Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:22 PM #2126
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
lol you WILL be interested in Steph very soon :3
Yeah I thought that too, and said to someone the other day that I assume Steph was better in Guatemala, and he said that most people agree Guatemala is her worst season out of the 3 she is on. Guess I’ll soon find out

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:12 PM #2127
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
12. Stephenie - Unpopular opinion but I don’t really care for Steph that much? A few days ago I thought she was one of the better ones, and I do appreciate her arc of “The Last One Standing” but take that away and I’m not really interested in her at all, despite, *that* edgic which is the result of the show more or less being the Stephenie show
The StepheME show is the best show
Old 10-02-2020, 06:13 PM #2128
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

Survivor 3 Reunion

I kind of prefer this presenter to Probst as a reunion host, he offers a more un-biased opinion and everyone is getting airtime.

Frank outright saying he dosen't agree with Brandon's 'lifestyle' is awful and would be booed if in front of a 2020 audience. Wouldn't probably be aired actually.

LINDA <3 Bring her back.

Not an audience member asking Tom- 'How's your boil?'

The bit about HIV testing was so sweet, Goddess Linda spent two weeks after the show helping out with nurses and in hospitals <3

EUGH, why would anyone go to snakey Brandon's bar. At least he owns up for 'looking like a raving bitch'!

Tom singing his song, why on earth are they allowing this!?

Marquesas looks good, may re-watch again soon

Rudy in the audience, RIP Legend.

Overall Season Thoughts

Maybe an unpopular opinion here but I preferred Africa to Australia. The Young VS Old was fascinating and although the divide didn't last long it provided some interesting tribals. The tribe switch was brilliant and offered Teresa and Frank a way out but in the end one alliance went all the way to the end. The season had some brilliant villains in the form of Lex, Silas and Brandon and some lovable heroes such as Linda, Teresa and Ethan. In the end the final tribal wasn't as exciting as Australia's final tribal but overall a very enjoyable season. Africa as a location was something we hadn't seen before and was fascinating to watch. You can see Survivor evolving with Africa, the producers thinking of new challenges and twists and it is getting exciting.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:14 AM #2129
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Am delighted that this is gonna be my first post in like 3 months

Currently in the process of watching all seasons I haven’t seen before S40 (7 down, 6 to go), I’m on Nicaragua and tbh it’s been a bit of a drag but I have JUST pressed pause cause I’m ****ing screaming at Jane pouring water all over the fire

Nothing else has made me wanna comment as much as that

kbye until I’ve finished the rest xx
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 03:26 AM #2130
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Am delighted that this is gonna be my first post in like 3 months

Currently in the process of watching all seasons I haven’t seen before S40 (7 down, 6 to go), I’m on Nicaragua and tbh it’s been a bit of a drag but I have JUST pressed pause cause I’m ****ing screaming at Jane pouring water all over the fire

Nothing else has made me wanna comment as much as that

kbye until I’ve finished the rest xx

There's not much in Nicaragua that I'd have rather been reminded of than that!
Old 17-02-2020, 07:51 PM #2131
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

I finished Survivor Guatemala and unpopular opinion but I thought it was very good! Much better season than Palau and I watched it quickly so I can move onto Panama because I’m ready for THE Cirie Fields Experience. I have also amended the Rank The Series and Favourite Per Season threads accordingly. Also, just treat the top 3 as a collective #1 but Judd just feels right for just now, I’ll edit it later if I change my mind.

Edgic:
Spoiler:

A quote for the edgic fans........

Quote:
“I’m going to kick your ass afterwards! I’m going to find you in Michigan... I’m going to put in Gary Hawkins, 46, it’ll come BING BING BING, cell phone, address, MAPS, I’ll call the locals over there, can you give me the low down on Mr GARY HAWKINS, ex-professional football player”

Officer Amy O’Hara, 2005

1. Judd - I HOPE YA’LL GET EATEN BY ****IN CROCODILES SCUMBAGS I’m sorry but Judd is hilarious to me, even if I do get why he’s not liked. A paranoid, loud, argumentative, oblivious, not a bad sportsmanship man, who is continously OTTN and proud of it YOU HAVE AY DEE DEEEEEEE HEY MAWGRET GET OUT NOOOOWWWWW “It’ll only work for a millimeter of a second”

2. Margaret - Loving motherly nurse who looked after her tribe.... until some left and she had new people to look after and she was just not having it and became a miserable presence around camp and apparently told Judd he had ADD and happily pointed out his recall issues

Quote:
lol you WILL be interested in Steph very soon :3
3. Stephenie - I think StepheME’s far better in Guatemala even if most people disagree. In Palau, she was known as the CPP hero of the season who everyone loved and was the last one standing and was an inspiration etc (and I didn’t really care for her) and then she came back and completely bought into her own hype “Danni reminds me of myself - she’s just a COOL chick ^_^” “Boohoo Lydia I am SICK of hearing your crap you’re luckt to still be here

4. Jamie - Not quite the random neurotic he’s lived up to be but he did provide entertainment with how much he pissed everyone off BLINDSIDED, NICE, NOW ***THAT’S*** HOW YOU VOTE SOMEBODY OFF (cut to Lydia looking unimpressed)

5. Amy - The Sue and Twila comparisons are true because she seemed so Raw And Real and the fact that she broke her ankle in the first episode (I think) and lasted 2 weeks with it is pretty good going And she sussed out Gary and revealed it to him when he was least expecting it too

6. Gary - Initially my favourite for reminding me of Frank Garrison, Gary’s initial weirdness unfortunately stopped a few episodes in but I still enjoyed him nonetheless for giving us moments like “Kansas is in love with Brandon.............and so am I

7. Brian - A nerd who says the most obnoxious **** ever in the most patronising voice but is still loved by his tribe “You may be The Golden Boy..... but I’m Platinum. ” “This would be the OUTWIT part of Outwit, Outplay and Outlast.

