Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:32 PM #1
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
Default Survivor South Africa: Immunity Island -- Cast released, premiere on June 3

Cast bios/other info can be found here:
https://www.news24.com/channel/tv/ne...and-20210502-2
https://www.iol.co.za/entertainment/...9-3be97707598c

Amy

Anela

Anesu

Carla

Chappies

Dino

Jason

Kiran

Marisha

Mike

Nicole

Paul

Pinty

Qieän

Renier

Santoni

Shaun

Thoriso

Tysoh

Wardah
Old 03-10-2021, 08:25 PM #2
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

This forum is surely dead but I'm going to post my cast ranking here anyway.

1. Chappies (it took me a little while to realize just how much star power Chappies had but this really was His Season. Yes he took up a lot of screentime and yes he absolutely did play up to the cameras, but he was FUN about it so who cares. Chappies Diner is an iconic piece of Survivor canon and his journey from start to finish is super unique and compelling. He has a little bit of Tony Vlachos in him (and I'm not saying that as a compliment) but ultimately he's a lot better so I'm more willing to tolerate it)
2. Carla (just dynamic and a lot of fun and really carried the first few episodes of the season. Booted way too early and it was definitely a loss for the season but she definitely made her mark and is one of the better pre-mergers of SA ever)
3. Nicole (alol I can't believe she's this high but her win is EPIC and really cements her legacy as That Girl. The fact that she didn't really have any agency in the game whatsoever, slayed Chappies at F3, and then ran circles around Anela at FTC and almost got a clean sweep )
4. Thoriso (lmaoooo this creature. Pretty epic arc of just hanging out at camp and not talking to ANYONE and then blowing a 6-3 majority by doing the worst possible move at every opportunity. The Carla/Thoriso double boot had a terrible end result BUT Thoriso's entire boot performance is all-time. Randomly walking up to people and telling them that she is the cat with nine lives and she is NOT going home tonight but refusing to let them read her parchment )
5. Wardah (had the Jaclyn Schultz thing going on where she'd just hang out at camp and then randomly lash out at people during TC one of the few people to give us DRAMA and CONFLICT and that alone results in a top five placing. I know some people were a little soured on her in her boot episode but I couldn't stop laughing at when she was in tears begging Nico to intervene and remove Chappies during the food stealing Tribal Council )
6. Santoni (lmao I'm sure this seems low but I spent the vast majority of this season NOT being a fan so the fact that she's in green is a huge victory. Undeniably epic but I just found her to be soooooo insufferable and her hypocrisy and self-righteous behavior was hilarious but also INFURIATED me. That being said, even though she didn't change AT ALL during her time on the the show I somehow randomly turned my opinion around on her during the food stealing episode and was unironcally rooting for her I feel like I'd like her even more on rewatch but she legit infuriated me until her final two episodes and the finale so here she is. Oh, and I just need to say that her crying over the idea of having to do a swimming challenge without Chappies will never not be hysterical to me)
7. Qiean (didn't really care about her at all when people were trying to make Purple Qiean a thing but her boot episode was really great and I guess it's enough for her to be green)

8. Marisha (UTR fun? I don't know, I was just entertained by the way she talked and certain things she said and I felt like there was some star power there even in spite of her UTR edit)
9. Dino (for being such a PARANOID TRAINWRECK the edit really could've gone a lot harder on him and done more. But he was cute and fun and I think definitely had potential as a character so I like him at the end of the day)
10. Anesu (good at being a human, not good at being entertaining on Survivor. Her confessionals were occasionally witty but lbr she's just a gamebot that people were more willing to tolerate bc woman)
11. Paul (his edgic strip is iconic but even then I wish we got more from him. His boot episode performance was great though :heart)
12. Tyson (I actually kinda liked him for the first 2/3 of the season? A gamebot but I didn't think he was an awful one, and he made me laugh on a few occasions so I could see the charm. But he turned into Actually Unlikable after the food stealing **** and it just got worse and worse each episode. Sour, grumpy, bad taste in allies/friends/enemies, self-righteous, and oh my god his Instagram was soooo smug and self-congratulatory for no reason )
13. Shaun (had a really promising premiere but then it didn't go anywhere except for the one time he had an allergic reaction and the medics had to give him a shot in his ass loses points for backing Anela at FTC though)
14. Mike (points for being Carla's gay bff but probably the person with the least distinguishable personality)
15. Kiran (not bad at being a human but bad at being an entertaining character on Survivor)
16. Anela (could've been a fun joke character but the show and the fanbase attempts to treat him seriously at times and it's not cute)
17. Amy (I don't actually hate her but she was pointless and it's fun to joke about her gushing over how she couldn't wait to PLOT and SCHEME and STRATEGIZE and BACKSTAB with Renier alol thank god for tied destinies!)
18. Pinty (kind of annoying and I surely would've hated her if she lasted longer but her boot was kinda humiliating and funny so here we are)
19. Jason (honestly I didn't care much about him at all)

20. Renier (honestly not THAT bad but his edit was entirely pointless and his exit was humiliating)

Overall it was a really fun season! I never thought the lows were as bad as people made them out to be, and the highs were REALLY high. The Wardah boot in particular is an all-time Survivor episode but I thought there were a lot of other good ones as well like the Pinty boot, Paul boot, Carla/Thoriso boot, Qiean boot, Marisha boot, and Santoni boot just to name a few. Survivor SA is undeniably better than whatever US is putting out there now and I'm super sad this season is over because it was just a lot of fun to watch.

Season ranking is probably 6>2>5>8>7>1>4>3

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
africa, cast, immunity, island, june, premiere, released, south, survivor