Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:34 AM #476
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...for me personally, there are so many comparisons that I’d be unable to make with the older generation Royals...because those weren’t internet/social media days...and that’s one of the main areas of the racist undertones as specified in the Palace statement...there are ‘areas of abuse’ that are very specific to this younger generation...

Last edited by Ammi; 12-01-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:02 AM #477
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think the major problem with Harry and Meghan is that they want to vilify the media while at the same time using them for their own benefit. By stepping away from royal duties, they are not harming the media who will always find stories to write about them wherever they are in the world. They are depriving the British people (the vast majority of whom love the royal family) of an institution. Stepping away from the British public will do them endless amounts of harm because it will be their charities that will ultimately suffer through lack of support
Old 12-01-2020, 09:04 AM #478

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

There may be a few people that don't like her because she is mixed race , but the majority of people just haven't warmed to her and that's their prerogative , I really don't think its about race at all, how has she been racially targeted ? all I can remember is the picture with the chimp , that guy had the sack and is not heard of now , so what else has she endured with racism ? It maybe what a few people think ,but I don't see it , I do agree with Cherie, Fergie had much more negativity and still has with the press , They should just leave and leave their royalty and perks behind ,there are much more important things happening in the world .

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 12-01-2020, 09:35 AM #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i think the major problem with Harry and Meghan is that they want to vilify the media while at the same time using them for their own benefit. By stepping away from royal duties, they are not harming the media who will always find stories to write about them wherever they are in the world. They are depriving the British people (the vast majority of whom love the royal family) of an institution. Stepping away from the British public will do them endless amounts of harm because it will be their charities that will ultimately suffer through lack of support

Yes they can "Bog Off"
She took her 2 dogs to Canada
so that's proof she is gone from Our Great Nation
We can move on.

If a Terrorist group takes
them hostage
it will be Her fault.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:39 AM #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
There may be a few people that don't like her because she is mixed race , but the majority of people just haven't warmed to her and that's their prerogative , I really don't think its about race at all, how has she been racially targeted ? all I can remember is the picture with the chimp , that guy had the sack and is not heard of now , so what else has she endured with racism ? It maybe what a few people think ,but I don't see it , I do agree with Cherie, Fergie had much more negativity and still has with the press , They should just leave and leave their royalty and perks behind ,there are much more important things happening in the world .
I don't think they can just step away and leave the perks though.....whether Harry says he's stepped back or not he is still the Queens grandson....still a high risk kidnap target etc. Whatever the situation he is and always will be a member of the Royal family, as is Meghan and Archie so they will need to be protected in order to protect the familt as a whole
Old 12-01-2020, 09:40 AM #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes they can "Bog Off"
She took her 2 dogs to Canada
so that's proof she is gone from Our Great Nation
We can move on.

If a Terrorist group takes
them hostage
it will be Her fault.
Nope, it will be the terrorists fault
Old 12-01-2020, 09:41 AM #482

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

She was sent white power mail which was investigated as a hate crime, there are many instances of racial abuse against her.

It makes me laugh when people try to argue against the racism she’s received by saying ‘other than these very obvious, horrid examples of racism, what racism has she actually received?’
Old 12-01-2020, 09:41 AM #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Nope, it will be the terrorists fault

Sure but they need
24/7 Protection
Old 12-01-2020, 09:44 AM #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Sure but they need
24/7 Protection
As do most of the Royals.....that would have been the case with Harry whoever he married. He is a prolific member of the family...the Queens grandson, the future Kings son, Princess Dianas son, etcetc...that makes him a target wherever and whoever he is with

Last edited by AnnieK; 12-01-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:44 AM #485

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I don't think they can just step away and leave the perks though.....whether Harry says he's stepped back or not he is still the Queens grandson....still a high risk kidnap target etc. Whatever the situation he is and always will be a member of the Royal family, as is Meghan and Archie so they will need to be protected in order to protect the familt as a whole
Yeah it’s spinning my head how people are twisting their actions to seem like they’re abandoning their family, like they’re gonna turn around and shove Lizzie in a home to get away from them all, they want to step back from duties and stop being so dependent on the family to live, I don’t know how that can be seen as a bad thing?
Old 12-01-2020, 09:57 AM #486
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

‘Rachel Johnson labeled Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, “a dreadlocked African-American lady from the wrong side of the tracks who lives in LA.”..’...

‘The Mail published an article that month suggesting that Los Angeles-born Meghan was “straight outta Compton,” in reference to a song by the ’80s hip-hop group N.W.A...’...

‘Shortly after Harry and Meghan announced their engagement in 2017, the Mail received criticism after it ran a piece with an accompanying tweet that read, “From slaves to royalty, Meghan Markle’s upwardly mobile family.” ...’...

‘In May, the BBC fired radio host Danny Baker after he tweeted an image of a couple holding hands with a chimpanzee, shortly after Harry and Meghan welcomed their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. He wrote in the since-deleted post’s caption: “Royal Baby leaves hospital.”...’...

‘He later apologized, saying the “gag pic” was intended as a “joke about royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted,”..’...

...there were undoubtedly racist undertones with regards to Meghan, which should never be diminished because it diminishes racism/prejudice/bigotry as a whole...

Last edited by Ammi; 12-01-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:00 AM #487
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

My opinion on Megan is not based on the colour of her skin.

It’s based on the fact she has come into a family and come between two brothers that were very close.

We all know of real life situations were someone meets someone and they drop family and friends due to a new relationship.

Megan like anyone got negative press from her actions.
Abusing palace staff making demands.

Demanding neighbors sign non disclosure forms
2.4 million spent on a home they are not going live in.

Not spending Christmas with the queen.