8. Bobby Jon - A huge glow up from Palau In one episode, he said some variation of the phrase “I HATE JAMIE I MIGHT KNOCK HIM OUT ” 3 times

9. Lydia - MORP tribe mom who everyone loves even though she stabbed Jamie in the back and then randomly has a theory that by breaking a Guatemalan tradition and eating a chicken, she caused a huge storm

10. Cindy - “I would much rather hurt Jamie’s feelings than Brandon’s. Brandon is a solid dude.

11. Danni - I don’t really care about her at all as she’s so *just there* for a winner? Stephenie should have won imo

12. Brianna - I liked Brianna in her leaving episode and I can’t remember why lmao

13. Blake - Completely unaware that he was coming across as someone who’s only personality trait was “having a girlfriend who he insisted had big boobs”

14. Jim - I hope your arm has healed because you seemed nice!

15. Brooke - I had no thoughts or opinion about her

16. Brandon - I had no thoughts or opinion about him

17. Morgan - I had no thoughts or opinion about her

18. Rafe - (***rant alert***) Just a painfully pathetic human being and possibly in my bottom 5 ever? Looking down on people who talk about others while they’re not there because it’s “not pretty”, crying because Jamie was sarcastically cheering Judd on in a challenge, hoping that Jamie reflects on his actions the previous day and then calling him untrustworthy for giving up his reward to apologise for his actions, complaining because Jamie feels he can trust him, refusing to give people his word for being scared he’ll go back on it because he’s such a gOoD pErSoN, complaining that Cindy took a car she won instead of giving a car to everyone else and then complaining that she spoke about her new car, insisting that Danni vote him out and then refusing to vote for her because she actually did it and the worst Rafe moment..... “I’m a really touchy person and Cindy isn’t, so it’s nice to be touchy feely with Cindy ” Very Dan Spilo-ish. And there’s The Good Person/Hero of the season, everyone

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 08-03-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 28-02-2020, 07:47 PM #2132
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Finished Survivor Panama! Such an interesting season with some of my new all time favourite contestants!

Edgic:

Spoiler:

Ranking:

1. Shane - Suuuch a compelling character, in my top 5 and probably my favourite male Survivor so far (Sean Rector has been dethroned ) and I prefer him to Cirie oops? There was moments of insanity and abrasiveness from Shane but I never felt like it was too uncomfortable to watch and with Shane, I feel like his flaws make him a better character? Also you can tell he is actually a great person underneath it all who clearly loves his son
2. Cirie - Hilarious and sweet I also like her journey from someone who’s scared of the outdoors, particularly leaves, to someone who fully embraces living on a Panamanian island 36 days She’s also in my all time top 10 atm!
3. Courtney - Infuriated everyone for the whole experience like just LOOK at that edgic When Bruce was being medevaced and she offered to sing, so he declined and she just did it anyway
4. Danielle - I stan if for no other reason than Terry teaching her how to make fire only for her to win the fire making challenge and then vote him off
5. Bruce - What a weirdo Getting infuriated by Courtney doing yoga in his zen garden and spending his time on Exile doing martial arts rather than idol hunting
6. Aras - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TERRY SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT WOMEN x
7. Bobby - Stealer of wine and user of phrases such as “COURTNEY IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE 2 OR 3 MOST ANNOYING PEOPLE PROBABLY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD
8. Tina - The Lumberjack Lady She seemed so nice and the scene of her writing her son’s name into the sand as she cried her heart out is probably the saddest scene of Survivor I’ve ever seen I wish she stayed longer given her circumstances </3
9. Nick - He also had some potential one episode but I had barely any opinion on him at all?
10. Sally - Had some potential but I never really had any opinion of her?
11. Misty - I have no thoughts on her either but she only lasted 3 episodes so...
12. Melinda - I’m sure she’s fine but she had to go to save Cirie
13. Ruth Marie - was a contestant on Shane Powers’ season of Survivor.
14. Dan - I got a creepy Paschal English-y vibe from him so that’s an automatic red!
15. Austin - Irritating, self-impressed bores who constantly pat themselves on the back and laugh at their own rubbish jokes are not fun to watch!
16. Terry - Smug, condescending prick. Telling Aras his family visit was more important because he’s married and Aras wasn’t Winning every immunity challenge and being referred to as SuperTerry all season and acting as though he’s some hated underdog

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 28-02-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Old 29-02-2020, 08:08 PM #2133
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Finished Survivor Panama! Such an interesting season with some of my new all time favourite contestants!

Edgic:

Spoiler:

Ranking:

