Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 13-02-2020, 02:19 AM #326
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

The trademark Edge of Extinction closeup confessionals are back
Old 13-02-2020, 02:31 AM #327
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Seeing these fire tokens on the show sucks already. :/ Not only does it ruin the game (players will get screwed over by eliminated players from EOE) but it ruins the episode with tooooo much EOE/advantage content too.
Old 13-02-2020, 02:40 AM #328
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

BUT it does give Sandra her first idol thooooooooooooooo
Old 13-02-2020, 02:47 AM #329
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

WOW this premiere is so messy to me!

It's actually been preeetty boring throughout
Old 13-02-2020, 02:58 AM #330
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Tony SHINED. Meh @ most of the rest of that premiere ngl
Old 13-02-2020, 06:03 AM #331
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Fitzgerald hive assemble! We eatin' tonight!

#WincheleAtWar #StillControverchele #OneConfessionchele #BroSheKnows #BunchOfMalarkey #SheFitzTheBill #ProofThatJerseyActuallyWins #EndedJeffsCareer

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 06:04 AM #332
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

(the premiere was... a two-hour premiere with two boots and Edge of Extinction and fire tokens and Danni Boatwright falling right out of boats and Boston Rob reading a script for all of his confessionals. It was fine. These were the two boots that I'd spoiled myself for beforehand, so I look forward to going into the rest of the season more or less spoiler-free!)

Spoiler:

Old 13-02-2020, 11:46 AM #333
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

That was an exciting and strong premiere episode, and I'm looking forward to what happens next. I have a feeling this season will end up being like Heroes vs Villains (one of the best) or Game-Changers (good start but ultimately crap as episodes go by). Here's to hoping it's the former.

I'm definitely not mad at Edge of Extinction thus far (though, I'm yet to actually watch that season so not aware of its impact)—if it means we get a bunch of solo scenes of Natalie climbing literal mountains for something as absurd as fire tokens, then I'm definitely okay with that for now. However, that is somewhat subjective as if it was someone I didn't like so much...I probably wouldn't care, lmao. It did all get a bit much when Sandra randomly pulled out an idol from her bag. I completely misunderstood what Natalie was actually searching for and how it would impact the game, so I'm waiting for it to get even more confusing.

As far as the alliances go, I still don't really know what the Sele dynamics are and who I support, but I guess this meant they were more fun to watch. Rob and Parvati working together's fine as they balance each other out, Denise and Adam are okay albeit bland, and Jeremy/Michele/Natalie was a good but short-lived trifecta—but I guess the game will have to go on for me to have an understanding of the relationships in that particular tribe. Ben's getting on my nerves already. I get his hapless gameplay can appeal to some people, but he's really irritating and I am NOT happy he threw Danni (queen of throwing Boston Rob's name out there) under the bus. Ethan was actually quite irritating too with his roaring during the immunity challenge.

Dakal was okay to watch. I am all for Tony and Sandra working together as I really like them both, and I'm fine with how things are at the moment. I don't care for Amber, Kim or Tyson too much, but I would've have preferred either Kim or Tyson to go over Amber..out of the three I was hoping to see Amber a little more and watch her develop as a character/gameplayer. Also, I'm shocked I am saying this because I was never a fan of his, but I'm ready for a potential Yul resurgence. I like that he wanted to work with Sophie (who is still fab), but it does give Becky/Yul vibes so I'm hoping Sophie doesn't fall too hard for that.

So yeah, just waiting to see what happens but happy with last night's episode The champagne toast was so extra, js.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 01:10 PM #334
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ben proving exactly why he didn't deserve to win his original season and why he does not deserve a place in this cast amongst great players. Really hope he's out soon.

Sucks we've lost two females already, especially when the alternatives were Adam & Tyson. Particularly sad to see Natalie out first But hopefully she will return for a future season and join the two-time winners club now that her threat level has basically been wiped. Not too sure why they chose to vote her out though when she was clearly the strongest female on the tribe challenge-wise.

Sandra somehow heading another majority alliance <333 And an idol too <3 Queen stays Queen!
Old 13-02-2020, 02:30 PM #335

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I really enjoyed the episode. I was apprehensive about the style of narrative for this season because I remember hating Cambodia for how nerdy and gamebotty it became. I'm hoping this season will be slightly more chaotic and unhinged because it will get really sour if we're left with too many of the more level-headed winners going into the merge.

I like the fire tokens twist so far but I'm worried about the consequences involved with the natural trajectory of people accumulating more tokens as the number of castaways dwindle. I don't want to be going into the F8 tribal council with a Steal-a-vote, legacy advantage, 4 HIIs and an idol nullifier still in play. HOWEVER... I'm going to reserve judgement on this until we cross that bridge. It seems interesting for now!

Oddly enough, there's not one tribe that sticks out to me as stronger in terms of likability/tribe dynamics. Ben is proving to be a worthless edition due to his incapacity to keep a secret and I did infact die inside when he spillT the beans to Rob and accredited that to being "starstruck". It showed he has no place in this cast BUT alternatively exhibits an interesting dynamic that exists between some newer winners and the older icons. I love the possibility of Ethan, Danni, Rob and Parvati working together but that won't last. Danni won't let Rob survive much longer and Parvati is in danger of being brought down with him.

As for the other tribe... #PokerAlliance is the hashtag of the episode? I didn't expect Kim to flounder so embarrassingly after her stern and dominating performance in One World. Much to my own disbelief I am actually rooting for and enjoying the alliance of Sophie, Wendell and Yul. Not a fan of Nick being part of it too but I guess he can stay because he's ultimately irrelevant. Sandra proving why she's the best of the best already with her cunning and conniving style of gameplay. Getting rid of Amber was totally her idea and everyone just went along with it, so props to Sandra for doing the damn thing... again!

I think Jeremy will go far now that he's overcome his first obstacle in Natalie's blindside. I also think Michele will fly under the radar for most of the season until one tight alliance remains and she finds herself not being able to be dragged any further. Also, I think Sophie, Yul and Ethan got really good edits so I would be surprised to see them leave any time soon. As for who's in danger... I think it could go either way with players like Adam, Denise and Kim. But I'm almost certain that Rob, Parvati and Tyson are gone pre-merge based on the fact that a lot of the cast seems incredibly standoffish with them.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 04:03 PM #336
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

i feel SICK
Old 13-02-2020, 05:33 PM #337
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

Is there somewhere I can watch this online for free??
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 06:02 PM #338
nope

nope

I did enjoy the premiere episode, it's weird having only watched about half of the winners seasons but interesting. I was sad to see Natalie be the first as she's my favourite
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 04:35 AM #339
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

This episode sinks in a bit better afterwards but I still found the vibe a bit weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
#ProofThatJerseyActuallyWins
Old 14-02-2020, 05:09 AM #340
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Yeah the premiere was a bit meh. I actually kinda like the middle alliance on red team of Sophie, yul, Wendell and nick; just an alliance I never saw coming or thought I would support as I always found most of them meh winners.

Not really bothered about the first two boots as it’s both smart and stupid in a way to split up duos like amber/rob and Natalie/Jeremy: plus i never liked natalie in her season and found amber a meh winner

Still disappointed Kim seems to be struggling; she is arguable the best female winner in my view so was kinda sad seeing her like this... saying that I loved the montage of her being ignored and Sandra just laughing; Sandra and Tony really were hilarious

On the other side I quite like the old schoolers Alliance; but equally sorta like the new schoolers alliance minus Ben of course. I even found myself not minding Michelle and Denise

Anyway Ben or Sarah going next is best outcome. More danni as well

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 05:12 AM #341
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses View Post
Still disappointed Kim seems to be struggling; she is arguable the best female winner in my view so was kinda sad seeing her like this... saying that I loved the montage of her being ignored and Sandra just laughing; Sandra and Tony really were hilarious
The Kim struggling / Sandra just laughing were all hilarious to me

I reeeally need to see more of Tony & Sandra to make up for what was missed out on in Game Changers

Last edited by JerseyWins; 14-02-2020 at 05:12 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 07:05 AM #342
Nah

Nah

What a weird premiere, or is it just me?

Some thoughts:

-Jeff needs to chill tf out and stop being so extra all the time. Like, just shut up already!

-There is LITTERALLY NO survival element to the show anymore. The producers give them away fire, rice, bags, maps. WTF? I swear any of the action can happen on Big Brother and we won't see the difference.
I'm mad about it to be honest, the contestants don't seem to be hustling, struggling, be hungry or dirty. Look at what they looked like on tribal council: did the producers send them to local hairdressers and spa?
At least in the French version, they give them nothing except a little bit of rice. And for a long time, the contestants struggle to get fire, get to the water, get food, go fishing etc...

-You would think all winners would provide with good pre-tribal council talk. And then...nothing. They all look scared, they don't know what they are doing, they can't seem to think at all. As Parvati and Rob said, you would think they would be the biggest targets and yet almost no one said their names.

-Natalie and Amber being voted out is OK for me. They were fillers in the first place anyway only to make Sandra, Tony, Rob and Parvati shine.

-At the rate this is going, the "old school" people are not going anywhere anytime soon. Sandra, Tony, Rob, Parvati and Yul seem to be in a good position right now.

-I forgot how Tyson's voice was annoying. Get rid of him already.

-I loved watching Yul on his season, and I still love watching him now. What a growth and he's such a wise guy but managed to get into the game so quick and so well. I hope he does wonders.

-The fire tokens have to go asap, but I think it unfortunately is going to stay for more than 3 episodes.

-Sandra is still the queen, and I am howling everytime I hear her talk. An icon.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 02:40 PM #343
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

I'm going to disagree with everybody in this thread...

- I'm so happy Natalie was evicted. Anyone who suggests Adam should be voted out needs to GO.
- On that note, I can't wait to see Sandra's 'crown' taken off of her. She's just far too arrogant in such a tragic way to even begin to enjoy. I genuinely don't see how she's ever won before and why/how people align with her.
- Adam putting across the LOGICAL point that there are so many more connections that should be focused on rather than himself and Denise when they don't even know each other.
- Ben has soooo much potential. I love him already and I want a #Badam alliance.
- Natalie: "my physical strength is something I always rely on" yeah that's why you couldn't drag the ring to your pole TWICE
- Don't get the Tony or Boston Rob hype.

Last edited by caprimint; 14-02-2020 at 02:41 PM.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 01:05 AM #344
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Okay I'm screaming at this episode so far between Rob thinking Sandra could've given him the Fire Token and Ben coaching Denise to finding the HII
Old 20-02-2020, 01:10 AM #345
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Kim's entire edit so far is ROOOUGH

I love it tho She was fine first time around but she's a lot funnier/messier playing from the bottom with winners
Old 20-02-2020, 01:12 AM #346
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
- On that note, I can't wait to see Sandra's 'crown' taken off of her. She's just far too arrogant in such a tragic way to even begin to enjoy. I genuinely don't see how she's ever won before and why/how people align with her.
The crown's never getting taken off of her. She won twice and did not need an all winners season to do so. If you don't understand how she's ever won then you don't really understand Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
- Natalie: "my physical strength is something I always rely on" yeah that's why you couldn't drag the ring to your pole TWICE
Sele was entirely screwed because they were battling against the current. Her tribe was gonna lose no matter what.
Old 20-02-2020, 01:24 AM #347
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Tony is THE KING

What another great episode for him already
Old 20-02-2020, 01:32 AM #348
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

"One of them gots to go" Parvati
Old 20-02-2020, 02:00 AM #349
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Welp.... that was a WILD ending...

And totally unexpected from what I thought was going to happen, both from reading spoilers & from watching that TC

Highkey glad both Ben & Parvati stay and no-clue-what-she's-doing Danni went instead
Old 20-02-2020, 05:01 AM #350
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Survivor: War Against Women is really living up to its name so far!

Spoiler:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
40, allwinners, cast, leaked, rumoured, survivor, theme, war, winners