Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:31 PM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Could they have actually not been built by Egyptians at all,but inherited from a long lost Ancient civilisation thousands of years earlier?
Civilisation was reset during the iceage but remnants of technology still remained and restarted the modern civilisation?

So many questions.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:36 PM #27
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

I think there will have been civilisation resets, but I don't think they provided any huge advances. The reason being that it takes multiple advances in completely unrelated fields before real progress is made. Thats also the reason that an alien artifact or one sent through time would make little to no difference.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:52 PM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The Great Sphinx of Egypt (at Giza)

Many people know me best for my work on the Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt. The Great Sphinx sits near the Great Pyramid on the western bank of the Nile, outside of modern Cairo. According to standard Egyptological thinking, the Great Sphinx was carved from the limestone bedrock on the orders of the Old Kingdom Pharaoh Khafre around 2500 BCE.

In 1990 I first traveled to Egypt with John Anthony West (for background information see Forgotten Civilization and Origins of the Sphinx), with the sole purpose of examining the Great Sphinx from a geological perspective. I assumed that the Egyptologists were correct in their dating, but soon I discovered that the geological evidence was not compatible with what the Egyptologists were saying. On the body of the Sphinx, and on the walls of the Sphinx Enclosure (the pit or hollow remaining after the Sphinx’s body was carved from the bedrock), I found heavy erosional features that I concluded could only have been caused by rainfall and water runoff. The thing is, the Sphinx sits on the edge of the Sahara Desert and the region has been quite arid for the last 5000 years. Furthermore, various structures securely dated to the Old Kingdom show only erosion that was caused by wind and sand (very distinct from the water erosion). To make a long story short, I came to the conclusion that the oldest portions of the Great Sphinx, what I refer to as the core-body, must date back to an earlier period (at least 5000 BCE, and my latest research now points to the end of the last ice age, circa 10,000 BCE), a time when the climate was very different and included more rain.

Many people have said to me that the Great Sphinx cannot be so old, in part because the head is evidently a dynastic Egyptian head and the dynastic period did not start until about 3000 BCE. In fact, if you look at the current Great Sphinx you may notice that the head is actually too small for the body. It is clear to me that the current head is not the original head. The original head would have become severely weathered and eroded. It was later re-carved, during dynastic times, and in the re-carving it naturally became smaller. Thus, the head of the Great Sphinx is not the original head. In fact, the Sphinx may not have originally been a sphinx at all. Perhaps it was a lion – actually the latest evidence suggests it was originally a lioness.

https://www.robertschoch.com/sphinx.html
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:09 PM #29
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post

Stone is way too heavy for space flight.

Maybe they were actually energy harnessing power stations to power the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
everyone knows they are goa'uld ships

the pyramids in Stargate are not actual ships themselves, they're sort of landing pads for the pyramid-shaped ships, which land over the top of them. E.g. The pyramid on Abydos in the movie is there before Ra's ship arrives (and after it leaves).

Yes I'm a massive Stargate SG-1 nerd
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advancement, extra, human, responsible, technology, terrestrial