1. Shane - Suuuch a compelling character, in my top 5 and probably my favourite male Survivor so far (Sean Rector has been dethroned ) and I prefer him to Cirie oops? There was moments of insanity and abrasiveness from Shane but I never felt like it was too uncomfortable to watch and with Shane, I feel like his flaws make him a better character? Also you can tell he is actually a great person underneath it all who clearly loves his son
2. Cirie - Hilarious and sweet I also like her journey from someone who’s scared of the outdoors, particularly leaves, to someone who fully embraces living on a Panamanian island 36 days She’s also in my all time top 10 atm!
3. Courtney - Infuriated everyone for the whole experience like just LOOK at that edgic When Bruce was being medevaced and she offered to sing, so he declined and she just did it anyway
4. Danielle - I stan if for no other reason than Terry teaching her how to make fire only for her to win the fire making challenge and then vote him off
5. Bruce - What a weirdo Getting infuriated by Courtney doing yoga in his zen garden and spending his time on Exile doing martial arts rather than idol hunting
6. Aras - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TERRY SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT WOMEN x
7. Bobby - Stealer of wine and user of phrases such as “COURTNEY IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE 2 OR 3 MOST ANNOYING PEOPLE PROBABLY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD
8. Tina - The Lumberjack Lady She seemed so nice and the scene of her writing her son’s name into the sand as she cried her heart out is probably the saddest scene of Survivor I’ve ever seen I wish she stayed longer given her circumstances </3
9. Nick - He also had some potential one episode but I had barely any opinion on him at all?
10. Sally - Had some potential but I never really had any opinion of her?
11. Misty - I have no thoughts on her either but she only lasted 3 episodes so...
12. Melinda - I’m sure she’s fine but she had to go to save Cirie
13. Ruth Marie - was a contestant on Shane Powers’ season of Survivor.
14. Dan - I got a creepy Paschal English-y vibe from him so that’s an automatic red!
15. Austin - Irritating, self-impressed bores who constantly pat themselves on the back and laugh at their own rubbish jokes are not fun to watch!
16. Terry - Smug, condescending prick. Telling Aras his family visit was more important because he’s married and Aras wasn’t Winning every immunity challenge and being referred to as SuperTerry all season and acting as though he’s some hated underdog
Yesssss @ that top 2! And I didn't care for Danielle & Courtney as much (particularly Courtney) but WOW what a ****ing hilarious trio that was I appreciate them all for their roles. Those top 4 are definitely a big part of what made that season so great.

Also Terry did suck for the reasons you stated
Old 11-03-2020, 10:27 PM #2134
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Finished Cook Islands and like everyone else I don’t really care for it at all as far as Survivor seasons go, it’s not very exciting at all and idc much for the cast (as you can tell by the ranking) but it was worth watching it for completion purposes!

Edgic:

Spoiler:

1. Cao Boi - Hilariously unique and he was taken far too early </3
2. Adam - Became really good at the end with his Jonathan hate
3. Jenny - Voting for Ozzy who she never met because she hated Yul and Becky :gun:
4. Parvati - Not even that good this season but had a few good episodes?
5. Billy - We ship Bandice
6. Candice - I don’t like her thaaaat much but I get why she is liked?
7. Cristina - Fun edgic strip!
8. Jessica - Peaked when she lost the chickens but that’s more than anyone else from this season can say...
9. J.P. - Was kind of fun in his leaving episode
10. Sekou - I think I liked him but idk why.
11. Rebecca - Idk any of these people so this is in elimination order.
12. Brad ^
13. Stephannie ^
14. Cecilia ^
15. Sundra - Idk I just don’t hate her as much as everyone else but she isn’t great by any means.
16. Ozzy - Didn’t mind him at the start but I went off him so much towards the end when he would hide food with Yul from everyone else...
17. Becky - Not even that bad a person but stuff like enabling Yul’s win all season long and literally counting all of his potential jury votes for him
18. Jonathan - Smug twat
19. Yul - Smug boring twat
20. Nate - Smug boring homophobic twat

(Edit: The fact that this was posted half an hour before Yul discussed Jonathan’s wife having ALS on Winners At War is an unfortunate coincidence. I wish he and his wife nothing but the best. )

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 13-03-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:32 PM #2135
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Yeah Cook Islands is very dull and the cast is not very inspiring

The fact it gave us Ozzy & Parvati tho ALTHOUGH Cook Islands is probably each of their best season to me so oop
Old 11-03-2020, 10:34 PM #2136
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Yeah Cook Islands is very dull and the cast is not very inspiring

The fact it gave us Ozzy & Parvati tho ALTHOUGH Cook Islands is probably each of their best season to me so oop
Ozzy sucks!

But fans vs favourites and heroes vs villains parvati slays!

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 07:43 PM #2137
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Finished Survivor Fiji! The season itself was fine and perfectly watchable, and not awful as some people say but I can see how it wouldn’t be enjoyable if you weren’t watching in order and went from Pearl Islands to Fiji or something But luckily for me, I went from Cook Islands to Fiji, so it benefits from that.

Edgic:

Spoiler:

1. Lisi - Duh she’s like a Maffew Favourite personified Completely unaware and charmless old(er) women with messy jury speeches >>>
2. Cassandra - Mmhmm uhhuh... Rootable and unintentionally hilarious
3. Dreamz - He is a honourable person, he is noble, he is a..... truth teller, he is.... DREAMZ (and a grown man who should consider a name change x)
4. Stacy - Anyone who nauseates Alex Angarita is good by me
5. Yau Man - Appears charming and cherubic but is actually calculating and surprisingly cutthroat?
6. Sylvia - Askew, it’s like ORTHOGONAL
7. Boo - Surprisingly fun post-merge when nobody could stand him?
8. Anthony - Socially awkward but seemed like a genuine good person who was picked on by Rocky
9. Liliana - INV1 | INV1 | INV1 | OTTM3
10. Erica - Had potential but then got cut short
11. Rita - Was a nothing and then emerged as a chatterbox who nobody could stand
12. Earl - Fine as a human being but I felt he was a little too much of a gamebot at times
13. Edgardo - I have no thoughts on #13 to #16 so they are in elimination order
14. Michelle
15. Gary
16. Jessica
17. Mookie - I remember not liking him!
18. Alex - Was horrible in his jury speech!
19. Rocky - Contender for worst non-Dan Survivor ever in all honesty, homophobic racist bullies do NOT make for good television.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 25-03-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:33 PM #2138
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Hi. If there's one good thing coming from quarantine (I don't go back to work for at least another month to the day at the very earliest), it's that I had time to restart and finish my SJDS rewatch this past week! For reference, here was my chart when I watched live.

