Notices

Big Brother 19 [Autumn 2018] Posts about BB19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.


-----

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 12:01 AM   #26
Ant.
beautiful
 
Ant.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,857
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Georgia
CBB21: Wayne Sleep


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
__________________


Ant. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #27
sleleen
slé
 
sleleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,658

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Keesha
X Factor Celebrity: Olivia Olson
Strictly 2019: Emma Weymouth
Default

Lets not act like Natalie wasn’t the 2nd biggest character in CBB22
__________________
sleleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:04 AM   #28
Alf
Karen is not offensive
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jack of spades is not offensive language
Posts: 23,523

Favourites:
I'm a Celeb 2010: Shaun Ryder


Default

Jim Davidson
Aaron Allard Morgan
Gary Busey
Dexter Koh
Stephen Bear
Marc O'Neill
Julian Clarey
Lewis Flanagan

Ann Widdecombe
Helen Wood
Deana uppal
Katie Hopkins
Kim Woodburn
Roxanne Pallett
Leteysha Grace
Sarah Harding
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 03-08-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:09 AM   #29
Ant.
beautiful
 
Ant.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,857
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Georgia
CBB21: Wayne Sleep


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Jim Davidson
Aaron Allard Morgan
Gary Busey
Dexter Koh

Stephen Bear
Marc O'Neill
Julian Clarey
Lewis Flanagan

Ann Widdecombe
Helen Wood

Deana uppal
Katie Hopkins
Kim Woodburn
Roxanne Pallett
Leteysha Grace
Sarah Harding
tbh

(green being really liked and red being really disliked, differing shades reflecting how much I like them)

Pretty accurate and tbh I wouldn't be opposed to this line-up
__________________


Ant. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #30
Greg!
laura carter stan
 
Greg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: How dare they boo me! I'm a nice person!
Posts: 12,123

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Apprentice 2017: Elizabeth


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
I hate to challenge you/this but this is possibly wrong. He was offered £12,000 (same as CBB18) to appear in CBB19 (on launch I think?) but he rejected it because he was "the reigning champion and deserved more money". THEN the producers offered him more money to appear but he was, by contract, not allowed to accept the money/appear in CBB (but he wanted to because the money was apparently great/he couldn't 'turn it down) thanks to Celebs go Dating. So yeah the fact they tried to get him into CBB19 TWICE just screams "we love to polarise our viewers!"

But tbf, at the time of CBB19, all they had to do was go off was controversy/the backlash of Bear winning. But Helen was as controversial as they came and garnered a lot of Ofcom complaints yet BB16/the following series only suffered a loss of 170,000 viewers, and then BB17's numbers went up to 1.6 million. If Helen's win and return (bearing in mind BB17 followed Helen's much more controversial stint in BB16) didn't impact viewers, would Bear have if he returned? (well, probably not in the long-term, since it seems the damage was done/people stopped watching Big Brother after Bear. Not to say a good number of people got tired of the format, but it's a bit odd/not entirely coincidental that we saw a relatively large decrease in viewer numbers after Bear's win, but that's treading on your point alol)

Now whether the producers now would make the correlation between Bear's win and the viewing number decrease is another thing. But it's worth noting Helen was banned from BOTS/Big Brother altogether following BB16, while Bear was never banned despite similar levels of controversy. But that said, I don't recall seeing him on BOTS in CBB22/BB19 when I would assume his contract no longer prevented him from Big Brother appearances, so who knows where they stand on him

Source for £12k/being offered more money and his contract not allowing an appearance: https://www.celebsnow.co.uk/latest-c...-minute-626994 (also documented on other news websites so probably very valid, but after skimming this is the only article to give a reason/the contract)
I meant in the context of a UBB2 following BB19 rather than having him on CBB19. By the end of the show they (finally) had a new decent production team who seemed understand the show better and wouldn’t have asked him, given the lasting damage his win caused the show (longer than the backlash against Helen)

Last edited by Greg!; 03-08-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Greg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #31
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 10,607

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Jim Davidson
Aaron Allard Morgan
Gary Busey
Dexter Koh
Stephen Bear
Marc O'Neill
Julian Clarey
Lewis Flanagan

Ann Widdecombe
Helen Wood
Deana uppal
Katie Hopkins
Kim Woodburn
Roxanne Pallett
Leteysha Grace
Sarah Harding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
tbh

(green being really liked and red being really disliked, differing shades reflecting how much I like them)

Pretty accurate and tbh I wouldn't be opposed to this line-up
Yeah tbh I like this lineup too. There are always some I don't like/don't care about so I'd never expect a perfect cast anyway

I can't remember Natalie Nunn
__________________

(apparently "boner" used to mean mistake, or something...)
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #32
CiaraNelly2000
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 394

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Tommy
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
CBB21: Ginuwine
Default

Natalie was the best housemate of CBB22.
Don’t get it twisted.
She runs LA
CiaraNelly2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #33
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 21,020
Default

Here's my attempt at a realistic cast with even genders



Now before you come @me, there's reasonings below for any ones you're confused by, as this was an attempt at a realistic cast rather than bringing in any personal opinion.

Spoiler:

Cameron Cole - in a similar vein as Josie where the last winner of the channel would be an automatic participant
Chanelle McCleary - an ultimate housemate of both her series and from the production team probably
Dexter Koh - A production favorite
Hughie Maughan - When the auditions for BB18 were advertised, on the website, they went for showing a video of Hughie's best bits as a refresher of the previous series rather than doing Jason who actually won that previous series so it's clear Hughie's a favorite of the staff. What's more is that the website originally DID have Jason on the front cover of it at the time but then they changed it to Hughie.
Isabelle Warburton - same as Chanelle
James Jordan - because he's been associated with the show numerous times and is a cheap sign-up and you just know he'd want to get his claws into another series
Jedward - based on revealing to wanting to do the show a third time in the past
Kim Woodburn - both an ultimate housemate and a recurring BOTS panelist.
Luisa Zissman - same as Kim
Marc O'Neill - Another producer favorite - however, iirc he was still living in America during BB19's airing so there's a chance he'd be busy in which case I don't think they'd pick any replacement at all here.
Nicola McLean - same as James Jordan
Nikki Grahame - cause they're always bloody bringing her back
Perez Hilton - producers REALLY wanted him for CBB19 and the only reason he wasn't in was asking for too high a salary and because he didn't want to be in a house with Katie Hopkins who was also planned on. He also desperately wanted to be in CBBUS so it's clear BB is still an international show he has interest in.
Tiffany Pollard - another one who was supposed to be in CBB19 and in her case the only reason she couldn't was because of being busy


UBB1 had 8 BB housemates and 6 CBB housemates. However, this hypothetical scenario by me has 8 CBB housemates and 6 BB housemates. This is mainly due to Ch5 generally preferring airing CBBs and it usually being more successful for them as well as there being much more CBBs than BBs in Ch5. I also didn't include anyone from BB12, BB13 or BB15 for a combination of those series either having no housemates I think the producers would approach despite being suitable for this format (Aaron , Helen and Deana .), or having no housemates suitable for the format altogether.

Anyone I didn't mention that was mentioned by someone else is due to them either being a) people I think the show neglects thinking about much, b) people I don't think would qualify enough to be ultimate, c) people that wouldn't want anything to do with the show, or d) people that the show would never want to touch with a barge pole with ever again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language

Last edited by Epic.; 03-08-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #34
Greg!
laura carter stan
 
Greg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: How dare they boo me! I'm a nice person!
Posts: 12,123

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Apprentice 2017: Elizabeth


Default

^
I would have been happy with that line up actually. Tiff, Chanelle, Issy, Kim and Nikki in the same house
Greg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cast, realistically, ubb2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts