Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 06:25 PM #501
Adios

Adios

Remember when she randomly changed the way she spoke.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 08-07-2020, 06:44 PM #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Not really....
Yes really.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:45 PM #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes

more panache, better dressed, more natural and able to connect with any class of person

a proper princess that the GBP can get behind
"da GBP"
Old 08-07-2020, 07:03 PM #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yes really.

It’s my opinion...don’t stress we are allowed to disagree
Old 08-07-2020, 07:05 PM #505

Quote:
It’s my opinion...don’t stress we are allowed to disagree
Who said we weren't?
Old 08-07-2020, 07:08 PM #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Again though, you don’t know her...

She can still have an opinion....I mean we can’t all be on here talking about friends and family
Old 08-07-2020, 07:10 PM #507

Quote:
She can still have an opinion....I mean we can’t all be on here talking about friends and family
There's having an opinion and there's pretending that opinion is based on solid facts that they are a bad person, when no such knowledge is known.

Vanessa is self aware enough to know her "feeling" isn't really based on much foundation and doesn't pretend otherwise. There's a difference.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 PM #508
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Old 08-07-2020, 07:19 PM #509

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

All that comparison stuff is just senseless tabloid fodder. The comparing of females happened with Diana/Fergie too, Fergie got it really bad about her actual looks. She just ignored it all.
Fergie and Kate got awful stick in their first few years as Royals.

Meghan was well warned by Harry, he said so himself, and I’m sure by the Queen as well. The thing is if you are thin skinned and can’t take that rubbish you have no business taking on such a high - profile job, having the big wedding paid for, kitted out in expensive clothes, and the big house given to you.
She was a mature woman who had been around the block, not some 20 year old innocent. It's as if she was born yesterday and had never heard of tabloids and their antics before.

There was plenty of positive stuff about Meghan too, especially before the wedding. The press gushed over her and the wedding itself. There are piles of pics praising her looks and what she was wearing. There were plenty of positive articles too, which weren’t so easy to find after she started acting like an entitled diva and a preachy, high - handed one at that.
It was her own behaviour that turned a lot of people off.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:23 PM #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
senseless tabloid fodder
Old 08-07-2020, 07:29 PM #511
Banned

Banned

Quote:
So when you go to work do you not strive to be a good worker and do whats asked of you?....does that make you subservient?....Because thats what Kate does...when she married William she not only married the man she loved but she also took on a role in the Royal family....just like Diana/Megan/Sarah...some simply did it better than others.
A marriage is not a job, a wife does not serve her husband. You have very outdated ideals.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:37 PM #512
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
All that comparison stuff is just senseless tabloid fodder. The comparing of females happened with Diana/Fergie too, Fergie got it really bad about her actual looks. She just ignored it all.
Fergie and Kate got awful stick in their first few years as Royals.

Meghan was well warned by Harry, he said so himself, and I’m sure by the Queen as well. The thing is if you are thin skinned and can’t take that rubbish you have no business taking on such a high - profile job, having the big wedding paid for, kitted out in expensive clothes, and the big house given to you.
She was a mature woman who had been around the block, not some 20 year old innocent. It's as if she was born yesterday and had never heard of tabloids and their antics before.

There was plenty of positive stuff about Meghan too, especially before the wedding. The press gushed over her and the wedding itself. There are piles of pics praising her looks and what she was wearing. There were plenty of positive articles too, which weren’t so easy to find after she started acting like an entitled diva and a preachy, high - handed one at that.
It was her own behaviour that turned a lot of people off.
It's senseless tabloid fodder when there's evidence of a massive double standard in the ways Kate and Meghan are treated but the same 'tabloid fodder' is fine for you when they're printing stories that slam Meghan?

Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 PM #513
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...’Meghan Markle was hounded by British tabloids’...’Meghan Markle gets twice as much negative press than Kate, data shows’...’Vitriol against Meghan Markle and Prince Harry is bordering on bullying’....’Prince Harry attacks press over wave of abuse of his girlfriend’....’the Windsors will thicken their watery, thin blue blood and Spencer pale skin and ginger hair with some rich and exotic DNA’....

...only a very few of the tabloid headlines which Meghan has been forced to endure since she found love with Harry....there is no excusing it because that’s like saying that a victim should try to make themselves more likeable if they don’t want to be abused by a bully...
Old 08-07-2020, 08:21 PM #514

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's senseless tabloid fodder when there's evidence of a massive double standard in the ways Kate and Meghan are treated but the same 'tabloid fodder' is fine for you when they're printing stories that slam Meghan?

I pay no attention to tabloid fodder, just articles that come from reliable sources that know the royals. Sometimes shock! horror! these articles are carried by papers like the Mail, Times etc. Most people can tell the difference between senseless fodder and articles with merit. These sources also do TV interviews and take part in documentaries.

