Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 29-05-2020, 10:44 PM #101
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):

Video footage of everyone asking Saph when the final is

Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 11:08 PM #102
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

me posting in other threads on tibb

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 07:47 AM #103
Nah

Nah

A little something to remind us of goddess Jade Cole

And OBVIOUSLY the best read of all time:
"FURONDA MY DEAR"

The epicness
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:21 PM #104
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

2nd - Cycle 6 (2006)

wow okay so I debated which of these iconic cycles to put 1st and 2nd for ages because they're both neck and neck. I finally (after like 6 days) decided to give the runner-up slot to Cycle 6.

This cycles casting episode introduced us to a whole bunch of new girls like cage dancer Joanie, no-nonsense Danielle, the iconic phone sex operator Furonda, the legendary miss undiscovered supermodel Jade and also Wendy who hadn't heard from her family since hurricane Katrina but for some reason decided to come on the show anyway

I'm not even sure where to start with this one, but lets go with then the final 13 girls had an impromptu press interview with Janice Dickinson, the girls were all saying their piece, while Furonda was trying to speak, Jade snatches the mic away and starts talking instead

The girls have to wear bald caps for their first photoshoot and somehow some of them look great while others look awful. Country Kathy is the first to be eliminated. Then came the makeovers and Jade was furious that her afro had been cut off and dyed blonde and was adamant that she needed long hair. Meanwhile back at the house Wendy had finally managed to re-connect with her family over the phone, until Jade comes up and demands she needs to use it. Leading to one of the most iconic scenes from the show between Jade and Furonda "sitting there with that crown on your head, they aint even real diamonds"

Wendy leaves the phone room and says to Jade "you need to not take your anger out on other people" to which Jade replies "goodbye JLO goodbye JLO"

oh, and then Wendy was eliminated once production found out her missing family storyline was over nnnnn

After the girls had their makeovers, Furonda was really feeling her new long weave and decided she was gonna hand out a list of her 'rules' to the other girls..

my personal favourite is "if you need anything other than emergency items, please do not ask me"

Joanie also got her teeth re-done because they looked bloody awful. Danielle got the now infamous gap closing too.

For the runway that week the girls had to walk with a bejeweled cockroach as an accessory. Jade was taunting Gina backstage with her cockroach and caused Gina to slip on the runway. When it was Jades turn to go she actually kissed her cockroach.

The girls also had that infamous panel test where they had to walk in the 6 inch heels. Danielle actually sprained her ankle from falling so hard.

One of the biggest storys of the cycle was Nnenna and her possessive boyfriend John, which came to blows when Nnenna kissed a male model on a shoot. Brooke had decided she was sick of Nnenna and completely flipped out, telling the whole house how much of a selfish bitch she was.

Janice Dickinson joined the girls for dinner one day and her and Jade were getting on well. Janice then asked Gina who she thought was the bitch in the house and Gina pointed to Jade, who gave us the iconic "wha?" gif. Janice then decided to let rip at Gina for ratting out Jade, "we NEVER rat out our bitches!"

The girls also did that infamous improv challenge with Nick Cannon, when they had to do an improv rap, Jade and Furonda were paired against eachother and the rest was history...

Then there was the iconic covergirl improv commercial, where each girl had to improv their lines while walking through a party. Practically all the girls did an awful job. Brooke gave her iconic "I just LOVE wearing covergirl...its just SO nice to wear" and then Jade of course delivered her legendary performances..

As I've said before, when the girls go to Asia you know its going to be a scream, this cycle the girls went to Thailand and it was a complete culture shock. As Jade and Nnenna were the challenge winners, they were treated to a Thai massage by the other girls. Joanie was the only one who took it seriously while Furonda and Danielle were poking with their fingers instead

At the go-sees, no girl made it back on time. Jade decided to see all the designers which made her over an hour late. Danielle got really sick while in Thailand and had to spend a night in the hospital to recover from food poisoning.

For the challenge, the girls had to perform a traditional Thai dance in front of an audience, the whole challenge was a mess and gave us Furondas iconic crunk hula dance

There was also drama at the elephant photoshoot when Joanie accused Sara of copying her poses on the elephant.

Eventually the final 3 came down to Jade, Joanie and Danielle. Jade was eliminated before the final runway and gave us one of, if not THE most iconic exit of all time

"I have what it takes, it’s just that my look is in a different realm. People don’t know how to handle it. This face will definitely be hard to forget. Jade.. will be hard.. to forget."

Joanie and Danielle both killed the final runway and ultimately Danielle won. This was a very strong top 2 but I think Danielle had taken so many consistently strong photos and endured so much during her time on the show that it was almost a no-brainer to give her the win.

Cycle ranking: 10/10

and to read us out, a poem by our very own Jade Cole:

Leftover lady,

let alone the strongest to be subdued,

If only I had the magic key,

that would unlock the realms

to the plateau of the highest me,

even though I’ve been badly bruised,

living in a house, to become a popular muse.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 02-06-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:29 PM #105
ah™

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
ah™

Favourites:

this thread iconique! antm6 robbedt though

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:32 PM #106
ah™

Favourites:
ah™

Favourites:

alseaux cycle 18 making top 10 period!

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
brat. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:36 PM #107
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

A stupendous thread with a worthy top placement!
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:10 PM #108
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

1st - Cycle 3 (2004)

Obviously its no secret, Cycle 3 has taken the top spot, purely for being the the cycle that truly kick-started ANTMs iconic legacy. Cycle 1 & 2 were great, but cycle 3 is when the drama began.

First of all, the casting ep from this cycle was iconic. We had Eva making a name for herself and causing drama on the first day, that one girl who just decided she didnt wanna be there and stomped out, Toccara giving us one of the most iconic entrances ever (miss J was truly shook), that other plus size model Mary who looked basic af idk why she even came back in c4.... and thats just the start..

of course we also met Tiffany for the first time during casting where she got into the iconic bar fight (back in the days when the girls were allowed to go out!). After having a dance off, some local poured her beer all over Tiffany leading them to have a full on glass throwing fight. Tiffany said the iconic line...

Tiffany got sent home but obviously came back for cycle 4 (where she was part of an even more infamous moment ). Also sent home was plus size Mary who spent the entire episode comparing herself to Toccara. Anorexic Amy of whom Eva spent the entire ep calling gross NNNN. Then there was that one girl with the bleach blonde emo hair who went crying on the bathroom floor and Tyra had to go comfort her you'd NEVER catch Tyra being that nice in later cycles.

Then there was that completely random moment when the first bunch of girls had been cut when Amanda decided to announce she was legally blind

The final 14 then went straight to Jamaica for a swimsuit photoshoot on some really awkward looking rocks. It was announced that one girl would be eliminated the next morning based on her performance in the photoshoot. Leah was convinced it would be here and made sure she was the one to read the letter telling who the girl leaving was. That girl was Magdalena.. however at panel, Leah got sent home too

When the girls go to their house in NYC, Ann is upset when she cant share a room with Eva and they have that weird moment where shes crying like "YOU'RE GONNA BE AT MY WEDDING!" (fun fact: she wasn't).

The girls had their makeovers and many people commented on how Amanda changed her personality once she got given he platinum blonde hair. Ann was crying because they cut like an inch off her hair, meanwhile Jennipher who had hair down to her knees got all of hers hacked off and was given some horrible aunty box job golden hair.

At panel that week, Tyra asked Julie why she wanted to be a model. When Julie replied it was to get her into the manufacturing business, she was sent home sksksk

When Eva wins a challenge at the house she cries "in your tall bitches faces", which causes fumes when a couple of others think she says "in your fat bitches faces" nnnn

While Eva and Ann are out enjoying Evas prize win. Amanda thinks Eva has stolen her crystals and decides to set a trap for her. Later that day when Eva returns, Amanda bumps past her without apologizing, causing one of the most iconic fights in antm history. Eva and Amanda start going at it in the hallway and somehow Jennipher and Ann get involved before Jennipher asks why Ann is always up Evas butt. Meanwhile Kristi is on the phone asking them to keep the noise does "as my boyfriend can hear everything you're saying" nnn. Jennipher eventually gets tired and pushes Ann out the way, leaving Ann stood shook.

starting from 8:00

Turns out blind Amanda had just misplaced her crystals

Then there was stripper Cassie and her bulimia. She had made it no secret that she had an eating disorder and didnt like to eat much. Which is weird considering her one big fight came from her food being tampered with.. Ann and Eva were tired of Cassie leaving her mess all around the kitchen so Ann decided to get a knife and write "clean your s**t" in Cassies freshly baked brownies This obviously caused a huge drama when the girls went out for dinner. Yaya had her 'respeito' top on and Ann couldn't resist asking her what it meant. Yaya replied "it means respect, there seems to be a lack of it in the house". This went on to Ann admitting to writing in Cassies food, to which Cassie shouted "DONT TOUCH MY S**T"

Tyra then held this very half-arsed intervention with Cassie and told her she thinks she should see a therapist for her bulimia. Cassie refuses and she gets sent home. In the next ep, Tyra and her mum have a heart to heart where Tyra says she feels 'really bad' for sending Cassie home, her mum reassures Tyra that shes a good person and tried to help

Another scream was Kelle, who described herself as 'a white girl with a really good tan' All the other girls started to get tired of her and her pompous attitude and constant bragging about the things she had. She delivered some classic one-liners, like this...

and of course when Tyra asked her what her insecurity was, she replied "I think I have a face like a monkey"

There were also some great photoshoot this cycle, like the one on a trampoline, the kimono one and the iconic tarantula one where Mr Jay introduced a 'special guest' and some ranger woman walked in holding a tarantula to which Eva asked "do you mean her or the spider?" nnnnn

After getting clipped with the industrial clippers in the last ep, Toccara was starting to feel the pressure of the competition and was eliminated, something that Tyra said many years later that she regretted.

The girls went abroad to Tokyo, Japan. Their first task when arriving was to do a campbells soup commercial in Japanese language. Needless to say they were all terrible

Norelle seemed to have the biggest culture shock, she didnt even know what Japanese people ate..

Eva, Ann and Norelle who had called themselves 'pink positive' due to them sharing the pink room in NYC had started to crumble. Ann was starting to get tired of Eva and after Eva throws Norelle under the bus saying she should go home, Ann and Eva have their breakup.

One of the biggest screams from overseas came when the girls had to do a traditional Japanese tea drinking challenge. Everything was so precise and had to be immaculate, and the girls were so messy, especially Norelle.

@3:50

and of course the iconic ANTM Umeboshi challenge, where Yaya spat hers out

In the end, the final 2 came down to Eva and Yaya with Eva taking the win. Imo the right decision, Eva could take some amazing photos and had a personality for the entertainment industry. Yaya went on to have a successful acting career.

I've probably missed so many iconic moments from this cycle its hard to think of them all, you'll have to remind me

Cycle ranking: 10/10

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 02-06-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM #109
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

God, 3 and 6 were honestly perfect pieces of television, even right down to the winners. Like there'll literally never be a more perfect reality series ever.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:36 AM #110
Jemal

Favourites (more):

Jemal

Favourites (more):

My favourite series won

The best winner from the best cycle. Iconic casting, iconic drama, iconic photoshoots, iconic judging challenges, iconic overseas location, iconic final runway, an all black final two, the three most successful girls from the season all being black and still relevant today

We. Love. To. See. It

Great ranking Saph

Last edited by Gstar; 05-06-2020 at 02:37 AM.
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:56 AM #111
Nah

Nah

Justice for cycle 6 being robbedt!

I'm kidding, thanks Saph for the work you put in this! It's always nice to see some good memories coming back, and crazy moments too
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
americas, cycle, model, ranked, top, worst