Quote:

Are Natalie and/or Jeremy CPP instead of just CP? How is Keith not OTTM?! How on earth are Jaclyn and Dale MORP?!?!?! Some scores need to be settled and I think it is time!

So to answer my questions: Yes, Natalie is CPP if barely. Jeremy is just CP. Keith is definitely OTTM. Jaclyn is in fact MORP somehow and Dale is actually CPP and that doesn't even go into the fact that I also changed Julie's and Alec's overall ratings.

Anyways, fantastic season as I said. A very good cast that was fun and bounced off each other well AND the right people made it the farthest. Like, just imagine how terrible the season would've been if the endgame was dominated by Reed and Josh and Alec and Wes rather than Natalie and Missy and Baylor

1. Jaclyn (I break up the Jaclyn saga into four parts: the first part is pre-swap when she was the UTR Tribal Council assassin who would be UTR all episode until she came in with an answer at Tribal Council that was scathingly honest or where she would just start yelling at Baylor with Val alol. The second part is after the swap when she was reunited with her long lost love Jon Misch and they would just stand in the middle of shelter kissing each other while Baylor sat there in awe hoping that someone would love her that much one day. The third part is the first half of the merge when we had Swing Vote Jaclyn, who held the entire fate of the game in her hands seemingly every week. She and Jon ping-ponged back and forth between Jeremy's alliance and Josh's alliance but she showed her true power when Jon went to Exile Island and the boys all ignored her and thus she squeezed Jon's balls and DEMANDED that they go against the guys because they're dirty pigs. This is the same Jaclyn that also REFUSED the speak to Jon for five hours after he came back from Exile Island and effectively sealed Reed's fate the fourth part is Finale Jaclyn who turned into the ultimate underdog after Jon was blindsided at F6. She cursed out Natalie and cried in her confessional about how she's not used to people not loving her and Jon, survived the F5 vote against all odds thanks to Natalie's Idol, and then had the most amazing come from behind victory in the final IC all while Jeff trashed her for being way out of it AND falling hard on her way down the tower and almost killing herself a complete inspiration both legitimately because of her MRKH and entertainment-wise because she was the heart and soul of San Juan del Sur)
2. Jon (yes I am obsessed with Jonclyn. Not only was Jon good-hearted and FUN and loyal to his woman, but he also went through a great story arc where he was kind of an anti-villain? He started out as a bit of an underdog on the original Hunahpu, swapped to NuCoyopa and found himself in a power position, found himself in the ultimate power position when the tribes merged and he and Jaclyn were the swing votes, then became the Top Dog when he ruthlessly blindsided Jeremy because Jeremy figured out that he found the HII on Exile Island, then became a bit of an overdog who survived multiple assassination attempts due to Immunity wins and Keith having a big mouth (), and then was ultimately blindsided at F6 without seeing it coming at all? It was a great morph from underdog to hero to overdog and when you couple that with a nice and likable and fun personality it all turns out even bettter)
3. Natalie (I know some people are going to call me crazy for not having her as #1 or even #2 but #ThisIsMyTruth. Natalie's *not* a top 10 all time for me or anything like that BUT she's still legitimately great. She is kind of a CPbot but she makes her strategy fun so it's kind of a trick because you're never bored by her and she never feels like a CPbot? She had some good moments in the beginning of the season like cursing out John Rocker after an Immunity Challenge just because she felt like it but post-Jeremy is really where Natalie shines: she became OBSESSED with taking down Jon and did it in the most calculated but amazing way. Pretended to accidentally vote out Alec instead of Keith so she could secure his trust going forward, somehow convinced Missy to go against her in-game husband/son Jon, wrangle Jaclyn back in after getting cursed out by her and ruthlessly stabbing Baylor in the back, and then winning in a pretty clear landslide? Just a fun personality and one of the few people who could ACTUALLY pull off a CP edit)
4. Baylor (I think my biggest surprise is just how much I *LOVED* Baylor this time around? A bratty and immature 20 year old who is convinced she's mature for her age and has no clue that she infuriates everyone around her? Count me in I loved how she would cry at the drop of a hat the second anyone threw criticism at her or Missy, and I looooove that she was an aspiring musician with her ~Sticky Situation~ because the Missy/Baylor dynamic just makes SO MUCH SENSE when you realize that Missy's That Pageant Mom and Baylor's That Daughter who isn't really that talented even in spite of what mommy says I could not stop cackling at the scene in the swap episode where Missy is cooking rice and Baylor keeps yelling at her to add more scoops in while Dale just sits there stewing )
5. Missy (guys this F6 is SO GOOD like Missy would be a STAR in any other season, and she still is in this one despite only being #5 for me? Extraordinarily fake and cliquey, transparently biased towards and defensive of her bratty daughter, having her three marriages and three divorces constantly referenced, almost breaking her ankle because of a Challenge made by a Make A Wish kid and perhaps my favorite moment was the merge episode where she tells Julie not to quit yet and that she's her loved one now () and telling Baylor she's gonna have to be a little bit phony )
6. Julie (okay so she definitely gets docked some points for willingly associating herself with John Rocker but she kinda owned it and I'm impressed that she was able to have the agency to turn it into her own storyline. And I've seen a few people say that the merge episode is weak but I actually thought it was GREAT and a lot of that was due to the #TrailMixScandal and insisting that people judge her for her makeup and boobs and quitting because of how fake Missy was to her )
7. Jeremy (yes he was a CPbot but he was FUN and ultimately righteous most of the time? He was grumpy for the right reasons and aligned with all the correct people. My only complaint is that during Ponderosa he was always so quick to bitch about the other guys for acting like they were amazing gameplayers when they weren't and being bitter for being got but that also kind of applies to him oops)
8. Keith (lmao I had him in red when the season first aired but time has proven that he's completely harmless and fun! Came into the show and had no clue how to play the game, somehow got really far and was a huge threat to win all while providing lots of comedic relief. What's not to like?)
9. Drew (suuuuuuch a sleaze omg but thank god the editors were In on the joke because he's legitimately insufferable alol)
10. Val (she's good and all but I don't think she's all that, like she's nowhere near a top 5 person this season. Her double Idol lie was fun but kinda painfully stupid to watch at the same time)
11. Nadiya (points literally only for being a Twinnie but her stuff about Josh being one of the girls doesn't age that well oops)

12. Wes (I wouldn't even go as far as to say he was UTRfun because he wasn't really BUT he didn't make me mad at all and his Ponderosa was cute bc he made Josh cry for being ~an ally~ to the gays)
13. Alec (pretty much the same douchey personality as his older brother but underedited? and also with a complex for being In Drew's Shadow? I don't know, I could see myself liking him potentially with a bigger edit but at the same time I couldn't decide if I found his behavior hilarious or irritating? There were some times where was rude and it wasn't cute but most of the time it was so bold it was funny like when he openly commented on the trail mix in front of Julie )
14. Kelley (she's decently fun and snarky during Drew's OTTN episodes but it's not nearly enough for her to somehow be brought back TWICE )
15. Dale (I remember liking @farmguy69 for being sour and grumpy but it wasn't as cute this time there are still some moments that I liked ironically but blegh, nothing special and received a lot of focus for someone ultimately so inconsequential?)

16. Josh (BORING and actually not good at the game at all. "Baylor, I'm sorry I voted for you in the first Tribal Council of the season last night but I promise I only did it so it would strengthen our alliance" like what the ****?)
17. John (duh. A legitimately horrible person cast because he's a legitimately horrible person, and when he was being yelled at for being a racist and a homophobe and a bigot he was just a boring CP bot. Nooooo thank you)
18. Reed (sorry but I just can't. An annoying Broadway gay who showboated in the most cringe ways and got upset when people didn't want to play his game and make moves that benefited him? Regardless of how grating both Missy and Baylor are, I can't STAND how he was somehow deemed as In The Right when his only actual grievance with them was that they were in power and he was not. His Jury speech is legitimately infuriating and doesn't even make sense. The only good part of the season was when he got eliminated because Jaclyn refused to talk to Jon for five hours ad;sfjwlefj)
Old 29-03-2020, 04:41 PM #2139
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

I’ve finished Survivor China! I really liked this season, it was a lot of fun to watch and I never felt bored during it like I did with the previous two seasons. Each episode kept me intrigued to watch the next one, so I got through it quickly

Edgic:

Spoiler:

1. Courtney - Had no idea what Survivor was yet managed to make it all the way to the end despite hating everyone she came into contact with “I hate Todd and Amanda less than everyone else but I hope they don’t mistake that for friendship x
2. Jean-Robert - Completely unaware and irritating to everybody who intereacted with him but he was one of the most entertaining with how egotistical he was
3. Sherea - So underrated I almost choked when Dave told her not to throw the rice over the edge so she threatened to throw him over the edge Her JR bubble busting voting confessional too
4. Peih-Gee - So rootable yet snarky Asking Amanda if she knew hidden immunity idols were in existence because she took longer than 2 seconds to respond to her question
5. Leslie - Sister Christian who insists she’s not a Christian but has a confessional about Christianity in every episode THE BIG MAN UP THERE’S PROVIDING x
6. Ashley - I’m voting for Derek Zoolander. Oh I mean Dave. Enough said.
7. Denise - Lunch lady turned janitor turned custodian turned fraudster is..... an arc.
8. Amanda - Kind of a one dimensional gamebot for a while but she became better at the end with moments like “I’M NOT STUPID PEIH GEE” and flat out refusing Denise’s deal in front of everyone
9. Todd - Kind of a gamebot but was actually fun and righteous at times eg his reaction to JR and James talking about Courtney?
10. Dave - Aggravating and condescending but in a way that made good TV
11. Chicken - DAYUMMMM
12. Jaime - Hidden immunity slabs
13. Frosti - Every now and then drama would be happening in the background and the camera would pan to Frosti making faces or doing something strange lmao
14. James - Kind of fun to watch towards the end of his stay but nothing worth bringing back for FvF?
15. Erik - Ik he’s thought of as great because he’s nice, and he is nice but he’s kind of dull too sorry!
16. Aaron - He’s honestly fine, this cast is just so good that the one who I have pretty much no thoughts on is at the bottom of my ranks?

The next season is Micronesia, which is Fans vs Favourites, so here’s my pre-show ranking of the Favourites before I start:

1. Cirie
2. Eliza
3. Ami
4. Yau-Man
5. Amanda
6. Parvati

7. James
8. Ozzy
9. Jonathan
10. Jon

Spoiler:

Old 04-04-2020, 03:35 AM #2140
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Doing a Cagayan rewatch and wow I don't even think it's close when it comes to best season ever... Cagayan hands down. The cast is phenomenal, the storylines are so real and entertaining. Entire pre-merge is incredible and I know the post-merge is about just as amazing.

