Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-06-2020, 11:03 AM #51
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I didn't actually read the OP before but jfc.

Anyone who has lived through this year and is trying to deny the reality of things are beyond help. You're not interested in facts, you want to be comforted by a nice lie. Tell the hundreds of thousands of people that have died that it's a hoax, go yell at the loved ones they laughed behind that their grief is a hoax.

People are dying, it's honestly gross how many Americans are basically brainwashed into thinking that the economy outweighs the value of human life, these same people who value the economy over life are the same people who will screech All Lives Matter despite being willing to sacrifice the elderly for a ****ing haircut a few weeks back.
I'm a bit concerned about what info is being given out in America. I had a full on keyboard warrior argument with a few Americans a couple of days ago who were insisting blue-in-the-face that wearing a mask and hand hygiene is enough to flatten the Covid curve, and denying the internationally established fact that banning mass gatherings and 2m social distancing has been the turning point in every single country that has reversed the trend. They're being told things can go on as normal and Covid will soon be gone so long as they wear a mask and wash their hands, and they believe it .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-06-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 11:07 AM #52

2 of our co-workers and a family friend have passed away due to the virus and a good few other people we know were very unwell with it.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 11:19 AM #53
-

-

I'm still relatively sure my wife had it towards the start of lockdown, it was the worst cough I've ever heard and it went on forever, and (although she doesn't think it did) I'm pretty sure it began with a mild fever for 24-48h. My youngest also had a brief fever and mild cough - not an abnormal cough that I'd usually have thought anything of, but it lingered for 4+ weeks. I also went through a phase of "odd" breathlessness where I'd be just stood making dinner or something and suddenly feel like I'd been out running (out of breath, heart rate up) and I did have a very minor cough for at most two days. Again not something I'd usually think anything of. Only my wife's cough seemed abnormally severe.

She could probably get antibody testing (as an NHS professional) but is it weird that I'd be a bit "disappointed" if it turns out that wasn't it?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-06-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 14-06-2020, 12:23 PM #54
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm a bit concerned about what info is being given out in America. I had a full on keyboard warrior argument with a few Americans a couple of days ago who were insisting blue-in-the-face that wearing a mask and hand hygiene is enough to flatten the Covid curve, and denying the internationally established fact that banning mass gatherings and 2m social distancing has been the turning point in every single country that has reversed the trend. They're being told things can go on as normal and Covid will soon be gone so long as they wear a mask and wash their hands, and they believe it .
As long as the economy is unbothered, the government don't care about sacrificing the worker bees and the worker bees prefer comfort over facts. Over a hundred thousand people have died in the US alone and you've got the gullible believing it's a hoax.

Honestly, the way things are going in the US, hundreds of thousands more will die,especially considering that even when the vaccine is created, you'll have the pro-disease people choosing not to take it because they think autism is contagious.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 01:48 PM #55
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
So sorry for your loss darling x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
Sorry to hear about your losses guys. Love to you all.

I'm thankful not to have known anybody to die from coronavirus, but a lot of my family members have had it, some with symptoms and some without who only found out after being tested.
thank you guys

It was very shocking for my family like we started the year off celebrating him beating cancer.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 02:06 PM #56

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I am sorry for those people who have lost loved ones or are in hospital .Personally I don't know of anyone round here who has had it , or has died from it. We have been very lucky so far.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 12:21 PM #57

2 years ago I came back from a cruise ,of the far east, with the worst chest infection I have ever had. My temp went up alarmingly and I had trouble breathing. I was admitted to hospital (the one where I had been a night sister) and put on oxygen and an antibiotic drip. The diagnosis was chest infection. It took me a while to bounce back from it. I was 68 so didn't expect to recover as quickly as a younger person and accepted the fact that I had lost my sense of smell and taste as just one of those things. The sense of smell didn't come back until early this year. I'm hoping one day, to get an antibody test because I can't help wondering if it was covid-19. Because my husband is shielding, I have had the test for the virus which is negative thank goodness but I would love to see if I have any antibodies
Tasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 01:33 PM #58
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasi View Post
2 years ago I came back from a cruise ,of the far east, with the worst chest infection I have ever had. My temp went up alarmingly and I had trouble breathing. I was admitted to hospital (the one where I had been a night sister) and put on oxygen and an antibiotic drip. The diagnosis was chest infection. It took me a while to bounce back from it. I was 68 so didn't expect to recover as quickly as a younger person and accepted the fact that I had lost my sense of smell and taste as just one of those things. The sense of smell didn't come back until early this year. I'm hoping one day, to get an antibody test because I can't help wondering if it was covid-19. Because my husband is shielding, I have had the test for the virus which is negative thank goodness but I would love to see if I have any antibodies
There's always the possibility that it was old-school SARS.
Old 18-06-2020, 01:36 PM #59
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I know a couple of people who have had it but none too serious that they needed to be hospitalised thankfully

A woman that Gav works with's husband died from it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 02:18 PM #60
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I am sorry for those people who have lost loved ones or are in hospital .Personally I don't know of anyone round here who has had it , or has died from it. We have been very lucky so far.
That's one of the problems with this vile virus Kazanne.

We may well have known or come across someone who has it, yet we not know that or in fact them not really too.

Apparently, even before the symptoms, for 1 to 3 days before symptoms, it's believed it can be passed on even then.

Obviously anyone who has it can as well, whether they know they have it or not.

It's why it's so dangerous to those with health conditions or who are elderly too.
Friends and Cousins I have in the medical profession have been reduced to tears and even fear, seeing how it ravages a person.

I'm glad somewhere is seemingly not affected or at least, too badly from it, and pleased you have kept safe too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 03:12 PM #61
-

-

I love that Liberty asked if anyone had direct experience of it expecting the answer to be "no" for some tasty confirmation bias, and then when people had direct personal experience of it... Never replied again. Got the wrong answer I guess.
Old 18-06-2020, 03:18 PM #62
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I love that Liberty asked if anyone had direct experience of it expecting the answer to be "no" for some tasty confirmation bias, and then when people had direct personal experience of it... Never replied again. Got the wrong answer I guess.
Noticed this too
Old 18-06-2020, 04:17 PM #63
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

probably whispered "liberal plants" to themselves, tutted, and returned to the warm familiarity of InfoWars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
covid19