Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 AM #76

Quote:
Originally posted by dupin

Actually, it's a huge rule of Islam that you CANNOT draw Mohammed or Allah, as they don't have an image, as such. To do so, especially in the way it was done, is incredibly disrespectful to the Islam faith. I don't think it was an overreaction as such, because you have to remember that for devout Muslims, Islam is their life, it's more important than anything else.
Historically there are many Moslem artists who would disagree.

this is a very recent phenomenon. Mohammed has been portrayed numerous times througout the centuries without hide nor hair of a demonstration calling for someone to be murdered.

But now it suits the purpose of some, to do this, and even the "moderate" Moslems are guilty of aiding and abetting this kind of behaviour by making excuses for it.

If Islam is a strong religion, the religion of peace and understanding - "the teddy bear incident" would not have happened.

What we have is a "religion" attacking others on two fronts. One front being the murderous terrorist angle, whereby the world must become Islam of face the knife - and we have the second front . The one that decrys terrorism and murder in all its forms, yet caveats those comments by claiming "we" have to be more sensitive.

Religion is nothing more than a system of control with todays islam attempting to emulate the murderous fear mongering of the christian church of 500 years ago.

The inquisitions and then later, the witchfinders, on one hand, and some Bishops quietly decrying the inhumanity of it all on the other. Very similar parallels to the islam of today

Well as an atheist I despise all religions equally.

Though compare the two,

ask a christian what he thinks about Jesus Christ being a homosexual - walking round the desert with 12 blokes, sealing deals with kisses with other men.....

Then ask a Moslem how old Mohammeds third wife was, firstly when they were betrothed, then when the marriage was consumated.

the second is a legitimate question based on islamic history, though obviously in this context designed to provoke a response, the first is a "theory" purely designed to bait a christian and provoke a response

Which do you think would provoke the most reaction, and why ?

[I have actually done it in the real world, at a conference about inner city problems and exclusionism]
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 AM #77

I Just think its wrong all this - its a teddy and name - its like our kids calling there teddys richard or henry it makes me sick what they have done to that poor women, Who went to their country to help!!!!!!
natjake2504 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:49 AM #78

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
I think its ridiculous the whole thing, its like someone from their country coming over here doing exactly the same thing but naming a teddy bear winston(Or any iconic figure of the U.K) But yet, we wouldn't punish them or even jail them
And who are we to dictate that our way of life is more 'right' than theirs? It's nothing like your analogy, not at all - we live by different rules and norms as do they - we are NOT in the right position to say that our way of life is more justified.

Hitler might have have tried that logic to justify his extreme insanity. Sorry your logic does not hold any water....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 AM #79

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
Oh I love your optimistic outlook on life Sticks

Sadly he could be right.....Madness is madness and there is an abundance of it from religious extremism across the globe...
Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 AM #80

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
I cant believe how many of us are saying ''Well thats their law''. Are people not going to question the law? No wonder the law walks all over them in such places.

I could not agree more. People accept insane cultures as a right which is like saying Hitlers culture should have been accepted.

Insanity is insanity and should be stated for what it is and not appeased with statements like "Well it's their way" same as saying OK commit human rights crimes and we will love you for it....
Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 AM #81

"Because I think our way of life is definately better."

Over there she was imprisoned for breaking a law. As opposed to here where you can be imprisoned for 28 days (twice as long as her sentence) without breaking a single law and there being no evidence against you what so ever.

Yes, our way is so much better.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, prison, teddy, woman