I just watched the merge episode and lmaoooo @ how great it plays out. Kass playing for who gets to destroy the game

Last edited by JerseyWins; 04-04-2020 at 03:35 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:30 PM #2141
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

I’ve finished Survivor Micronesia and I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is my favourite season so far. It was great from start to finish

Edgic:
Spoiler:

1. Cirie (-) - In Panama she was top 10 but she managed to be even better somehow in Micronesia She didn’t take **** from people and was more cutthroat My mother always told me, you may not be able to beat them with these all the time... but you can always beat them with this... sorry...
2. Parvati (+4) - So much better than in Cook Islands, for the first half of the season I was w/e on her but then she decided that everyone apart from Alexis, Natalie and Amanda were dead to her and the Parvati experience began from there
3. Tracy - One of my all time favourite pre-mergers, she was hilarious without trying to be with her cutthroat ways whilst dressing it up as being a mother figure to the tribe. A true arc
4. Ami (-) - Not quite as Ami Cusacky as she was in Vanuatu but I felt like her leaving episode was the perfect end to her Survivor journey? She was OTT at her last TC whilst pleading to stay and then getting voted out as she ran out of the council area barefoot with her bag in one hand and shoes in the other
5. Natalie - Completely UTR for the first 10 episodes until she emerged as an abrasive arrogant **** stirrer And I thought it couldn’t get better than Zoe Zanidakis, turns out it can? Admitting she is her own biggest fan
6. Eliza (-2) - Aside from It’s A ****ing Stick, Eliza was hysterically messy throughout the season, see wishing for James to get so ill he gets evacuated... and then he does
7. Jason - What planet did production find him from Eliza: IT’S A ****ING STICK. Jason: I know! IT HAS A FACE ON IT
8. Kathy - Unintentionally OTT hilarious (I’VE NEVER SEEN IMPLANTS BEFORE ) but also has a really deep and vulnerable side which is hard not to empathise with, as showcased in episodes 2 and 7
9. Erik - He is defined as The New Dumbest Survivor Ever but aside from that he was actually fun and seemed like a decent person
10. Chet - Lazy and hated by everyone Bonus points for aligning with Kathy and Tracy
11. Amanda (-) - Meh I don’t like her as much as I did in China but I still like her for some reason. Black Widow allegiance maybe?
12. Yau-Man (-2) - Anyone who tries to kill Jonny Fairplay for an Immunity Idol is fine by me
13. Alexis - Telling Amanda that her crying over Cirie’s elimination is deserving of an Oscar
14. James (-) - The fact that he ate numerous bats during the course of this show makes me think he’s to blame for the Coronavirus
15. Mikey B - I feel like I should have an opinion on him given how visible he was but really I can take him or leave him
16. Mary - Kind of seemed as though she had potential but then she got voted out 2nd
17. Jonathan (+1) - Not a bad person but still the same self satisfied dick he was in Cook Islands. Doesn’t mean I wanted his knee to get infected though
18. Joel - Ehh I don’t hate him as much as everybody else but the way he screamed at Kathy as she sobbed doesn’t sit well with me at all
19. Ozzy (-1) - I still don’t like him. He’s arrogant but sooo boring which is not fun to watch although I do credit him for The ****ing Stick
20. Jonny Fairplay (-) - I still think he’s an insufferable try hard weasel.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 04-04-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:29 PM #2142
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

The Eliza & Jason hopeless duo Cirie on every season
Old 09-04-2020, 11:14 AM #2143
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
The Eliza & Jason hopeless duo Cirie on every season

I’ve finished Gabon and I know I said a few days ago that Micronesia was my favourite season, but Gabon easily takes #1. It’s hard to put a point on exactly what makes it so good but it’s definitely my favourite season. Would recommend even to those who haven’t seen Survivor before because it’s just that good of a season

Edgic:

Spoiler:

1. Susie - Okay so hear me out - A kind hearted 47 year old woman who aggravates everybody in her tribe just by talking 24/7 who unintentionally provides the most UTR-hilarious moments at any given opportunity, only to have a segment in every episode about how crazy and loud she is and how her tribe wants to bury her alive and stab her in the face (actual comments made!) so ends up being OTT overall? And to make it even better, she makes it all the way to top 3 and is one vote (or one cookie according to Randy) away from winning $1,000,000? Sign me up.
2. Randy - Self labelled King of Gabon Randy might be a disgusting, old, hotheaded, chauvinistic, alcoholic bigot who needs to grow up before he dies alone and a loser but he’s one of the most unique characters Survivor has ever seen because he’s so ****ing strange and he’s my #2 for it.
3. Crystal - Olympic athlete who can not compete to save her life She was also hysterical with dealing with GC, Ace and Randy as well as possibly giving the best voting confessionals ever?
4. Sugar - Completely crazy and irrational in spite of getting an OTTP edit
5. Gillian - Such a nice and joyful woman She was the first episode of Survivor Gabon with her love of elephant dung and failure to see Randy’s cut head, so she, as a nurse, calls the medical team in
6. Dan - All round decent person who did actually make fun television with his weirdness all whilst living out the Survivor Gabon experience in a suit way better than Andrew Savage could ever attempt to.
7. Kelly - Thinking GC got eaten by a monkey Being picked last for the first time in her entire life Being glad to be around people who respond back
8. Bob - Decently likeable tbf and although the Fake Idol moment was unleashed to its full potential by Randy, Sugar and Crystal, Bob was the one who set it all up so
9. Paloma - “Do you think you and Ace were brother and sister in another life” “Maybe in another world, 1000 years from now. When I’m DEAD ” “Um... okay”
10. GC - I don’t really care for him at all but the arc of - GC’s been through a lot in his life, he’s a good guy -> Everybody hates GC -> GC goes missing -> GC is quitting? That’s bull**** - Crystal Cox -> GC’s not a bad guy, he’s been through a lot in his life -> GC goes home - is a fun one!
11. Charlie - I <3 Marcus I <3 Marcus I <3 Marcus *gets voted off*
12. Michelle - Really grumpy and miserable but it was only for one episode so she makes for a kind of fun first boot, but if she stayed I might not have been as fully on board.
13. Ken - Don’t have any strong feelings on him either way for someone who was so prominent throughout the season?
14. Matty - He annoyed me a few times but nothing worth full on disliking him for.
15. Jacquie - She seemed okay?
16. Marcus - “Susie you’re a mom and a teacher, how can you justify lying to me” erm what
17. Ace - Awful and grating to watch, I could physically feel the sleaze and slime through my screen and that’s not what I look for in a Survivor contestant.
18. Corinne - So pathetic and unnecessarily nasty, one of my all time least favourites and idk why people like her at all. I’m guessing it’s because she’s sharp tongued but lbr Sugar was right when she said she plays all nice to people’s faces yet acts all big and clever when it’s just her in confessionals. Her jury speech was beyond gross as well.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 09-04-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:52 AM #2144
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Recently restarted my watch of South Africa: Champions and episode 5 is an amazing piece of television so I'm quoting this post from nearly two years ago.

