Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-12-2019, 04:37 AM #25
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
And this isn't even getting into the Jury and how when a woman plays a UTR social game and the man plays an OTT "loud" game, the man wins for being DOMINANT and the woman is ripped apart for doing nothing, but at the same time when a man plays a UTR social game and the woman plays an OTT "loud" game, the man wins for being a social butterfly and the woman is ripped apart for being obnoxious.
Clearly the guys were more well-liked with the jury

But anyway some of the recent losing females include: Chrissy, Laurel, Angelina, Julie, Noura ... like I don't think there's any gender bias with the results here. Based on edits they didn't exactly do all that much and/or didn't manage their relationships with the jury well at all. I think Chrissy maybe could've/should've won but the rest don't exactly scream winner material based on ANYTHING the jury could judge on whether that's big game moves, likability, respect, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I guess my point is that the demographic of the winner absolutely does matter when the show has had the same demographic winning season after season AND when the show teases us with hopes for change but then completely blue balls the viewers and denies us of anything different. But even when you exclude that, this season peaked pre-merge and became offensively grim at the merge and BORING in the endgame. And the pre-merge will certainly fade on rewatch when you know what's to come with the Dan/Kellee thing and the Janet thing and Lairo getting Pagonged and Tommy only winning because Dean flipped a coin.
The winning demographic still shouldn't matter. It's a show about characters & strategies, not a show about which gender reigns supreme. It's not a big deal and whether a male or female wins shouldn't factor into anyone's opinion of a season or the show at all. Judge the winners on their characters & gameplay over what gender they are. I find it funny when people pay so much attention to male/female winning stats and what not. And I don't understand the concept of being disappointed or excited strictly about a specific gender winning or losing a season of a RTV show Being disappointed/excited over a good or bad winner for a season makes sense, not that 5 (deserving) males are winning in a row.

Last part not true either. Could've still easily been Lauren, Janet boots instead of Janet, Lauren. And idk if Janet is a lock to get more votes than Tommy anyway if they're both in the F3 (it surely would've been a closer battle tho).

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2019, 25th, 39, cast, contestants, idols, island, premieres, revealed, rumours, september, survivor, theme