Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2020, 01:58 PM #1176
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yes, all mothers are allowed to touch their stomach, royal or not.

Just for clarity.
That wasn't a dig at you, that was those newspaper articles implying something sinister was going on because Meghan touched her pregnant belly

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:58 PM #1177

Quote:
You were responding to me when you said those things. I never said anything like that. So why include them in your post Marshy?
Because our conversation was as follows....

Quote:
She's being built up into some kind of saint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yes, imagining she's not the Devil incarnate makes her a saint. Obviously.
Quote:
Oh yes, because if you don't think she's a saint, you must think she's the devil incarnate....
Quote:
Well, thinking every tiny little thing she does is a manipulative endeavour is not far off.

This is the woman who can't close a car door or touch her stomach without it being some massive ploy to destroy the Royal family.
Quote:
I'd like you to quote the posts where I've said any of those things.
At no point did I mention or accuse you of anything personally. I responded to your initial point of her "being built into some kind of saint" to which I replied that she's been built into some kind of devil who has mind control over Harry, so simply defending her is not making her a saint.

Last edited by Marsh.; 21-01-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:59 PM #1178

Quote:
I don't wish her ill, I will her well, and her family.... but they've decided they don't want the job... so just go.
She has gone. You assume she has control over what The Sun sticks on its front page?
Old 21-01-2020, 02:00 PM #1179
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Because our conversation was as follows....

At no point did I mention or accuse you of anything personally. I responded to your initial point of her "being built into some kind of saint" to which I replied that she's been built into some kind of devil who has mind control over Harry, so simply defending her is not making her a saint.
Marshy, this is tiresome now. I hate it when a conversation is reduced to semantics. So I'm going out with my baby to walk the dog. No ulterior motive.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:01 PM #1180

Quote:
Marshy, this is tiresome now. I hate it when a conversation is reduced to semantics.
It's not about semantics Livia. I didn't accuse you of anything as our conversation wasn't about you.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:02 PM #1181

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Mother in ‘smiles on walk with her dogs and baby’ shock
Old 21-01-2020, 02:02 PM #1182
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Mother in ‘smiles on walk with her dogs and baby’ shock

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:06 PM #1183
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Reduced to semantics...Is that like saying you don't like someone's reasoning behind the words they used explained to you?

Because sometimes that's very beneficial in a conversation, expecially if the meaning is not clear or misunderstood.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:53 PM #1184
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/royal...cid=spartanntp

oh dear

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a warning over continued harassment by paparazzi photographers as they start their new life in Canada out of the spotlight.
It comes after images of Meghan were published in the media showing her taking a stroll through a public park on Vancouver Island.
The duchess can be seen smiling as she walks along with Archie and her two dogs.

Lawyers for the couple claim these were taken without her consent - and that the photographer was hiding in the bushes and spying on her.
They also claim there were previous attempts to photograph them inside their home using long range lenses and that paparazzi were permanently camped outside their home

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 21-01-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:55 PM #1185
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Maybe she was smiling because it wasn't a pap but a member of the public, who then sold the pic?
Lawyers for the couple claim these were taken without her consent - and that the photographer was hiding in the bushes and spying on her.
They also claim there were previous attempts to photograph them inside their home using long range lenses and that paparazzi were permanently camped outside their home

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-01-2020, 02:56 PM #1186

Quote:
#Intrusion
Old 21-01-2020, 02:57 PM #1187
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

When I saw the photos in that article this morning, I have never seen any Royals photographed in that way since Diana died.

Old 21-01-2020, 03:06 PM #1188

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
There's a difference between having a reason to hate someone and twisting yourself in knots to create one.

You could literally apply your logic to anyone. 'Nobody can ever reveal how much they are hurting because there's people in Africa starving!' It's such a toxic mindset to have. We encourage people to be open with their feelings and any issues relating to mental health and then people like you use it as an excuse to bash someone they dislike.
You really don't get it, do you? They could have expressed their hurt anytime....but they chose to do it at the end of a tour in which they met people who had lost loved ones through terrible poverty and disease and highlighted the rape of young girls on daily basis. A genuinely compassionate person would have thought "After what I have seen and learned, its put my problems into perspective, no way can I whine about them in this documentary".
But they were so self - absorbed they did just that.
If you don't see anything wrong with that, you have a problem.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:14 PM #1189

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
you're trying to make out that people with money aren't allowed to feel pain like the rest of us.
No, thats you trying to make out I think that, with no basis for it whatsoever.
The leaps you take regularly are so preposterous they are laughable.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:17 PM #1190
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You really don't get it, do you? They could have expressed their hurt anytime....but they chose to do it at the end of a tour in which they met people who had lost loved ones through terrible poverty and disease and highlighted the rape of young girls on daily basis. A genuinely compassionate person would have thought "After what I have seen and learned, its put my problems into perspective, no way can I whine about them in this documentary".
'If you don't see things from my perspective, you have a problem.'

Charming.

I don't think you can claim compassion when you're essentially using these people as tools to beat Meghan with.

At the end of the day, the documentary was about Harry and Meghan, it wouldn't have been made and if it had, people wouldn't have watched it. What they did was put a focus on Harry and Meghan because that's what people tuned in to see but they also shone light on the plight of these people and now people have heard their stories when they wouldn't have cared before.

It's the same with any documentary about humanitarian issues, there's always a notable figure or celebrity at the forefront to get people to tune in.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:18 PM #1191

Quote:
Now you see, I'm not 100% sure that it is self-absorption Jet. I know there are horrors in the world, I have seen some first hand and others I have seen on TV reports but it doesn't lessen my problems any. I think that they knew that this divorce from the family was coming when that documentary was made and they were using it as a vehicle to tell people how they were struggling and to say that its ok if you have problems - someone will always have it worse, it doesn't mean your struggles are any less real and difficult for you, however much of a privileged background you come from, your problems are your problems and knowing people have worse doesn't stop you feeling your own pain.

Being told to "put up and shut up" because they are rich and live a lifestyle that most people can't dream about will only compound and impact on mental health issues as they feel they can't say how they are feeling.

I feel for them but I fear because of all the media frenzy, things are going to get an awful lot worse for them before they start to get better.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:26 PM #1192

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How do I know Harry has made this choice and has wanted it for a long time?

The words out of his own mouth.
But he never left, did he? He could have gone off to his beloved S. Africa with Chelsy Davy (who came from there) when she turned him down because she didn't want to become part of the royal family and was going back home.
How do you know Meghan didn't coerce him into leaving, how do you know he isn't just doing it because she wants it? Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, but you are the one who goes on and on about factual evidence and Harry saying something isn't it.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:33 PM #1193

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
When we're discussing Harry's own actions, decisions and motivations then the words from his own mouth are worth 100% more than the words of gossip-mongers and cheap rags.
Of course they are worth more, but really, Harry says what he wants us to hear, are you that naive? It might be the truth, it might not, it might be somewhere in between....and you need to stop reading cheap rags and listening to gossip mongers, I don't.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:33 PM #1194
Banned

Banned

Quote:
But he never left, did he? He could have gone off to his beloved S. Africa with Chelsy Davy (who came from there) when she turned him down because she didn't want to become part of the royal family and was going back home.
How do you know Meghan didn't coerce him into leaving, how do you know he isn't just doing it because she wants it? Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, but you are the one who goes on and on about factual evidence and Harry saying something isn't it.
Maybe because he thought he had to grin and bare it? Maybe because he didn't think there was any other choice? Maybe it was his child being born that had an impact on his decision. There's a lot of reasons why it might have taken him this long to make this decision.

His own words hold more weight than the gossip rags you believe are gospel purely because they reinforce your beliefs whether they're true or not.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-01-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:36 PM #1195
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I don't get why some commentators in the media seem to think this has "big implications" for the future of the Royal Family? Prince Harry was almost certainly never going to take the throne, not unless several other people died first, so surely it doesn't matter in the long run?

Old 21-01-2020, 03:38 PM #1196
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe because he thought he had to grin and bare it? Maybe because he didn't think there was any other choice? Maybe it was his child being born that had an impact on his decision. There's a lot of reasons why it might have taken him this long to make this decision.

His own words hold more weight than the gossip rags you believe are gospel purely because they reinforce your beliefs whether they're true or not.
Our hope was to continue serving the queen, the Commonwealth and my military associations without public funding. Sadly that wasn’t possible,” the prince, the sixth-in-line to the throne,

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUKKBN1ZI0TF

In his own words he didn't particularly want to give up all things Royal, just the bits he didn't want to do

Old 21-01-2020, 03:39 PM #1197

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Once again, as I have stated many times, I don't read gossip rags. Do you just decide what someone does in your head and that becomes your own truth? Bizarre.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:39 PM #1198

Quote:
Of course they are worth more, but really, Harry says what he wants us to hear, are you that naive? It might be the truth, it might not, it might be somewhere in between....and you need to stop reading cheap rags and listening to gossip mongers, I don't.
To be fair though Jet - these are Harry's words. He is very much his own man in his last speech went against the Palace statement to some extent - I know you have researched and are likely to believe the Royal Correspondents and their views - but they are only the mouth piece of whichever Palace they tend to represent and are biased in their reporting too.

The truth is, we will never know the full and true reasons behind the decision to quit Royal life
Old 21-01-2020, 03:42 PM #1199
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I don't get why some commentators in the media seem to think this has "big implications" for the future of the Royal Family? Prince Harry was almost certainly never going to take the throne, not unless several other people died first, so surely it doesn't matter in the long run?
He's the first royal to totally jack it in since it became a "celebrity thing" rather than an "official thing"... They're probably worried about it setting a precedent for future generations (Li'l George and beyond) wanting a lot more individual freedom and being more inclined to step away.

Though of course, actual direct heirs to the throne have turned it down in the past so it's hardly a new thing.
Old 21-01-2020, 03:58 PM #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

She looked quite happy having itaken....smiling at the cameras. She’s sending a message...it’s so obvious.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped