Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-02-2020, 10:13 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

As for settling in Canada, I’d bet a high stake that they have no intentions of staying there. They said they were going to divide their time between Canada and the UK - which was misleading bull**** as they have laid off all 15 of their UK staff and closed their Buck Palace office. They have a few engagements still to fulfil in the UK until sometime in March and then that’s it.

No, they will be off to LA celebrity land before too long, which I suspect has been Meghan’s plan for quite a while…...if not all along.
They will still be able to make millions with the help of their celebrity (ahem) ‘friends’ and their royal family connection but how long will that last in that fickle, shallow world? A few years?
That is her kind of life, but it isn’t Harry’s. He has given up so much. I wonder how he is going to fare? He'll get gigs talking about his mental health problems (they are already in talks with the bankers Goldman Sachs for those) until he really goes mental. Awful idea. Poor guy.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 10:42 PM #52
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Released their televised news of leaving the Royal family BEFORE telling the Queen and she found out about it 10 minutes BEFOREHAND?

Both those things can't be true.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 12:14 AM #53
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Released their televised news of leaving the Royal family BEFORE telling the Queen and she found out about it 10 minutes BEFOREHAND?

Both those things can't be true.
Actually Megan Markle is a demon from the quantum abyss where anything can be one, other, both or neither so I think you'll find that the queen both did and didn't know, thanks to that Markle succubus and her paradoxical gaslightling . We should have known all along that she was the sort of creature who would think nothing of defying the laws of spacetime to upset arr Liz.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 12:15 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Actually Megan Markle is a demon from the quantum abyss where anything can be one, other, both or neither so I think you'll find that the queen both did and didn't know, thanks to that Markle succubus and her paradoxical gaslightling . We should have known all along that she was the sort of creature who would think nothing of defying the laws of spacetime to upset arr Liz.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 12:22 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

But I'm disappointed in you, TS. I've just discovered that even you don't read posts properly.
Old 23-02-2020, 12:54 AM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I await accusations of suppositions and untruths as per usual even though most of what I post turns out to be true... I have good sources. No need to thank me...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...idden-21556151

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, the Duchess and Duke of Sussex, have released a bombshell new website statement and a royal expert claims there's an "odd" reference to minor royals such as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have further raised tensions with the Queen after being forced to abandon plans to market themselves as “Royal”.
In a move described as *“extraordinary” and “petulant”, the couple published complaints on their Sussex Royal website, which will have to be redesigned within weeks.

They questioned the power of the Queen and the Government, saying there is no legal case to stop them trading on the royal name abroad.

The statement read: “While there isn’t any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs in Spring 2020.”

The couple suggested they were being treated unfairly after the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William agreed to allow them to leave The Firm.

As big banks and corporations queue up to work with them, they have been told to prove they can make it work while not profiting off the royal brand.

In what is also being seen as a “highly inflammatory” move, Harry and Meghan *insisted they will *continue to receive taxpayer-funded security despite no deal being reached between the UK and Canada, where they are currently living with son Archie.

The statement read: “While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the *institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month *review period has been put in place.”

A royal source said: “It’s pretty clear they are referencing minor royals such as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, which is an odd association to make for two people whose associates were once claiming they had single-*handedly modernised the monarchy.”

On security, they suggested they would demand round-the-clock protection paid for by the public, owing to, “The Duke’s public profile by virtue of being born into The Royal Family, his military *service, the Duchess’ own independent profile, and the shared threat”.
A royal source said: “We’re witnessing a quite extraordinary turn of events.

“The British people will not stand for two *multi-millionaires demanding taxpayer funds after abandoning the country they should be serving.

“The latest series of comments published on the Sussexes’ website comes across as *extremely petulant and has caused a great deal of alarm inside the palace.

“This is further evidence of Harry and Meghan further ostracising *themselves from the family rather
than building bridges.”

Harry and Meghan defied the Queen on January 8 by releasing a statement on Instagram announcing they were to “step back” as senior members of the royal family.

They intended to move to North America and trade on their royal *connections to make money in the
corporate world, while setting up a charitable vehicle and *carrying out small roles for the Queen – but they were told there could be no “halfway house”.

The couple have spent thousands trademarking Sussex Royal items and marketing their website and Instagram page.

It is thought that Harry and Meghan raked in Ł775,000 for attending a JP Morgan summit in Florida earlier this month.

Reports also claim they could score a book deal in excess of the Ł49million Barack and Michelle Obama received.

