CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I can't stand Jeffrey, Stacey's carrying the judging panel while Jeffrey is weighing it down with his bad impersonations of Ru and desperate need to be the Simon Cowell of Drag Race.
More like the Natalia Kills of Drag Race.

She needs cancelling and cutting out of every remaining episode.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 07:35 AM #127
Nah

Nah

The outcome was fair I think. Boa, Priyanka and Kiara were the right bottom 3.

That lipsync was really good! and I like how they extend the duration of the songs. I feel like they're longer than the lipsyncs in RPDR?

I'm glad Priyanka is not eliminated, hopefully she redeems herself in the commercial challenge next week! Such a shame she bombed the Snatch Game.

That being said, I'm happy Jimbo won. Both of her Snatch Game and runway look were really good. Rita Baga did a solid good job as well. It's safe to say she's is in the top 3 already.

I wish they didn't use the "Celine" runway theme already, I would have loved them to do it in front of Celine if she ever takes part in season 2 (like S9/Lady Gaga). But oh well, they all did a nice job overall.
Old 31-07-2020, 10:19 AM #128
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

That was a brilliant Snatch Game I can't remember the last time queens physically transformed themselves quite the same way that Rita and Jimbo did for their characters, and it really paid off (as did Lemon putting on a blonde ponytail and immediately turning into Jojo Siwa. Some transformations take less effort than others)

The lip sync was... long, but good! I can't help feeling that Kiara won it though, even if her performance veered a little into Kenya Michaels territory towards the end, so that may be one of my few downsides to an otherwise strong episode. Even Jeffrey was more bearable than usual, but that's likely because I was instead focusing on the delightful Mary Walsh (more guest hosts need to bellow "GENTLEMEN! START YOUR ENGINES!" while revving an invisible motorbike engine )

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 10:22 AM #129
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

(one of the other downsides was my general discomfort with a queen playing a woman who killed her abusive mother for Snatch Game, and one of the judges subsequently using said murder as a pun to critique that queen's runway outfit. I think I'll stick to Edith Piaf and the Cock Destroyers)

Spoiler:

Old 31-07-2020, 05:40 PM #130
Banned

Banned

I found it all very boring tbh. I just didn't care much for this snatch game.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 05:46 PM #131
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

That's nice

Spoiler:

Old 31-07-2020, 07:39 PM #132
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I've only seen the lipsync so far and I'm in two minds about it! Priyanka clearly won, and everyone calling for a double shantay just... doesn't understand the concept of outperforming your rival, I guess. There were... too many splits and jumps for what is ultimately a power ballad. Priyanka had some great emotional moments though, and embodied the song more, but still relied on some stunts (perhaps fearful that Kiara's 4 minute gymnastics routine might win her the decision).

Maybe I'm getting jaded... but people really overhyped the first lipsync with Lemon/Juice as well... it was a little bit messy girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 08:02 PM #133
Nah

Nah

A double shantay over that lipsync? It was good but not amazing to deserve a double shantay. Priyanka outperformed Kiara (whose time was over anyway), though I will give Kiara probs for fighting despite showing none of that energy so far in the competition.

I'm not a fan of too much stunts either (or none at all when not called for). But you're right Shaun, maybe she was scared the judges would give the shantay to Kiara because...a lot of people think a good lipsync is non stop splits, drops etc We can only blame the twitter gays for that, for hyping the performers to do more and more everytime on the show or on the scene.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:18 PM #134
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Loved this episode, not a fan of Snatch Game of Love so this hit the mark for me. Only really Kiara and Priyanka were bad really.

Ilona is annoying af but her Rebecca Moore was fun and I howled when Jimbo said smell my fingers to Scarlett and she was a bit stuck for works and Ilona ran over asking if she could
Old 31-07-2020, 08:44 PM #135
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I agree with those saying this wasn't worth a double shantay.

Priyanka was miles better and embodied the song so much better, I actually wish she hadn't done the flip or split really it wasn't needed but I get her adding them in because she could have been called low energy otherwise but yeah Kiara had amazing fight but she just did everything really and for me it didn't work.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:04 AM #136

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I thought the Snatch Game was great but idk if I'm alone on this... Rita's Edith Piaf didn't blow me away and I thought she deserved to be safe. I'd have replaced her with Scarlett BoBo who I thought did a great Liza.

Lemon's JoJo was great but she's leaving me to go hungry when it comes to her runway presentations. I want to be blown away by her but she leaves too much to be desired. Jimbo on the other hand is constantly surprising us and showing us versatility which can be really hard to do on a show that churns out new seasons constantly.

I thought BOA disappointed in both the Snatch Game and on the runway this week. Kiara's look was much better than hers but Priyanka had the best look of the week by far, which arguably could have saved her from the bottom two. I think the judges wanted to make an example out of Priyanka since they didn't expect her to fail. For me, I would've put BOA against Kiara and let them have a proper fight rather than 4 minutes of us waiting for Priyanka to get saved.

Tynomi Banks
1. Jimbo
2. Priyanka
3. Lemon

4. Scarlett BoBo
5. Kiara

Anastarzia Anaquway
6. Rita Baga
7. Ilona Verley
Kyne
Juice Boxx
8. BOA
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:47 AM #137
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

another enjoyable episode! thought that was a very strong snatch game everyone performed nicely apart from the bottom three on the episode. jimbo KILLED it as joan. the lip sync was great! I agree with some of the comments about the stunts and drops, some of the stunts made by kiara just weren’t really necessary.

side note: i do kinda feel bad for scarlett i swear she’s literally been safe for the entire competition so far

1) jimbo
2) priyanka (+1)
3) scarlett
4) rita
6) llona
7) lemon
8) kiara
9) boa
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:51 PM #138
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Defo not a double shantay lip sync. The girl in the back was so messy. Lots of energy. But so messy.

Intact it is technically impossible for there to be a double shantay with the format.
The judges decide without discussion.
There would have to be a set up agreement before the lip sync or edited out where all three just happen to write on their cards “I don’t know”
Old 03-08-2020, 05:46 PM #139
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched the full episode now. This is the first guest host I've really enjoyed, she was funny and captivating.

I think the Snatch Game was a pretty mixed bag... there were some brilliant performances (Jimbo and Lemon) and then some that were just very repetitive and annoying (but still technically 'safe' at least)... Scarlett's Liza was basically just "I'm ****ing Liza!" every 5 seconds and whilst the voice was there, it was ****ing annoying, and Ilona's take on a Cock Destroyer accent was offensively wrong. Also didn't really say anything funny until she got up to smell Joan's fingers

I had no idea who Jojo Siwa or the cancer girl were so had nothing to base them off of; but Lemon transformed completely and could've easily won this challenge. I didn't really think much of Rita's performance as Edith Piaf tbh... she just played an old tired woman and had nothing much to do with her other than being French. Kiara obviously did the worst, joining the "Just be a Massive Popstar, What Can Go Wrong?" ranks of Kenya's/Tyra's/Asia's Beyonce, Phi Phi's/Sonique's Gaga, Morgan's P!nk, Milan's Diana, Sahara's Whitney, Delta's Cher, Detox's Ke$ha, Alyssa's Katy, Tatianna's Ariana, Brooke's Celine and TKB's Nicki

Priyanka could MAYBE have been safe over BOA just on a merit level, ie. "BOA you've been in the bottom 3 every ****ing week, either turn this lipsync out or go home already" but I was content with the decisions made.

I grow more and more tired of Ilona in general though. Such a whiny, irritating queen.

Quote:

Old 07-08-2020, 07:23 AM #140
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I know Rita didn't by any stretch of the imagination deserve to win this week's challenge (or, really, either of the other two that she won), but I think she's my favourite on the basis of being the only one capable of coming out of nowhere with a quote like "I had a finger in my anus! "

elsewhere, I thought the editing was just... off throughout (the primary justification the judges seemed to give for Rita's win was something we didn't even see her do in her team's commercial, the edit seemed to be gearing towards a Scarlett win that never materialised, Lemon being in the bottom came out of nowhere considering how well she did in the challenge, and the lip sync really could have done with a talking head or two to break up the monotony of BOA and Ilona park-and-barking an Alessia Cara ballad), I thought Jimbo continues to outperform everyone on the runway, and I thought Stacey McKenzie + whichever random guest host they manage to convince to stop by/read off the autocue/phone their mum during taping continue to outperform Brooke Lynn and J*ffr*y on the judging panel!

