Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-07-2020, 04:00 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the experiences of the last few months have not been the same for everyone it has to be said...but I don’t know how feasible it would be to give financial reward when we still don’t know what there is to come in the future...as Liam said, people should be paid what their value is and so often they’re not, sadly...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 04:47 AM #2
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

It's a difficult one. For a start I think the definition of essential workers were somewhat loose. Some were genuinely essential workers, others not so much. We don't usually give bonuses to workers that put their lives at risk for the public every day. I'm thinking of emergency services, the armed forces etc. Market forces determine what people are worth in terms of pay and that has always been the case, and that situation won't change
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 11:35 AM #3
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...the experiences of the last few months have not been the same for everyone it has to be said...but I don’t know how feasible it would be to give financial reward when we still don’t know what there is to come in the future...as Liam said, people should be paid what their value is and so often they’re not, sadly...
I agree with that - I'd much rather see a push for better pay and working conditions permanently than a one-off cash bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
All the big supermarkets should be doing that, they made an absolute fortune during lockdown
Oh I absolutely agree that the companies who actually did quite well out of the whole thing should be paying profit-related bonuses to all of their staff. Supermarket workers, Amazon warehouse staff, etc. should be getting a share of the covid pie.

Sadly we all know that the biggest bonuses, as usual, will go to senior management and executives.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bonus, essential, free, government, large, tax, workers