Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 16-10-2018, 11:32 PM #1

Lightbulb Popularity depends on editing

I’m wondering whether people feel, as I do, that we only see people fully due to editing. I see Brooke, Sian and other people laughing and they cut to who ever is the latest in an argument. So basically recently- Lewis, Cameron, Akeem, Hussain plus any additions involved with them. The others then get seen as boring. Isn’t it just because they are edited out?
I mean let’s face it, would you find any time spent with someone who whines as much as Cameron interesting? His coming out was touching, but everything since had just been a moan fest which I’d have walked away from.
Zoe has to be the most 2 faced person in there, yet she seems to get away with it!
Just don’t get how Sian, Brooke, Kennerley, when she was in, weren’t seen as entertaining other than the fact the cameras never showed them!

Last edited by Sassle; 16-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Sassle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:34 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Yeah this is kinda accepted now. Without live feed they have total control over the narrative and the perception of diff housemates. Many ex housemates have come out and complained about this, especially in the c5 era, that vital parts of arguments were left out and it painted them in bad light
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:34 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):

That's based on the assumption that BB would edit out entertaining bits.
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:35 PM #4

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Anyone having fun and actually enjoying their time this series has been completely edited out all they want to show is doom and gloom for some reason.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:38 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Anyone having fun and actually enjoying their time this series has been completely edited out all they want to show is doom and gloom for some reason.
And when Lewis wins he'll be the most unstable miserable arsehole !.

I might as well put a bet on Lewis, seen as it's rigged for the freak to win !! .
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:39 PM #6

Yes that’s what I thought. Thanks! It seems it’s only interesting if it’s a game plan or arguing! I’ve been sat watching and thinking the exact moment someone not involved in arguments or game plans speaks, the coverage switches. I guess they haven’t learned even though it’s the last one, series one was just as it was and not the editors choice. I’ll still be sad to see it end though!
Old 16-10-2018, 11:43 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassle View Post
Yes that’s what I thought. Thanks! It seems it’s only interesting if it’s a game plan or arguing! I’ve been sat watching and thinking the exact moment someone not involved in arguments or game plans speaks, the coverage switches. I guess they haven’t learned even though it’s the last one, series one was just as it was and not the editors choice. I’ll still be sad to see it end though!
They did make gameplay the theme of this series and claim to have picked extra-competitive housemates so that's no surprise.
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:47 PM #8

Yes and I think the gameplay is great. Really enjoyed the extra games etc. Love tomas(sp) just don’t like the fact they wipe out a whole section of the house most of the time who aren’t moaning or creating arguments. Just edit it proportionately. Moaning and shouting doesn’t make it more entertaining necessarily.

Last edited by Sassle; 16-10-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 17-10-2018, 12:14 AM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
I’m wondering whether people feel, as I do, that we only see people fully due to editing. I see Brooke, Sian and other people laughing and they cut to who ever is the latest in an argument. So basically recently- Lewis, Cameron, Akeem, Hussain plus any additions involved with them. The others then get seen as boring. Isn’t it just because they are edited out?
I mean let’s face it, would you find any time spent with someone who whines as much as Cameron interesting? His coming out was touching, but everything since had just been a moan fest which I’d have walked away from.
Zoe has to be the most 2 faced person in there, yet she seems to get away with it!
Just don’t get how Sian, Brooke, Kennerley, when she was in, weren’t seen as entertaining other than the fact the cameras never showed them!
You are right about the editing. It must be so difficult to condense a day of filming so many different people into 45 minutes. However, it's almost as if it's a soap, in that they do seem to choose their storylines and main characters and focus on them, leaving the others to become extras, who only become relevant in terms of their interactions with the main players.

I guess they have to do this to some degree and they have to edit out anything or anyone who seems less interesting or entertaining. That probably means that anyone who is pretty normal and nice becomes a victim of editing. I am always surprised by what we see in evictee's highlights which was not shown in the main show, and which presents a completely different impression of them.

Kenaley seemed like a lovely person, but editing meant we saw so little of her that we were unable to get to know her, and hence she did not gain the support she might have.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:18 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

This is brand new information!
Old 17-10-2018, 12:36 AM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Nikita Kuzmin
BB2023: Jordan

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Nikita Kuzmin
BB2023: Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
This is brand new information!

I heard that in Phoebes voice lol
rph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:40 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rph View Post
I heard that in Phoebes voice lol
Haha yeah I heard the voice in my head when I typed it.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:35 AM #13
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Rule #1: Never Be #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
And when Lewis wins he'll be the most unstable miserable arsehole !.

I might as well put a bet on Lewis, seen as it's rigged for the freak to win !! .
I personally wouldn't advise that. It's best to try and pick up on these rotten fixes before they become crystal clear..and the value gets decimated. If anything, these are the times you want to be considering laying.

He was matched as high as 44 at the beginning..and he's now been matched at a lowest price of 1.79

The traditional bookies now have him as low as they ever have(hovering just above even money)...but don't forget those bastards love nothing more than to soak up plenty of cash on these seemingly "certain" outcomes - where any value has long since been squeezed.

Whether the general price crash(and the skinny odds that he's currently being matched at) is justified from a clinical perspective is imo doubtful. What is unquestionable is how shallow of a world we live in. Imagine this douchebag displaying the exact same arrogant, fake, 2-faced, aggressive(with girls only, mind..) scumbag behaviours as he's done throughout..but with the face of the elephant man ? How much of his disgusting behaviour would be ignored or excused away as it is now??(because of his "good looks") PATHETIC. The sooner we're wiped out like the dinosaurs.. the better.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:48 AM #14

18 years and you just discovered the show is edited. Wow.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 04:59 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
...it’s not really so much of a reality show as a storyline show..it could only really be reality with live feed, which it doesn’t have anymore...some housemates don’t get much of an edit at all, as you say...but then, those who do get a huge edit...like Lewis and Cameron for instance..?...don’t necessarily get a favoured edit...they may be a lot more balanced in ‘fun times’ than they’re shown to be but they’ve been cast into specific characters..?....Lewis the moaning, whinging, paranoid one...Cameron the surly teenager..?...I think that in accepting we only get shown a snippet and some housemates get barely any time in that snippet..?...we also have to accept the possible lack of accuracy and balance with those who are shown with more consistency...

...I don’t think the housemates we see are in many cases, the same as the housemates they see in each other...or reflective of the people they are...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 05:01 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...what would be worse for a housemate...not being edited at all..or being edited to be ‘hated’.....hmmmmmm...?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
depends, editing, popularity