Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:56 AM #1
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

Default NL: PSV Eindhoven Appoints German Roger Schmidt as new manager for next season

PSV has appointed Roger Schmidt as trainer for next season on Wednesday. The 52-year-old German signs a two-year contract with the people of Eindhoven.

PSV has appointed Roger Schmidt as trainer for next season on Wednesday. The 52-year-old German signs a two-year contract with the people of Eindhoven.

From next season, Schmidt will take over the duties of Ernest Faber, who since the resignation of Mark van Bommel at the end of last year has acted as an interim trainer for the group. Faber will return as head of youth education next summer.

"I had a good feeling with PSV from the first interview," says Schmidt on the club's site. "During the many conversations with Toon Gerbrands and John de Jong, I got a good picture of the way of working and I always realized that PSV's vision of top football fits me."

Until last summer, Schmidt was the trainer of the Chinese Beijing Sinobo Guoan, where he was fired after two years at the end of July. The former football player is best known for his periods as coach of Red Bull Salzburg (2012-2014) and Bayer Leverkusen (2014-2017).

"Roger was at the top of our list"

In 2014, Schmidt conquered the double with Salzburg. In the same 2013/2014 season, he made an impression with the Austrian top club in the Netherlands by simply putting aside Ajax twice in the sixteenth finals of the Europa League with dominant football.

Schmidt led Bayer Leverkusen in his first two seasons to fourth and third place in the Bundesliga, after which he was fired in March 2017 due to disappointing results.

At PSV, he became the first foreign trainer since the Belgian Eric Gerets, who stood for the group from 1999 to 2002 in Eindhoven.

"Roger was at the top of our list and we are very happy that he chose PSV," says technical manager John de Jong. "We want to be the boss on the field. Roger thinks the same about that. In my time as a scout I have often seen his Red Bull Salzburg and Leverkusen play. That impressed me time and again."

In the person of Jörn Wolf, Schmidt takes one assistant trainer to Eindhoven. Wolf was also Bayer Leverkusen's and Beijing Sinobo Guoan's right-hand man from Schmidt, who is not officially presented at PSV until his first day at work.

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/...1ZYu1HIHL.html

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 11:31 AM #2
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

already lots of players, technical staff outed

- defender Schwaab on free transfer gone

- team manager Mart van den heuvel who stayed with the club for like 25 years, goalkeeping coach Ruud Hesp

- also video analyst Wim Rip sacked

- few more psv reserves players too

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
appoints, eindhoven, german, manager, nl, psv, roger, schmidt, season