Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
LeatherTrumpet
Cyber Punk
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,966


Thumbs up Kate's mum Carol Asks Mag to pull her off!

Kate Middleton's mother Carole asks publishers of Good Housekeeping not to promote her cover interview to avoid being 'insensitive' to Prince Philip, 99



Kate Middleton's mother Carole has asked the publishers of Good
Housekeeping magazine not to promote a cover interview with her over fears
it will look 'insensitive' while Prince Philip is battling ill-health in hospital.

Carole Middleton, who runs party supply company Party Pieces, interviewed
with the magazine in January but has reportedly asked its publishers not to
promote it as Prince Philip, 99, is still in hospital.

The news comes ahead of a 'tell-all' interview with the Duke and Duchess of
Sussex and Oprah Winfrey which is set to air in the UK on Monday night,
despite criticism of its timing.

A source told the Sun: 'Carole is incredibly proud of her company and all the
hard work that goes into it.

'But whilst backing the business, she didn't want to turn any news into a
media circus because she is so respectful and sensitive to Catherine, and the
royal family.

'She always gets William's go-ahead before any interview like this, and he is
incredibly supportive.

'But the more the PR machine rolled out in Los Angeles with Meghan and
Harry, the more sensitive Carole became.

'She decided she didn't want to do any PR for the interview - even if it cost
her thousands in potential lost marketing.'

In the interview, which features in the April issue and is out now, Carole
shares insights into her company Party Pieces as well as her family life.

She looks stunning and appears on the cover of the magazine wearing a £375 Seventies-inspired
floral print dress from Wyse London, befitting the arrival of spring.



https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-battle.html

An elegant lady showing the Queen respect
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #2
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 28,947

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

an interview in good housekeeping would make any ones blood boil
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #3
jet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,299

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Jahmene Douglas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Kate Middleton's mother Carole asks publishers of Good Housekeeping not to promote her cover interview to avoid being 'insensitive' to Prince Philip, 99



Kate Middleton's mother Carole has asked the publishers of Good
Housekeeping magazine not to promote a cover interview with her over fears
it will look 'insensitive' while Prince Philip is battling ill-health in hospital.

Carole Middleton, who runs party supply company Party Pieces, interviewed
with the magazine in January but has reportedly asked its publishers not to
promote it as Prince Philip, 99, is still in hospital.

The news comes ahead of a 'tell-all' interview with the Duke and Duchess of
Sussex and Oprah Winfrey which is set to air in the UK on Monday night,
despite criticism of its timing.

A source told the Sun: 'Carole is incredibly proud of her company and all the
hard work that goes into it.

'But whilst backing the business, she didn't want to turn any news into a
media circus because she is so respectful and sensitive to Catherine, and the
royal family.

'She always gets William's go-ahead before any interview like this, and he is
incredibly supportive.

'But the more the PR machine rolled out in Los Angeles with Meghan and
Harry, the more sensitive Carole became.

'She decided she didn't want to do any PR for the interview - even if it cost
her thousands in potential lost marketing.'

In the interview, which features in the April issue and is out now, Carole
shares insights into her company Party Pieces as well as her family life.

She looks stunning and appears on the cover of the magazine wearing a £375 Seventies-inspired
floral print dress from Wyse London, befitting the arrival of spring.



https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-battle.html

An elegant lady showing the Queen respect
The Middletons show that loyalty, respect and kindness towards each other makes for a happy, thriving family.
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
LeatherTrumpet
Cyber Punk
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The Middletons show that loyalty, respect and kindness towards each other makes for a happy, thriving family.
William is lucky to have such nice inlaws who all get on!
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
jet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,299

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Jahmene Douglas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
William is lucky to have such nice inlaws who all get on!
He chose well!
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,163
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
William is lucky to have such nice inlaws who all get on!
He is lucky, but who bases their choice of partner on how well they get on with their family/their past family experiences, or tries to use those as some sort of moral judgement? More accurately, Kate is lucky to come from a happy & supportive family, but that should be seen for what it is: a good thing, a lucky thing... not some sort of character assessment . How can you base a moral assessment of a person on their family history. Can't think of anyone who would do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
He chose well!
Oh.
__________________
Toy Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #7
LeatherTrumpet
Cyber Punk
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
He is lucky, but who bases their choice of partner on how well they get on with their family/their past family experiences, or tries to use those as some sort of moral judgement? More accurately, Kate is lucky to come from a happy & supportive family, but that should be seen for what it is: a good thing, a lucky thing... not some sort of character assessment . How can you base a moral assessment of a person on their family history. Can't think of anyone who would do that.


They do say that when you are thinking about asking woman to marry you have a look at her mother as that is what she will turn into give or take
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #8
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
William is lucky to have such nice inlaws who all get on!

Yes all is good.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #9
UserSince2005
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,348

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
BB10: Noirin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
William is lucky to have such nice inlaws who all get on!
Yes its lovely.

I bet Haz has never even met Papa, i mean how ghetto ahaha.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #10
Nicky91
SantaNicky
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 53,293
Blog Entries: 41

Favourites:
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
Apprentice 2018: Sian
BB18: Raph
BB17: Georgina


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The Middletons show that loyalty, respect and kindness towards each other makes for a happy, thriving family.
true, very kind of them to think of Philip
__________________
Spoiler:



Robinson2021 faves: Sandra Ysbrandy/Annemiek Koekoek/Jan van Halst
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:33 PM   #11
Jordan.
:sicksmilie:
 
Jordan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62,576


Default

Saving face for poor sales?
Jordan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
user17866
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 57,452


Default

...I read that title that she had to be pulled off someone because she was physically attacking them...
user17866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:11 PM   #13
Amy Jade
Queen of Walford
 
Amy Jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 52,242

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

Why would they promote an interview with her anyway?
__________________
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #14
LeatherTrumpet
Cyber Punk
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Why would they promote an interview with her anyway?
She is a successful businesswoman and runs party supply company Party Pieces
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #15
Amy Jade
Queen of Walford
 
Amy Jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 52,242

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
She is a successful businesswoman and runs party supply company Party Pieces
Okay? that's lovely for her.

If she'd just left it alone nobody would know she was doing it anyway because I doubt many know who she even is, by making an issue of it she's brought it more attention though.

So she's either very tactical and by pretending not to want attention she's gotten a little, the DM are lying once again or she's a bit deluded and thinks anyone was rushing to the corner shop to read about her business.
__________________
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #16
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80,033


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Okay? that's lovely for her.

If she'd just left it alone nobody would know she was doing it anyway because I doubt many know who she even is, by making an issue of it she's brought it more attention though.

So she's either very tactical and by pretending not to want attention she's gotten a little, the DM are lying once again or she's a bit deluded and thinks anyone was rushing to the corner shop to read about her business.
Spot. On.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #17
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 29,827


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
She is a successful businesswoman and runs party supply company Party Pieces
Yes. And also, her daughter is the future queen of England. And her grandson is the future king.

I'd say an interview is more than justified.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #18
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,499
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

I had to check her age she looks great for 66!
__________________
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #19
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80,033


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yes. And also, her daughter is the future queen of England. And her grandson is the future king.

I'd say an interview is more than justified.
You think people are interested in her because she's William's mother-in-law?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #20
Jordan.
:sicksmilie:
 
Jordan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62,576


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Why would they promote an interview with her anyway?
My thoughts exactly. She must think herself some sort of celebrity like Kate's sister did that time white people discovered what an average looking ass looked like.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #21
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80,033


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
My thoughts exactly. She must think herself some sort of celebrity like Kate's sister did that time white people discovered what an average looking ass looked like.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #22
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 29,827


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
My thoughts exactly. She must think herself some sort of celebrity like Kate's sister did that time white people discovered what an average looking ass looked like.
See my post above.

And you Meghan fans call US haters! You're hilarious.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:11 PM   #23
Jordan.
:sicksmilie:
 
Jordan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62,576


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
See my post above.

And you Meghan fans call US haters! You're hilarious.
I didn't even know you still posted, hello
Jordan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #24
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 29,827


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I didn't even know you still posted, hello
Hello yourself.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:36 AM   #25
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,396


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Why would they promote an interview with her anyway?


Respectful and successful business lady and mother in law to the future King...why wouldn’t they?
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asks, carol, kate, mag, mum, pull

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts