Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-10-2019, 11:47 AM #1
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

They should be running adverts on TV and in cinema educating the public on how to reduce their impact with simple doable everyday measures, not advocating people to STOP FLYING (while flying in yourself from the other side of the world ) causing nuisance and traffic jams and inexplicably targetting public transport

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 07:08 PM #2
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
They should be running adverts on TV and in cinema educating the public on how to reduce their impact with simple doable everyday measures, not advocating people to STOP FLYING (while flying in yourself from the other side of the world ) causing nuisance and traffic jams and inexplicably targetting public transport
For kizzy ....this is my take, I support the cause, not the way they are going about it, I couldn’t put it in much simpler terms so let’s see if you get my stance second time round

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 14-10-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 14-10-2019, 07:26 PM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
For kizzy ....this is my take, I support the cause, not the way they are going about it, I couldn’t put it in much simpler terms so let’s see if you get my stance second time round
Who are funding these advertisements? ... There have been countless campaigns and public information and awareness raising over the years, you would have to have been living under a rock not to have seen any.

Again you are inferring that because Greta Tunberg flew back from America it negated her argument for governments to take climate change more seriously. ..it doesn't cherie.

Peaceful protest is nothing more than a nuisance? Well I guess that's your perspective and you're welcome to it. I see it as a necessary distraction.
Old 14-10-2019, 07:38 PM #4
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Who are funding these advertisements? ... There have been countless campaigns and public information and awareness raising over the years, you would have to have been living under a rock not to have seen any.

Again you are inferring that because Greta Tunberg flew back from America it negated her argument for governments to take climate change more seriously. ..it doesn't cherie.

Peaceful protest is nothing more than a nuisance? Well I guess that's your perspective and you're welcome to it. I see it as a necessary distraction.

Don’t they have many celeb backers, maybe Emma Thompson could fund an advert campaign rather than flying first class to support them...1400 arrests ..how is that peaceful! Okay no one is hurling bottles but you can’t call it peaceful by any stretch of the imagination, I’ve already said I support peaceful protest do I need to trawl back though the thread again to find it for you kizzy

Old 14-10-2019, 07:49 PM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
[/B]

Don’t they have many celeb backers, maybe Emma Thompson could fund an advert campaign rather than flying first class to support them...1400 arrests ..how is that peaceful! Okay no one is hurling bottles but you can’t call it peaceful by any stretch of the imagination, I’ve already said I support peaceful protest do I need to trawl back though the thread again to find it for you kizzy
So now it's Emma Thompson that's the target of your ire? Oof cherie you're really cross with lots of people today.
Could you explain how funding an advert would make the government take more notice of climate change.. after all that is the aim of the rebellion protests isn't it?

In the main it's a sit down protest, so people are being arrested for obstruction. If you support peaceful protest can you explain how it can be done in large numbers in the cspital without causing an obstruction?

Last edited by Kizzy; 14-10-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 09:12 PM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
So now it's Emma Thompson that's the target of your ire? Oof cherie you're really cross with lots of people today.
Could you explain how funding an advert would make the government take more notice of climate change.. after all that is the aim of the rebellion protests isn't it?

In the main it's a sit down protest, so people are being arrested for obstruction. If you support peaceful protest can you explain how it can be done in large numbers in the cspital without causing an obstruction?
You asked a question about funding, I responded, still you’re not happy but Im cross apparently, okay kizzy, you don’t really want me to respond do you? I get it now

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
extinction, rebellion, similar