Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 PM #801
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Having a battle back doesn't make sense in the first place. And why Natalie specifically? She has been irrelevant during the premiere and ever since. Earning tokens and climbing on a top of a mountain doesn't make her a winner.
I would very surprised if the old school players would actually vote for her to win, if she makes it that far.
Because the whole Edge edit has literally been geared toward Natalie returning so if she doesn't I'll just ask myself why.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:46 PM #802
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
Because the whole Edge edit has literally been geared toward Natalie returning so if she doesn't I'll just ask myself why.
It looks like it, but to me it still doesn't mean she's a deserving winner. The winner of the Edge yes, but not the whole game
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:49 PM #803
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It looks like it, but to me it still doesn't mean she's a deserving winner. The winner of the Edge yes, but not the whole game
Yeah I didn't say the whole game. I WANT Michelle to win based on her personality and her edit and frankly it'd be funny, but if Tony makes the final 3 he deserves to win based on his game. Ben and Sarah and Denise just infuriate me because their personalities not only suck but they're so willing to go to the end with Tony for some reason and they're so unaware that he'd just annihilate them in the final TC.

Last edited by Wizard.; 07-05-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:06 PM #804
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

One highlight of the episode though was Nick: "I'm going to vote out the slayer of the queen"
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:14 PM #805
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I don’t mind the Edge that much, but I’d certainly prefer a season without it.

I can understand why they brought it back this season though cause it’s an easy way to get 39 days worth of content from every winner. And as ludicrous as a SIXTEEN person jury looks on screen, I do think it’s a nice touch that for an all winners season, every winner will have a say in who wins.
I would feel that way if they actually gave everyone 39 days of content but we haven't really seen anything from Danni or Yul or Wendell since they've gone to the Edge and we've seen very minimal content from Ethan and Amber (it's almost like the show was originally designed for a smaller cast of ~16 people )

I personally have two problems with the whole Edge/Fire Tokens combo: from a gameplay perspective, it's hilariously unfair. As much as I like Natalie, I'd be furious if I was out there because she's at such a huge advantage having been on the island the longest. She's going into the Return Challenge* with three advantages and an Idol, whereas Nick doesn't even have an opportunity to earn any Fire Tokens. Even if he had his six Fire Tokens, you typically have to bequeath them upon getting voted out. This creates a system that rewards you inversely for how long you last in the game. It's a laughably broken system where it's actually to your advantage to get voted out earlier, and that's the entire opposite point of the show in the first place.

And then from an editing perspective, the tandem of twists have entire suffocated the show. Even when they cut out a Reward Challenge, they still need to dedicate time in each episode to a scene from the Edge, a scene of someone on the island receiving an advantage and contemplating whether or not they should inevitably buy it, and possibly a scene of them needing to borrow additional Fire Tokens from their allies. It effectively creates ~10 minutes of dead airtime most episodes where there's no forward plot movement and no exploring of relationships between the players actually in the game. It's led to many confusing moments like Jeremy/Michele's alliance being dropped and picked back up again and random moments, Nick/Michele's alliance getting similar treatment, Sarah/Sophie being an strong pair who only interacted on camera in the swap episode where Rob was booted, and Ben/Denise somehow being airtight duo when they spent practically the entire game not seen together on camera. The idea of "wow there's just too much content for 45 minutes, I really wish the show had longer episodes each week!" never came into fruition until the show literally gave itself too much content by stuffing twist after twist into the clown car to the point of suffocation.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:02 PM #806
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I would feel that way if they actually gave everyone 39 days of content but we haven't really seen anything from Danni or Yul or Wendell since they've gone to the Edge and we've seen very minimal content from Ethan and Amber (it's almost like the show was originally designed for a smaller cast of ~16 people )
Oh I definitely agree with that! In fact it’s disappointing cause frankly I’d have much rather been watching the EoE than the people left for about a month now...

My point was more that from a production standpoint, they have 39 days worth of content from everyone to do with what they like
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM #807
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
The idea of "wow there's just too much content for 45 minutes, I really wish the show had longer episodes each week!" never came into fruition until the show literally gave itself too much content by stuffing twist after twist into the clown car to the point of suffocation.
I guess we always have the same discussion about it, but a 45 minutes episode of Survivor has not been enough for a very long time, even before season 20. It's insane to have two challenges, tribal council and strategy/plot development in such a short period of time.
Not only that, but they need to cut out some of those twists and advantages and hire new people for editing.
And if in the end they still go ahead with those twists/advantages, the show still need to be longer and better edited.

So yes, in the current situation where the producers won't back down and that we have no other choice but to accept that (or stop watching), there's just too much content for 45 minutes, I really wish the show had longer episodes each week!
Old 08-05-2020, 09:15 AM #808
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Favourites (more):

This list could be completely wrong:

Denise - Most likely to go next
Michele
Sarah
Ben (Idol)
EOE Returnee (Idol)
Tony (Idol) - Least likely to go next

Predicted boot order:

Denise
EOE Returnee
Michele

Final three:

Ben 2nd runner up
Sarah 1st runner up
Tony Winner

Last edited by Calderyon; 08-05-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:19 PM #809
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderyon View Post
This list could be completely wrong:

Denise - Most likely to go next
Michele
Sarah
Ben (Idol)
EOE Returnee (Idol)
Tony (Idol) - Least likely to go next

Predicted boot order:

Denise
EOE Returnee
Michele

Final three:

Ben 2nd runner up
Sarah 1st runner up
Tony Winner
Well at least a woman would get promoted from always coming third with no votes to 2nd place even if I do detest Sarah

Last edited by Wizard.; 08-05-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:22 AM #810
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I've been following a quarantine Survivor season that's been playing out on Instagram with miscellaneous comedians as contestants, and quite honestly I've been enjoying it more than Winners at War? (possibly because someone recently won an extra vote advantage by singing Reflection from Mulan the best)