They don't 'slam' Meghan, they comment on what they have seen and have been told. They can't lie or they wouldn't get inside info and be out of a job. They like Harry and want the best for him and are worried about Meghan's behaviour and impact on him.

Do people get this yet, or do I have to keep posting this which was a reply to Toy Soldier:

Quote:
We all form our opinions and impressions from what we read, hear and see, and my opinions are educated ones, FYI.
If you are interested in the Royals, as I am, you read what people who have been around them have to say. There are Royal correspondents and royal reporters who have known Harry since he was a little boy, have accompanied him on tours all over the world, have drank with him at the end of the day in bars, when he let his hair down. There are his Royal biographers like Penny Junor who have interviewed him in depth and have been allowed to follow him in his work for months on end.
Royal reporter Arthur Edwards adored Harry, their families holidayed together, and he cried on screen when Harry announced he was leaving the UK, He loved Harry like a son and Harry called him Uncle Arhur.

They know Harry. They say how caring he is, how sensitive and emotional and humble he is. How much fun he is, the pranks they played on each other. How he lived and breathed his army charities like the one for wounded veterans and how important his army pals were to him.
That’s all gone now and he has no meaningful work or friends to replace them.

I have read the official Harry biographies like I read nearly all Royal biographies. So I have my own impressions too of what he is like.
If these people who know him better than you or I; think he isn’t the happy person he was, that LA and Harry is as far from a good match as you can get and are concerned, they are worth listening to.

If William cautioned Harry about rushing into marriage with Meghan (which he did and that is what caused the rift between them) that is worth a thought as to why.
I have always liked Harry a lot, and yes, I am worried for him.
Yes, nobody know him like he knows himself, but we can still form educated impressions and have a right to express them.
Just like I listen to them regarding Harry, I'm interested in their impressions of Meghans impact and behaviour. Every time someone tries to goad me about tabloids, I'll post this again, unless its against the rules to repeat yourself. I'm sure a mod will let me know if so.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:43 PM #515
You know my methods

You know my methods

Great post jet
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM #516
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If you were to read the post correctly and the previous post you will have seen that I said I dont read magazines or newspapers. My opinion is based on documentries and what I READ (on news channels on line.) and hear.
Typically you pick out what you want to see to justify your embaressing response. Considering this thread was started by you its taken 15 pages for you to make an appearance. Maybe you should take your time to read what people have posted on YOUR thread and maybe show them a little bit of respect whether you agree with them or not.
I have work, I'm terribly sorry I wasn't able to respond as quickly as you would like. Bloody key workers and their lack of lockdown making you wait between your sky documentaries about meghan and harry for a reply.

Oh and if you have personal issues with me perhaps leave it out of this thread instead of baiting.

Last edited by Amy Jade; 08-07-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 PM #517

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Of course Meghan has gotten awful stick from the tabloids, just as Kate and Fergie did, and many others do. She doesn't get a special pass. It is horrible but that is the nature of the beast. Give them an opening, and they are in there like vultures.
But that doesn't mean people shouldnt make up their own minds and like or dislike her and her own actions. It doesn't make her any less of a high handed diva who has continually disrespected the Queen (along with Harry.) It doesn't mean we have to turn a blind eye to her selfishness and preachiness, all well documented.
It doesn't mean that we can't research her past actions and get an impression of her that isn't very palatable and matches her recent behaviour.
That's like saying 'the press isn't nice to her, so how dare anyone not take to her and criticise her!'
Old 08-07-2020, 08:53 PM #518
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 08-07-2020, 08:56 PM #519
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Jet you are missing the point. Kate got more support than anything, the Royals had to call for a stop to racial abuse towards Meghan it became such a problem.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 PM #520
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Jet you are missing the point. Kate got more support than anything, the Royals had to call for a stop to racial abuse towards Meghan it became such a problem.
No they did not
Old 08-07-2020, 09:12 PM #521

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They didn't Amy. Harry did that off his own bat.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:14 PM #522

Quote:
I have work, I'm terribly sorry I wasn't able to respond as quickly as you would like. Bloody key workers and their lack of lockdown making you wait between your sky documentaries about meghan and harry for a reply.

Oh and if you have personal issues with me perhaps leave it out of this thread instead of baiting.
Well said, Amy.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:14 PM #523

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Great post jet
Thank you.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:15 PM #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

Old 08-07-2020, 09:44 PM #525
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
I more agree with you.

At the time, Prince Harry was a full working Royal.
No way would he have issued his worries re the press without the knowledge of and approval to do so from the Palace.

I agree she was hounded and put down by the press.
I also believe because of a race element too.

I just wish them both the best of luck.
Plus NO ONE on here likely knows them or the Royals personally.
Only Harry and Meghan know the pressure they felt re the press.
Not us.

Last edited by joeysteele; 08-07-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
diana, markle, meghan, princess