Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Wrestling Talk about wrestling here

Old 16-11-2007, 12:22 PM #1

Default TNA - Wrestling

Anyone watch Genesis? There was a good ladder match on with Christian Cage.

Apparently there's a really good match on the new Impact. World champion V the winner of the ladder match from Genesis.
DreadPirate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 04:58 PM #2
ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

ylvis♥

Favourites:

Did Booker go there? I heard some rumours about it, but I don't watch TNA really.
Sarah. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:02 PM #3
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):

Yeah booker went there, Sharmell did aswell, I saw Genesis and i think TNA are stepping up there game though they need to reduce Kurt Angles tv time, its just getting annoying how much tv time hes getting, Sting should still be TNA Champ.

Oooohhhh-

Yesterday morning TNA World Champion Kurt Angle was taped for HD-Net's Inside MMA TV show. Angle talked a lot about pro wrestling but also included this week's MMA news. He also commented on his potential career change from pro wrestling to MMA. You can catch to show tonight on HD-Net.

Source:Wrestlezone
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:07 PM #4
ylvis♥

Favourites:

ylvis♥

Favourites:

Cooool, I think it will be better for Booker over at TNA.

The only ep I saw, well all I remember was Kurt Angle and his air time, he was crying over something, and someone was waiting for him or something. I dunno lol.
Sarah. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:10 PM #5
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):

Yeah i agree, it would be better for Booker because of the relaxed schedule, another thing that annoys me about TNA is Awesome Kong, she shouldn't really be in the women's division, i watched her match with christy hemme and she bust her nose.
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:56 PM #6

Yeah Booker was at Genesis, he got a great reception from the fans, but the match turned out pretty boring.

Ruth, I don't know what youre on about "Sting should be champion", he's OK but nowhere near as good as King Kurt Angle. Angle rules.
Old 17-11-2007, 05:28 PM #7

So another one to add to TNA's WWE Recycle bin. TNA two or three years ago were a great up and coming promotion, they had a great roster with a lot of new guys been given decent pushes and some brilliant wrestling matches. The past year or so it's gone right down, really corny angles, old WWE guys acting all bitter and taking up too much TV time and not pushing the younger talent. No wonder Joe hasn't resigned his contract and I'd love for him to come to the WWE. TNA is becoming like WCW in my opinion, except TNA is no where near on the level of success that WCW reached.
Redmond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 02:36 PM #8

What on earth are Kevin Nash and Scott Hall doing back wrestling, both of these guys are far too past there primes to make anything other than a botch up of things.Nash is injury prone and Hall is an out of shape alcoholic! They were a great team but that's so long ago now.

I've not seen too much of TNA lately but have done my best to catch up on it over the past week, it's becoming very much like WCW circa 2000.There seems to be so many strange angels and daft gimmicks with too many people signed, they seem to sign someone who's been a star in the past, every month.There's still some talented younger guys around though and interesting matches but they overuse the different gimmick matches.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 02:48 PM #9

On the surface of it Dan, TNA has been pretty poor this year, but things are now about to pick up, by the looks of things. Theyve got some good veterans and some decent up and comers, all they need to do is cut down on the WCW2000 Russo storylines and they could be a really good show.

The last Impact was better than anything Raw have put on in a long time (probably since the draft or when they came to England).
Old 18-11-2007, 03:30 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by DreadPirate
On the surface of it Dan, TNA has been pretty poor this year, but things are now about to pick up, by the looks of things. Theyve got some good veterans and some decent up and comers, all they need to do is cut down on the WCW2000 Russo storylines and they could be a really good show.

The last Impact was better than anything Raw have put on in a long time (probably since the draft or when they came to England).
It was pretty good episode of Impact last time out, actually did surprise me as I've not seen too many in a while.Booker T coming in is a very good signing and the crowd really reacted well to him.

Sabu and RVD are meant to be coming in soon and all, they'll make it all the more interesting.

I agree about Russo.To me , he really is a hindrance, the bloke's always trying to do something controversial but a lot of it just ends up being ridiculous.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 04:50 PM #11

Russo was good back in the Attitude era and I don't think Russo is solely to blame for TNA's current product.

Oh and I don't think RVD will go to TNA, I reckon when he's ready to return he'll come back to the WWE just like Jericho as he left on good terms and is still mentioned on WWE programming.
Old 18-11-2007, 05:22 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Redmond
Russo was good back in the Attitude era
I think Russo gets far too much credit for the success of the Attitude era. WWE had some of the greatest wrestling talents of all time during those years (Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H plus alot more) there was no way they could easily go wrong. If anything, the Russo storylines and all that GTV stuff kind of put me off, and even if it did bring in more viewers, it was only because of the star quality of the wrestlers on the roster.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_
Quote:
Originally posted by DreadPirate

It was pretty good episode of Impact last time out, actually did surprise me as I've not seen too many in a while.Booker T coming in is a very good signing and the crowd really reacted well to him.

Sabu and RVD are meant to be coming in soon and all, they'll make it all the more interesting.

I agree about Russo.To me , he really is a hindrance, the bloke's always trying to do something controversial but a lot of it just ends up being ridiculous.
Booker's entrance was great, the fans loved him. How can they go wrong with that? Well, knowing TNA they could find a way, but it'd be criminal if they ruined it.

Sabu and RVD would be just another plus for them, RVD in particular. I agree with Redmond about RVD going back to WWE eventually, but if he did end up going to TNA, that'd be a hell of a deal. Alot of people love RVD, so he'd definitely get the ratings up, especially if the shows keep getting better as a whole.
Old 18-11-2007, 05:56 PM #13

Agreed WWE had lots of talent during the Attitude era and also if anyone should be credited with creating the whole 'attitude' thing it should really be Paul Heyman and ECW who were doing that sort of stuff long before the WWE started.

I'm going to buy the Death of WCW book soon, it's meant to be a good read. I want to see what really was the reason of their demise, who was more at fault etc. The company had such great talent wasting away on the lower and mid-card, it had a huge fanbase and lots of veterans, on the surface it was a company that looked like it couldn't fail but some how it did.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
tna, wrestling