Quote:
So Survivor South Africa: Philippines inspired me so much that I decided to take on Champions! I just finished episode 5 and hooooooly **** these people are insane, what a fantastic episode. Even in spite of him being blatantly racist against Indians last episode, I am in looooooove with Zan and his boot was just everything I wanted. Being such a nuisance that Marian hid all of his pants for no reason, politely asking to quit bc he wants to go home to his girlfriend (), pissing everyone off even more bc he's a good fisherman and he wants to quit, Stephen plotting to blindside Buhle bc he thinks she has the HII, Shane going along with the plan even though he has the HII, Buhle finding out about the plan to "blindside" her to flush out the HII she doesn't have, Zan stealing the flint and giving to to Buhle so they don't vote her out, and everyone casting the NASTIEST votes towards each other such as "Zannex," "Zan is not the man," and "Solly *full-fledged paragraph written on the ballot about how much he sucks"

AND THERE WAS STILL ANOTHER TRIBAL COUNCIL THAT WAS JUST AS MESSY the whole David-Shona alliance is what dreams are made of. The two most annoying people immediately becoming tribal outcasts and getting saved only to blindside the cocky overdogs finding a HII and then having everything blow up because they're sooooo annoying and stupid like... David found the HII and told Shona but refused to tell her where he hid it, everyone getting suspicious of David for being David, Shona planning to blindside him just for fun and STEALING the HII, David owning up to having an HII and fully implicating Shona as a two-faced backstabber, a and then the entire tribe agreeing to give the HII to Corne while Shona is just left crying on the beach about how she tanked her game so badly oh my god what a fantastic hour of television.
and adding picture evidence:

[IMG]https://cdn.***************/attachments/444492407917117443/698426687079055380/unknown.png[/IMG][IMG]https://cdn.***************/attachments/444492407917117443/698427020714967110/unknown.png[/IMG][IMG]https://cdn.***************/attachments/444492407917117443/698427388589113364/unknown.png[/IMG]

EDIT: ****ing **** how is "discordapp dot com" a banned phrase now

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 11-04-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:46 PM #2145
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I’ve finished Gabon and I know I said a few days ago that Micronesia was my favourite season, but Gabon easily takes #1. It’s hard to put a point on exactly what makes it so good but it’s definitely my favourite season. Would recommend even to those who haven’t seen Survivor before because it’s just that good of a season

Edgic:

Spoiler:

1. Susie - Okay so hear me out - A kind hearted 47 year old woman who aggravates everybody in her tribe just by talking 24/7 who unintentionally provides the most UTR-hilarious moments at any given opportunity, only to have a segment in every episode about how crazy and loud she is and how her tribe wants to bury her alive and stab her in the face (actual comments made!) so ends up being OTT overall? And to make it even better, she makes it all the way to top 3 and is one vote (or one cookie according to Randy) away from winning $1,000,000? Sign me up.
2. Randy - Self labelled King of Gabon Randy might be a disgusting, old, hotheaded, chauvinistic, alcoholic bigot who needs to grow up before he dies alone and a loser but he’s one of the most unique characters Survivor has ever seen because he’s so ****ing strange and he’s my #2 for it.
3. Crystal - Olympic athlete who can not compete to save her life She was also hysterical with dealing with GC, Ace and Randy as well as possibly giving the best voting confessionals ever?
4. Sugar - Completely crazy and irrational in spite of getting an OTTP edit
5. Gillian - Such a nice and joyful woman She was the first episode of Survivor Gabon with her love of elephant dung and failure to see Randy’s cut head, so she, as a nurse, calls the medical team in
6. Dan - All round decent person who did actually make fun television with his weirdness all whilst living out the Survivor Gabon experience in a suit way better than Andrew Savage could ever attempt to.
7. Kelly - Thinking GC got eaten by a monkey Being picked last for the first time in her entire life Being glad to be around people who respond back
8. Bob - Decently likeable tbf and although the Fake Idol moment was unleashed to its full potential by Randy, Sugar and Crystal, Bob was the one who set it all up so
9. Paloma - “Do you think you and Ace were brother and sister in another life” “Maybe in another world, 1000 years from now. When I’m DEAD ” “Um... okay”
10. GC - I don’t really care for him at all but the arc of - GC’s been through a lot in his life, he’s a good guy -> Everybody hates GC -> GC goes missing -> GC is quitting? That’s bull**** - Crystal Cox -> GC’s not a bad guy, he’s been through a lot in his life -> GC goes home - is a fun one!
11. Charlie - I <3 Marcus I <3 Marcus I <3 Marcus *gets voted off*
12. Michelle - Really grumpy and miserable but it was only for one episode so she makes for a kind of fun first boot, but if she stayed I might not have been as fully on board.
13. Ken - Don’t have any strong feelings on him either way for someone who was so prominent throughout the season?
14. Matty - He annoyed me a few times but nothing worth full on disliking him for.
15. Jacquie - She seemed okay?
16. Marcus - “Susie you’re a mom and a teacher, how can you justify lying to me” erm what
17. Ace - Awful and grating to watch, I could physically feel the sleaze and slime through my screen and that’s not what I look for in a Survivor contestant.
18. Corinne - So pathetic and unnecessarily nasty, one of my all time least favourites and idk why people like her at all. I’m guessing it’s because she’s sharp tongued but lbr Sugar was right when she said she plays all nice to people’s faces yet acts all big and clever when it’s just her in confessionals. Her jury speech was beyond gross as well.
Tbh I'm surprised but not surprised Gabon is your #1 season. Like it was just kinda ok/decent/but solid to me but it does feel a bit like a Matthew-classic idk why It does have a good amount of legendary/funny characters and some fun unforgettable moments.

