Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-09-2018, 01:36 AM #76
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 08:09 AM #77
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

unfortunately, the fbi investigation is a complete sham, given the restrictions the WH has put on it.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 07:57 PM #78
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
unfortunately, the fbi investigation is a complete sham, given the restrictions the WH has put on it.
It's not really a criminal investigation though, it's just interviewing people and offering a brief... they can't subpoena... apparently, they have less ability to investigate than the Senate... I had read...

The more I read about it, asking for an FBI investigation in general seems like a sham, period. I think he should be confirmed, and they can try to impeach him, call for an actual investigation... instead of these half-steps... because the point there is just to delay... they were happy, nodding in agreement about the one-week investigation when it was asked for... and now they're unhappy and say it should be indefinite. The point is to delay, not to find the truth...

There is no statue of limitations in MD for sexual assault, which I did not know having lived there nearly a decade ... that is where my husband was raised... so she could've reported it to the police at any time and opened up an investigation... the reason they did it this way was for a political reason... little to do with actual justice...

BTW, maybe unrelated, but MD is very very blue and the culture there is progressive by default... so it's not like the local politics would've kept her from being able to file a suit/criminal case... she would've had a lot of backing there. More conservative POVs are not very welcome there... and her being a psychology professor and acting as she did not know the best way interview assault victims (i.e. what would've helped them to give a recall in a helpful manner, etc)... that's a red flag... when it was her field, psychological research... there are inconsistencies in her testimony as well, but you know... that's just how the cookie crumbles... these are not perfect human beings and anyone who is put under this much scrutiny is going to show cracks... that's anyone... so it doesn't really mean she is lying, or that he is guilty... in my view...

I think the questions about alcohol and how much he drank too were leading... that wouldn't have flown in an actual court... he didn't have a lawyer objecting to several of those questions, he represented himself... I prefer that he was upfront and said "That question is BS", than a lawyer to sit there and go like "nope..." ... both refused to answer the question(s) given when they suspected the reasoning was more politically-motivated...

The only solution is a real trial/investigation... the FBI anyway has shown to have political bias in recent years, so it's probably better for them to file a criminal case in MD... which some congress folk have I think? But again, this can happen even if he is accepted... but the paranoia/scrutiny that they have for him being angry on the stand is a bit ridiculous, considering that most of our politics, since this hearing was basically all about that...

Edit: Kept adding stuff as thoughts kept streaming in... because you know ...

Last edited by Maru; 30-09-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:02 PM #79

Default Brett Kavanaugh accused by several women of sexual assault right before elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
It's not really a criminal investigation though, it's just interviewing people and offering a brief... they can't subpoena... apparently, they have less ability to investigate than the Senate... I had read...

The more I read about it, asking for an FBI investigation in general seems like a sham, period. I think he should be confirmed, and they can try to impeach him, call for an actual investigation... instead of these half-steps... because the point there is just to delay... they were happy, nodding in agreement about the one-week investigation when it was asked for... and now they're unhappy and say it should be indefinite. The point is to delay, not to find the truth...

There is no statue of limitations in MD for sexual assault, which I did not know having lived there nearly a decade ... that is where my husband was raised... so she could've reported it to the police at any time and opened up an investigation... the reason they did it this way was for a political reason... little to do with actual justice...

BTW, maybe unrelated, but MD is very very blue and the culture there is progressive by default... so it's not like the local politics would've kept her from being able to file a suit/criminal case... she would've had a lot of backing there. More conservative POVs are not very welcome there... and her being a psychology professor and acting as she did not know the best way interview assault victims (i.e. what would've helped them to give a recall in a helpful manner, etc)... that's a red flag... when it was her field, psychological research... there are inconsistencies in her testimony as well, but you know... that's just how the cookie crumbles... these are not perfect human beings and anyone who is put under this much scrutiny is going to show cracks... that's anyone... so it doesn't really mean she is lying, or that he is guilty... in my view...

I think the questions about alcohol and how much he drank too were leading... that wouldn't have flown in an actual court... he didn't have a lawyer objecting to several of those questions, he represented himself... I prefer that he was upfront and said "That question is BS", than a lawyer to sit there and go like "nope..." ... both refused to answer the question(s) given when they suspected the reasoning was more politically-motivated...

The only solution is a real trial/investigation... the FBI anyway has shown to have political bias in recent years, so it's probably better for them to file a criminal case in MD... which some congress folk have I think? But again, this can happen even if he is accepted... but the paranoia/scrutiny that they have for him being angry on the stand is a bit ridiculous, considering that most of our politics, since this hearing was basically all about that...

Edit: Kept adding stuff as thoughts kept streaming in... because you know ...

Incidentally ... google those two 'terms' he wrote on his calendar:diary ...

He said under oath that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game yet it appears to be a sex act involving two males and one female , then he said a BOOF was a term for 'flatulence' and yet it appears to be a reference to anal sex !!

Why would he put an entry for farting on a calendar ??

All sounds very ominous ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zizu; 30-09-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:15 PM #80
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Incidentally ... google those two 'terms' he wrote on his calendar:diary ...

He said under oath that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game yet it appears to be a sex act involving two males and one female , then he said a BOOF was a term for 'flatulence' and yet it appears to be a reference to anal sex !!

Why would he put an entry for farting on a calendar ??

All sounds very ominous ..

I do believe the boof thing does mean flatulence. It actually solved a long-running mystery for me. I like to photograph while I'm on the trail and the local kids here have spray-painted boof all over the trails I walk ... anal sex would make less sense... the rest of the graffiti is equally childish/stupid... and we don't have as much of a gang presence around here like there was where I grew up, so it's interesting to compare... like in town, and they spray-tainted stuff like that all over the trains coming out of the Ship Channel... a lot of it much more vulgar...

People are citing urban dictionary for these terms, and I looked at that for that reference, but it's not like there was an urban dictionary in the 80's... there's other definitions for Devil's Triangle as well... Google isn't very good for searching much older cultural references/terms, sadly... unless there is some modern reinterpretation/resurgence of it, it's harder to find the older stuff... and so I'm reliant on memory for a lot and I can only re-research something I ran into in my childhood if I either found a person discussing it (and using a term/tag I could research to get to it in a round-about way)...

Probably in a few decades, depending on what does/doesn't stay online, it will be more helpful... but not for things like that... there's also a lot of local urban legends/phrases/references here, they almost never make their way online... I maybe find them in odd places... I grew up in a very old part of Houston, so it's sort of a side interest...
Old 30-09-2018, 09:23 PM #81
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Devils Triangle
A threesome between two men and one woman. Also a made-up drinking game by Brett Kavanaugh as a way to lie to gullible senators and try to get onto the Supreme Court.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...riangle&page=3

bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:27 PM #82
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Devils Triangle
A threesome between two men and one woman. Also a made-up drinking game by Brett Kavanaugh as a way to lie to gullible senators and try to get onto the Supreme Court.

Yeah they changed the wiki too at some point
Old 30-09-2018, 10:13 PM #83

Quote:
Devils Triangle

Look up BOOF as well as that ain't flatulence as he stated

Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 AM #84
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

There are apparently variations of boof... on urban, boofah has only this entry...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofah

Also "boofa" (no h)... only two entries...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofa

Last edited by Maru; 01-10-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:06 AM #85
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

this protest thing at the elevator has been a reason to delay the supreme court vote

was on CNN last night

some female CNN host she said ''women do make fake stories like these up all the time'' well i was like i don't think they are making these stories up but yeah it is suspicious that they reveal this now at the time of the supreme court vote where Kavanaugh was a favourite to become new supreme court Judge, and also bringing something up what happened 34 years ago

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:23 AM #86
You know my methods

You know my methods

who does that hysterical woman think she is?

unbelievable
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:16 AM #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post

this protest thing at the elevator has been a reason to delay the supreme court vote

was on CNN last night

some female CNN host she said ''women do make fake stories like these up all the time'' well i was like i don't think they are making these stories up but yeah it is suspicious that they reveal this now at the time of the supreme court vote where Kavanaugh was a favourite to become new supreme court Judge, and also bringing something up what happened 34 years ago

Yes I watched it Live
as some Channels went split screen
He should have walked out the lift
and gone back,
Standing there in front of 4 TV live cameras
made it far worse.

