Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 17-07-2019, 06:07 PM #1
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Default The feeling that “something isn’t right or bad has happened”

Has any here had a feeling that “something isn’t right or something bad has happened” and it’s turned out to be right? I’ll share one of my experiences.

Back in 2013 I used to study at college and some days I didn’t need to be there until about 11 in the morning so I used to stay up really late of a night. Anyways one night it must’ve been about 2:30 just about to get ready to go to bed and I had this really bad vibe that something bad had happened, like something was off. I had struggled to get too sleep (I was awake for like the next couple hours) so I decided to not go to college the next morning. It was very odd as I had never had a feeling like that before.

Anyways the next morning my brother woke me and I told him about what had happened last night and how I felt. He then said that he had some really bad news. One of my friends who we was very close with growing up (but had lost contact with when we left school) had died walking home from a club. He had apparently stumbled into the road, was hit by a Jeep and died instantly. We later found out that the time he had died was around 2:30.

It something that always sticks with me to this day. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Last edited by Dogeatdog; 17-07-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 06:53 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

That's very heartwarming to know..thank you for sharing that.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:32 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’m so, so sorry about your friend, Big Evil......that would be something that would be hard to come to terms with, the sudden death of someone so young and someone you so strongly associated to as having a ‘parallel life’../..type thing...?...my best friend died in a motorbike accident when she was 16 yrs old ...and there are still times when I think...we’re there ‘something isn’t right things’ that I didn’t see at the time, didn’t realise...but that they were there..?...I helped her get ready that day she went out as it was a first date she was going on...and just things that we said, our conversations...?...so many times I’ve replayed them and they feel quite eerie...but for me, I think that’s just me/...my head and heart trying to make things make sense somehow...because no sense can ever be made with some things...I don’t think there were any ‘meanings’ or that I had any feelings that I could have stopped her from going out...but there are times when I question that and just stuff.../...and yeah I think it’s just that our minds can focus on things and give those things more meaning because our heart has been shocked and shaken so much...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:34 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...sorry that doesn’t quite make sense, I’m in a rush...but I don’t know what I believe...I believe that we cope how we cope when we have things in our lives that are very difficult to come to terms with...

...I’m really so sorry for your loss.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 07:26 AM #5

Not quite as bad as yours but once when I was a kid (about 11) my brother had gone out playing football with his team and had been taken by one of the other lads dads. It was an evening match and I had gone to bed. Our telephone at the time was out of order and about 30 mins after being in bed I got a really bad feeling about my brother, I went down and told my mum and dad that something had happened to him and they couldn't contact us because the phone wasn't working but my parent's laughed and sent me back to bed (i was known for being a tad dramatic at times shall we say lol). Anyway, not 10 minutes after that there was a knock on the front door and it was one of the other team parents to say my brother had been knocked out during the match and was in the hospital but no-one could contact us because of the fault on the line. My parent's looked at me like I was some kind of freak (or like I had somehow managed to knock him out without leaving my room )
Old 18-07-2019, 10:14 AM #6
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Annie is your middle name Carrie?
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 10:54 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Annie is your middle name Carrie?

No, but there were lots of times I wished I could have used telekinesis to knock him out

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, feeling, happened, isn’t