Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 06-10-2018, 12:26 AM #76

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
That's fine i understand .

But I don't expect you to have the same opinion as me , this is why this is a forum full of debates & different discussions . I'm just not falling for Cameron's "coming out" story , yes i've said i'm cynical about things but in this case i think it's justified . But we're all free to believe what we want of course .
I think we can all be cynical at times.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:28 AM #77
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
This is a really important point. Just like in real life we will all have different perceptions of people, motives and actions, and we won't all like or trust the same people. And you're so right - it is the beauty of BB.
And we don't want to lose this important element of BB, it can be hard to debate events enough without Live Feed, so I do love it when people like Cameron give us something to debate rather than nearly all of us agreeing on an event which happens a lot on BB nowadays sadly.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:30 AM #78

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
And we don't want to lose this important element of BB, it can be hard to debate events enough without Live Feed, so I do love it when people like Cameron give us something to debate rather than nearly all of us agreeing on an event which happens a lot on BB nowadays sadly.
Yes, so true. After all, debate is what we all come here for. This makes me sad that BB is coming to an end.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:32 AM #79

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Don't Worry GoldHeart I'm the biggest cynic and conspiracy theorist on the Forum.

Btw credit to Babayaro for having one of the most active threads this week.

I love it when the Forum has a heated debate.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that finds the whole thing suspicious , every time i ask why did he go on national telly to announce it if he's soo anxious about coming out? nobody can give a plausible answer .

I have 2 theories he's either gay and been out the closet for a good while his family & friends already know but he's pretending he's confused /playing up his young age while still acting like he hasn't told anyone etc .

Or he's actually straight and he's playing the gay card to gain sympathy and a big following to glide his way to the final . While possibly lacking relationship experience in general .

Either way its very calculated and it screams soap opera .
Old 06-10-2018, 12:47 AM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I'm glad i'm not the only one that finds the whole thing suspicious , every time i ask why did he go on national telly to announce it if he's soo anxious about coming out? nobody can give a plausible answer .

I have 2 theories he's either gay and been out the closet for a good while his family & friends already know but he's pretending he's confused /playing up his young age while still acting like he hasn't told anyone etc .

Or he's actually straight and he's playing the gay card to gain sympathy and a big following to glide his way to the final . While possibly lacking relationship experience in general .

Either way its very calculated and it screams soap opera .
I think he found it hard to tell his friends..ex schoolmates etc as he mentioned them in the first week which I found odd. I think doing it this way softened the blow..so to speak because he didn't know what reaction he might get.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:48 AM #81
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I wear my cynical badge with pride. Rather be a cynic than gullible.
Must be terrible to have such a negative outlook on everything
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:55 AM #82

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I think he found it hard to tell his friends..ex schoolmates etc as he mentioned them in the first week which I found odd. I think doing it this way softened the blow..so to speak because he didn't know what reaction he might get.
AGAIN makes no sense !! , he seemed more bothered & concerned about some old school mates who he probably never hangs around with . He didn't even mention his parent's . The whole thing screams FAKE ! . But maybe i'm just cynical .
Old 06-10-2018, 02:35 AM #83
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Is it just me, or is this incredibly insensitive? Like, what signs has there been to suggest that none of this has been genuine?
I suppose the fact that he was dropping hints about having something big to get off his chest since, like, Day 2 (when Lewis F asked him what kind of girls he goes for). Coupled with the facts that:

a) he's presumably a fan of the show and knows what gets fans
and b) is also a vlogger and quite aware of how to get attention on camera (although usually taking the "rant about feminism and lefties despite not having lived a day of adult life" route)

Adds up to a pretty cynical picture, really. Obviously no one on here can speak for his personal life / how "known" his sexuality was to his friends/family but even if it is a completely novel and new revelation to himself... to do that on television rather than private, and tell people who care about him first, is all kinds of opportunistic EDIT: just seen a post claiming his parents knew. Fair enough, really, but even still... the idea of coming out on TV seems tacky to me.

