Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-06-2018, 03:26 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Default Do the US left wing media love war or just hate Trump or both?

Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 03:34 PM #2

Yes just HATE

no proper debate
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 05:30 PM #3
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Jimmy Dore the conspiracy theorist - who covered the Seth Rich joke more than most conservatives - is moaning about conspiracy theories? Didn't watch it and not gonna watch it.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 06:30 PM #4
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I don’t see how an internet conspiracy theorist would help me answer that question
Old 18-06-2018, 06:54 PM #5
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Yeah, every day the administration lies and lies, and then lies some more, but you're completely correct; the left wing are known as lovers of war, whereas the right wing doves are just constantly searching for peace.
Old 18-06-2018, 08:39 PM #6
-

-

YES HATE! Good make a hate, not have peace, peace 4 pansy Troomp, HATE AND WAR.

Left Wing Media

New Anthem
Below

Feel The Force

...really though NM I think some (sensible) people are just saving the triumphant hooting and fist pumping until there's actual evidence that the NK situation is genuine and sustained. It would be a bit daft to jump the gun and declare that it's all great now
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 10:55 PM #7
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

There will always be conspiracy theories in politics as those two fields suit each other quite well. Thus, each party has their hysterical or "loud" voices. That's much of the click-bait on YT for us too.. but actually, the subject matter in this video is actually quite mild compared to the rest of the stuff... I don't know who this guy is though, but he does sound a bit like he's been in the echo-chamber too long. I think there are better voices for getting the message across he is trying to send.

He's right though. Rachel has become a bit like the MSNBC version of Sean Hannity. Though personally I see her as more of a Glenn Beck. He was always kind of the nerd type and Rachel is super nerdy. Sean Hannity sometimes is like the annoying drunkard at the bar saying random stuff to the television.. I don't get that from Rachel. I don't think she is delusional either, but she obviously is on board with the Russia conspiracy theories. A lot of people are leaning that direction because of the circumstantial evidence and how his campaign was run. (shoddily)

Anyway, I don't think it is a bad concession, that the US stop military exercises on the border if that will help to pave the way to getting them to convince NK to cease it's nuclear program. I voted twice for Obama and always thought he was capable of handling foreign negotiations. The issue for me was that his loyalties didn't stick after his elections, maybe he was big into sticking with the party line... either way, his approach ended up being more like milk toast. He didn't really have that same charisma or spark that he had during his campaign... my favorite version of Obama. The one that made that excellent speech at the DNC about how we were all united (worth listening to for anyone out there). That is why so many people (including white folk) voted for him... we believed in his image of the entire population being One Nation and continuing forward as a peace-maker.

Anyway, he had 8 years to test his methods. So it can't hurt to see if someone else can get further. We would be wasting pressure time to not take the opportunity, especially with how far they have developed their program. I don't know that he will succeed, but it's certainly progress and so much better than the stalemate of the past decade... I think it will help all our relations in general as well, because it does feel like we are more transparent than ever about our determination. I think that really matters.

My impression of our foreign policy the last two decades, we've become so dependent on strong-arming countries to do what we want, we've forgotten the art of negotiation and it's weakened our position in the world... at it's worst, we were buying concessions (basically) which kicked the can down the road, or power displays, but that didn't really achieve their ultimate goal. Maybe even made the situation worse in some cases... I think it is good that the US is learning to balance it's participation in the global space by having a firm hand but also reverting to the age old art of negotiation. Something I think our allies have mastered quite well in comparison to us. I think we are too hasty sometimes to go straight to military action to get our way and we don't put enough effort into our diplomacy to see if there is another path. I have always felt that was one of the main reasons for our declining perception with the rest of the world.

The NK situation, for better or worse, is forcing the US to become a better negotiator. We can't rush to military action in this situation... and that's a good thing for everyone involved.

Last edited by Maru; 18-06-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hate, left, love, media, trump, war, wing