Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-02-2020, 09:17 AM #226

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
we all saw the threads here last year when no-one had a good word to say for her ... i will leave it at that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh aye, people condemning her for assault definitely means they can’t feel sorrow for a troubled woman feeling the need to end her own life
Yeah... what a bizarre and vindictive thing to say
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:19 AM #227

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
we all saw the threads here last year when no-one had a good word to say for her ... i will leave it at that
FFS how exactly can people defend assault ??, if she beat her partner to the point where police got involved then it's wrong. Obviously people will drag her for that , are you saying everyone should of been sympathetic just to her??? .
Old 16-02-2020, 09:20 AM #228
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
She had assaulted someone at the time, beyond that she has always been well liked on here. I remember several members of the forum rooting for her on Strictly also.
Old 16-02-2020, 09:20 AM #229
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan View Post
I think in this case though it's the media and so called journalists whi have blood on their hands by not allowing her to move on and was still making nasty stories about her hours before her death and then the CPS still wanting her to be prosecuted when she was at her lowest even though the person who the charges were against made it clear he would press charges and wouldnt cooperate with them.
...I honestly, completely understand how you feel about this .....but I just think it’s being ‘simplified’ because of what we know...but there are huge complexities to what we don’t know...maybe I’m feeling like that because of my own experience of someone I know, having taken her life...and the complexities that were involved that a ‘wider knowledge’ would not be so aware of...the tabloid media are awful, they’ve always been awful...but then we as the public ‘buy into that awFul’ with every bit of interest and debate etc, we have with their awful headlines...so how far does that ‘blood on their hands..’...extend, is the thing to think of as well...

...I understand also with the CPS...but obviously her boyfriend and the victim of the assault was emotionally involved ...and it’s for the CPS to make decisions that may go against a wish, he had...but they felt it was the right one ‘in protection of...’...you know...because there are so many potential ‘outcomes’ to situations that they have to consider as well...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:33 AM #230
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I honestly, completely understand how you feel about this .....but I just think it’s being ‘simplified’ because of what we know...but there are huge complexities to what we don’t know...maybe I’m feeling like that because of my own experience of someone I know, having taken her life...and the complexities that were involved that a ‘wider knowledge’ would not be so aware of...the tabloid media are awful, they’ve always been awful...but then we as the public ‘buy into that awFul’ with every bit of interest and debate etc, we have with their awful headlines...so how far does that ‘blood on their hands..’...extend, is the thing to think of as well...

...I understand also with the CPS...but obviously her boyfriend and the victim of the assault was emotionally involved ...and it’s for the CPS to make decisions that may go against a wish, he had...but they felt it was the right one ‘in protection of...’...you know...because there are so many potential ‘outcomes’ to situations that they have to consider as well...
Om the CPS I dont think it's always in the best interest for a prison sentence especially when the accused is not mentally well, it think there are other ways they could have helped instead of pushing for a prison sentence or at least telling her that was the plan when she clearly wasnt in a fit mental state.

Also I'm sure I read she has had suicidal thoughts in the past before the whole assault thing kicked off so I do think she has been failed on a whole by everyone as in some cases it's easier to suffer then ask for help

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:38 AM #231

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

I think going to court could have been really good her her, she was clearly in a a very dark place, they could have very easily offered her the counselling and help she needed.

I’ve found her death much sadder than I thought I would, at one stage she was my favourite tv presenter, her energy and her spirit were infectious and everything she was on, she made it shine with her personality, even that disastrous series of X Factor, her being there made it work more than it should have, to very publicly see her slide into darkness shows how devastating mental health issues are, it’s sad that such a lovely woman felt there was no helping her.
Old 16-02-2020, 09:42 AM #232
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Another sad thing is how she put so much trust into Dan Wootton for him to then lead a charge of bullying against her then he had the audacity to make out he is very sad about her death same with Piers Morgan

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:50 AM #233
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Om the CPS I dont think it's always in the best interest for a prison sentence especially when the accused is not mentally well, it think there are other ways they could have helped instead of pushing for a prison sentence or at least telling her that was the plan when she clearly wasnt in a fit mental state.

Also I'm sure I read she has had suicidal thoughts in the past before the whole assault thing kicked off so I do think she has been failed on a whole by everyone as in some cases it's easier to suffer then ask for help
...I think that looking at areas, which could be improved...does not always mean, laying blame though...although sometimes, that might apply, it doesn’t always...it’s about learning from things also and trying to apply to apply that learning ...the understanding of mental health issues is not always there...plus there is generally a lack of resources in mental health care.../..per ratio of those who are being diagnosed with mental health concerns...

....everything about Caroline’s situation was ‘high risk’ I would say...Sadly I don’t know if there will ever be the resources to apply to those high risk situations, which should be...I fear not...
Old 16-02-2020, 09:50 AM #234

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Another sad thing is how she put so much trust into Dan Wootton for him to then lead a charge of bullying against her then he had the audacity to make out he is very sad about her death same with Piers Morgan
Dan Wooton is a slimy goblin ,why do people still give him the time of day .

Everything about him infuriates me, from his voice to how he sits like a greasy sack of potatoes with that stupid smile on his face .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 16-02-2020 at 09:50 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:50 AM #235

Quote:

She can do that
nothing wrong with that.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:17 AM #236
You know my methods

You know my methods

Unhappy

Perhaps had she not chosen to go down the fame route she would still have ended up with way just with her social life and group of friends as the vast mjority of people who take their lives do

dont forget that the day she killed herself so did 15 others in the UK, today 16 will kill themselves and tomorrow and the next day and every day this year.

People always look to blame something, its natural.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:45 AM #237
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Its funny how people on twitter have suddenly become her biggest fan.. the fakery is too much

people can point the finger at whoever they like, but she must've had some pretty big demons over her shoulder to do something like this.

We cant say ITV didnt give her the support she needed because nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.. I do think the papers need to take this as a lesson though, they've been constantly adding fuel to the fire over this and all these people online now posting about mental illness and "rip caroline" etc are all the ones who probably read these news stories in the first place and made judgements against her. Those people are suffering from a guilty conscience now it seems..

either way its very shocking and sad and whatever way you might have felt about her its still very upsetting

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:13 AM #238
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
The Sun has removed an article about a “brutal” Valentine’s Day card mocking the deceased former Love Island presenter Caroline Flack from its website.

The story highlighted a card featuring a drawing of the presenter with a message saying “I’ll ****ing lamp you” but it was removed from the website and replaced with a legal warning, amid concerns about how the media handled coverage of her arrest.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...k-from-website

Papers like the Scum and online trolls have blood on their hands
The Scum (good nickname btw) are a cold hearted Newspaper, if Rupert Murdoch was to ever read your post he'd probably be happy at the fact that his Newspaper is getting talked about rather than someone's been hounded to the point of killing herself.

Murdoch and his Media outlets are the most loathsome News outlets in the UK imo, I'd even take The Daily Mail before that slimy bastard.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:21 AM #239

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

As a forum I think we were all too quick to believe what newspapers were saying and we did point fingers and say not so nice things. But we never knew the true story and headlines were maybe misleading us who knows. I was one of the ones that said caroline should be punished as if it were the other way a man would be. Regardless of what happened this outcome is awful

We still dont know the full story but for the caroline we knew before it all she seemed a lovely and funny woman. She will be missed. Rip caroline x
Old 16-02-2020, 11:27 AM #240

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
Its funny how people on twitter have suddenly become her biggest fan.. the fakery is too much

people can point the finger at whoever they like, but she must've had some pretty big demons over her shoulder to do something like this.

We cant say ITV didnt give her the support she needed because nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.. I do think the papers need to take this as a lesson though, they've been constantly adding fuel to the fire over this and all these people online now posting about mental illness and "rip caroline" etc are all the ones who probably read these news stories in the first place and made judgements against her. Those people are suffering from a guilty conscience now it seems..

either way its very shocking and sad and whatever way you might have felt about her its still very upsetting
Of course it's tragic , I was never a Caroline flack or a Amy Winehouse fan but I can still acknowledge that it's unpleasant situations.

People like Dan Wooton are the fake ones , he talks so much garbage on everyone. He's a greasy mouldy potato.

But we all judge people due to their actions . Nobody is exempt from criticism, and the recent assault drama was obviously going to divide opinion on Caroline.

Jade Goody was one the most hated women in Britain back in CBB,then when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer people felt bad for her and stopped hating on her.

You have to remember that public opinions change more times than the wind , people are fickle that's life.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 16-02-2020 at 11:29 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:28 AM #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post
As a forum I think we were all too quick to believe what newspapers were saying and we did point fingers and say not so nice things. But we never knew the true story and headlines were maybe misleading us who knows. I was one of the ones that said caroline should be punished as if it were the other way a man would be. Regardless of what happened this outcome is awful

We still dont know the full story but for the caroline we knew before it all she seemed a lovely and funny woman. She will be missed. Rip caroline x

Sod the Papers
it went to Court was on Every TV show and News
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:29 AM #242
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post

...it’s kind of a mixed thing though, I think, Jake...a huge part of the forum that we are is that we discuss and debate and argue over etc......these stories...if we took that bit away...?...we would be taking away a large piece of what makes us, us...
Old 16-02-2020, 11:33 AM #243

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

But obviously things get discussed usually the big headlines, we don't know the full story but we still form opinions and make judgements.it's not always hate .

Do I have to bring up MJ , plenty still think he was guilty . In death people will still discuss your scandals & issues .
Old 16-02-2020, 11:48 AM #244
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Perhaps had she not chosen to go down the fame route she would still have ended up with way just with her social life and group of friends as the vast mjority of people who take their lives do

dont forget that the day she killed herself so did 15 others in the UK, today 16 will kill themselves and tomorrow and the next day and every day this year.

People always look to blame something, its natural.
And correct. Usually it is other people and their hateful words that are responsible. So no good shifting the blame.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:51 AM #245

Default Caroline Flack found Dead

The real shame is that when she really needed help and reached out to a friend for help ..that person, for whatever reason told her she was ‘draining’ ... that’s sad.

I would imagine that person will keep that ‘moment’ to themselves and we will never know who it was . Probably for the best as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 16-02-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:52 AM #246

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
And the vultures like Dan Wootton talking about his own ****ing heartbreak over it when his entire ****ing career is built on ruining people's lives. It's bloody shameful.
I went right off him when he was slandering Michael Jackson saying he was guilty with no proof at all, awful bloody man.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:55 AM #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
The real shame is that when she really needed help and reached out to a friend for help ..that person, for whatever reason told her she was ‘draining’ ... that’s sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is something that person will have to live with but in all honesty thats human nature too. I have a friend who is always down, no matter how many good things happen in her life she spins it to a negative. It is draining always trying to pick her up. Maybe whoever Caroline reached out to had their own problems too....
Old 16-02-2020, 11:55 AM #248

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
But obviously things get discussed usually the big headlines, we don't know the full story but we still form opinions and make judgements.it's not always hate .

Do I have to bring up MJ , plenty still think he was guilty . In death people will still discuss your scandals & issues .
Yes ,people were happy to read all the salacious stuff but not the other side, the tabloids were vile to MJ , no denying that , poor guy couldn't breath for them, the child abuse must have been nectar to them ,bloody leeches, as for Caroline,they really gunned for her aswell, they really do need to stop and think what they are doing to people.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 16-02-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 12:37 PM #249
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

I woke up forgetting about this until I checked my phone and was reminded of the news. I’m still so saddened by this.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 12:42 PM #250
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
I woke up forgetting about this until I checked my phone and was reminded of the news. I’m still so saddened by this.
She was on my mind all day yesterday. I couldn't even sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
40, age, breaking, caroline, dead, flack, found