Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 AM #76
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Where can I watch episodes other than that intsvr website? It always buffers and takes ages to download for me but can't find links anywhere else
Old 20-08-2019, 07:23 PM #77
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Catching up on the last two episodes and am confirming that we are worshiping at the altar of STEFFI.

Old 20-08-2019, 08:42 PM #78
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Did Nicole win yet

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:16 PM #79
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

So my interest in this waned a little after Seipei was voted out (I'll catch up on the rest of the season at some point if I have the time), but
Spoiler:

Rob, Nicole, Laetitia and Durao
being the final four is nothing short of hilarious to me

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 09-09-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:50 AM #80
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Just to clarify, my waning interest had nothing to do with the quality of the season itself (rather a lack of time to keep up with the show, combined with a tiny degree of bitterness that the Amigos weren't the final five and/or that the season probably won't end with Rob and Nathan getting married at Final Tribal Council). Having been wiki-watching for the past few weeks, I just got caught up with the most recent two episodes in preparation for the finale, and... well...

This moment gave me chills.

All it took was four words and some impeccable timing on Nicole's behalf to remind me why anyone still bothers to commission, produce, watch or invest anything in Survivor in 2019

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 06:08 AM #81
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I'm only partway through the finale but Nicole Capper must win best actress at next year's Oscars and whoever was in charge of this shot ought to win best cinematography

(also, I'm pretty sure Durao didn't say an entire word at the final four Tribal Council? honestly what an icon)

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 06:17 AM #82
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I... am a saint

You bitches can't even spell messiah complex!

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 06:36 AM #83
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Laetitia: If neither of you can convince me that you deserve to win then I'll have to vote for Durao, and he won't know what to do with the money!

Durao: Probably buy bananas

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 06:39 AM #84
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

afjgndkfrfkvl Nicole calling herself a MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN to try and get the jury to sympathise with her

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 06:44 AM #85
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Steffi stopping mid-rant to apologise to Durao for leaving him out and telling him to "just enjoy yourself"

On an unrelated note I'm very much here for Laetitia's bold eyeshadow choices tonight

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 07:01 AM #86
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I can't believe that the result was not only not a unanimous blowout, but that we were one vote away from Durao single-handedly picking the winner

Great result, great season... your USA faves could never, etc

Spoiler:

Old 13-09-2019, 07:42 AM #87
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Rudimentary cast ranking that I may well revisit:

Nicole
Rob
Seipei
Nathan
Durăo
Steffi
Tania

Meryl
Laetitia
Rocco
Mmaba
Ting Ting
Danté

Lee-Anne
Mike
Cobus
Paul
Rose-Lee
Felix

Jacques
Geoffrey

I'd like to think that that's the most dark green I've ever had for one reality TV season, and no, I'm not going back to check

Spoiler:

Old 20-09-2019, 07:47 AM #88

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

There was still some drama towards the end, definitely not up to last year's in any way but at least two of the big players faced off, and Durăo had some likeabililty.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 09:45 PM #89
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

M-Net have put the show on hiatus because they can't afford to pay for it anymore at least we'll always have The Nicole Capper Experience

Plus, we never have to see the show go in the direction of Ausvivor (reducing its entire cast to one of two stereotypes and then giving the majority of its pre-merge boots UTR edits) or USvivor (which, as we all know, has too many issues to mention)

Spoiler:

Old 27-10-2019, 01:40 AM #90
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

"It's a dark night. Because I came into this game to be brave, to be true, and to be a hero. But I'm none of those things tonight. Whatever decision I make, I end up being a villain." ---Nicole Capper, 2019.

