Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-10-2019, 02:11 PM #11
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
As Dezzy says; it's all wonderful trash honestly.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of Supergirl... I like Kara herself, but I think it has the weakest supporting characters to be honest. Supergirl is at her best in the yearly crossovers .

Both Flash and Arrow have some weaker seasons (The Flash writers clearly didn't know what to do with his abilities for a while when he got "up to speed", so to speak, so were constantly nerfing him). Arrow started off slightly too brutal, then went too far the other way (lots of arrows hitting guns out of people's hands) but found a balance in the last few seasons - less killing poor random henchmen for no reason like in S1 , but still realistically injuring (and occasional deaths). It's on its final season now though.

Legends... the first season isn't great but at this point it may be my fav CW DC show. Because it KNOWS it's wonderful trash and just runs with it. I mean... it had Biff from Back To The Future as a main character's dad ffs. And he even made the "Make like a tree" joke .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The Arrowverse is quite fun but you have to go into it knowing that it's junkfood TV. Supergirl and Batwoman are part of that as are Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. In order to get the most out of one of those shows, you kinda have to watch all of them since every season they do a week long crossover event and there's little bits here and there that you may miss by not keeping up with all four shows.

If you're gonna watch those shows and you wanna keep in line with each show properly then this is a rough way to watch them

- Watch Season 1 and 2 of Arrow
- Watch Season 3 of Arrow alongside Season 1 of Flash
- Watch Season 4 of Arrow, Season 2 of Flash, Season 1 of Supergirl.
- Watch Season 5 of Arrow, Season 3 of Flash, Season 2 of Supergirl and Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow.
-Carry on until this year's seasons in which you'll add Batwoman to the list.

There's also a show called Black Lightning but it doesn't take place in the same world although it will have a part in this year's crossover.

Is it worth it to watch them all? Certain seasons are excellent, Season 2 of Arrow for example is damn near perfect, Season 1 of The Flash is both wonderfully magical while simultaneously making you cry ugly tears, Supergirl Season 4 starts off a bit heavy handed but becomes great as it goes on and Legends of Tomorrow is just wacky ridiculous from Season 2 onwards. There's at least one bad season in each show though (Two of an half for Arrow, two for Flash, one and a half for Supergirl and the first season of Legends is difficult to get through).

If you love trash easy-to-watch TV, you'll probably burn through it but if you can't get past the fact that the scripts are never great and the performances are your typical teen drama-esque calibre then you'll hate it.
Cool, thanks both I screenshotted the watching order so I wouldn't lose it 8-)

To me Green Arrow is just "Black Canary's boyfriend", I know next to nothing about him which doesn't come up along with her in the comics. I even thought he might be a renegade Lantern at first, with having "Green" in his name. Ironic really as Dinah joined the Corps!

But yeah thanks, I smell a CW marathon coming on

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrow, flash, makers, supergirl, trailer