Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 16-02-2005, 07:58 AM #1

Default Big Brother auditions begin in Dublin

Hundreds of fame seekers will attempt to gain access to the UK's Big Brother House today when auditions for the new series are held in Dublin.

Producers will be scouring queues at the Royal Dublin Society for someone who stands out and could light up the sixth series of the reality TV show.

Irish hopefuls will be looking to follow in the footsteps of Kildare man Brian Dowling who won the second series of the show or former novice nun Anna Nolan, who now has a successful television career in Ireland after finishing second in the first series.

The Dublin audition is one of seven open interviews being held across Britain and Ireland in advance of the new series, which will hit screens this summer.

Applicants, who must be over 18, have not been requested to send in an application form or a video – just to turn up at an audition and show Big Brother why they should be chosen to take part.

Those who make it through the door will be asked to enter a diary room and sell themselves to Big Brother for one full minute.

Big Brother has already visited Edinburgh and Newcastle and will be travelling on to Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham and London over the next month following the stop at Dublin.

Auditions will be held in Manchester on February 19, Cardiff on February 23, Birmingham on February 26 and London on March 5 and 6.

Article Breaking News
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 08:18 AM #2

BB wannabes plead for five weeks of fame

Pink cowboy suits, bottomless trousers and ballroom dresses were in fashion today as hundreds of Irish people made their play for the Big Brother house.

Fame seekers turned out – the young and the not-so-young – to try sell themselves in a one-minute camera stunt for this season’s Channel 4 reality television show.

Grandmother Janet Jervis, from Waterford, was one of the first in the queue at Dublin’s Royal Dublin Society after braving the chilly weather since midnight.

Janet, aged 53, who was dressed in red and holding heart shaped balloons, failed to make it through. She said: “I was looking for the love of my life.”

Sharon Powers, executive producer of Big Brother series six for Endemol production company, said they were looking for people who stood out from the crowd.

The producer estimated that several hundred people had turned out by early morning, however, she vowed the team would see every last person who turned up.

The Dublin audition is one of seven open interviews being held across Britain and Ireland in advance of the new series, which will hit screens this summer.

Applicants, who were over 18-years-old, had to show Big Brother exactly why they should be picked to take part.

Those who made it through the door were then asked to enter the diary room and sell themselves to Big Brother for one full minute. The hopefuls were then informed if they had made it through to the next round.

Dublin zoo-keeper Brendan Walsh from Marino in the city thought he could handle anything thrown at him. The 26-year-old joked: “Being in the Big Brother house would be a bit similar to being in the zoo except this time I’d be at the other side of the bars.”

Clodagh Murray from Dublin’s Beaumont turned out for a dare in a black bikini with two bright pink cut-outs of the letter ’B’ attached.

The 26-year-old, who had also donned a coat to bear the cold wind, said: “I just thought I would wear it because they said to stand out but be warm. So I did both.”

However, Clodagh, who works in a Dublin bank, said: “Ten weeks off work who wouldn’t want to. I’d love it, absolutely love it. I think I could be an Irish Jade.”

She joked: “With a few drinks in me I’d do anything.”

Another feeling the chill was bottomless trouser wearing, Neil O’Flynn. The 21-year-old, who is the vice president of the Student’s Union in Dundalk IT, said: “I’m mad for the laugh, I’d do anything.”

Article Breaking News
Old 17-02-2005, 12:15 PM #3

I went up to see what I could find!Cos me and my mates were going to Dublin anyway...so that was quite fun!

I would have auditioned but obviously Im too young for them yet!

I saw the guy with the ass-less pants...wierdo

Anna was there interviewing them all but I didnt get to chat to her but I said hello while walking past,shame I didnt have me camera!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 02:08 PM #4

Sounds like it was good lance
Old 17-02-2005, 11:28 PM #5

Ya we didnt see much cos we were shoppin for most of it!But it was good getting a glimpse of Anna...shes always on TV over here....everyday she is on!

Cant get enough of her though!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
auditions, begin, big brother, dublin