 or more or whatever. Would you be happy that they were just secretly ejected Kafka style with no reasons given?

I contend that people who paid to keep Lewis in are owed an explanation.

And it doesn't matter which housemate it is. It just happens to be Lewis but the same would apply to all of them.

Last edited by ThriceShy; 29-10-2018 at 04:02 AM.
Old 29-10-2018, 06:39 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
Imagine you voted for a housemate over the course of a series and spent maybe Ł20 or more or whatever. Would you be happy that they were just secretly ejected Kafka style with no reasons given?

I contend that people who paid to keep Lewis in are owed an explanation.

And it doesn't matter which housemate it is. It just happens to be Lewis but the same would apply to all of them.
Agree with you -

We should get better transparency and if not we shouldn't vote. They only know through their pockets.

Cant stand the competition either - 5 mins every highlight show that takes up - who enters these things? If you add up 5 mins everyday for two months its a waste of time.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:08 AM #18
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Not strictly true @title, and even if it was, they only paid for him to stay until the next eviction/ejection.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:28 AM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

I don't vote. But if I had voted for Lewis then I would want answers.
was thinking exactly the same, in fact I have written to ch5 giving those exact reasons why they should atleast tell us why they ejected lewis without giving him a warning. they should not keep the fans in the dark when we are spending our well earned cash on voting. poor vanessa has paid a small fortune in order to keep lewis in, only to have him chucked out a week later, no reason given, its not on.
tanussa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:42 AM #20
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanussa View Post
was thinking exactly the same, in fact I have written to ch5 giving those exact reasons why they should atleast tell us why they ejected lewis without giving him a warning. they should not keep the fans in the dark when we are spending our well earned cash on voting. poor vanessa has paid a small fortune in order to keep lewis in, only to have him chucked out a week later, no reason given, its not on.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:36 AM #21
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i paid good money to keep Lewis G in, but look where that got me
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 09:30 AM #22
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i paid good money to keep Lewis G in, but look where that got me
He was thrown out by the public.
A major difference.

No matter the housemate, we should be told at least, if not shown the incident, why any supporters lose the housemate they kind of sponsor really via their time and cost of votes to keep them in.

Since this is something he said, as you stated rightly, they could bleep the offending word out.
As viewers on BB, where the idea is, we look in on a collection of people thrown together, to see them and how they react, and say and do the things they do.
We should have far more information on an ejection, immaterial of whichever housemate is ejected, than we have had here.

The housemates know, BB knows, channel 5 know, since it's not a criminal matter or one for any authorities..
Then we should be told more fully and know too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:11 AM #23
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
He was thrown out by the public.
A major difference.

No matter the housemate, we should be told at least, if not shown the incident, why any supporters lose the housemate they kind of sponsor really via their time and cost of votes to keep them in.

Since this is something he said, as you stated rightly, they could bleep the offending word out.
As viewers on BB, where the idea is, we look in on a collection of people thrown together, to see them and how they react, and say and do the things they do.
We should have far more information on an ejection, immaterial of whichever housemate is ejected, than we have had here.

The housemates know, BB knows, channel 5 know, since it's not a criminal matter or one for any authorities..
Then we should be told more fully and know too.
all we know for sure is that Lewis admitted responsibility for saying something that wasn't acceptable. I struggle with it a lot really, because there have been loads of instances where he said things previously that I found unacceptable, and not a single warning was shown. BB didn't show it, broadcast it, so I'm kind of at a loss. I think back to all the live feed we used to have where people discussed all sorts of things, some of them quite libelous if aired, and all they did was apply some bird noises. No drama, no nothing .... i'm at a loss really
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:36 AM #24
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura

It's vote to evict not save. So they haven't paid money to keep him in, they've just paid to see other people leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelindabee View Post
I started declining people if they have a Foren names though as those people I think are contacting me about dating as they want a visa... Lots of people (who can't speak English well) contact me about wanting to be my bf... Then I find out that they actually live in indea or a place like that
thisisdanny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:39 AM #25
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Fools and their money are easily parted.

You all need to get a life and stop going on about a show that died years ago.

Reality to game show, and that’s it’s death.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lewis, money, paid, people