Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-05-2020, 09:47 PM #76

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
They both admitted that what she had done was wrong and stupid and she apologised profusely - Sturgeon wanted her to stay on because we were in the midst of a pandemic and she felt that the disruption would be bad for the country.

I personally would NOT be calling for any resignations IF Cummings had just ****ing admitted that he was being a bit selfish and acted outside the rules, admitted that it was going directly against the government lockdown guidelines, and gave a genuine apology. I know that wouldn't be enough for a lot of people but for me, that would be it. A "meh, whatever" after that. But no it's been utterly ridiculous lie after lie, dumb fairytales about his eyesight that we're supposed to believe, and an attempt to rewrite history to say that the rules were never what we thought they were. That is the problem here. It's not that he went on a drive or toddled off out to a castle for his wife's birthday. It's that the elected government of this country is happy to treat their voters, and the whole public, like unfathomably gullible idiots. It's a lack of respect that's verging on contempt. It shows such a willingness to lie and twist things to suit themselves that every single citizen of this country should be worried about it.

Stripping all that back just tells me that this non entity of a story is down to the hungry press.

You've quoted st least 2 headlines.

Last edited by parmnion; 26-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:49 PM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Strip all that back just tells me that this non entity of a story is down to the hungry press.
His outright lies are down to the press? No.

The press are many things, they are not responsible for Cumming's words and actions and even more not to blame for Boris Johnson's utter contempt for the people he is supposed to be serving.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:51 PM #78
-

-

Quote:
Stripping all that back just tells me that this non entity of a story is down to the hungry press.

You've quoted st least 2 headlines.
If I've quoted headlines it's coincidence; I don't read the papers (physical or online). Ever.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:51 PM #79
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I pretty much agree TS. Calderwood basically said "I did wrong, I'm sorry" and she should have been allowed to get on with her job.
If Cummings had even just said "lol you got me, peasants!" this would probably have dried up by now, it's not like anyone could think less of him! But it's just insulting that he's flinging these excuses out there.

Quote:
Thankfully boris has Britons best interests at heart.
How does Cummings staying on represent our interests?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:56 PM #80
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
How does Cummings staying on represent our interests?
I've seen some folks-in-politics suggest that Boris ... struggles to make decisions ... and quite often relies on Cummings to prompt him to do anything at all. Seems he wouldn't be able to pick out a tie without asking Dom whether it should be patterned or plain.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:00 PM #81

Boris always looks like he's just rolled out of bed after a late one on the Xbox and downed a red bull before leaving the house so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:09 PM #82

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
His outright lies are down to the press? No.

The press are many things, they are not responsible for Cumming's words and actions and even more not to blame for Boris Johnson's utter contempt for the people he is supposed to be serving.
Boris has served us well so far during his tenure as pm..

Cummings was forced into a corner by a hungry press desperate for something to latch onto, unfortunately he took the decision hundreds of thousands of families in the same position would have, and should have.

These people are humans you know, they do love people and make them the centre of their universe like the rest of us.

Perhaps what he said were lies in his circumstances, but imo alone it seems.. what he described a family that could do that at the time , would and infact should .they came into contact as a family unit with nobody else after all.

Last edited by parmnion; 26-05-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:13 PM #83

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Boris always looks like he's just rolled out of bed after a late one on the Xbox and downed a red bull before leaving the house so I wouldn't be surprised.
I hope you ain't looking horizontal in a box if you catch corona marsh. I really mean that.

Slams pint on bar and walks out the virtual pub.

Last edited by parmnion; 26-05-2020 at 10:15 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:17 PM #84

Quote:
Boris has served us well so far during his tenure as pm..

Cummings was forced into a corner by a hungry press desperate for something to latch onto, unfortunately he took the decision hundreds of thousands of families in the same position would have, and should have.

These people are humans you know, they do love people and make them the centre of their universe like the rest of us.

Perhaps what he said were lies in his circumstances, but imo alone it seems..a family that could do that would and infact should .they came into contact as a family unit with nobody else after all.
A lot of words making someone's selfish actions, disregard for his position in the government, and utter contempt for the British public everyone's issue except his own. All to allow the government to wriggle out of owning up to their own actions?

"These people are humans" are they? Well at least he might be able to relate to a fraction of the pain his "guidelines that actually don't mean much" have caused to innumerable people across the country that now holds one of the worst Covid death tolls in the world. I'm sure the fact that Cummings is human (apparently) will make up for the sacrifices they made, which he took the absolute piss out of in his shambles of a live broadcast.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:17 PM #85

Quote:
I hope you ain't looking horizontal in a box if you catch corona marsh. I really mean that.

Slams pint on bar and walks out the virtual pub.
I'm sure that made more sense in your head before you put fingers to keyboard.

Here. Have an "lol" for the effort.

Last edited by Marsh.; 26-05-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:21 PM #86

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A lot of words making someone's selfish actions, disregard for his position in the government, and utter contempt for the British public everyone's issue except his own. All to allow the government to wriggle out of owning up to their own actions?

"These people are humans" are they? Well at least he might be able to relate to a fraction of the pain his "guidelines that actually don't mean much" have caused to innumerable people across the country that now holds one of the worst Covid death tolls in the world. I'm sure the fact that Cummings is human (apparently) will make up for the sacrifices they made, which he took the absolute piss out of in his shambles of a live broadcast.

Family comes first, why wouldn't it is my question to you?

And the death toll would have been maybe ten grand more had we all stayed out

Last edited by parmnion; 26-05-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:23 PM #87

Quote:
They both admitted that what she had done was wrong and stupid and she apologised profusely - Sturgeon wanted her to stay on because we were in the midst of a pandemic and she felt that the disruption would be bad for the country.

I personally would NOT be calling for any resignations IF Cummings had just ****ing admitted that he was being a bit selfish and acted outside the rules, admitted that it was going directly against the government lockdown guidelines, and gave a genuine apology. I know that wouldn't be enough for a lot of people but for me, that would be it. A "meh, whatever" after that. But no it's been utterly ridiculous lie after lie, dumb fairytales about his eyesight that we're supposed to believe, and an attempt to rewrite history to say that the rules were never what we thought they were. That is the problem here. It's not that he went on a drive or toddled off out to a castle for his wife's birthday. It's that the elected government of this country is happy to treat their voters, and the whole public, like unfathomably gullible idiots. It's a lack of respect that's verging on contempt. It shows such a willingness to lie and twist things to suit themselves that every single citizen of this country should be worried about it.
Completely agree with every word. Had Cummings apologised yesterday i think a lot of people would still have been rightly pissed but thought not an awful lot more of it. The downright refusal to admit he had acted against his own advice coupled with the Gove and Hancock debacle today just compounded the GBP thinking they have sacrificed their right to free movement for the bigwigs to do what the **** they want
Old 26-05-2020, 10:25 PM #88

Quote:
Why wouldn't a family outing come before people's lives during a pandemic?
Take a wild guess.

Quote:
Had we all been out for day trips like Cummings you mean? Yes, exactly.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:30 PM #89

Quote:

Family does come first indeed.....its a shame that so many people's family members died alone because people adhered to Cummings preachings about staying home....so many people.were denied the right to mourn their loved ones due to restrictions on funerals.....but good ole Dom boy could trot off to mummy and daddy's estate because he felt a lickle bit poorly. Bull****.

Last edited by AnnieK; 26-05-2020 at 10:31 PM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 10:31 PM #90

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Quote:
Why wouldn't a family outing come before people's lives during a pandemic?
Take a wild guess.

Had we all been out for day trips like Cummings you mean? Yes, exactly.
No that's not what I mean.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:36 PM #91

Quote:
No that's not what I mean.
Of course it isn't.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:36 PM #92

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Family does come first indeed.....its a shame that so many people's family members died alone because people adhered to Cummings preachings about staying home....so many people.were denied the right to mourn their loved ones due to restrictions on funerals.....but good ole Dom boy could trot off to mummy and daddy's estate because he felt a lickle bit poorly. Bull****.
Had dominic or his wife or child had died they would also have been denied the right to say goodbye so they did all they could to stop this happening whilst keeping other members of the public safe...if that's bull**** then I find your comments crass and heartless to people that have had to endure that.

Last edited by parmnion; 26-05-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:38 PM #93

Quote:
Had dominic or his wife or child had died they would also have been denied the right to say goodbye so they did all they could whilst keeping other members of the public safe...if that's bull**** then I find your comments crass and heartless to people that have had to endure that.
"If they'd died..." is an excuse for breaking lockdown guidelines and then lying about it. You need to think that one through again. The only danger to their lives was Cummings getting behind the wheel of a car with bad eyesight, allegedly.

Maybe go back to "He's a human", that one was working. Kind of.

Last edited by Marsh.; 26-05-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:42 PM #94

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"If they'd died..." is an excuse for breaking lockdown guidelines and then lying about it. You need to think that one through again. The only danger to their lives was Cummings getting behind the wheel of a car with bad eyesight, allegedly.

Maybe go back to "He's a human", that one was working. Kind of.
Can you let other people that the reply is directed at answer first please..you make me lose my train of thought.and I'm fed up with it.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:42 PM #95

Quote:
Can you let other people that the reply is directed at answer first please..you make me lose my train of thought.and I'm fed up with it.
I'm impressed you have a train of thought going on with the drivel you're posting in this thread.

FYI, you want a private conversation? Take it to PM.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:45 PM #96

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm impressed you have a train of thought going on with the drivel you're posting in this thread.

FYI, you want a private conversation? Take it to PM.
Thanks but the last time I tried that i posted the question on my wall.
Old 27-05-2020, 05:43 AM #97

As regards the Cummings family

Why is everyone dismissing the fact that this apparently unforgivable ‘crime’ comes down to an obviously concerned couple simply doing their level best to protect their 4 yrs old child , whilst actually causing no harm to anyone !

Blimey I’d give them the benefit of the doubt if their explanation was based around them simply being worried that they MAY both get poorly but given we KNOW that that the mother was poorly at the start and the father actually got very , very poorly the whole witch-hunt seems grossly unfair .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 09:35 AM #98
-

-

In all seriousness though, Zizu, why do you copy and past the same post into multiple threads? You've posted this one on I think four threads?

Literally no one else does it . If you can't be arsed to write more than one post, stick to one thread. It's just spam at this point.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-05-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 29-05-2020, 01:00 PM #99

Default Scottish Health Minister under fire for breaking her own rules

Last edited by Zizu; 29-05-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 29-05-2020, 01:06 PM #100

Quote:
In all seriousness though, Zizu, why do you copy and past the same post into multiple threads? You've posted this one on I think four threads?

Literally no one else does it . If you can't be arsed to write more than one post, stick to one thread. It's just spam at this point.

Ok ... I’m done here

You win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
breaking, fire, health, minister, rules, scottish