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 07-08-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:24 AM #141
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

What does everyone think of Boa doing Gypsy Rose? Too far?
Old 07-08-2020, 07:30 AM #142
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
What does everyone think of Boa doing Gypsy Rose? Too far?
eh, I was a little uncomfortable with the choice itself (I can't really see where someone would find the humour in that particular case given how recently it happened, though I imagine the impersonation would have been better received in a club setting instead of, like, a glitzy televised fake game show next to Mariah Carey and Joan Rivers)

Then again, the judges seemed disappointed that BOA didn't go further in *checks notes* making fun of the victim of Munchausen's by proxy, so maybe I'm just way off the mark again

Spoiler:

Old 07-08-2020, 07:33 AM #143
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

like, there's definitely a room for edgy humour on Snatch Game (see: Joan Rivers encouraging Jojo Siwa to snort her husband's ashes), but when you're rocking up to set with headphones in your nose and the judges are telling you that you didn't look terminally ill enough... maybe you would have been better off doing Cyndi Lauper

Spoiler:

Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 AM #144
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Yeah its such a horrific choice, nothing about Gyspy Rose is funny even when you just isolate her personality within all her mess. It be like doing that little scouse kid that was murdered, or one of the brothers.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:56 AM #145
Nah

Nah

Rita winning...for what? Her outfit wasn't that good, her performance wasn't great either. I mean she's good overall, but was her win justified this week? idk.
I thought Jimbo had it because her outfit was great (it's going to haunt me forever) and she went crazier than usual in the challenge. And the "welcome to the competition Jimbo" when she has been SERVING every week is so wrong. But then again it's coming from Jeffrey, so...

They went all out for the judging this week. Last week it got better but this week they're back to their "twitter mean gays" attitude. It looks like the editing team saw all the backlash the judges have received so far, and went "yeah let's not change anything, might as well piss the viewers off". Jeffrey is unbereable, even his voice is annoying. It's like, you can say things but not being so sharp or mean about it.

I wanted BOA to stay, it was her first time in the bottom but she got in her head too much and it showed. She's lovely, she has this touching side to her. Ilona also did better in the lipsync.

Most of the outfits weren't great except Jimbo's. Ilona's was nice too, but she ain't no Detox to pull an ass reveal like that. It was ill-fitting behind. I like BOA's one too, yeah it's a jumpsuit but wings always work on me for some unknown reason.

@ them saying Lemon should go home just based on the runway. Like yeah it was not good, but she wasn't the worst in the maxi challenge and so far in the competition.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:17 AM #146
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Jimbo a robbed legend once again </3

I thought the challenge was pretty good overall. Priyanka and Lemon had the best cohesive advert and were the most amusing parody of the challenge, whilst Jimbo and Rita did a great job on the other team. Scarlet and Ilona were just ****ing irritating, though, I don't know how tf they weren't clocked for every other word being "sissy" and I don't understand why they placed Scarlet high for doing exactly the same thing as the bottom-2 Ilona

I'm surprised that BOA went, for some reason I had it in my head that she made it to the top 5. Ilona just about won the lipsync, though, she had emotion in her face and I don't understand why BOA was so overwhelmingly lacklustre in her movements. Completely boring and uninspiring.

Lemon getting the ganging up edit for just a bad runway was pretty ****ty but hopefully she can send one of the Sissies home next week because I'm tired of both of them.

I've mostly liked Stacey as a judge recently but when she came out with this weird little moment of how Rita's an insanely gifted actress for that performance was completely baffling. I enjoyed her presence during the filming scenes, though; it was a refreshing tonic from the dementor giving the workroom talks.

Quote:

Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 AM #147

Isn't that Jeff guy meant to be an actor or something? Because I was more convinced that Jujubee was a lady frog.

Last edited by zrc; 09-08-2020 at 08:29 AM.
zrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:48 AM #148
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

They were so rude about Ilona’s bum bum
Old 10-08-2020, 01:16 AM #149
Banned

Banned

Rita was a bizarre winner and it felt forced, she wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but we didn't see why she won. The editing in this show has been odd throughout the season, I wonder if the show has had trouble with their sponsors for prizes because I've noticed that they do really rough cuts a lot when it comes to detailing prizes and this week, that editing extended to the main challenge.

From what we saw, it really should have been a Priyanka/Lemon/Jimbo victory judging from their performances (admittedly, Lemon's outfit was vile).

The bottom 2, however, was correct and I thought the Lipsync was underwhelming although I'm surprised by how terrible BOA was, bitch was channeling Charlie Hides. I wouldn't have minded a double sashay though as Ilona is becoming more annoying by the week. That being said, the goblin's comments about her arse were uncalled for.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 AM #150
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....I only got to watch the first episode...(...it’s just too hot to watch TV atm..)...I’m not sure if I’ll continue just because I’ve followed the thread...so it’s not the same obviously, knowing the outcome of each episode/challenge etc...with one episode in, though...I really love Jimbo, particularly.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, announced, begins, canada, drag, july, race