Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-06-2020, 10:48 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
So, the fact they were only threatened makes it better?

Can I ask, has your son and his Dad ever been threatened with tazers? Just out of curiosity. Imagine how traumatic that would be for any 13 year old but they were only threatened so

There is no where Cherie said it made it better....no one has said on here that it was ok what happened to this poor lad and his father. Twisting words and putting words into people’s mouths doesn’t help a discussion, neither does stating things that are not true.. YOU said they were tasered...they were not...so you lied.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 11:02 PM #27
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
There is no where Cherie said it made it better....no one has said on here that it was ok what happened to this poor lad and his father. Twisting words and putting words into people’s mouths doesn’t help a discussion, neither does stating things that are not true.. YOU said they were tasered...they were not...so you lied.
I lied? A bit of an exaggeration. How quickly we want to change the discussion. I agree my first post was not accurate, now back to the issue.
You said

Quote:
How do you know he has randomly grabbed him?
Clearly, he did, so do you think thats good policing?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 11:49 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

What the hell is going on !

Also why were the police in PLAIN clothes , clearly the father & son thought they were being attacked.

Looks like the UK is turning into America
Old 30-06-2020, 12:08 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post

Also why were the police in PLAIN clothes , clearly the father & son thought they were being attacked.

His Son Cycled ahead a bit from his Dad
that Copper had info of a young black knife lad
it is a simple mistake.

They must apologise to the Dad and Son
also do more in some way.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:10 AM #30

Quote:

Well clearly the father and son thought they were being attacked...how scary and traumatic that must have been for them. No one is questioning that.
I don’t know what world you have been living in...but surely you have heard of officers in PLAIN clothing...just like unmarked police cars ...the element of surprise and undercover
....and no the UK is not turning into America but that’s what some would like to make out...
Old 30-06-2020, 12:13 AM #31

Quote:
Interesting take. You mention they had little to go on. So, we assume if they had a description of a IC1 would they grab the nearest White guy, and say 'Well we didn’t have much to go on’? I would hope their policing was a bit more structured but if you think this excuses a Dad and Son being stopped and tazered then thats OK.

That IC1
is a code for Young Black Man criminal
they said on ITV1 London news
(but,infact , it is IC3 for black people)

Its a Big Error
they must say Sorry to both of them
and do much more.

Last edited by arista; 30-06-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:16 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
His Son Cycled ahead a bit from his Dad
that Copper had info of a young black knife lad
it is a simple mistake.

They must apologise to the Dad and Son
also do more in some way.

Well they have and it’s being investigated...as a result they are instigating new training techniques. This was an unfortunate mistake...it will have happened many times before and will no doubt happen again...not just to black people either. Sadly crimes like this involve young people and they get younger and younger. The police do their best...but sometimes get it wrong. Fortunately no one died because the victim that was stabbed is still alive.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:17 AM #33
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

It’s so funny to me how many hoops people are willing to jim through to defend a 13 year old kid being ripped from his bike and his father threatened with a taser. Like this is really the hill you’re gonna die on??

Last edited by armand.kay; 30-06-2020 at 12:17 AM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:20 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
It’s so funny to me how many hoops people are willing to jim through to defend a 13 year old kid being ripped from his bike and his father threatened with a taser. Like this is really the hill you’re gonna die on??

...no it’s called seeing the other side of the coin and those that like to see the other side of the coin have sympathised with the young lad and his dad.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:59 AM #35
Banned

Banned

Quote:
...no it’s called seeing the other side of the coin and those that like to see the other side of the coin have sympathised with the young lad and his dad.
It's called jumping through hoops to protect the police officers that have racially profiled and committed brutality against two innocent people, one of them a child.

There's no debate here, there's no 'other side'. The police officers attacked, didn't make themselves known and then apprehended and threatened a father and his child on account of their skin colour. That is the long and short of it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 03:00 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well clearly the father and son thought they were being attacked...how scary and traumatic that must have been for them. No one is questioning that.
I don’t know what world you have been living in...but surely you have heard of officers in PLAIN clothing...just like unmarked police cars ...the element of surprise and undercover
....and no the UK is not turning into America but that’s what some would like to make out...
I'm not stupid i know plain clothed and undercover cops etc are around , but whole thing sounds weird to me how they would jump father and son who are cycling minding their own business . They scared them without letting themselves be known they're cops.

Yes i will say it's turning like America , the boy is 13 years old ! like seriously what the hell . i'm just glad we're not gun crazy here in the UK so yeah that's the difference between the UK and America .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 30-06-2020 at 03:02 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 04:54 AM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s really upsetting to think about the terror this young boy and his father went through and it’s not something that will just be ‘moved on from..’...it will be very far reaching because of the trauma of the experience...and atm, all that’s being said is that they matched the description of ‘two black males’...it’s racial profiling at its worst......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 05:40 AM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
That IC1
is a code for Young Black Man criminal
they said on ITV1 London news
(but,infact , it is IC3 for black people)

Its a Big Error
they must say Sorry to both of them
and do much more.
Oh thanks Arista, I thought that is what they said, and at the time I did think it sounded wrong, but you expect these news channels to get their facts right

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 10:34 AM #39
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...poor child...

