Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 09:51 PM #526

[QUOTE=Dezzy;10876983]A marriage is not a job, a wife does not serve her husband. You have very outdated ideals.[/QUOTE

You do understand that the Royal family is an institution admired and respected by many...you do realise that they are not an ‘ordinary’ family....you surely realise that anyone marrying a senior Royal be it man or woman understands the commitments they have to make....
Kate knew of these commitments before she married William...William wanted to marry her but he didn’t want her to marry him without understanding the things she would have to sacrifice like for instance going to a local nightclub and getting drunk...or work at the local supermarket instead she would be a representative of the Royal family..she knew the role and she has been exemplary at fulfilling it. That doesn’t make her subservient...it makes her commitive and respectful to the family she has joined and more so to her husband...and William who struggled in his younger years has accepted his role and he has become hugely respected by his family, the Queen and this country.
Having said that they do have some normality in that Kate does hit the high streets from time to time and been pictured shopping in Waitrose...but she’s always remained respectful and neither her or William have aired their dirty laundry in public. Respect..
Old 08-07-2020, 10:13 PM #527

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=rusticgal;10877069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
A marriage is not a job, a wife does not serve her husband. You have very outdated ideals.[/QUOTE

You do understand that the Royal family is an institution admired and respected by many...you do realise that they are not an ‘ordinary’ family....you surely realise that anyone marrying a senior Royal be it man or woman understands the commitments they have to make....
Kate knew of these commitments before she married William...William wanted to marry her but he didn’t want her to marry him without understanding the things she would have to sacrifice like for instance going to a local nightclub and getting drunk...or work at the local supermarket instead she would be a representative of the Royal family..she knew the role and she has been exemplary at fulfilling it. That doesn’t make her subservient...it makes her commitive and respectful to the family she has joined and more so to her husband...and William who struggled in his younger years has accepted his role and he has become hugely respected by his family, the Queen and this country.
Having said that they do have some normality in that Kate does hit the high streets from time to time and been pictured shopping in Waitrose...but she’s always remained respectful and neither her or William have aired their dirty laundry in public. Respect..
Beautifully put Rusticgal.

Last edited by jet; 08-07-2020 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:24 PM #528
Adios

Adios

Wasn’t it Meghans so called father and her crazy sister that aired the dirty laundry?

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 08-07-2020, 10:36 PM #529
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
No they did not
Prince Harry did and at the time he was still a working Royal.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:13 PM #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Wasn’t it Meghans so called father and her crazy sister that aired the dirty laundry?

William was not happy about Harry and Meghans documentary and Harry confirming their fallout.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:14 PM #531
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
William was not happy about Harry and Meghans documentary and Harry confirming their fallout.
So? William isn’t his boss

Old 08-07-2020, 11:21 PM #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I have work, I'm terribly sorry I wasn't able to respond as quickly as you would like. .

Apology accepted..
Old 08-07-2020, 11:22 PM #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
So? William isn’t his boss

I didn’t say he was....I was just correcting you.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:40 AM #534
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I didn’t say he was....I was just correcting you.
The documentary was after the wedding though right?

Old 09-07-2020, 06:00 AM #535
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...these Meghan threads always become such an impasse../...well they rarely move beyond impasse to be fair...I don’t personally think that the torrent of negative media and some public opinion that Meghan has had, is a comparison to any other Royal bride because of the racist undertones and because there was very little balance of positive tabloid leaning, she and Harry have had to endure headlines the ilk of ‘Harry’s girl almost straight outta Compton’...her heritage it seems was just one of the things that didn’t ‘didn’t tick enough boxes’ of what the media and some public felt a ‘suitable bride’ should be for ‘Our Harry’..if she were truly supported and given a chance from the beginning, if that was in earnest...then the media and public wouldn’t have been so swift to turn against her....anyways, William and Harry have obviously both had struggles through the nature of their mother’s death and the paparazzi involvement in that...they’ve both obviously had a lot of interest In their chosen wives, one most definitely much more accepted as they right stuff’ than the other....and now there is a new generation for both of them with the births of their own children...and already a racial remark toward Archie by someone, in contrast to the ooooo’s and awwww’s of any photographs of George, Charlotte or Louie...I can understand their decision to protect Archie and for Harry to maybe think....enough now....
Old 09-07-2020, 06:36 AM #536
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...these Meghan threads always become such an impasse../...well they rarely move beyond impasse to be fair...I don’t personally think that the torrent of negative media and some public opinion that Meghan has had, is a comparison to any other Royal bride because of the racist undertones and because there was very little balance of positive tabloid leaning, she and Harry have had to endure headlines the ilk of ‘Harry’s girl almost straight outta Compton’...her heritage it seems was just one of the things that didn’t ‘didn’t tick enough boxes’ of what the media and some public felt a ‘suitable bride’ should be for ‘Our Harry’..if she were truly supported and given a chance from the beginning, if that was in earnest...then the media and public wouldn’t have been so swift to turn against her....anyways, William and Harry have obviously both had struggles through the nature of their mother’s death and the paparazzi involvement in that...they’ve both obviously had a lot of interest In their chosen wives, one most definitely much more accepted as they right stuff’ than the other....and now there is a new generation for both of them with the births of their own children...and already a racial remark toward Archie by someone, in contrast to the ooooo’s and awwww’s of any photographs of George, Charlotte or Louie...I can understand their decision to protect Archie and for Harry to maybe think....enough now....
From the start she started acting like she was the face of the royal family, she had zero respect for the staff at the palace that new their job

Demanding what tiara she would ware when the queen decides who wear wot when it comes to the Crown Jewels.

She had no intention of staying after she got put in her place.

From the start she went against tradition to even give a baby photo.

Kate had the same questions asked of her background being a commoner.

Now they are free from the royals they are getting involved in having a say in the commonwealth but Harry is too thick even to understand what it’s about.

He too will get shut down by the palace for talking bollox and disrespecting his grandmother.

So many people base there opinions on there actions and not on her skin colour.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:05 PM #537
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
From the start she started acting like she was the face of the royal family, she had zero respect for the staff at the palace that new their job

Demanding what tiara she would ware when the queen decides who wear wot when it comes to the Crown Jewels.

Now they are free from the royals they are getting involved in having a say in the commonwealth but Harry is too thick even to understand what it’s about.

He too will get shut down by the palace for talking bollox and disrespecting his grandmother.

But none of this is true. It’s all hearsay from the papers. Unless you work at the palace yourself and witnessed it all of course.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:08 PM #538
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

jesus who would ever want to get involved in the Royal family though really? Sounds like an utterly miserable existence , I don't care how much money they have

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:17 PM #539
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I'd love to see a quiz on the commonwealth between Harry and Sheriff.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:23 PM #540

So... Meghan was lazy and wanted to avoid her duties and reaponsibilities.... but she was also acting like the face of the Royal Family?

Those straws are being clutched so tightly.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:24 PM #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I'd love to see a quiz on the commonwealth between Harry and Sheriff.
Nul points for Sheriff.

Last edited by Marsh.; 09-07-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:25 PM #542
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
jesus who would ever want to get involved in the Royal family though really? Sounds like an utterly miserable existence , I don't care how much money they have
Yeah, it may sound great but i don’t think it is. People treat them like aliens rather than human.. even celebrities have some privacy but the royals nope.. i remember when people were complaining about Meghan was hiding most things during her pregnancy and because they paid for the wedding they felt entitled to know everything. I rather make my own money than live off taxes. Not worth giving up a lot of stuff really

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 09-07-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:29 PM #543
Banned

Banned

[QUOTE=rusticgal;10877069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
A marriage is not a job, a wife does not serve her husband. You have very outdated ideals.[/QUOTE

Or, you could save yourself the time of writing all that and just say you like her being subservient and quiet.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:32 PM #544

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post

A very important distinction to make.

The majority of the British people were enchanted by Meghan initially - she was welcomed with open arms. The excitement around the engagement and wedding, the crowds turning up to see the lovely bride; 1.9 billion tuned in to watch.