They will leave their royal roles on March 31 and it is understood they have agreed to pay back the Ł2.4million of taxpayer funds used to renovate their Frogmore Cottage home.
Old 23-02-2020, 12:55 AM #57
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

But I'm disappointed in you, TS. I've just discovered that even you don't read posts properly.
Full disclosure I didn't read the post at all. I'm stuck in a weird sort of limbo with the Harry and Megan stuff because;

1) People are so obsessed with it and spaff so much hyperbole and nonsense about it that it's really sort of fascinating and worrying BUT

2) I inherently don't give a **** about the royal family, their dinner table dramas or what they're up to in any sense. Any of them. Including the Queen. Like I literally hold her in no different regard to any random old lady.

So it all starts getting a bit... Daft...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 01:14 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Full disclosure I didn't read the post at all. I'm stuck in a weird sort of limbo with the Harry and Megan stuff because;

1) People are so obsessed with it and spaff so much hyperbole and nonsense about it that it's really sort of fascinating and worrying BUT

2) I inherently don't give a **** about the royal family, their dinner table dramas or what they're up to in any sense. Any of them. Including the Queen. Like I literally hold her in no different regard to any random old lady.

So it all starts getting a bit... Daft...
You sound like my good wife TS.
For my part, the Royal Family fascinate me, going way back to Alfred the Great and every king and queen since. You would recoil in horror at the content of my bookshelves.
My poor wife has no room for her Marion Keyes and Cathy Kelly at all.
I try not to spaff nonsense - I like facts and the opinions of those who have reported on the royals for years and proved their credentials combined with my own observations.
The Queen a random old lady - I nearly needed Queen Victoria's smelling salts when I read that.
Old 23-02-2020, 02:01 AM #59
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Meghan and Harry have basically been black listed by the queen and are losing all credibility.

They are trying to sell themselves as a couple that will change the lifes of others with this so called charity foundation oh wait now it’s not a foundation they are just going to add to other charities.

An ex actress who starred in a tv series not Hollywood blockbusters and Harry who left one of the finest schools in the world with a b in art and a d in geography.

They only got in contact with a lister celebrities by inviting them to their wedding.

We want to save the planet while taking private jets

We want our privacy while jumping up on stage and telling strangers his life story.

Please continue to defend this pair of clowns because it gives me great amusement and even more so as you keep throwing in the word hate desperate to try and make those who see through meg and Harry ‘s bollox as haters.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 06:23 AM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....well, I wish them both..(...and Archie...)...well in their future.....
If they ‘fail’...then they fail, but they will have failed being masters of their own destinies and owners of their own lives and decisions...as Frank would have said, they’re doing it their way.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 06:48 AM #61
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I have no axe to grind over Meghan and Harry. I liked her in Suits, and I thought Harry seemed like a nice enough chap. I'm not a fan of royalty at all. I was disgusted by the way the queen behaved when Diana died, however, I think Megan and Harry have shown a distinct lack of responsibility and class during this saga. Nothing is ever their fault, they take no responsibility whatsoever for the position they find themselves in. For that, they get zero respect from me.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 07:49 AM #62
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
....well, I wish them both..(...and Archie...)...well in their future.....
If they ‘fail’...then they fail, but they will have failed being masters of their own destinies and owners of their own lives and decisions...as Frank would have said, they’re doing it their way.....
You have been wishing these clowns well for two years.

They got killed in a barrel going over niagra falls, but at least they were doing what they wanted.
Old 23-02-2020, 07:57 AM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
You have been wishing these clowns well for two years.

They got killed in a barrel going over niagra falls, but at least they were doing what they wanted.
And on the flip side you have been calling them clowns for 2 years.

They found a cure for cancer and ended world poverty but they still were clowns eh Sheriff??
Old 23-02-2020, 08:28 AM #64
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

For two who want privacy they have alot to say on instagram, its’s difficult to believe at times that these two are heading for 40 as they appear quite petulant at times, I wish they would fade into obscurity and only pop up now and again like most of the other Royals particularly the minor ones

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 23-02-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 08:28 AM #65
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
And on the flip side you have been calling them clowns for 2 years.

They found a cure for cancer and ended world poverty but they still were clowns eh Sheriff??
I have no way been calling clowns for two years.

They are as rediculas as you saying if they cured cancer or ended world poverty.
That ain’t going to happen unless Harry can find a cure using his b in art.
They are trying to feather their own nest on the back of charity.

If you want the precious family time take a step back and spend it as a family in the privacy of your own home and play with your little boy not keep leaving him with yet another nanny.

It’s look at us ain’t we great helping poor people but first we got to chat bollox to the world bankers for a few pound for ourselves.
Old 23-02-2020, 08:31 AM #66
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I have no way been calling clowns for two years.

They are as rediculas as you saying if they cured cancer or ended world poverty.
That ain’t going to happen unless Harry can find a cure using his b in art.
They are trying to feather their own nest on the back of charity.

If you want the precious family time take a step back and spend it as a family in the privacy of your own home and play with your little boy not keep leaving him with yet another nanny.

It’s look at us ain’t we great helping poor people but first we got to chat bollox to the world bankers for a few pound for ourselves.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 09:46 AM #67

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I have no axe to grind over Meghan and Harry. I liked her in Suits, and I thought Harry seemed like a nice enough chap. I'm not a fan of royalty at all. I was disgusted by the way the queen behaved when Diana died, however, I think Megan and Harry have shown a distinct lack of responsibility and class during this saga. Nothing is ever their fault, they take no responsibility whatsoever for the position they find themselves in. For that, they get zero respect from me.
This is mainly my thinking,I really liked Harry,never seen Megan in anything but liked her from what I saw ,I do however feel they kind of want it all their way.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 10:09 AM #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
This is mainly my thinking,I really liked Harry,never seen Megan in anything but liked her from what I saw ,I do however feel they kind of want it all their way.
Yep, they want their lives their way. I don't blame them in the slightest.
Old 23-02-2020, 12:31 PM #69
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 06:55 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

More trouble likely for royal family before official exit of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The official statement of Harry and Meghan about the queen didn't go down well with royal experts who criticised them for being childish.

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/more-troub...markle-1675899

Extract
Quote:
"The language is stilted, cold and legalistic, the sentiments juvenile and angry. It is an expression of childish irritation that insults the most admired person in British public life. And this, more than anything, is what gives the game away. Are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex really trying to take on the Queen, whose lifetime of duty to her nation is admired around the world? Is it actually what they intended? Or is it a petulant retort from self-important young people who have grown all-too used to having their own way?" asks royal biographerAngela Levin.
She added that she has experienced Harry to be "charismatic and intuitive, a man with impeccable manners who is full of consideration to others and lights up in the presence of those who need his help."

"What on earth has happened to that Harry?
He married Meghan Markle and let himself be influenced by her and her American team of lawyers and PR, thats what. If only they had gone to established royal advisors and let them handle their exit without any bad feelings, instead if planning it all, including the setting up of their disastrous and self - important social media site, sneakliy behind the backs of the family and court. It's as if they were asking for big trouble.
I am worried for Harry, I've always liked him, but its very disappointing how he has let his wife and her advisors do things the way they have, creating such a mess and turning his relationship with his family sour. I can't believe he is the instigator in how it was all handled. It's not him, or at least the man he was.

Last edited by jet; 23-02-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old 23-02-2020, 11:54 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Reactions of respected people who have known the royals for many years.

Ingrid Seward, editor in chief of Majesty Magazine:
“It appears to be a gratuitous and ungracious swipe at the Queen.”

Angela Levin, Harry’s official Biographer:
I fear she has put a sliver of ice in Harry’s heart.

Tom Bower, Charles’s Biographer:
Their comments smack of spiteful fury. I fear it will get worse.

Dickie Arbiter, former spokesman for the Queen:
Harry knows the rules. Meghan knows the rules. It’s been made very clear to them.

Penny Junor, Royal Biographer and friend of Prince Charles:
“They didn’t get what they wanted. They are clearly not happy and there is a hint of suppressed rage.

Angela Levin, Harry’s Biographer:
Harry and Meghan are almost stumbling in their rush to join a world of rich, self - centred celebrities.

Penny Junor, Royal Biographer and friend of Prince Charles:
I’m worried about Prince Harry….I fear something is seriously amiss and he’s on a trajectory of self destruction.

Some numbty’s think everything they say is lies and they are saying these things to destroy Harry and Meghan.
Random people who don’t have a clue think they know better and the Sussexes can do no wrong.
It’s quite hilarious.

Last edited by jet; 24-02-2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old 24-02-2020, 11:25 AM #72
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 12:31 PM #73

Omg Meghan scrapped the over 75s license fee.
Old 24-02-2020, 12:43 PM #74
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Eamonn Holmes declares that Meghan Markle is “uppity”, “spoilt”, “woke”, “manipulative”, “awful”, denigrating a woman he’s never met but claims it had nothing to do with racism

what the hell is this gobbledygook?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 01:37 PM #75
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Deleted 81 posts in here Stop getting personal with eachother or I'll be handing out infractions

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
branding, harry, lose, meghan, royal, sussex