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:33 AM #811
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:

All in all I am against the edge of extinction, like Chris Underwood’s win was one of the most undeserved wins of any survivor season. I only have liked it being able to see all the winners more that have been voted out. The idea of an edge winner would be good, like who’s worked the hardest and won the most fire tokens over there. Fire tokens I also like, I just wish the ‘menu’ had been more visible to viewers who wanted to buy something. The final five (without the returnee) are a good final five and I think all have worked hard for that and being there at the end game. Ben is the only one I really don’t want to win, can’t remember who said it but a Ben Dreiberg Zoom win would be the worst thing to happen to this season. Ben so didn’t deserve to win his season, Chrissy played the best game by far. All in all I have loved winners at war, just think for the amount of players and the quality of players the usual 40 minutes has not been enough to explain what’s really going on within the tribe. I agree with Macie (can you believe it) that the whispering tribals are frustrating, at first they were entertaining but the fact we don’t even see the votes nowadays it makes things not make much sense. I want Tony to win the most because I appreciate him as a player and he has played his ass oft. Natalie deserves to return but doesn’t deserve to win, if you are out of the game you are out of the game in my view.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:41 AM #812
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

So agree with the fact that Edge is unfair, purely because Nick who was just voted out has a far lesser chance than Natalie who was voted out first. Survivor definitely needs to take a note from the challenge and have one hour episodes too, so many episodes have been so rushed and with ten minutes spent on edge it’s not showing enough of the players still in the game and going to tribal. Honestly though I still have found winners at war so entertaining and one of my favourite seasons, every season has it’s flaws though.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:47 AM #813
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
So agree with the fact that Edge is unfair, purely because Nick who was just voted out has a far lesser chance than Natalie who was voted out first. Survivor definitely needs to take a note from the challenge and have one hour episodes too, so many episodes have been so rushed and with ten minutes spent on edge it’s not showing enough of the players still in the game and going to tribal. Honestly though I still have found winners at war so entertaining and one of my favourite seasons, every season has it’s flaws though.
Yeah it really is a flawed twist. How you gonna reward people for being out of the game earlier? The whole fire token system was reeeeally poorly done in this and it's a shame they decided to do that on a legendary ALL WINNERS season
Old 10-05-2020, 03:13 PM #814

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

I'm sure many realise the Extinction twist is unfair, but the challenges can be quite boring too. Here it was just a run to somewhere, of course they couldn't tell us that others knew where it was but it looked extremely likely that they did.

And Denise's strategy of pretending she was ok going looked far from convincing.

The elimination always seemed between Michelle and Nick. Nick got the advantage but all it did was help Michele in the end.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)

Last edited by starry; 10-05-2020 at 03:15 PM.
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:43 PM #815
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

In the words of Sarah Harding, it's about time

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 08:24 AM #816
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
In the words of Sarah Harding, it's about time

Why did they stop opening credits? Also, I'm so excited for the finale
Old 13-05-2020, 08:33 AM #817
Nah

Nah

I think they stopped because they had to put in so much stuff in 45 minutes, so they scrapped it

Tonight is the night guys! Can't wait for Tony snatching that crown over Zoom
Old 13-05-2020, 08:48 AM #818
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
Why did they stop opening credits? Also, I'm so excited for the finale
"There's just too much of a story to tell so we can't afford to waste forty-five seconds on opening credits" --a show that has somehow gotten even worse at storytelling.
Old 13-05-2020, 08:50 AM #819

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Tony probably wins comfortably, with Sarah getting a few votes and Ben ending up with 0 or 1.

Denise gets voted off first, then the returning contestant and Michelle loses fire making against Ben.

Returning Extinction Islander is either Natalie or Tyson, most likely Natalie. Rob and Parvati are only distant possibilities, but more possible than the others on EOE (excluding Natalie and Tyson). Unless they are making it too obvious on purpose and then blindsiding with a surprise returnee.

Last edited by Calderyon; 13-05-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 13-05-2020, 09:37 AM #820
Nah

Nah

Denise would probably vote for Ben, I don't really see anybody voting for Sarah as she's not as likeable as the others, so yeah if Tony gets there he wins.
A bit more scared if Denise or Michele gets to Final 3, they might snatch some votes.

I would die if they make Natalie too obvious and ends up losing, but it's unlikely at this stage because she has an idol and makes top 4 at least, so they're building some resume for her.
Old 13-05-2020, 01:57 PM #821
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

What time is it on? Don't know if I wanna stay up and sit through commercials
Old 13-05-2020, 03:31 PM #822
Nah

Nah

8:00 PM EST and it's a three-hour season finale.
Old 13-05-2020, 04:01 PM #823
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

3 hours?

You've got to be bloody joking
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 05:11 PM #824

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
3 hours?

You've got to be bloody joking
No, it's true.
Old 13-05-2020, 05:13 PM #825

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Denise would probably vote for Ben, I don't really see anybody voting for Sarah as she's not as likeable as the others, so yeah if Tony gets there he wins.
A bit more scared if Denise or Michele gets to Final 3, they might snatch some votes.

I would die if they make Natalie too obvious and ends up losing, but it's unlikely at this stage because she has an idol and makes top 4 at least, so they're building some resume for her.
Top 5, unless she wins an immunity idol before that.

I would imagine anyone who returns and has an HIID and does not have an immunity necklace, uses it on the final 6 tribal.

Rob and Tyson also have idols, but Rob's edit has decreased in terms of quality, so he probably isn't returning. Tyson's is somewhat better.

Last edited by Calderyon; 13-05-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
40, allwinners, cast, leaked, rumoured, survivor, theme, war, winners