Then reports started coming out of the Palace about how she left members of her staff in tears, even one of Kate’s own staff by her rude, demanding attitude. She made Kate cry in a dispute over Charlotte’s bridesmaid attire. She threw a tantrum because she was refused a tiara promised to Eugenie for her wedding, which was delayed because Harry took precedence. Harry declared that ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets’.
Staff came and went. Nanny’s came and Nanny’s went - 5 or so in 9 months….
And lots more besides which with the passage of time has been verified by those respected royal reporters whose job it is to find out what is fact and what is malicious fiction.

She and Harry have repeatedly disrespected the Queen, who doesn’t need the antics of the pair of them in her 94th year.
Since bolting the UK they have gone from one blunder to another and seem intent on annoying the Royals, like rebellious teenagers. Pathetic.

But that’s all fine to all those who jump to her defense and never admit to a single wrong doing by her. Few actually take the time to look deeper to ascertain what is true and what isn’t (and in fairness there were some that were untrue or exaggerated). They didn’t need to make things up really - Meghan was the gift that kept on giving - and she still is. She can’t seem to help herself unfortunately.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:38 PM #545
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
A very important distinction to make.

The majority of the British people were enchanted by Meghan initially - she was welcomed with open arms. The excitement around the engagement and wedding, the crowds turning up to see the lovely bride; 1.9 billion tuned in to watch.

Then reports started coming out of the Palace about how she left members of her staff in tears, even one of Kate’s own staff by her rude, demanding attitude. She made Kate cry in a dispute over Charlotte’s bridesmaid attire. She threw a tantrum because she was refused a tiara promised to Eugenie for her wedding, which was delayed because Harry took precedence. Harry declared that ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets’.
Staff came and went. Nanny’s came and Nanny’s went - 5 or so in 9 months….
And lots more besides which with the passage of time has been verified by those respected royal reporters whose job it is to find out what is fact and what is malicious fiction.

She and Harry have repeatedly disrespected the Queen, who doesn’t need the antics of the pair of them in her 94th year.
Since bolting the UK they have gone from one blunder to another and seem intent on annoying the Royals, like rebellious teenagers. Pathetic.

But that’s all fine to all those who jump to her defense and never admit to a single wrong doing by her. Few actually take the time to look deeper to ascertain what is true and what isn’t (and in fairness there were some that were untrue or exaggerated). They didn’t need to make things up really - Meghan was the gift that kept on giving - and she still is. She can’t seem to help herself unfortunately.
Spoiler alert - I guarantee that most royal aides and helpers will have been made to cry by their royal at some point. Normally these stories don't make it past the protection of the familia, and yet, all these are being fed into a narrative stereotype.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:49 PM #546

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler alert - I guarantee that most royal aides and helpers will have been made to cry by their royal at some point. Normally these stories don't make it past the protection of the familia, and yet, all these are being fed into a narrative stereotype.
Yep, the royal family were out to get Meghan from the get - go. Thats why they paid for a lavish wedding, a big house and expensive clothes, so they could get rid.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:55 PM #547
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Yep, the royal family were out to get Meghan from the get - go. Thats why they paid for a lavish wedding, a big house and expensive clothes, so they could get rid.
They didn't really have a choice but to pay for those things, with help from us.

This just highlights the megan craziness. You accept anything negative as true, and yet anything that's not as negative you're trying to use logic to counteract. You're almost there. Almost.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:00 PM #548

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

The royal family didn’t pay for their wedding, we did
Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 PM #549

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They didn't really have a choice but to pay for those things, with help from us.

This just highlights the megan craziness. You accept anything negative as true, and yet anything that's not as negative you're trying to use logic to counteract. You're almost there. Almost.
I don't actually, I have already said not all the negative stories were true. I accept that the ones verified as I stated in my post above to be true. Others (maybe yourself?) insist they are all lies. That's fine by me, you believe what you believe and the same goes for me.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:15 PM #550
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
I don't actually, I have already said not all the negative stories were true. I accept that the ones verified as I stated in my post above to be true. Others (maybe yourself?) insist they are all lies. That's fine by me, you believe what you believe and the same goes for me.
My position is that if they were all lies I wouldn't know, and if they were all true I still wouldn't know, so why not chill out, and leave them be.

What I do know for definite is that meghan has been treated differently for doing the same things as kate, and that is more than a little suspicious.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
diana, markle, meghan, princess