“The 13-year-old told the Observer: “I’d turned around to see if my dad had caught up behind me, and suddenly this man came out of nowhere. He was crazy angry and shouting. I got scared because I thought he might be mugging me or trying to give me corona so I ran, but there was nowhere to go but in the bushes.”

“The Boatengs, who live in Tottenham, say they were shocked and humiliated by the experience. Huugo suffered lacerations to his face and bruises on his legs, and spent that night sleeping on his parents’ bedroom floor, anxious not to be alone.“
Poor bastard.

I couldn't imagine how terrifying it must've been for the kid, and I never want to find out.

But tbf to The Police I do feel mixed on their response here as yes they can't just be taking people off their bikes aggressively (especially a child in this case) but if the kid did match the description of the assailant then I can understand the response even if I don't agree with it. After all if the kid had've turned out to have been the culprit then we'd all be congratulating The Police on stopping a criminal in his tracks.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 10:40 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Interesting take. You mention they had little to go on. So, we assume if they had a description of a IC1 would they grab the nearest White guy, and say 'Well we didn’t have much to go on’? I would hope their policing was a bit more structured but if you think this excuses a Dad and Son being stopped and tazered then thats OK.
I do agree with what you're saying.

Tbh there needs to be some form of communication between The Police and The Black Community in the US & UK about why The Police are so much more aggressive towards black people on average than they are to any other type of group? Like why are they so much more terrified of a black person than they are an Asian person for example? Once we can get to the bottom of that then we might finally start to see progress between the two sides as it's clearly more complex than "The Police are racist."

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 30-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 03:39 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Poor bastard.

I couldn't imagine how terrifying it must've been for the kid, and I never want to find out.

But tbf to The Police I do feel mixed on their response here as yes they can't just be taking people off their bikes aggressively (especially a child in this case) but if the kid did match the description of the assailant then I can understand the response even if I don't agree with it. After all if the kid had've turned out to have been the culprit then we'd all be congratulating The Police on stopping a criminal in his tracks.

Exactly...well said MM
Old 30-06-2020, 03:40 PM #42

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

But they haven’t caught the criminal, all they’ve done is assault and threaten a child and his father because they were black, there’s no two sides to this
Old 30-06-2020, 03:48 PM #43

Quote:
I'm not stupid i know plain clothed and undercover cops etc are around , but whole thing sounds weird to me how they would jump father and son who are cycling minding their own business . They scared them without letting themselves be known they're cops.

Yes i will say it's turning like America , the boy is 13 years old ! like seriously what the hell . i'm just glad we're not gun crazy here in the UK so yeah that's the difference between the UK and America .

The boy is 13 years old....are you not aware of how many young boys are getting involved in knife crime. Look at the age that some of these young boys are getting stabbed and shot...usually gang and drug related. Its frightening.
Old 30-06-2020, 05:58 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's called jumping through hoops to protect the police officers that have racially profiled and committed brutality against two innocent people, one of them a child.

There's no debate here, there's no 'other side'. The police officers attacked, didn't make themselves known and then apprehended and threatened a father and his child on account of their skin colour. That is the long and short of it.

There is debate...there is always another view to any situation. Instead you just want to call out the police as being racist thugs. The boy fitted the description it was very unfortunate...it was a mistake. That’s the long and short of it...
Old 30-06-2020, 06:36 PM #45
Banned

Banned

Quote:
There is debate...there is always another view to any situation. Instead you just want to call out the police as being racist thugs. The boy fitted the description it was very unfortunate...it was a mistake. That’s the long and short of it...
The boy was black and that was it. Would they have randomly attacked a white parent and their child if there was a white suspect in the area? No, they wouldn't.

These police officers were racist thugs, incompetent to boot. They attacked the first black people they saw, they didn't announce themselves and then they threatened to taze a child, all while these innocent people thought they were about to be mugged.

Ask yourself why you are jumping through hoops to defend the police in a clear cut case of brutality.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:37 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The boy is 13 years old....are you not aware of how many young boys are getting involved in knife crime. Look at the age that some of these young boys are getting stabbed and shot...usually gang and drug related. Its frightening.
Ah, so the black thirteen year old deserves to be attacked and threatened because he might be out gangbanging while on a bike ride with his dad...
Old 30-06-2020, 07:35 PM #47
You know my methods

You know my methods

Just a mistake. The police have a hard enough job.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 07:49 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If they can’t do their job without assaulting, threatening and traumatising a child, then they shouldn’t have a badge
Old 01-07-2020, 12:04 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
But they haven’t caught the criminal, all they’ve done is assault and threaten a child and his father because they were black, there’s no two sides to this
I do wonder why The Police went for a 13 year old?

KRO!
Old 01-07-2020, 12:22 AM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I do wonder why The Police went for a 13 year old?

That's simple he was going Fast on his bike
ahead of his dad.

The Undercover cop assumed
it was the lad with a knife.

The Police owe that lad and dad
money. The only way to get it off the news

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
black, father, london, police, son, tackled, tasers, threatened