Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Strictly Come Dancing Discuss the BBC's dancing show here.

Old 21-11-2018, 07:42 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default Back AJ, says Strictly star's dad to cheshire voting public

AJ Pritchard, a former pupil at Brine Leas high school in Nantwich, overcame placing bottom of the leaderboard with his partner Lauren Steadman to survive another week of the competition

Strictly Come Dancing fans in Cheshire are being urged to get behind a local professional and his partner after they were saved by a public vote this weekend.

As they continue to chase the elusive Glitterball Trophy, professional dancer AJ Pritchard, who was educated at Brine Leas School in Nantwich, has been kept in the competition for another week along with his partner - Paralympic athlete Lauren Steadman - despite coming bottom of the leaderboard on Saturday night.

They came last in this week's competition at the prestigious Tower Ballroom in Blackpool but thanks to the public vote they were kept in the competition.

And AJ's father Adrian Pritchard, who runs Pritchard’s Dance and Fitness in Burleydam with his wife Debi, told CheshireLive that the support from the public has meant the world to both AJ and Lauren.

Speaking of the public support which saved Lauren and AJ at the weekend, Adrian said: "That's absolutely terrific. The general public like what they see and they appreciate what she (Lauren) is trying to do under very difficult circumstances, and AJ has honestly got so much credit for her because she is getting on with the job."

Triple paralympian and world champion athlete Lauren was born missing her lower right arm, but Adrian said that her attitude towards the competition in spite of that difficulty has been inspiring and something that both he and AJ give her "so much credit for".

He added: "They are working very hard and I give so much credit to Lauren. She doesn't complain, she gets on with the job.

"There are certain steps that he (AJ) would normally do and in Lauren's case, in some cases she cannot do, so AJ has had to change the choreography and holds and adapted to Lauren.

"Going on that I have got to give this girl so much credit, and I think AJ feels the same - she doesn't complain, doesn't moan about it and just gets on."

The support from the public, Adrian added, therefore means so much to both of them as it reflects the hard work that both AJ and Lauren are putting in, and he added his hope that people will continue to support them throughout the competition.

"They cannot thank the public enough for the support, to give her another chance to see what she can do," he added.

"I think you can see that when they are performing, and the respect they have for each other, and that's great. I think it shows how grateful they are of the public, and Lauren is just training to do the best that she can."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...mpression=true

we love a supporting family, and AJ's dad has visited them at training a few times, he also has good connections within the ballroom world, his mum Debi is a yoga instructor, and his brother Curtis is a dancer at DWTS Ireland

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 08:23 AM #2
You know my methods

You know my methods

what is the alternative

Aj's dad does not support him?

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 08:28 AM #3

No ta x
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 08:31 AM #4
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
what is the alternative

Aj's dad does not support him?

no, but his dad has good connections in the ballroom dance world, so AJ Always has lots of pressure on him from his family

the Pritchards are highly respected in the dance world, even more than the cliftons

so yes his dad is proud of him for more now going for basic dance techniques

Old 21-11-2018, 08:42 AM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

It is a really heartwarming article and message.

The way A J has planned the routines and Lauren's efforts show little if anything, of any special adaptations to said routines.

I have said a couple of years now, A J plans and presents the best and most challenging routines, getting next to no credit from the judges, particularly Darcey Bussell, who I suspect even more has a low opinion of or respect for A J, moreso than against his series partner/s.

Only thing I will say, sometimes A J includes too many lifts.
His lifts are usually well planned and entertaining, however too many in a routine can pull up the fluidity of the routine.

I hope the public keep voting for them, they have done great to be there in the last 7.
However one thing is sure the moment they are in the dance off,if they were, no matter who they are up against, they will be out, via Darcey first and foremost, then Craig and Shirley too.

Darcey is for me now an awful judge, too biased and false, Craig's pantomime villain act is way too monotonous now, Shirley is an awful replacement for Len Goodman.
Bruno sadly now is getting worse with his over the top demonstrative behaviour.

Great show ruined by the judges.
Remove all their voting paddles for me and now just leave all to the public.
No dance off, which is done Saturday night anyway but presented as being done Sunday.

Let the judges comment but not try to influence by any voting.
Or being able to save their favourites often week after week the same one, who the public put in the dance off.

Anyway, good luck to Lauren and A J this week again.

Last edited by joeysteele; 21-11-2018 at 08:44 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 08:55 AM #6
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
It is a really heartwarming article and message.

The way A J has planned the routines and Lauren's efforts show little if anything, of any special adaptations to said routines.

I have said a couple of years now, A J plans and presents the best and most challenging routines, getting next to no credit from the judges, particularly Darcey Bussell, who I suspect even more has a low opinion of or respect for A J, moreso than against his series partner/s.

Only thing I will say, sometimes A J includes too many lifts.
His lifts are usually well planned and entertaining, however too many in a routine can pull up the fluidity of the routine.

I hope the public keep voting for them, they have done great to be there in the last 7.
However one thing is sure the moment they are in the dance off,if they were, no matter who they are up against, they will be out, via Darcey first and foremost, then Craig and Shirley too.

Darcey is for me now an awful judge, too biased and false, Craig's pantomime villain act is way too monotonous now, Shirley is an awful replacement for Len Goodman.
Bruno sadly now is getting worse with his over the top demonstrative behaviour.

Great show ruined by the judges.
Remove all their voting paddles for me and now just leave all to the public.
No dance off, which is done Saturday night anyway but presented as being done Sunday.

Let the judges comment but not try to influence by any voting.
Or being able to save their favourites often week after week the same one, who the public put in the dance off.

Anyway, good luck to Lauren and A J this week again.
well said, unnecessary hate from judges towards AJ since he does everything right in terms of basic dance content, no more illegal lifts where he did get penalised for in his first year, and he truly loves strictly, which explains him having his own tour in March, so he can also do the strictly live tour which is in january

but yes good luck to Lauren & AJ

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aj, back, cheshire, dad, public, star, strictly, voting