Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-07-2019, 02:05 PM #26
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Most people wouldn't say the things the say in RL to peoples faces though, unless they are hard lined racists /bigots. Unfortunately, the internet gives the keyboard.warriors a springboard to voice views almost anonymously and you're right, views like that should be challenged although ultimately that challenge will fall on deaf ears
Spot on.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 03:07 PM #27
Banned

Banned

You can't simply agree to disagree on the situations in the UK and US for example.

Brexit, for example was sold on a fairy tale and mostly supported by the older generations while the younger generations typically opposed it. The younger generations didn't want it but they'll be the ones to feel the effects for decades to come. It's difficult for brexiters to accept that almost half of the country doesn't care for brexit and it's diffficult for the other half to accept hardships that will be forced on them when they didn't want Brexit in the first place. When I think that Trump has already threatened the NHS and that Brexiters have put us in a situation in which we will be indebted to him, I cannot agree to disagree with them. The NHS is the only real issue I care about and Brexit is a threat to it and I don't tolerate threats lightly. I will never break bread and agree to disagree while the NHS is in danger.

When it comes to the US, you have a racist in the white house that is committing human rights abuse left and right and is making moves from the Nazi playbook. You can't agree to disagree with someone like that and if someone agrees or supports Trump and his administration then that says everything you need to know about them. They don't care about human rights, they don't care about facts or truth, only what they want to hear and, in the words of an infamous Trump supporter, as long as Trump is hurting the 'right people' (Read: people that aren't white) it's a-okay.

These issues are too divisive and too important to agree to disagree and that's why, with the UK in particular, Labour and the Tories are a complete mess at the moment because Brexit is an issue that defies party lines. It doesn't matter what badge you wear, it only matters if you are for or against Brexit.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 03:09 PM #28
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Lots of people, especially young people (I’m young myself and so can say) can’t deal with differing opinions. Many on here call someone a troll for just having a different opinion. It’s ridiculous, when you enter the real world you will realise not everyone shares the exact same opinions on everything

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 03:13 PM #29
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Lots of people, especially young people (I’m young myself and so can say) can’t deal with differing opinions. Many on here call someone a troll for just having a different opinion. It’s ridiculous, when you enter the real world you will realise not everyone shares the exact same opinions on everything
well said Douglass

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 03:15 PM #30
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I think you're completely wrong there. A lot of the 'can't accept opinions' bull**** that people like to spout comes from the fact that the people who say that can't handle discourse, they can't handle someone disagreeing with them so they have to paint their arguments as them being unable to accept opinions.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, everyone has the right to agree with opinions and to discuss them. The whole 'can't accept opinions' **** only shuts down discussion, it doesn't make it better.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ability, disagree’, lose, people, politics, ‘agree