Corinne - while her jury speech was nasty and gross - was a really funny legendary character despite that! But I watched Caramoan first where she's also great so I already had a high opinion for her going into Gabon. She's kinda nicer and a lot more tame in that so maybe that'll change your opinion on her in some way... or maybe not

I do like how she was pretty nasty throughout Gabon but she got asked back for a "Fans vs. Favorites" season Does anyone know: Is Corinne really popular among Survivor fans or was she just like a random production pick for that season?

Quote:
This one I can agree with
Old 11-04-2020, 04:41 PM #2146
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

The thing with Corinne was that I already disliked her going into the finale as I always felt like her confessionals throughout the season came across more as desperate than funny. Like in the premiere, she said she is a total bitch and if people cry, she laughs in their faces. I guess lots of people found this funny but I just rolled my eyes at it. Amongst other moments throughout the season such as rolling her eyes and making faces at TC when Sugar was crying about her dead father, her overreaction to Susie telling her that she planned on voting for her at the next TC which I thought was clearly played up for the cameras, saying Dan was probably a former fatty..... it just never worked for me anyway, and it was the jury speech that solidified her as being one of my least favourite Survivors so far.

And I think she is popular (I searched her name in this server when I was watching and iirc most of the posts about her were fairly positive) and tbh a few days later after watching the shkw, I do realise why she is liked, because she brings the shock factor in how far she goes, but it wasn’t really my thing in Corinne’s case. That’s my take on it anyway

Also I knew she does come back in a later season, but when I watched the reunion, I could tell Jeff really disliked her, so I’m surprised she does come back actually?

(I felt like I wrote a lot there about Corinne of all people but hopefully I got my point across )

Spoiler:

Old 11-04-2020, 05:12 PM #2147
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Important things I have learned from this page: the men of Survivor South Africa: Champions are attractive

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:59 PM #2148
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The thing with Corinne was that I already disliked her going into the finale as I always felt like her confessionals throughout the season came across more as desperate than funny. Like in the premiere, she said she is a total bitch and if people cry, she laughs in their faces. I guess lots of people found this funny but I just rolled my eyes at it. Amongst other moments throughout the season such as rolling her eyes and making faces at TC when Sugar was crying about her dead father, her overreaction to Susie telling her that she planned on voting for her at the next TC which I thought was clearly played up for the cameras, saying Dan was probably a former fatty..... it just never worked for me anyway, and it was the jury speech that solidified her as being one of my least favourite Survivors so far.

And I think she is popular (I searched her name in this server when I was watching and iirc most of the posts about her were fairly positive) and tbh a few days later after watching the shkw, I do realise why she is liked, because she brings the shock factor in how far she goes, but it wasn’t really my thing in Corinne’s case. That’s my take on it anyway

Also I knew she does come back in a later season, but when I watched the reunion, I could tell Jeff really disliked her, so I’m surprised she does come back actually?

(I felt like I wrote a lot there about Corinne of all people but hopefully I got my point across )
The Thing About Corinne is that people project all of these qualities onto her that just aren't there, and they only do so because she's a bitchy girl who pretends she has a feisty personality. In reality, she's non-confrontational and humorless. She tries too hard and isn't even that villainous in doing so. Even in Caramoan when she tried to frame herself as an anti-Phillip warrior, all she did was cry and ask him to stop being mean to her? Someone once compared her "witty, scathing remarks" to a game of Cards Against Humanity and if that doesn't sum it up then I don't know what does.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:07 PM #2149
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The Thing About Corinne is that people project all of these qualities onto her that just aren't there, and they only do so because she's a bitchy girl who pretends she has a feisty personality. In reality, she's non-confrontational and humorless. She tries too hard and isn't even that villainous in doing so. Even in Caramoan when she tried to frame herself as an anti-Phillip warrior, all she did was cry and ask him to stop being mean to her? Someone once compared her "witty, scathing remarks" to a game of Cards Against Humanity and if that doesn't sum it up then I don't know what does.
Yeah I agree with you, sums up my thoughts on her too. That last sentence is a great summary of her

Spoiler:

Old 12-04-2020, 06:37 PM #2150
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cards Against Humanity is a great game

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
survivor, thread, watch or rewatch