Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 24-06-2019, 11:17 PM #76
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Wait 16 million people watched the 2010 live ep? Omg Lacey did THAT!
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 11:44 PM #77

No denying it was a good episode in a mess of a story.

Santer trashed up Stacey's character big time.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 03:15 AM #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
What ratings did Tiffany's death get?

Also were the ratings high when they revealed who shot Phil?
13.46 million for Tiffany’s death (official).

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 22-05-2023, 06:18 PM #79

Any requests for any more notable episodes (naturally from a time where Eastenders was actually capable of double-digit figures; I ain’t bothering from 2013 onwards)?

Old 22-05-2023, 06:24 PM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Speaking as someone that doesn't like the show very much.

I think the show doesn't pull in big numbers like they used to be able to do because the characters aren't very likeable imo, they're all identicate Chav type characters that just do the most annoying things imaginable whenever I catch the show.

I also do think that it's biggest problem that harms EastEnders ratings and why it doesn't pull in anywhere near 10-13 million viewers anymore is how dated the show is, being like 80's London in the 80's and even the 90's is fine because timeline wise it's not that far apart culturally, but I do feel that in the 2010's soon to be the 2020's and it's still writing like it's in 80's London is not relatable to me nor is it probably to a lot of the general public I reckon.

I know not everybody would agree with me on this, but I honestly do think that if those two things were fixed on EastEnders, then they might actually get some of their ratings back.
I’m a big EastEnders/low-key soap buff (and it’s improved a lot in the past year, has Easties) but most of it at this point is just the fact that we don’t live in an era where these shows are capable of getting 9 - 11 bums on seats, not when television itself is on the dwindle. The way EastEnders has been treated by various EPs since 2010/2011 doesn’t help. Best it can do now is just keep the remaining viewers and see to it that the people who’ve got back into it because of how much things have improved like what they see enough to stick around.

Old 23-05-2023, 01:52 AM #81
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I’m a big EastEnders/low-key soap buff (and it’s improved a lot in the past year, has Easties) but most of it at this point is just the fact that we don’t live in an era where these shows are capable of getting 9 - 11 bums on seats, not when television itself is on the dwindle. The way EastEnders has been treated by various EPs since 2010/2011 doesn’t help. Best it can do now is just keep the remaining viewers and see to it that the people who’ve got back into it because of how much things have improved like what they see enough to stick around.
I'm glad to hear that the Show has improved for you.

Tbh I'm not much of a Soap person, but I do want to see EastEnders get back to more healthy ratings as it is an institution in the UK, just like Doctor Who.

And I understand that TV ratings are lower nowadays, I do wonder if EastEnders could've slowed down it's ratings losses if they'd have avoided certain controversial storylines that I know that a lot of EastEnders fans couldn't stand?

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 01:17 PM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I'm glad to hear that the Show has improved for you.

Tbh I'm not much of a Soap person, but I do want to see EastEnders get back to more healthy ratings as it is an institution in the UK, just like Doctor Who.

And I understand that TV ratings are lower nowadays, I do wonder if EastEnders could've slowed down it's ratings losses if they'd have avoided certain controversial storylines that I know that a lot of EastEnders fans couldn't stand?
The Ronnie/Kat. baby swap (2011) was a killer blow in terms of controversy and complained about (not just to Ofcom) in a way that no other story had been but 2011 still rated pretty okay. I’d say it wasn’t so much the controversy as the fact that the show was generally just badly managed from 2011/12 onwards (2014 and 2019 were decent) and the fact that some of it was very mundane and stale that turned people off. The over-saturation of the Carters here, there and everywhere after their first year didn’t help. Despite what Danny Dyer continues to say, the show’s been a million times better since he left.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:26 PM #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Ratings for when Pat and Patrick had sex?
Now that was quite something. Again, not the best storyline at the time but Yolande and Kim have had something to say about it this year so it definitely didn’t go forgotten.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eastenders’, episodes, key, overnight, ratings