That Lady stopped the doors closing

No security helped him.

Last edited by arista; 01-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 AM #88
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes I watched it Live
as some Channels went split screen
He should have walked out the lift
and gone back,
Standing there in front of 4 TV live cameras
made it far worse.

That Lady stopped the doors closing

No security helped him.
also the girl standing next to the senator, she kept pushing the elevator close button, and eventually she was standing behind senator flake checking something on her mobile Phone, probably was feeling awkward with that protest lady stopping the doors from closing

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:23 AM #89

Quote:
also the girl standing next to the senator, she kept pushing the elevator close button, and eventually she was standing behind senator flake checking something on her mobile Phone, probably was feeling awkward with that protest lady stopping the doors from closing

Yes his assistants
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 AM #90

Quote:
There are apparently variations of boof... on urban, boofah has only this entry...

Soooo why would he put an entry on his calendar for a 'fart'

Surely he's more likely to make a diary note of him having 'back door sex' than if he 'farted' ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

unbelievable

A concerned woman ?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM #92

Quote:

was on CNN last night

Presumably because he's gonna be getting one of the most influential jobs in the world ??

Old 01-10-2018, 11:57 AM #93
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
A concerned woman ?

who wants to circumnavigate the law of the land and be her own judge a jury?

NO
Old 01-10-2018, 11:59 AM #94

Default Brett Kavanaugh accused by several women of sexual assault right before elections

Quote:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.u...f%26amp%3Dtrue

Boof
Another term for having sex, often suggesting anal.
I'm tryina boof tonight.

I totally wanna boof her in the boofhole.
by Brobi wan Kenobi March 08, 2014

Search boofing in the urban ..

boofing
The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip. Most often occurs at Disco Biscuits shows by spun-out kids on ketamine.
Dude I was so spun out at the Disco Biscuits show after we were boofing that ketamine!

Last edited by Zizu; 01-10-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 AM #95

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

unbelievable
An American taxpayer. Take a seat.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 AM #96
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default Hannity on the politics of the Kavanaugh confirmation battle

Great piece by Hannity on Fox

Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 AM #97
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

So... Brett Kavanagh's confirmation is all but sealed after senators backed him. This means he will be able to shape legislation in the USA for decades to come.

Good job he's not an actor, eh? His career would be OVER.

Last edited by Livia; 06-10-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:23 AM #98
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
So... Brett Kavanagh's confirmation is all but sealed after senators backed him. This means he will be able to shape legislation in the USA for decades to come.

Good job he's not an actor, eh? His career would be OVER.
He's not been found guilty though
Quote:
You understand that you're innocent until a court proves you guilty, right?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:24 AM #99
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
He's not been found guilty though
Neither has Kevin Spacey.

And I'm not suggesting Kavanagh goes to jail unless he IS found guilty... I'm suggesting he is not invited to take part in making the law.

Last edited by Livia; 06-10-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:29 AM #100
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Neither has Kevin Spacey.

And I'm not suggesting Kavanagh goes to jail unless he IS found guilty... I'm suggesting he is not invited to take part in making the law.
So when that teacher was accused of sleeping with a pupil and there's evidence of a lot of out-of-school communication, and a specific time and place they had sex, and the fact she thought of him as a friend and shared a lot of personal information, you err on the side of caution; but Ms Ford says "I think he raped me, but I don't know where or when" at a rather convenient time, you think he should he shouldn't be able to take the position?

Interesting.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accused, assault, brett, elections, kavanaugh, sexual, women