(I'm rewatching this season bc I got busy after the Jacques boot and never finished the last three or four episodes. I need Nicole Capper to dramatically narrate my every move and tell me to go and change the world as she chokes on her own tears and stabs me in the back while wearing the very hat I gave her.)
Old 10-11-2019, 09:42 AM #91
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Just watched Mike's boot episode for the first time and WOW my interest in the season has been reinvigorated. It feels almost like a South Pacific type season where the beginning is fun, the middle is boooring because it's just an obvious Pagonging (and to South Pacific's credit they were at least able to accelerate it with a double boot episode. Island of Secrets has a Pagonging that lasts like... almost the entire merge so far minus the Seipei boot ), but once the main alliance has no choice but to start to look inward and turn against each other WOW the season becomes fresh again.

And even though this was still technically the last episode of the Pagonging, omg it delivered! The family visit was actually done perfectly with splitting up the tribe between camp life and Island of Secrets life, not letting them see each other at all between the Immunity Challenge and Tribal Council. And everyone delivered and played their parts beautifully! Rob continued to shine as mafia boss overlord, Laetitia was the sympathetic person who got the family visit because who knows how much longer she'll have on earth with her daughter (note: she's fifty), Steffi continued to lay the foundation to a potential Rob overthrow (which from what I've heard, comes to a EPIC conclusion next episode), Durao didn't really show up until TC where he acted like a bumbling idiot to snow Mike/just in general is a bumbling idiot, and then...

Mike gets his own paragraph because l m a o how embarrassing of an exit, ESPECIALLY for someone who believed his own hype. His boot was delicious. That's really been the whole theme of this Pagonging, that the person on the bottom realizes that Rob has been in control of everything, they try to rally up the ~loose change players~ to overthrow him, nobody listens and the person on the bottom is booted nearly unanimously, and then the next round starts with someone realizing "oh ****, <Juror(s)> were right all along, time for me to scramble." And each time it happens it gets more delicious because the writing has been on the wall for sooooo long. Like, not only did Mike watch this **** happen to Geoffrey but he was an active participant in it. He watched this **** happen to Jacques and was in on the plan. He watched it happen to Mmaba and somehow *STILL* believed he had Durao and Nicole on his side?!?!?! The Nicole one is baffling because literally every person on their way out thinks they had Nicole on their side and spoiler, none of them ever had her Anyway, Mike spent the last threeish episodes salivating at an opportunity to blindside Rob but then kept chickening out because "it's not time yet" (ie Rob lied about some overpowered advantage he didn't have and scared the **** out of Mike ), and this entire episode was about "it's Steffi!!!!! We have four votes, it's a done deal!" while Durao and Nicole were just like "um yeah sure *pat on head*" This all culminated in a Tribal Council were Rob and Nicole explicitly strategized in front of the entire tribe, only for Mike to repeatedly ask "wait what's the plan?" and then ultimately realize that he was the plan A master class of delusion and trying to play Survivor with a blindfold on.

And then NICOLE, where to begin... it's been well-documented that she has a flair for the drama and theatrics and she speaks with such bravado and each word she speaks is the next part of an epic Shakespearean soliloquy. So naturally when her boyfriend showed up for the family visit she keeps her composure, right? She sobbed hysterically as soon as the family visit was announced, sobbed even more dramatically when Rob won and she had to say goodbye to her boyfriend, had many epic confessionals about how this was THE BEST AND WORST DAY OF HER LIFE, spoke about how she wanted to punch Rob in the face but it's okay because she knows he did this for a reason and she is A Collaborator and not a puppet, and then all of her TC answers were these Mrs. South Africa pageant type of answers about motherhood and you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't and she knows her truth and she was sent to the Island of Secrets, her worst place, and effectively told to sit in the corner and think about what she's done but it's okay because she came here to be brave, and this will make her tougher and stronger. I'll just let it speak for itself because I can't possibly elaborate anymore. Nicole Capper *is* one of the most captivating narrators in all of reality television, but ironically and unironically. I don't think I've ever seen someone put 100% effort into each and every word she utters, but it really is a work of art.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 20-11-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 02:38 AM #92
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

"I will do anything. But first I will do the thing that serves ME "

"I could of gone with it, I could of said yes. All women, women empowerment final 3. And stuff you! It's a great brand opportunity, stand up for women Be this shining beacon of light, first historic women finale. But what are you if you don't celebrate the men who lift the strong women?"