Harry looks like a love sick puppy.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:24 AM #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
‘Rachel Johnson labeled Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, “a dreadlocked African-American lady from the wrong side of the tracks who lives in LA.”..’...

‘The Mail published an article that month suggesting that Los Angeles-born Meghan was “straight outta Compton,” in reference to a song by the ’80s hip-hop group N.W.A...’...

‘Shortly after Harry and Meghan announced their engagement in 2017, the Mail received criticism after it ran a piece with an accompanying tweet that read, “From slaves to royalty, Meghan Markle’s upwardly mobile family.” ...’...

‘In May, the BBC fired radio host Danny Baker after he tweeted an image of a couple holding hands with a chimpanzee, shortly after Harry and Meghan welcomed their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. He wrote in the since-deleted post’s caption: “Royal Baby leaves hospital.”...’...

‘He later apologized, saying the “gag pic” was intended as a “joke about royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted,”..’...

...there were undoubtedly racist undertones with regards to Meghan, which should never be diminished because it diminishes racism/prejudice/bigotry as a whole...

Yes all in the past now.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:12 AM #489

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
She was sent white power mail which was investigated as a hate crime, there are many instances of racial abuse against her.

It makes me laugh when people try to argue against the racism she’s received by saying ‘other than these very obvious, horrid examples of racism, what racism has she actually received?’
Well post the links then we can see for ourselves, all I have seen is the offensive chimp pic. but there again I am not much of a one for newspapers as a source of info , they all have their own agendas, it's like the racism card is a must for their reason to step back,it's really not.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:14 AM #490

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah it’s spinning my head how people are twisting their actions to seem like they’re abandoning their family, like they’re gonna turn around and shove Lizzie in a home to get away from them all, they want to step back from duties and stop being so dependent on the family to live, I don’t know how that can be seen as a bad thing?
No one has said that, stop being dramatic, I have said before let them go and be happy they can still visit their family, it's not a bad thing as long as that is what they do.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:21 PM #491
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Bigoted hysteria.
Just proves how right they are to seek change.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:56 PM #492
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Now, a campaign group, who have in the past helped to push back against the spurious narratives of right wing groups like the BNP and EDL, has trawled through 5,200 abusive messages aimed at the 37-year-old in the last two months and made a staggering discovery.

Of these thousands of messages, 3,600 Tweets were sent from just 20 accounts, meaning 70 per cent of the trolling in January and February was created by these few people, whose entire online presence has been dedicated to bullying of the philanthropist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ell...cist-trolling/

Last edited by Kizzy; 12-01-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:12 PM #493
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Now, a campaign group, who have in the past helped to push back against the spurious narratives of right wing groups like the BNP and EDL, has trawled through 5,200 abusive messages aimed at the 37-year-old in the last two months and made a staggering discovery.

Of these thousands of messages, 3,600 Tweets were sent from just 20 accounts, meaning 70 per cent of the trolling in January and February was created by these few people, whose entire online presence has been dedicated to bullying of the philanthropist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ell...cist-trolling/
Shocking. These people should be prosecuted
Old 12-01-2020, 01:41 PM #494
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

I am failing to understand Harry and Meghans logic. You can't step back from being a senior royal, by birth and marriage you either are or you are not. All they seem to be doing is cutting back on public appearances on behalf of the queen and i'm not really sure how that affects anything. Have people held angry demonstrations at those appearances, have they been the subject of racial slurs during those events?

I think they just want to tell the world that they are pissed off ... and if that is the case ... i couldn't care less.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:57 PM #495
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
She has done plenty wrong actually, rubbing her belly is not a problem to me.

I don't read gullible drivel, obviously many do as they are just parroting it. I suspect the rubbing the belly criticisms come from social media drivel anyway...where every celeb gets a lashing no matter what colour skin they have. The best skin to have is a thick one if you are in the public eye, especially a new royal family member marrying a loved prince.
If you can't hack it, run, which is what she is doing.
As Marsh has said, you keep saying she's done wrong but you aren't actually saying what her apparent crimes are, you're just looking down on us for seeing through something that is very transparent.

The white privilege of you to think that someone who is the target of endless racism needs to get 'thick skin'. Instead of taking issue with the racism, you're blaming the target of that racism and that says it all.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:14 PM #496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post

I couldn’t agree more Kaz
Old 12-01-2020, 02:20 PM #497
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

True

Spoiler:

Old 12-01-2020, 02:29 PM #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
As Marsh has said, you keep saying she's done wrong but you aren't actually saying what her apparent crimes are, you're just looking down on us for seeing through something that is very transparent.

The white privilege of you to think that someone who is the target of endless racism needs to get 'thick skin'. Instead of taking issue with the racism, you're blaming the target of that racism and that says it all.

I think more than anything it’s about Meghan having things her way against Royal traditions.... the birth of her baby and not traditionally showing her son to the eagerly awaiting public as she left hospital. The christening all kept hush hush and no announcement of godparents...shared with the public by Royal tradition. If you join the Royal family then you do become public property...that’s part of it because we the public pay for them to enjoy all the luxuries that come with being Royal. Megan had a choice...Harry was born into it. They have many many things that we the Public don’t but in return they have to take the pitfalls and do things they perhaps don’t want to.
William had a hard time in my opinion adapting to the publicity in his teenage years but he has accepted his role and has come through with flying colours. Kate has been the epitome of the perfect wife and role model as a Royal.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:29 PM #499
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
True
Pretty much, I'm surprised the racists aren't making out that she's responsible for Andrew's actions while they're at it. They are that ridiculous with their desperate attempts to justify their racist hatred and make it out to be something else.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:32 PM #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
True

Pathetic....Andrew has been basically sacked from the Royal family because of the backlash....and Racism has nothing to do with the backlash against Meghan.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped