Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-06-2020, 04:30 PM #201

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
There is no evidence that she even said that as well. I don't know how he could possibly have known what the woman was saying while he was driving behind her on a motorway
He said she was following him at one point and then he followed her, they could have passed each other at some point, but then there’s no evidence on either side and you’re perfectly willing to call him a liar
Old 24-06-2020, 04:30 PM #202
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
OK forget about the article, what about the situation itself, the twitter thread, the woman is being harassed and is terrified when apparently it was the man who had been in the wrong in the traffic incident. And this is a thing, that it OK because she's a white woman of a certain age so is probably the one in the wrong because of that

https://twitter.com/wypipo_h8/status...28765941977089
Thats fine Niamh, the general feeling is she deserved it as she is a white woman over 30, maybe we need to don our Handmaids Tale hats and be done with it because we can no longer speak our minds even when we are in the right without being ridiculed online by people who claim to be from an inclusive progressive generation

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 04:33 PM #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Doxxing is awful and shouldn’t be a thing we can agree on that, but if people want to be openly racist and have no qualms about it, then they should face repercussions
There is absolutely nothing to say this woman was racist, openly or covertly though. He would have no way of knowing if she said anything or not in her car and she obviously didn't say anything racist when they were arguing as it was streaming and his followers would have heard.
Old 24-06-2020, 04:33 PM #204

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
OK forget about the article, what about the situation itself, the twitter thread, the woman is being harassed and is terrified when apparently it was the man who had been in the wrong in the traffic incident. And this is a thing, that it's OK because she's a white woman of a certain age so is probably the one in the wrong because of that

https://twitter.com/wypipo_h8/status...28765941977089
If he was in the wrong, does that warrant her being racist towards him?

It’s not about these people being white women, it’s about people feeling entitled to be racist and abusive towards people without fear of any comeback, ‘Karen’ can be a man in his 20’s it doesn’t matter, it’s the attitude they have is the problem, the only people making out to be a racial thing are the ones desperate to defend the offenders

Last edited by Liam-; 24-06-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 04:38 PM #205
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If he was in the wrong, does that warrant her being racist towards him?

It’s not about these people being white women, it’s about people feeling entitled to be racist and abusive towards people without fear of any comeback, ‘Karen’ can be a man in his 20’s it doesn’t matter, it’s the attitude they have is the problem, the only people making out to be a racial thing are the ones desperate to defend the offenders
Following a woman home and filming where she lives as well as her number plate and posting online can never be justified, even if she did slur him which is debatable

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 04:41 PM #206

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Following a woman home and filming where she lives as well as her number plate and posting online can never be justified, even if she did slur him which is debatable
Doxxing is gross like I have said, but I’m not gonna feel too much sympathy for someone that pretends that she’s being ‘attacked’ by a black person when they’re called out on their behaviour

But what if he followed a man home? Would he be getting the same defence and concern as this woman is, somehow I don’t think so.

Last edited by Liam-; 24-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 24-06-2020, 04:47 PM #207

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Also, that account was suspended because his banner violated their services, not any of his content
Old 24-06-2020, 05:12 PM #208
-

-

There is literally no excuse for following someone to their home and filming it + their car reg to post online, and this guy has former as a professional troll... and MAGA supporter. I think you're backing the wrong horse on this one Liam.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 05:14 PM #209
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also, that account was suspended because his banner violated their services, not any of his content
Well it should have been because of his content considering he put her home and license plate on there

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 05:14 PM #210

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There is literally no excuse for following someone to their home and filming it + their car reg to post online, and this guy has former as a professional troll... and MAGA supporter. I think you're backing the wrong horse on this one Liam.
I’ve already said I disagree with that
Old 24-06-2020, 05:17 PM #211

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

He said she said....

Meh!!!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 05:19 PM #212

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Calling someone the N-word is a pretty ugly thing to do, but it doesn't warrant doxxing someone and ruining their life. The latter is much worse.
Plenty people of all colours use that n word.

Some colours get away with using it as a racial slur though.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 05:25 PM #213
-

-

Quote:
I’ve already said I disagree with that
With a big "but she deserved it" attached, no proof that she was actually racist, and little care for the fact that he's been trying desperately to "go viral by any means" for years.

We have no idea what happened before the camera started rolling and thus, I have no idea if she did anything wrong. I do know that he's doing something wrong.

I also fully understand why, in the current climate, she would be that scared about being filmed and put online... You can get a home address from a car reg and a claim with zero evidence can ruin your life.

It's a mess.
Old 24-06-2020, 05:41 PM #214

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
With a big "but she deserved it" attached, no proof that she was actually racist, and little care for the fact that he's been trying desperately to "go viral by any means" for years.

We have no idea what happened before the camera started rolling and thus, I have no idea if she did anything wrong. I do know that he's doing something wrong.

I also fully understand why, in the current climate, she would be that scared about being filmed and put online... You can get a home address from a car reg and a claim with zero evidence can ruin your life.

It's a mess.
He shouldn’t have followed her home ive said that, but for me she lost any moral high ground when she started loudly claiming he was attacking her, when he wasn’t, to garner false support from around her, that could have ruined his life if he wasn’t recording, if one of her neighbours heard that and phoned the police saying a neighbour was being attacked by a black man, what do we think would have happened?

You’re right, we have no evidence of her racism, I don’t know this mans history, but we also don’t know for sure she wasn’t racist, he shouldn’t have followed her home, he was wrong for that, but she used the very typical tactic of falsely accusing a black person of ‘attacking’ her, they were both wrong
Old 24-06-2020, 05:42 PM #215
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Doxxing is gross like I have said, but I’m not gonna feel too much sympathy for someone that pretends that she’s being ‘attacked’ by a black person when they’re called out on their behaviour

But what if he followed a man home? Would he be getting the same defence and concern as this woman is, somehow I don’t think so.
Just regarding your last paragraph, I don't know is the answer as it's hypothetical. Is it worse that she's a woman and he's a man? maybe/maybe not, neither is good but I can only look at it from a woman's point of view, I would certainly feel scared if a man i didn't know followed me home and started harrassing me

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 24-06-2020, 05:57 PM #216
-

-

Quote:
He shouldn’t have followed her home ive said that, but for me she lost any moral high ground when she started loudly claiming he was attacking her, when he wasn’t, to garner false support from around her, that could have ruined his life if he wasn’t recording, if one of her neighbours heard that and phoned the police saying a neighbour was being attacked by a black man, what do we think would have happened?

You’re right, we have no evidence of her racism, I don’t know this mans history, but we also don’t know for sure she wasn’t racist, he shouldn’t have followed her home, he was wrong for that, but she used the very typical tactic of falsely accusing a black person of ‘attacking’ her, they were both wrong
He followed her, put a camera in her face, made accusations, recorded her home and vehicle and was clear that he was streaming it online. He undeniably WAS attacking her, an attack doesn't have to be physical? Also he specifically talked about how she had "flipped him off" and then later added when confronted by someone else that she called him a n_? But didn't mention that as his reason for following her? Seems a bit odd? If you actually listen to the video, when he asks her why she's so hysterical and what he's actually done to her, she says "you're trying to ruin my life and you don't even know me".

Doxxing like this costs people their careers and reputations and can literally destroy lives. And no, there doesn't need to be ANY evidence to support the claim for that to happen. Her fear is completely justified.

Honestly, following someone to their home because they've given you the finger from their car after a minor traffic incident is utterly ****ing mental. *I* would be pretty scared and have my guard up, and I'm a 6'2 bloke.

Personally I think if you're passionate about a cause you should be wary of people hijacking the cause for their own less-savoury reasons, because its inevitable. Look this guy up.
Old 24-06-2020, 06:12 PM #217

He also had music on in his car and she was driving with a mask on. So he couldn't lip read any racial slurs and how far could her voice have carried?
Old 24-06-2020, 06:13 PM #218

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He followed her, put a camera in her face, made accusations, recorded her home and vehicle and was clear that he was streaming it online. He undeniably WAS attacking her, an attack doesn't have to be physical? Also he specifically talked about how she had "flipped him off" and then later added when confronted by someone else that she called him a n_? But didn't mention that as his reason for following her? Seems a bit odd? If you actually listen to the video, when he asks her why she's so hysterical and what he's actually done to her, she says "you're trying to ruin my life and you don't even know me".

Doxxing like this costs people their careers and reputations and can literally destroy lives. And no, there doesn't need to be ANY evidence to support the claim for that to happen. Her fear is completely justified.

Honestly, following someone to their home because they've given you the finger from their car after a minor traffic incident is utterly ****ing mental. *I* would be pretty scared and have my guard up, and I'm a 6'2 bloke.

Personally I think if you're passionate about a cause you should be wary of people hijacking the cause for their own less-savoury reasons, because its inevitable. Look this guy up.
Like I said, I agree that he shouldn’t have followed her home, idk why you’re continuing to lecture me about that, we’re on the same page about that, I’m judging this one incident, he was wrong and her behaviour when she was confronted was wrong imo, he was willing to have a discussion as could be heard in the video and she preferred to say he was attacking her, there’s no doubt in my mind why she did that, it’s a very common tactic used to demonise black people when they have a gripe, was she racist? Nobody knows,, ultimately he was wrong for what he did, he might be a grifter idk
Old 24-06-2020, 06:16 PM #219
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Like I said, I agree that he shouldn’t have followed her home, idk why you’re continuing to lecture me about that, we’re on the same page about that, I’m judging this one incident, he was wrong and her behaviour when she was confronted was wrong imo, he was willing to have a discussion as could be heard in the video and she preferred to say he was attacking her, there’s no doubt in my mind why she did that, it’s a very common tactic used to demonise black people when they have a gripe, was she racist? Nobody knows,, ultimately he was wrong for what he did, he might be a grifter idk
You don't think she would have felt equally threatened if it were a white man who followed her home like that? I do

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-06-2020, 06:23 PM #220
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Sounds like plain old Road rage to me, I'm used to people driving like a knob around my Lil micra I'm not gonna lie and say I've never gone bumper to bumper to stop some twonk nipping in front of me then pointed and laughed at them.... luckily I've never been followed home :/
Yes they were both guilty of driving aggressively, he took the incident waaay way too far!
Old 24-06-2020, 06:25 PM #221

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You don't think she would have felt equally threatened if it were a white man who followed her home like that? I do
I don’t think so no, not to the level she acted in this scenario anyway

Last edited by Liam-; 24-06-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 24-06-2020, 06:27 PM #222
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely not
You've clearly never been a woman then

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-06-2020, 06:32 PM #223

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You've clearly never been a woman then
Cause only women can feel threatened?
Old 24-06-2020, 06:34 PM #224
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cause only women can feel threatened?
That isn't what I said

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-06-2020, 06:35 PM #225

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That isn't what I said
What difference does it make that I’m a man?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gammon, karen, memes