Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 27-11-2019, 12:05 AM #101
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I think she's miscast
What the **** did you just ****ing say about Ruth, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, kiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Quick question, why is Pan different sizes in different scenes?
It's not that he's different sizes, but rather he can change his form as Lyra is still a young child. Daemons only settle into one form when their human reaches adolescence.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2019, 12:16 AM #102
Namaste

Namaste

Loved the latest episode. So good to finally see Iorek, Lee, Hester and Kaisa. Can't wait for Serafina to arrive now The panserbjorne look so good, these production values are cinematic

The scene of Lyra and Pan watching the northern lights I love anything wintry and Arctic based so I'm glad we've reached the heavily North based portion of the book now

I feel so sad for the golden monkey Although Mrs Coulter's cruelty towards him (which I don't remember being in the books?) is a great way to illustrate her self loathing and flesh her out even more.

I have a feeling episode is gonna be a particularly good one.
Spoiler:

It's called The Lost Boy which is the chapter of the book where Lyra finds Tony Makarios after he's been severed from his daemon and dies. The show has given Billy Costa's daemon the same name as Tony's in the book and he hasn't appeared himself so I'm guessing Billy will die next week

(book spoilers in the tags)
Old 27-11-2019, 01:10 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
What the **** did you just ****ing say about Ruth, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, kiddo

It's not that he's different sizes, but rather he can change his form as Lyra is still a young child. Daemons only settle into one form when their human reaches adolescence.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2019, 07:57 AM #104
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...get him told, Lostie...miscast indeed, more a mispost...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2019, 09:34 PM #105
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...get him told, Lostie...miscast indeed, more a mispost...

Marsh watching his credibility fall away when he watches and sees how good she is

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 27-11-2019, 10:10 PM #106
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Right although I thought he changed from small fox size back to stoat size again and then back to fox size confusing!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:18 PM #107
Namaste

Namaste

Well last episode was devastating as I expected! Anne Marie Duff was phenomenal in Billy's death scene There's a fair bit of anger over the omission of him clutching a dead fish in place of his missing daemon and as much as I wish they included that, I thought the episode was still brilliant.

Really surprised by the official introduction of Will I wasn't massively interested in his scenes this episode just because the main storyline was so engrossing but I'm really intrigued by his early introduction. It works well too because what we see with him and his mother would have been happening while Northern Lights was taking place anyway.

Serafina finally arriving too She was great. Not 100% on them giving her short hair but the rest of her character design and Ruta's portrayal were perfect.

Bolvangar at the end was suitably sinister, can't wait to see more of it tonight.

Last edited by Lostie!; 08-12-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:22 PM #108
Namaste

Namaste

Also I'd have no idea David Suchet voices Kaisa if I didn't already know. He's such a bloody versatile actor
Old 09-12-2019, 07:37 PM #109

I am loving this show!
Old 24-12-2019, 11:57 AM #110
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

i am loving this series so far it fills the gap the ending GoT left very nicely

James Cosmo

Ruth Wilson is actually one of my mom's fave actresses of now
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 10:23 PM #111
Namaste

Namaste

So I've been neglecting posting about this for the last few episodes since I've been so awol but the finale was phenomenal Genuinely one of my favourite episodes of TV I've ever seen.

Where they might not have reached the full potential of certain big scenes from the book over the course of the season, Roger and Salcilia's deaths actually managed to be worse (in a good way) in the TV series. Even though I knew it was coming that scene still managed to genuinely disturb me. Salcilia's "Roger, I don't want to leave you" hit me especially hard.

But the whole episode was just brilliant. The character work, the emotion, the gorgeous visuals, everything. Oh and Dafne Keen was so so good in her last scene!

Last edited by Lostie!; 31-12-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 31-12-2019, 11:21 PM #112
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Yeah the whole show was great. I liked that Will was introduced in the first season, I guess his storyline was happening more or less in sync with Lyra's, and them crossing over to Citt at about the same time makes sense.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 09:56 PM #113
Namaste

Namaste

Series 2 trailer!

Old 26-10-2020, 05:54 PM #114
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:01 PM #115
Namaste

Namaste

Toniiiiight
Old 04-12-2020, 09:58 PM #116
Namaste

Namaste

So I'm loving season 2. Mary communicating with the angels last week gave me chills.

Pretty sure the voice in that scene was Sophie Okonedo as Xaphania, who also did the opening narration for this episode and the season opener. Continuing the tradition of introducing certain characters earlier than the books did, one of my favourite things about this adaptation.

Last edited by Lostie!; 04-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
3rd, adaptation, bbc, begins, dark, materials, november, philip, pullman, series