*One of the two main suspects in the farmhouse family mystery appeared in court in Assen on Tuesday for the first procedural hearing in the case.Josef B, the Austrian odd jobs man who rented the farmhouse on behalf of the family and is suspected of kidnapping and money laundering was in court to hear the charges against him and to hear details of the investigation. He was remanded in custody until the main case takes place later this year.‘I have robbed no-one of their freedom,’ B said in court. ‘This is a witch hunt. If someone believes in god, surely that is their own decision.’B said nothing of the case as it has been reported so far is true. ‘There was no cellar and no-one was kept there against their will,’ he said.Gerrit Jan van D, the father of the six youngsters, is not well enough to talk and remains in prison hospital in Scheveningen.The family were discovered in early October when one youngster went to the local bar, appealing for help.*
read more at
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/0...osecutor-says/