Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-05-2018, 09:01 PM #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post

it was said in jest, though I admit I'm somewhat allergic to the subject...

let's hug it out, Kirk
No prob TS2 I was just puzzled.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 09:57 PM #177
-

-

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:32 PM #178
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:20 AM #179
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Inappropriate touching generally means things like a hand on a leg or, I believe, in this case a lower back was mentioned. It's not OK and it should be stamped out, especially where a power discrepancy exists... but it's not sexual assault... it's inappropriate touching. I have no problem with people who have - for example - had an arm put around them or a hand put on their lower back saying not to do it, that they don't like it, that it isn't OK. Respect of personal space is important. But I do have a really major problem with people who have had things like this happen, saying that they were "sexually assaulted", because it lessens the crime and makes it much harder for people who have actually been sexually assaulted - i.e. have been groped, pinned, or worse - to be taken seriously. When someone comes forward and says "I was sexually assaulted" it should be clear that a serious sexual crime has been committed. If you have to ask the question "Well, did he jam his hand down your pants, or did he put his hand on your lower back" then the waters become seriously muddied.

Again that's not to say that people shouldn't speak up and complain about being made to feel uncomfortable, because if anything, all of this MUST have made a huge difference for future generations in places like Hollywood. This behaviour basically hinges on people essentially believing that they "have unquestionable influence" and are "untouchable". I can't imagine that anyone in Hollywood feels untouchable any more, or ever will again... behaving inappropriately in any way has become "a major risk"... as it should be.

But still. Things have to be kept realistic. There has to be a difference between "I felt very uncomfortable" and "I was murdered in my soul and will be traumatised forever!!"

Encouraging people to be as dramatic as possible seems to be the trend these days and I have no idea why. It doesn't help anyone. Not the victim themselves, not other victims, and not future potential victims.
Fantastic post.

I also agree with many of marshs points on this thread and find it depressing as **** when people find a way to blame the victims no matter what. Its not their fault that he did this to other people. Saying so removes the blame from him.

I am shocked with Freeman though, but I think thats because I expect celebs to be kind of similar to the characters they portray, plus I always view Freeman as 'God'.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:22 AM #180
0_o

0_o

Also can we just not be accusing random people of being other random people. If you have a genuine reason to think it, PM admin and they will do whatever checks they can. But publicly accusing people just ends badly.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:59 AM #181
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Also can we just not be accusing random people of being other random people. If you have a genuine reason to think it, PM admin and they will do whatever checks they can. But publicly accusing people just ends badly.
Sure thing Niamh.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accused, freeman, harassment, morgan, women