I don't doubt that a large portion of the cynicism about this probably stems from a deeper dislike of Cameron but as someone who hasn't really watched since before he took a nosedive in popularity, I just generally got the impression that he was a contrived and try-hard personality just from his YouTube alone. Seems only inevitable that people would or indeed should accuse him of milking the cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 06-10-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:41 AM #84
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It must be so exhausting for you all to watch BB the way you do. Constantly looking out for faults in people and finding negativity in a positive situation.
okay I can't be the only person who finds this post in particular to be ****ing hilarious right
Old 06-10-2018, 02:49 AM #85
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I suppose the fact that he was dropping hints about having something big to get off his chest since, like, Day 2 (when Lewis F asked him what kind of girls he goes for). Coupled with the facts that:

a) he's presumably a fan of the show and knows what gets fans
and b) is also a vlogger and quite aware of how to get attention on camera (although usually taking the "rant about feminism and lefties despite not having lived a day of adult life" route)

Adds up to a pretty cynical picture, really. Obviously no one on here can speak for his personal life / how "known" his sexuality was to his friends/family but even if it is a completely novel and new revelation to himself... to do that on television rather than private, and tell people who care about him first, is all kinds of opportunistic EDIT: just seen a post claiming his parents knew. Fair enough, really, but even still... the idea of coming out on TV seems tacky to me.

I don't doubt that a large portion of the cynicism about this probably stems from a deeper dislike of Cameron but as someone who hasn't really watched since before he took a nosedive in popularity, I just generally got the impression that he was a contrived and try-hard personality just from his YouTube alone. Seems only inevitable that people would or indeed should accuse him of milking the cameras.
But yeah, this is exactly it for me. I'm like a solid 8-10 days behind so you can all just disregard my posts as someone who is ~uniformed~ or whatever, but just like Shaun said he was dropping not-so-subtle hints EARLY AS HELL, like in the first week when they were all naming their most attractive boy and girl and Cameron like physically squirmed at the thought of naming an attractive girl, insisted that he doesn't have a type BUT WITHOUT HESITATION LEWIS F IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE DUDE YEAH. I don't even think anyone really has an issue with how he's coming out because lbr the vast majority of us are gays who've been there done that, but it's just more of like... who are you trying to fool sis? Am I *really* supposed to take you at face value when one day you'll have a DR analyzing everyone's gameplans and house dynamics and public voting trends and whatnot, and then the next day have some borderline teary, terribly coded DR about how you have A Secret that will have implications not only in the house but In Life?

I guess what it comes down to is that I'd be totally okay if this was a messy Craig Coates type of situation, but instead we're getting this contrived as **** "I'm going to consciously drive my own storyline that I have most likely developed entirely on my own terms before even entering the house" bull**** and like... we've already lived through Dexter Koh and Aaron and Siavash and literally SO MANY ****ING PEOPLE going all the way back to like... Ziggy or even Richard? It's just such a ****ing tired trope at this point.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:17 AM #86
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Quote:
Constantly looking out for faults in people and finding negativity in a positive situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
okay I can't be the only person who finds this post in particular to be ****ing hilarious right
Nope, that one sentence there literally defines what BBUK is all about lol, it's a show where you vote to evict people you don't like and actively look for reasons to vote someone you've never met off of an edited show you watch for an hour a day.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:20 AM #87
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I don’t think his coming out is a game plan...although the thing that he’s chosen BB as the time and place to come out I guess he could link to being a way that could be beneficial gameplay as it were....so I don’t think it’s cynical either for thoughts to be that...it’s perfectly obvious and understandable that some people would suspect that also and not fair to attach the label of cynical....imo...

...anyways, some people who are open about their sexuality, just introduce partners etc...with no declaration as such ever being involved...everyone would be different with so many individual factors involved as well ...Being on BB is a once in a lifetime experience...something of monumental importance in a person’s life...so I think he’s tried to link two things together that hold such importance and significance for him..?....I’m trying to think of some kind of analogy...maybe like when people propose to someone at a Super Bowl or something...eeeek that’s probably a bit awful, that analogy......but it feels a bit like that for me...he’s a huge BB fan and has actually been chosen to become a housemate...omg what a dream come true...so coming out in his dream situation of the BB house, would just seem to fit into place for me as being perfect for him...he knows that those close to him already know his sexuality but this is him....I’m telling the world, omg I’m telling the god damn world....awwwwww ...his way, his time, his place ...how many BB fans have actually been chosen as housemates so that this ‘perfect situation’ could happen ....

...but ya know, he can be a misery and a right royal pain of negativity at times and of course he’s very BB gameplay aware also...so I think cynical is completely understandable as well when he’s not always made himself very public popular...when I think about it, I think he probably intended to reveal earlier on...but the ‘right time’ was always possibly spoilt by some tantrum or drama or fallout or cauliflower or chicken or whatever...and ‘the right time’ would be such an important thing as well for him...that’s why in the Super Bowl proposals, they’re not right in the middle of the game while all eyes and highlights are on something else...

...he can still make himself quite unlikeable at times though..I have no idea why he would hero worship someone like Lewis but he seems to...and that creates such a negativity in him, almost like Lewis is contagious...don’t get too close to him otherwise you’ll catch the negativity disease with whinging and bitching complications adding to the illness...so I’m not sure whether he would be a great winner atm...he also wouldn’t be a bad one though...but for last night and him doing what he so wanted to do...Cameron.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:37 AM #88
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I like Cameron but if I were a friend of his I would be a bit pissed he didnt confide in me, but chose to out himself on TV after dropping great clangers of hints since day 1, he is gameplaying and I have no issue with that at all.

Daniel X in this thread

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 AM #89
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’m guessing and it is only a guess that could be completely wrong...that his family and close friends do know...but that he may not have actually said the words as such or even acknowledged anything they may have asked, type thing...and that they all know what he wanted to do in the house and completely understand and wouldn’t feel anything other than supportiveness...
Old 06-10-2018, 06:52 AM #90
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

BB is a game show, and Cameron has brought that narrative into the game show, so by definition he is using it as part of his game plan. I don't know how people can see it any other way

If it's a total lie then that could bring some negativity, sure, but I dont believe anyone cares that much. The majority of male hm's in the show are gay, so its not exactly a USP
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:06 AM #91
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...maybe being chosen for BB has been connected to him choosing a ‘public coming out’ to everyone who knows him, not just those he’s closer to...which he might not have intended to do in his outside life...so it has been a deciding factor...with forethought, yes...but calculated gameplay...not necessarily...anyway, hopefully he’s feeling all kinds of happy in himself now and I’m so happy for him.....
Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 AM #92

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Maybe Cameron thought that when he was in the house and on national tv, that he wouldn't be able to hide the fact that he was gay. Maybe he thinks he looks and acts gay, whatever that is!

So he felt like he had to come clean, but he still can't say the word gay, not even whilst coming out so that could be why he always skirted round the issue.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 AM #93

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Small town boy moves to London to explore and reveal his sexuality. This has been going on since the 50s so I'm not sure why it's such a surprise Cameron did the same.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:48 AM #94
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
How?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:50 AM #95
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Nope, that one sentence there literally defines what BBUK is all about lol, it's a show where you vote to evict people you don't like and actively look for reasons to vote someone you've never met off of an edited show you watch for an hour a day.
Speak for yourself lol
Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 AM #96
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

And that was aimed at most of the people posting in this thread, who are a constant source of negativity on here.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:57 AM #97
mizzy25

mizzy25

I don't actually care if it is a gamplan, its made for great tv imo
mizzy25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:04 AM #98

It reminds me a lot of my own experience of coming out when I moved to university tbh. I wasn't out at home but I knew people at uni would be very accepting and I wanted to start living my life, so to speak. However, I was very scared of saying the actual words and being fully open about it because I had this paranoia that it would somehow spread to my friends back home if I was open about it. So I would try and make it obvious while never actually saying the words, 'I'm gay'
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:21 AM #99

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream View Post
It reminds me a lot of my own experience of coming out when I moved to university tbh. I wasn't out at home but I knew people at uni would be very accepting and I wanted to start living my life, so to speak. However, I was very scared of saying the actual words and being fully open about it because I had this paranoia that it would somehow spread to my friends back home if I was open about it. So I would try and make it obvious while never actually saying the words, 'I'm gay'
This is totally understandable, as is Cameron's decision. I think it must be about discovering the right environment where you feel free enough to be yourself around people you know will accept you for who you are. For you it was Uni and for Cameron it was the BB house.

I think it's great you've shared your story, and would hope it will enable people to be more understanding, and to see Cameron's decision from another perspective.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:00 AM #100
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
And that was aimed at most of the people posting in this thread, who are a constant source of negativity on here.
it would be nice if people talked about the housemates rather than about forum members
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cameron, coming, gameplan, people