"She planted seeds in my brain! "

"I trust Rob. I trust MYSELF! And my gut says this is the only way to go. Rob is not taking the easy final, he is not afraid, he is true women empowerment! Steffi is just a gameplayer, the ultimate game player maybe. And if I let her get to the final, she might just take it from all of us"

Meninist Nicole

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 25-11-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 06:43 PM #93
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Finally finished this the other day. Honestly such an incredible season, better than the previous one, and possibly one of the best Survivor seasons for quite a few years?

I'll definitely give my full thoughts on this season at some point as it deserves it, but Nicole and Steffi in particular are STARS and I demand them to be on another show immediately! Steffi needing to be Cirie'd out of the game just for them to be able to get rid of her <3

Also Durao has to be the dumbest player to make it to the end since, well, ever? Even Fabio seemed to possess at least one brain cell. But it made him kind of likeable in a way? Lmao

Last edited by Headie; 29-11-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 06:55 PM #94
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Finally finished and enjoyed this season! It kinda reminded me of a South Pacific where the premerge was good and fun, the merge was slow because of an obvious Pagonging (which was even more tiresome in some ways this time around because the season was 18 episodes?), but then the endgame picked up and was intense and emotional and ultimately satisfying! I think I still prefer Philippines to Island of Secrets but Nicole Capper is easily my fave South African player so far

1. Nicole
2. Rob
3. Steffi
4. Seipei
5. Tania
6. Durao
7. Nathan
8. Felix
9. Mmaba
10. Laetitia

11. Rocco
12. Meryl
13. Mike
14. Dante
15. Cobus
16. Jacques
17. Lee-Anne
18. Paul
19. Rose-Lee
20. Ting Ting

21. Geoffrey

Something like this? Hard cast to rank because honestly it's not thaaaaat good? Philippines had a much more well-rounded cast and I was able to form opinions on almost everyone, whereas Island of Secrets was entirely carried by the Amigos and the rest were background characters. Like the only reason this season was any good was because Rob and Nicole ran things with an iron fist The entire Mike/Dante/Cobus/Jacques cluster is interchangeable. I remember REALLY liking Dante as a beta villain but I think his arc went on for like one or two episodes too long because at some point I just got sick of it all. Similarly, I was loooooving Meryl as a UTRN gremlin but her jury speech was awful and I can't ignore it anymore. Honestly the jurors were all ****ing terrible because they were firmly up Rob and Nicole's asses but then acted like they hated them all along and NOBODY IS PLAYING THE GAME when, like, you weren't either It was maddening to watch Ponderosa each week with the likes of Meryl and Dante and Jacques and GEOFFREY who doesn't get nearly enough recognition for how awful he is and even Seipei kinda sucked in Ponderosa the only good jurors were Mmaba for being a voice for the voiceless Durao, Laetitia for continuing to be the delightfully shady grandma we all love, and Steffi for being soooooo dramatic in her delivery that she almost gives Nicole a run for her money.

Anyways, definitely a chore to watch at times but overall a fun season that was well worth the price of admission! I'm fully on board with South Africa as a franchise and will be heartbroken if there isn't a season 8 eventually. Will work on catching up on the first five seasons even though they're not good apparently? I started 5 last summer and was enjoying it and I heard 3 is okayish too.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:06 PM #95
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Nicole reviving the franchise
Old 08-12-2019, 06:14 PM #96
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I bet Rob told M-Net that Laetitia is old and is going to die soon and will likely never get the chance to watch a season again if they didn't renew it

Spoiler:

Old 02-01-2020, 06:02 PM #97
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
16th, 2019, 21st, africa, airing, island, premieres, season, secrets, south, survivor