Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 PM #551

draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You've just proved my point of why I wouldn't be bothered and you didn't even realize it, silly old you.
To be fair....that is not helping your cause Jet. I would be interested to read what you have to base your findings. I have a very liberal view of all Royals, I think kate and william are a fantastic couple who do a lot of good for the progression of the monarchy and thought harry and Meghan would do also.

I am read a variety of Royal correspondents and the reports vary from Palace to Palace as to where their allegiances lie so very much like mainstream media and so I would love to read your research or at least know what to search to broaden my knowledge
Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 PM #552
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

I hoped Diana was a lesson to them but it looks like it's same old, same old
Old 12-01-2020, 11:12 PM #553
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Old 12-01-2020, 11:24 PM #554
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

A post from the Guardian saying it all

Quote:
Top Comments at the Mail:
Harry you married a monster, time to wake up and start divorce proceedings before she destroys any self respect that you have left. 7,000 likes
MM is a disgrace, I am English, and the Canadians or whoever can have her. All she has done is secure HER future with a baby linked to royalty and secured a pile of money WHEN the marriage fails. She was NEVER in it for LOVE! 10,000 likes
She married Harry for money and fame. She never cared about the monarchy or the UK. She's using the BRF to build her own brand. She will dump Harry in a couple of years and the divorce will be crazy. 2,000 likes
In other words she is a sociopath that uses people for her own gain and leaves destruction in her wake. 1,000 likes

That's really just the tip of the hateful iceberg. Why would anyone want to live in a country full of nasty pricks like that?

Old 12-01-2020, 11:51 PM #555

Old 12-01-2020, 11:53 PM #556

Last edited by arista; 13-01-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:55 PM #557

Old 13-01-2020, 12:02 AM #558

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-set...-role-11906900

Last edited by arista; 13-01-2020 at 12:09 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:15 AM #559

Yes Get in there
Today Monday
Face to Face with our Queen.

Last edited by arista; 13-01-2020 at 12:20 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:17 AM #560

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
To be fair....that is not helping your cause Jet. I would be interested to read what you have to base your findings. I have a very liberal view of all Royals, I think kate and william are a fantastic couple who do a lot of good for the progression of the monarchy and thought harry and Meghan would do also.

I am read a variety of Royal correspondents and the reports vary from Palace to Palace as to where their allegiances lie so very much like mainstream media and so I would love to read your research or at least know what to search to broaden my knowledge
Hi Annie, thanks for your response. It's hard to trawl through so much stuff so here is a little -
One very reliable and impartial source is royal biographer (and Harry's biographer) Penny Junor. She has written a very good piece on the recent crisis in the DM which is well worth reading.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...struction.html

I have relied a lot on her over the years as she is 'in' with all the Palace aides who brief her and she has commented a lot on Meghan and Harry since their engagement in TV interviews and the press. She doesn't mince her words but does it in a way which is trying to help the couple, as such.

Another I have always admired is Diana's old confidant, royal photographer Arthur Edwards. Diana and the boys adored him. There is an utube video I'd love you to see where he gets quite emotional about the recent crisis and Meghans influence on Harry (I can't access utube right now and can't post the link so see below...) Its quite long but please stick with it when you have time and let me know what you think).

Utube:
Royal photographer Arthur Edwards reveals all on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quitting the royals.

Those 2 speak plainly and honestly, tell it as it is, but with obvious care and affection. That is why they have been my go - to's over the years.

Others include Richard Kay and Dickie Arbiter.

These 4 have basically had the same criticisms and praises too for Meghan over the last number of years.

There are more and so much more to google, and really you can tell by the tone and their credentials what is honest criticism and what is just salacious gossip.
I hope this helps!

Last edited by jet; 13-01-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:27 AM #561

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
The Mail actually write pretty balanced articles about Meghan and Harry. I've read glowing ones as well as critical. As with all papers I read, you get to know through time which authors are authentic and which are just gossip mongering.
It doesn't really say it all. Comments in any online paper are vicious, depending which side you are on. Vicious as they are, there is often a grain of truth to them but put out in a horrible way. That's social media for you....

Last edited by jet; 13-01-2020 at 01:13 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:45 AM #562

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

What has really angered me with this crisis is the way they ignored the Queens request not to put anything out publicly until it was talked through, then they went ahead and did it anyway, giving her 10 minutes notice.
The disrespect for the Queen is astounding.
She is 93 years old, her beloved husband is in very bad health and just out of hospital, and she has just been throught the wringer with the Andrew saga.
Couldn't they have waited, what is the rush? How inconsiderate, thoughless and selfish are these two self absorbed, woe is me brats?
Disgusting.

But its par for the course. She stands there in South Africa where the people suffer terrible hardship and poverty and where young girls are raped in there hundreds daily and when interviewed complained and whined about how hard their mega privileged lives are (boo hoo) and its not enough to survive, you need to thrive (boo hoo). Her self absorbed me me me self didn't even grasp the irony.

Last edited by jet; 13-01-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 04:41 AM #563
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it was heart breaking to see that the scars are still so raw with Harry...not only saying that most of what is written is untrue, but that he ‘didn’t want a repeat of the past’ and wouldn’t be bullied into going down that same road.....it’s easy to see why they’re making the decision that they have...
Old 13-01-2020, 06:07 AM #564
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I hoped Diana was a lesson to them but it looks like it's same old, same old
I agree, I remember there was a mock up of a agony aunt letter printed in the sun newspaper I think when Charles and di split. I'll see if I can find it, it was revolting, and just goes to show that even if you are initially loved by the nation if you upset 'the firm' as the royals are referred to then you will be destroyed.
Meghan wasn't even liked initially so the backlash for her to this action by Harry is going to be brutal.
Old 13-01-2020, 06:55 AM #565
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Social media trolls say it all ..lol

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 13-01-2020, 07:04 AM #566
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the truth is that none of it says it all...it all just says some of it and so much will play a part in a decision that they’ve both made because they feel it’s the best decision for their family right now...one thing I think that is for sure though...Harry is deeply scarred by past things his mother went through and by her early death, obviously...and he’s fiercely protecting the people he loves, I wish them all as much happiness as they can possible have in their lives......
Old 13-01-2020, 07:15 AM #567
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...the truth is that none of it says it all...it all just says some of it and so much will play a part in a decision that they’ve both made because they feel it’s the best decision for their family right now...one thing I think that is for sure though...Harry is deeply scarred by past things his mother went through and by her early death, obviously...and he’s fiercely protecting the people he loves, I wish them all as much happiness as they can possible have in their lives......
It won’t work,reality is that they come from totally different life styles.

Megan will be back in here comfort zone and Harry will be a fish out of water.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:24 AM #568
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...let them try and fail, rather than never have tried at all...I’m sure there's a saying/..or should be...this is a path that they’ve decided to walk together because other paths haven’t felt right for them...if they fall, they fall together...and we only stand in life because we fall.../..Batman philosophy...
Old 13-01-2020, 07:32 AM #569
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
...let them try and fail, rather than never have tried at all...I’m sure there's a saying/..or should be...this is a path that they’ve decided to walk together because other paths haven’t felt right for them...if they fall, they fall together...and we only stand in life because we fall.../..Batman philosophy...
Nothing I say will stop them trying.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:39 AM #570
-

-

The royals cacking their pants over the idea that Harry might spill their dirty secrets, and bullying/blackmailing them into staying?

Says it all really.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-01-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:54 AM #571
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely no on pe the thread has said they don’t want them to go, I sincerely doubt they will have any issue making cash, the issue is with how they have gone about it

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 13-01-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old 13-01-2020, 08:11 AM #572

More Piers faux-outrage this morning.
Old 13-01-2020, 08:14 AM #573

Paul Burrell being a GMB spokesperson.
Old 13-01-2020, 08:28 AM #574
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The royals cacking their pants over the idea that Harry might spill their dirty secrets, and bullying/blackmailing them into staying?

Says it all really.
Isn’t it the other way around? It was Tom Bradbury, Harrys close pal who alluded to this

Old 13-01-2020, 08:41 AM #575

Quote:
It's hard not to connect Meghan in all this. She cut her father and family out of her life, she cut many former friends out of her life, she sent back her wedding ring by post to her ex husband, much to his dismay, she cut off many of Harrys friends, now I suspect she is cutting Harry off from his family. There is a pattern there.
The woman is trouble and it seems she can't keep relationships going. She gushes over the likes of the Clooneys and the Beckhams and Oprah as her new found buddies and advisors - but are they really her friends or just want to be associated with royalty? They were all at her wedding though she hardly knew them then while her old friends and Harry's were cast off. And will Harry adapt to that kind of life - Harry who said in the past he hated being thought of as a celebrity, all he wanted was to support his beloved grandmother.
Meghan will thrive and what is Harry going to do - trail after her round the glossy galas and celeb circuit and be overshadowed by her? He's not as savvy or as intelligent as she is, he's been in the royal bubble all his life...and those that know him well say he is a very sensitive and emotional guy whose heart rules his head.
This won't end well.
Oh my god what a load of baloney. You do realise they're real people? Three dimensional people, not characters in a movie? You get that, right?

Poor Harry Windsor not intelligent or savvy enough. Bless him.

Quote:
I've seen her in interviews blatantly lying through her teeth. I don't have time for that ****e.
I research and believe what has stood the test of time as true or not and the voice of long time royal commentators who have proved reliable and accurate over many years. Look them up and read what they have to say over the Meghan years if you want a proper education on the negative side of Markle - her mad ambition and attenion seeking, her lies, her coldness, her total self absorption, her poor me victim tricks, her casting off of anyone who is no longer useful
So nothing substantial or factual then?

You saw her lie in an interview because you're more intelligent than poor naive Harry?

Quote:
I've done my research so I can speak with knowledge
Your "knowledge" consists of pretending you know them as people behind closed doors, have any idea of their marriage, assumed you know her more than Harry, that your more intelligent than Harry for knowing this woman more than him despite having never met his wife and mother of his child and judged her based on tabloid stories about her first marriage and subsequent divorce. Ridiculous.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped