Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 15-06-2019, 05:28 PM #1
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

Default Opinions on Anthony (BB6)

So this one got me thinking when Kate made the ‘is Pete the worst winner’ thread. What is people’s opinions on Anthony as a BB winner and as a housemate in general. I for the most part liked him, although there are some things that confused me about him.

IMO to begin with Anthony wasn’t a stand out character. He was just sort of in the background the first two weeks and wasn’t really someone I was rooting for.

When we get to week 3 we do start to see a bit more to him, doing the pranks, flirting with Makosi and his alliance with Maxwell & Saskia (and then eventually Craig). By the time we get to week 7 he pretty much only has Craig (and to some extent Makosi) left which is when he really started to stand out a bit.

Anthony always seemed quite reasonable and didn’t really go out of his way to cause conflict but I would definitely say he was pushed to his limits in that house. His and Craig’s arguments were hilarious for the most part and I was always on Anthony’s side; for me it didn’t appear he was actually doing anything wrong.

But, was he a deserving winner? I’m not so sure I mean he put up with a lot in that house but I definitely think Derek, Science even Kemal should’ve won instead. They brought a lot more to the series and were important throughout the whole time they were in there, where as Anthony came into his stride much later.

When it came down to Anthony vs Eugene, Anthony would definitely enjoy the title as BB winner more and out of the housemates left it was no surprise he won but then again he did begin to irritate me when he kept mentioning that Eugene should've bumped the money up to £200k. Did he not understand that Eugene was unaware of it?

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:58 PM #2
A great thief

A great thief

I really liked him actually
Old 15-06-2019, 06:01 PM #3
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

I’m not a fan but I don’t dislike him either

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 06:04 PM #4
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
I’m not a fan but I don’t dislike him either
Pretty much this.

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 06:19 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Awful winner and housemate, the least deserving of everyone who made it over half-way, a terrible way to end the best series, he was bland, inarticulate, aggressive and charmless.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 06:25 PM #6

I don't like him. He tried way too hard to be funny, he had a recurring habit of objectifying women, particularly Makosi and Orlaith (he also said a pathetic insult to Science of something the lines of "Ya snapped cause I didn't get you a cup! Like a ****ing... woman!"), he thought Maxwell and Saskia were good people and was still guilty like them of hounding others and being greedy in the first few weeks, he called Derek malteaser head during an argument, and there was the weird **** with Eugene that the OP mentioned, which is also an example of his unbelievably stupidity. And I know many like to bring up how he won based on his amazing storylines with Makosi and Craig, but c'mon that was all them. I didn't even sympathise with him in either case because a) he already admitted to planning to use Makosi for camera time and fame so she was only turning the tables on him which he deserved for using her and b) there were so many times he joined Maxwell in haranguing and ganging up on Craig before Craig started doing the same to him so I had no sympathy there either. And while there were many moments I hated him, the way he found Craig looking like Myra Hindley funny to the point he was laughing out loud was pretty disturbing.

Overall not as annoying for me as Maxwell or Eugene, bit still a poor housemate and winner, and while I appreciate his win as a closing point for the effect Makosi AND Craig can have on someone, the person who achieved it has very little for me to care about
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 07:23 PM #7
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

He was okay.
However I doubt he'd have won had Craig not been in there with him.

Their relationship was like a sitcom, really funny at times.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 07:26 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
He was okay.
However I doubt he'd have won had Craig not been in there with him.

Their relationship was like a sitcom, really funny at times.
Exactly!
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:05 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
So this one got me thinking when Kate made the ‘is Pete the worst winner’ thread. What is people’s opinions on Anthony as a BB winner and as a housemate in general. I for the most part liked him, although there are some things that confused me about him.

IMO to begin with Anthony wasn’t a stand out character. He was just sort of in the background the first two weeks and wasn’t really someone I was rooting for.

When we get to week 3 we do start to see a bit more to him, doing the pranks, flirting with Makosi and his alliance with Maxwell & Saskia (and then eventually Craig). By the time we get to week 7 he pretty much only has Craig (and to some extent Makosi) left which is when he really started to stand out a bit.

Anthony always seemed quite reasonable and didn’t really go out of his way to cause conflict but I would definitely say he was pushed to his limits in that house. His and Craig’s arguments were hilarious for the most part and I was always on Anthony’s side; for me it didn’t appear he was actually doing anything wrong.

But, was he a deserving winner? I’m not so sure I mean he put up with a lot in that house but I definitely think Derek, Science even Kemal should’ve won instead. They brought a lot more to the series and were important throughout the whole time they were in there, where as Anthony came into his stride much later.

When it came down to Anthony vs Eugene, Anthony would definitely enjoy the title as BB winner more and out of the housemates left it was no surprise he won but then again he did begin to irritate me when he kept mentioning that Eugene should've bumped the money up to £200k. Did he not understand that Eugene was unaware of it?

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?
How right you are ~ even the list of names , so many good characters and personalities , when you look at the CH 5 the HM's they just became more and more fake and plastic wannabees. So much more entertainment in that season and so many laughs.

Dunno that Anthony deserved the win though.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:27 PM #10
-

-

GARBAGE
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 02:20 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
I don't like him. He tried way too hard to be funny, he had a recurring habit of objectifying women, particularly Makosi and Orlaith (he also said a pathetic insult to Science of something the lines of "Ya snapped cause I didn't get you a cup! Like a ****ing... woman!"), he thought Maxwell and Saskia were good people and was still guilty like them of hounding others and being greedy in the first few weeks, he called Derek malteaser head during an argument,and there was the weird **** with Eugene that the OP mentioned, which is also an example of his unbelievably stupidity. And I know many like to bring up how he won based on his amazing storylines with Makosi and Craig, but c'mon that was all them. I didn't even sympathise with him in either case because a) he already admitted to planning to use Makosi for camera time and fame so she was only turning the tables on him which he deserved for using her and b) there were so many times he joined Maxwell in haranguing and ganging up on Craig before Craig started doing the same to him so I had no sympathy there either. And while there were many moments I hated him, the way he found Craig looking like Myra Hindley funny to the point he was laughing out loud was pretty disturbing.

Overall not as annoying for me as Maxwell or Eugene, bit still a poor housemate and winner, and while I appreciate his win as a closing point for the effect Makosi AND Craig can have on someone, the person who achieved it has very little for me to care about
Epic, I always love reading your posts. The two points in your post I highlighted are again things that confused me about him.

When he said that to Derek, on my first watch I was shocked. How he never got kicked out for that I don’t know I couldn’t believe he said it. But on the flip side, didn’t Derek tell him to “work the mines” or something derogatory like that? Can’t remember if that was after Anthony said what he said but both were out of line.

The Myra Hindley thing was actually one of the few times I genuinely felt bad for Craig. He should never of brought that up sometimes I actually wonder if Craig got any trouble regarding this when he left the house.

These are again a couple points that confused me about Anthony and whether he was a nice person or not. Compared to how Makosi and Craig were acting in the house, he seemed like the nicer person but I definitely thought he had some unpleasant views on things that he kept hushed.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that he did seem like someone who was consciously aware of the cameras (something Mary picked up on). Whenever there was conflict, in particular the first half of the series, he was there but not actually providing any input. It was almost like he had to be in the room when arguments were happening because it would give him some camera time.

I also didn’t really like his attitude of having to be the best at everything. He was ultra competitive, which isn’t a bad thing but he came across as that only child that’s spoilt and has to have everything.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 02:21 PM #12
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Hate. He only won cos Craig was unhinged and people felt bad for him but his personality was atrocious
Old 16-06-2019, 02:44 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
Epic, I always love reading your posts. The two points in your post I highlighted are again things that confused me about him.

When he said that to Derek, on my first watch I was shocked. How he never got kicked out for that I don’t know I couldn’t believe he said it. But on the flip side, didn’t Derek tell him to “work the mines” or something derogatory like that? Can’t remember if that was after Anthony said what he said but both were out of line.

The Myra Hindley thing was actually one of the few times I genuinely felt bad for Craig. He should never of brought that up sometimes I actually wonder if Craig got any trouble regarding this when he left the house.

These are again a couple points that confused me about Anthony and whether he was a nice person or not. Compared to how Makosi and Craig were acting in the house, he seemed like the nicer person but I definitely thought he had some unpleasant views on things that he kept hushed.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that he did seem like someone who was consciously aware of the cameras (something Mary picked up on). Whenever there was conflict, in particular the first half of the series, he was there but not actually providing any input. It was almost like he had to be in the room when arguments were happening because it would give him some camera time.

I also didn’t really like his attitude of having to be the best at everything. He was ultra competitive, which isn’t a bad thing but he came across as that only child that’s spoilt and has to have everything.
Imo he wasn't a nice person at all! None of the cast really were (besides Kinga and Mary in my opinion) but he was a case of it that didn't offer anything that intrigued me to balance it out.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 02:45 PM #14
Adios

Adios

Makosi should have known. She was actually entertaining. Anthony was not entertaining. I can’t even remember anything Anthony did whilst he was in the house apart from be stalked by Craig.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 02:57 PM #15
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Not my kind of Housemate tbh.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:17 AM #16

My favourite personally. Thought he was a nice bloke swimming in a sea of nutters, yet was still involved in the best storylines that year.
MattySadler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:21 AM #17
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

love our Knee x

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote