Notices

Big Brother: BB1 - BB19 Individual forums for Big Brother UK series 1- 19 (2000-2018). Also Celebrity Hijack (2008) and Ultimate Big Brother (2010).

Old 22-07-2020, 11:04 PM #5426
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:

i’ve been casually watching bb6 again. for the second time. feels like my opinions are gonna change a lot LOL. i’m on like week 3 nominations at this very moment.

1) makosi
2) saskia
3) lesley
4) craig
5) kemal
6) vanessa
7) sam
8) derek
9) science
10) mary
11) maxwell
12) roberto
13) anthony

biggest changes for me is that i rly like saskia so far and hmm I find derek a bit more sneaky

Last edited by Samm; 22-07-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 11:10 PM #5427
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

So I’m starting BB15 tonight first watch x
And it’ll be my fav series EVER soon Xx
Old 24-07-2020, 08:44 AM #5428
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Started a BB11 rewatch and got through Week 1. I enjoyed the first few days quite a bit! ~The Mole~ was kind of a dumb opening twist but it was entertaining enough and by default is one of the better ones this show has done. Other than that, it's kind of chill so far with not many big plot points. Shabby and Ben have gotten in a squabble but they don't REALLY hate each other just yet. John James keeps talking about how Corin is one of the most gorgeous women he's ever met in his life?! I forgot just how Sunshine-dominant the early days were but I'm not mad about it at all The Rachael/John James storyline also took up A LOT more airtime than I remembered so in some ways I'm glad we can move past it now.

1. Corin (she was practically INV until she stood up for Rachael when John Jams yelled at her, but after that she's been OTTP hilarity with her lie to Sunshine about being pregnant and expecting that she'll be painted bright red for her bright day from Bob Righter and singing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life in the DR her affect is rather hypnotic too honestly)
2. Sunshine (alol she's SO awkward and lacks so many social skills but I'm enamored by her. Her elocution is just hilarious when she says **** like "My name is Sunshine " when BB asks them to say who will be doing part of a task or when she goes into the DR and asks if she can be the mole because she feels bad for Mario she's definitely a grating human to live with and she takes some of her arguments with people WAY too far while just saying the same thing over and over again, she balances it out with random moments like jumping on Mario's back for a piggyback ride immediately after accusing him of being the mole)
3. Ben (a little lowkey this week but he's just really funny with what he says and how he says it? I'm ready for him to BREAK OUT with his scathing insults and commentary because so far all we've gotten is "whose bollocks will be snapped off next?" re: Shabby/Caoimhe/Ife)

4. Josie (one of the better Dead Normal Me girls in BBUK lore? At least when she's not codependent on John James yet :3)
5. Nathan (so UTR but I kinda vibe with him whenever he's shown on screen? He seems nice enough and at this point that's good enough for a #5 in my ranking)
6. Steve (I, too, am also shocked that Steve is my #6 but like Nathan, he's kinda vaguely likable at times so far)
Rachael (I do feel bad for her and I think she is a fun enough human BUT oh my god just give it up with John James. It was just sad to watch her keep crawling back for more bc he thought he was fit and she wanted to be his friend and at some point you just have to say **** him and leave it be!!! Also she was kinda bitchy about Sunshine early on but oh well)
7. Ife (The secret works, apparently)
8. Caoimhe (the only moment I remember is her saying John James was a WANKER when he made Rachael cry)
9. Govan (definitely the biggest bitch in the early days but NOT the worst ever like we all thought back in 2010. He's calmed down lately and I'm fine with him)
10. Shabby (Ben's absolutely right that she IS an actress and hams it up so much with how SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAAAAAND and she's kinda annoying honestly :3 I know that by the time she walked I ended up at least being able to appreciate what she brought to the show but I'm not there yet!)
11. Mario (I guess he handled being the mole well but after that he's just been MOR fodder lusting after Ben, and if you want to lust after a straight boy you have to be willing to stoop to Craig Coates levels of psychosis for me to care!)
12. Dave (his entire persona is creepy and off-putting)

13. John James (I know he's not even at his worst yet but he's already in red! It takes, like, four days for him to decide that Rachael is THE SCUM OF THE EARTH because of her face, and it also extended to him talking about how he was being nice to Mario by always going into the Mole Hole and saying good night to him every night, and then all the girls started doing it because they just wanted to get on TV since they know Mario's a focal point of the show. But John James was just doing it to be noble and kind Also he keeps going on about how he HATES arrogance and shallowness and then tries to talk about how men don't treat women well enough after he keeps shouting down Rachael and making her cry?! And openly talks about how he doesn't last long in bed at all?! Everything is so contrived for the public to like him and it's frightening how it ends up working ugh kill me I can't handle a full series of him)
BB11 Week 2:

1. Ben (alol what a disaster of a human being he means well fundamentally but just puts his foot in his mouth time and time again and every interaction he has with other people ends up being a complete disaster. He's witty and incisive and FUNNY so duh)
2. Corin (her best day ever was AMAZING but then she literally didn't exist afterwards other than when a bloody moth attacked her asdfjkl
3. Sunshine (had a very low-key week but the latest episode had her receive crisps so I think #Crispgate will be coming soon. I'm impressed with the damage control she did after receiving ten nominations last week)

4. Ife (she's nowhere close to green but alol at her literally being like "Hey Keeva, Shabby has something to tell you ;o)" to Shabby's horror, and then being all "um guys I want to distance myself from you two bc your conversations BORE me but no hard feelings xx" lmaooooo)
5. Josie (she kinda had a low-key week but the fact that she already riled up John James to the point where he almost quit during Week 2 is pretty remarkable so gj girl)
6. Steve (he seems nice?)
Govan (I definitely don't like him BUT I have some pity definitely. He was a bitchy gossip but he was also young and dumb and definitely not fully comfortable with his sexuality and who he is and I feel like that's just a really bad time in your life to have documented on national television. And I think he realized that too :3 his eviction interview was awkward bc you could tell he was just recoiling in horror the whole time. Also, wanting to walk because you heard a producer laugh at you while you were crying in the DR is my fave reason ever for wanting to walk)
7. Nathan (he didn't exist this week honestly)
8. Dave (somehow was't completely abhorrent because he really wasn't on the show and just got SPV about being a fake religious nut. But he's one of the closest things to a loyal Ben cub so that gets him points?)
9. Shabby (she is A Lot and I don't particularly like her and she's horrid in arguments but she kinda cut back on the theatrics this week so gj I guess)
10. Mario (became a whiny drip as soon as he got nominated but thx for being a loyal Ben cub)
11. Caoimhe (so I'm not really liking her at all? She doesn't get a whole lot of personalized focus but she's just vaguely bitchy and mean-spirited and not really in a fun way. And I feel like I fundamentally disagree with, like, every take she has alol)

12. John James (threatening to quit bc Josie had playful banter with him that ~crossed the line~, endlessly haranguing Sunshine for dumb **** including going by a fake nickname when he literally changed his name to Achilles in a former life, getting the house punished for discussing the fact that Ben nominated Sunshine and then lashing out at Ben for being dishonest and disloyal, complaining about how it's ANNOYING that it's illegal to not vote in Australia so therefore he has to do a write-in for Yoda bc he hates politics and doesn't care about it since it doesn't affect him directly... over him already and there's still eight weeks left of him AND we're not even in the John Josie saga yet omfg)

Another decent week! I feel like there's not really much of an overarching storyline and this cast isn't really that complex and the house dynamics aren't really established all that well so that's not really good, but each episode is entertaining enough in isolation so I'm still enjoying things! The Caoimhe/Shabby love saga had a lot of focus in the beginning of the week was kind of annoying at times, but it really is a tragic story of unrequited lesbian love. And then after that storyline was done we had a half-week of Ben just being a disaster and handling every human interaction in the worst way possible and getting isolated by the entire house I feel like next week will be when things really start to pick up in terms of storylines and dynamics that become important for the remainder of the season so we'll see!

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 24-07-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 05:03 PM #5429
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
BB3 - Week 5 (Sophie evicted)

- Jade and Jonny both forgetting about the existence of Sophie in the house in the space of 2 minutes Poor gal
- I feel sorry for Sophie this week but some of Jade and Adele's bitching about ha made me SCREAM I'm sorry. Jade saying she looks like a dog's dinner and then Adele just CACKLING nnnn
- PJ going on the treadmill barefoot knocked me SICK!
- Tim is making me crease this week with his random burning hatred for Sophie and moaning about being on the poor side. "How can they do this to us? This is the 21st century, not the ****ing 16th" said with absolute sincerity was a bit of a scream.
- I really appreciate how unashamedly two faced Adele is omg! She is not afraid to admit she's playing the game and in it to win it! ALSO her nominations make me SCREAM! She's so direct, dramatic and to the point nnn queen.
- Jade after putting her dress for the dancing task on: "Fackin hell, I've always been a big girl, but not THIS fackin big" nnnn
- Sophie is such a queen in all honesty for remaining positive despite everyone bitching about ha. Loved how you could see the weight lifted off her shoulders after making up with Jade and she got the spring in her step back. An endearing chick! (Although she probs would be annoying to share a house with)
- Adele getting bit on the bum by Alex GOD I wish that were me.
- I've really liked Kate this week! Such a lovely gal! Her OTT American accent that she does sometimes makes me scream for some reason. "HEY GUYS! WE'RE GREAT! WE'RE MAKING A CAEYUMP FIYURRRR!" nnn
- I want to like Jonny bc he looked after Sophie this week when she was being kind of ostracised but I can't look past that in week 1 he pissed all over the toilet seat with no remorse and ATE his toenails. Vile.

1. Alex
2. Adele
3. Jade
4. Kate
5. Sophie
6. Tim

7. Jonny
8. PJ
BB3 - Week 6 (Adele evicted)

- This was the dullest week in BB3 by some distance. And to top it all off our Adele got the boot at the end of it
- Tim is SUCH a weird man it's a scream. 'SUN FILL ME WITH TASK ACHIEVING RAYS!'
- I'm LIVING for Adele's gossip sessions lmao, screamed at her slagging off Jade then being like 'I'm gonna have to change what I'm talking about cos she's on her way here' I'd love to have a natter and a goss with our Adele
- Adele's disdain for Jonny is such a hoot!! "Fook off. He's a sly fooker" under his breath as he walked away nnnn
- Alex is such a SWEETHEART bless him getting up at 5am to help with the puppet task
- Jade: "Did the English and the Germans not used to get on or summat"
- Kate's impersonation of Alex's voice and walk ffff
- Adele and Alex's friendship was the highlight of this week Loved those two together
- Adele's eviction was SO unjust but the episode itself was such good entertainment omg. Firstly Adele being the first housemate ever to be (undeservedly) heavily booed, and her completely unbothered reaction is iconic. Also her calling Jonny a drip and a try hard then mocking how he speaks as the crowd booed ha and chanted his name was legendary behaviour! We love a panto villain queen! Finally I really appreciated Jackiey Budden making a random cameo to shout "AND YOU'RE THE BOLLOCKS LUV!" after Adele said Jade was a nice girl and top bird lmaooo

1. Alex
2. Adele

3. Kate
4. Jade
5. Tim

6. PJ
7. Jonny
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 06:48 PM #5430
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
BB3 - Week 6 (Adele evicted)

- This was the dullest week in BB3 by some distance. And to top it all off our Adele got the boot at the end of it
- Tim is SUCH a weird man it's a scream. 'SUN FILL ME WITH TASK ACHIEVING RAYS!'
- I'm LIVING for Adele's gossip sessions lmao, screamed at her slagging off Jade then being like 'I'm gonna have to change what I'm talking about cos she's on her way here' I'd love to have a natter and a goss with our Adele
- Adele's disdain for Jonny is such a hoot!! "Fook off. He's a sly fooker" under his breath as he walked away nnnn
- Alex is such a SWEETHEART bless him getting up at 5am to help with the puppet task
- Jade: "Did the English and the Germans not used to get on or summat"
- Kate's impersonation of Alex's voice and walk ffff
- Adele and Alex's friendship was the highlight of this week Loved those two together
- Adele's eviction was SO unjust but the episode itself was such good entertainment omg. Firstly Adele being the first housemate ever to be (undeservedly) heavily booed, and her completely unbothered reaction is iconic. Also her calling Jonny a drip and a try hard then mocking how he speaks as the crowd booed ha and chanted his name was legendary behaviour! We love a panto villain queen! Finally I really appreciated Jackiey Budden making a random cameo to shout "AND YOU'RE THE BOLLOCKS LUV!" after Adele said Jade was a nice girl and top bird lmaooo

1. Alex
2. Adele

3. Kate
4. Jade
5. Tim

6. PJ
7. Jonny
BB3 - Week 7 (PJ evicted)

-YES! The bald twat is finally OUT! He's treated Jade like shįte all series but especially this week. Bye bitch!
- Omg at Tim crying in the diary room asking to get a message from his gf and BB just being like "No. Also, please return the wine that you hid under your bed"
- Awwww Jade saying she wants to become a beauty therapist after she gets out, she had no idea how successful she was about to become <3 Also how iconic that Kate was saying she'd love to be a radio presenter, queen of achieving her dreams!!
- Felt sorry for Jade when the group was kind of shunning her a bit (even Alex was a bit nasty to her which I was NOT happy about!) but I did scream at her teary denial that she was playing a game: "Everyone says I'm doing tacticals or tic-tacs or whatever, I don't even know what they mean so how can I play em?' ffnf
- Alex absolutely pissed out his head in the bathroom talking to himself was a hoot
- The 2 baby pet frogs they kept as pets before the RSPCA snatched them were SO cute!
- Fave quote from the week was from when Jade was trying to persuade the others she really HAD been on a plane with stairs to the toilet: "MAY GOD STRIKE ME DOWN DEAD, THERE WAS STAIRS ON IT!!

1. Alex
2. Jade
3. Kate

4. Tim
5. Jonny

6. PJ
Old 26-07-2020, 07:30 PM #5431
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I’ve got round to watching the first week of BB3 and enjoyed it a lot! I love the Attenborough-esque narrations from Marcus in early BB. The housemates as a collective are naive to the experience and it’s refreshing. They’re almost child-like in comparison to the later series where people are seasoned to the phenomenon it once was and try hard to live up to what’s usually expected. Not that these lot aren’t try-hard because the first couple of days are basically like a holiday camp, lmao.

I’m already irritated by Alison, Jonny, and Kate. They’re too hyper and generally too much to take in. I know it’s frowned upon now to dislike Alison because of her current reputation but she especially comes across quite bolshy and annoying. Jonny is too much of an alpha-wannabe. I go back and forth with both Spencer and Sandy. They’re both intriguing oddballs but have moments where they are unnecessarily rude. Jade is an absolute mess but I’m finding her endearing atm. PJ is a non-entity when he’s not chastising Lynne, and Lee is hot and somewhat likeable. Adel and Alex are my favourite two so far, I like that they’re mellow and not afraid to do and say what they think.

Sunita leaving was interesting to follow. I get why someone walking into summer camp and being blasted into Jerry Springer re-enactments and sex games would be overwhelmed, cause I would be too, but she really lost herself along the way. She seemed to be one of the few people who had a distinct personality/voice at the beginning. Like when she was arguing with Jade about addiction and Jade claimed people choose to be addicted(eek) I liked that Sunita was basically like 'um no'. On the other hand, there was an unlikable snobbiness to her, you know? The whole ‘I’m a barrister’ thing, hun, we get it. You’re still on Big Brother.

Lynne was such a delight! I can hear voice while I’m typing this. I can totally get behind her just verbally abusing Spencer after a few drinks, serving looks with her cute buns, and saying ‘can you all just piss of oot me face while I pack’ after she gets evicted by the others. I can't @ Davina trying to insuate that the reason lynne didn't like Spencer was because she fancied him! There was even a montage, fgs.

Last edited by Braden; 26-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2020, 08:10 PM #5432

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
I’ve got round to watching the first week of BB3 and enjoyed it a lot! I love the Attenborough-esque narrations from Marcus in early BB. The housemates as a collective are naive to the experience and it’s refreshing. They’re almost child-like in comparison to the later series where people are seasoned to the phenomenon it once was and try hard to live up to what’s usually expected. Not that these lot aren’t try-hard because the first couple of days are basically like a holiday camp, lmao.

I’m already irritated by Alison, Jonny, and Kate. They’re too hyper and generally too much to take in. I know it’s frowned upon now to dislike Alison because of her current reputation but she especially comes across quite bolshy and annoying. Jonny is too much of an alpha-wannabe. I go back and forth with both Spencer and Sandy. They’re both intriguing oddballs but have moments where they are unnecessarily rude. Jade is an absolute mess but I’m finding her endearing atm. PJ is a non-entity when he’s not chastising Lynne, and Lee is hot and somewhat likeable. Adel and Alex are my favourite two so far, I like that they’re mellow and not afraid to do and say what they think.

Sunita leaving was interesting to follow. I get why someone walking into summer camp and being blasted into Jerry Springer re-enactments and sex games would be overwhelmed, cause I would be too, but she really lost herself along the way. She seemed to be one of the few people who had a distinct personality/voice at the beginning. Like when she was arguing with Jade about addiction and Jade claimed people choose to be addicted(eek) I liked that Sunita was basically like 'um no'. On the other hand, there was an unlikable snobbiness to her, you know? The whole ‘I’m a barrister’ thing, hun, we get it. You’re still on Big Brother.

Lynne was such a delight! I can hear voice while I’m typing this. I can totally get behind her just verbally abusing Spencer after a few drinks, serving looks with her cute buns, and saying ‘can you all just piss of oot me face while I pack’ after she gets evicted by the others. I can't @ Davina trying to insuate that the reason lynne didn't like Spencer was because she fancied him! There was even a montage, fgs.
Brilliant write-up Braden! Glad to hear you're enjoying BB3 so far!<3
Old 26-07-2020, 08:16 PM #5433

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 27/28/29 Rankings (Sree Evicted)
1. Marcus
2. Freddie/Halfwit

3. Noirin
4. Sree

5. Siavash
6. Rodrigo

7. Karly
8. Sophie

9. Charlie
10. Lisa
11. Kris

Forgot to upload these ranks so be prepared for more than one of these!

Another very good week of BB10! A shame to see Sree go but in fairness i think housemates like him are only suitable to remain for around this time period before the novelty wears off and I think that final showdown he had with Marcus was a great little send off for his character.

And speaking of Marcus, his showdown with BB over his arguement with Sree was an absolute classic! You can tell BB probably shat themselves the second Marcus called them out on their double standards <3

'Now My Tea's gone cold YOU ****ING WANKERS!' <3
Old 26-07-2020, 08:36 PM #5434
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronneely2017 View Post
Brilliant write-up Braden! Glad to hear you're enjoying BB3 so far!<3
Thank you, love!
Old 27-07-2020, 07:00 AM #5435
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

YES, I too would go crazy with Alison and Jonny and Kate et al's constant Jerry Springer skits and sex position Twister games. The novelty wore off on me very very quickly

ALso, I have confidence that you will Get There re: Sandy
Old 27-07-2020, 04:39 PM #5436

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 30/31 Rankings
1. Marcus
2. Rodrigo
3. Noirin

4. Freddie/Halfwit
5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Siavash
7. Karly

8. Lisa
9. Kris
10. Charlie

Really starting to enjoy Rodrigo this week.
Charlie is such an annoying bellend and potential bottom ten housemate for sure
Old 27-07-2020, 06:02 PM #5437

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Massive update, haven;t updated with rankings during my BB7 rewatch, but i have watched 1 episode every day, so i am not close-ish to the end. So prepare for some drastic ranking changes because lots of people have gone so it will affect the rankings a fair bit:

So, last i updated was:

Day 55-57 Highlights, Day 58 Eviction LIVE. Nikki evicted

1. Aisleyne (-)
2. Glyn (-)
3. Pete (-)
4. Imogen (-)
5. Nikki (-) EVICTED
6. Susie (-)
7. Jennie (-)
8. Michael (+2)
9. Mikey (-)
10. Richard (+1)
11. Jayne (-3)
12. Spiral (-)

NOW:

Day 58... all the way up until Day 79

1. Glyn (+1)
2. Aisleyne (-1)
3. Imogen (+1)
4. Jennie (+3)

5. Pete (-2)
6. Richard (+4)

I think Pete really has lost his way since Nikki left, and he is starting to recover in little glimpses, but he seems down like half the time.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 07:02 AM #5438
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
BB11 Week 2:

1. Ben (alol what a disaster of a human being he means well fundamentally but just puts his foot in his mouth time and time again and every interaction he has with other people ends up being a complete disaster. He's witty and incisive and FUNNY so duh)
2. Corin (her best day ever was AMAZING but then she literally didn't exist afterwards other than when a bloody moth attacked her asdfjkl
3. Sunshine (had a very low-key week but the latest episode had her receive crisps so I think #Crispgate will be coming soon. I'm impressed with the damage control she did after receiving ten nominations last week)

4. Ife (she's nowhere close to green but alol at her literally being like "Hey Keeva, Shabby has something to tell you ;o)" to Shabby's horror, and then being all "um guys I want to distance myself from you two bc your conversations BORE me but no hard feelings xx" lmaooooo)
5. Josie (she kinda had a low-key week but the fact that she already riled up John James to the point where he almost quit during Week 2 is pretty remarkable so gj girl)
6. Steve (he seems nice?)
Govan (I definitely don't like him BUT I have some pity definitely. He was a bitchy gossip but he was also young and dumb and definitely not fully comfortable with his sexuality and who he is and I feel like that's just a really bad time in your life to have documented on national television. And I think he realized that too :3 his eviction interview was awkward bc you could tell he was just recoiling in horror the whole time. Also, wanting to walk because you heard a producer laugh at you while you were crying in the DR is my fave reason ever for wanting to walk)
7. Nathan (he didn't exist this week honestly)
8. Dave (somehow was't completely abhorrent because he really wasn't on the show and just got SPV about being a fake religious nut. But he's one of the closest things to a loyal Ben cub so that gets him points?)
9. Shabby (she is A Lot and I don't particularly like her and she's horrid in arguments but she kinda cut back on the theatrics this week so gj I guess)
10. Mario (became a whiny drip as soon as he got nominated but thx for being a loyal Ben cub)
11. Caoimhe (so I'm not really liking her at all? She doesn't get a whole lot of personalized focus but she's just vaguely bitchy and mean-spirited and not really in a fun way. And I feel like I fundamentally disagree with, like, every take she has alol)

12. John James (threatening to quit bc Josie had playful banter with him that ~crossed the line~, endlessly haranguing Sunshine for dumb **** including going by a fake nickname when he literally changed his name to Achilles in a former life, getting the house punished for discussing the fact that Ben nominated Sunshine and then lashing out at Ben for being dishonest and disloyal, complaining about how it's ANNOYING that it's illegal to not vote in Australia so therefore he has to do a write-in for Yoda bc he hates politics and doesn't care about it since it doesn't affect him directly... over him already and there's still eight weeks left of him AND we're not even in the John Josie saga yet omfg)

Another decent week! I feel like there's not really much of an overarching storyline and this cast isn't really that complex and the house dynamics aren't really established all that well so that's not really good, but each episode is entertaining enough in isolation so I'm still enjoying things! The Caoimhe/Shabby love saga had a lot of focus in the beginning of the week was kind of annoying at times, but it really is a tragic story of unrequited lesbian love. And then after that storyline was done we had a half-week of Ben just being a disaster and handling every human interaction in the worst way possible and getting isolated by the entire house I feel like next week will be when things really start to pick up in terms of storylines and dynamics that become important for the remainder of the season so we'll see!
BB11 Week 3:

1. Ben (between telling John James that he would rather kill himself than be dependent on McDonald's and slapstick humor like he is, explicitly calling the Tree of Temptation stupid to its face, and his comment about how he's apparently a horrible person bc he doesn't want Mario's wiener up his bum, this was Ben's week I'm excited for the military sergeant punishment next bc I completely forgot about that until the preview for next episode but holy **** it was hysterical)
2. Corin (very low-key this week but still a delight)
Sunshine (okay so she's definitely Annoying but in a way that's endearing to the viewer and allows her to provide a lot of funny moments. Also the entire circumstances of her boot week are among the most bull****... ever? Between crispgate and her drunkenly getting upset over John James exposing her underwear/giving her rug burn. Like everything about the week was bull**** for her, poor thing)

3. Ife (alol there is SUCH a ****ing gap between her and Corin but I love how she just randomly pops up with a DR that's like "ummm I actually am realizing that I have been sucked into this Caoimhe/Shabby vortex where I am definitely the third wheel and I don't like it because I am my own person who has her own opinions and I need out like yesterday O_O" it's actually a great buildup to cringegate that I forgot about)
4. Shabby (alol I am SHOCKED but things just kinda started to click for me when she had her absurd OTTM meltdown over having to give up her hat and then realized that Caoimhe is actually kind of using her and is actually Playing Da Game. I don't know, like I don't exactly like her BUT I dig her sheer horror at realizing that not only is her crush on her BFF completely unrequited, but it's also being used against her? She absolutely fake but she's completely real in her fakenss somehow, and she's definitely surrendering herself to the experience)
5. Steve (alol he hasn't done anything at all but he hasn't done anything to bother me?)
6. Josie (I don't dislike her yet but there were a bit too many John Josie scenes this week when they're not even a showmance yet (!) All those scenes are just sooooo long and the same thing over and over again)
7. Dave (basically earned the #7 spot for that one time when John James mocked him for reading the Bible and Dave just cackled in his face and told him he was going to win the Save and Replace Task the next day and nominate him )
8. Nathan (more visible this week but still couldn't even reach MOR alol truly an irrelevant mumbler who I have next to no opinion of)
9. Caoimhe (still kind of bratty and annoying but honestly pretty irrelevant. Like, we hear about Shabby being worried that she's being used by Caoimhe but there's no evidence of it? And I totally get why she hates Dave and even Sunshine to a degree but she just takes her bitchiness to a place that I don't really want to go. I will say that her developing bond with Ben as str8s being lusted after by gays and not knowing how to handle it is kinda cute)

10. Mario (was very low-key until this past episode where he threw THE MOST RIDICULOUS temper tantrum bc Ben refused to a hypothetical situation where he would handpick a gay intruder bc it would ruin his aspiring television career in America. Like, yeah Ben was being dumb but Mario like legit kept rehashing the same points about how he's SUSSED HIM OUT and HE KNOWS WHAT BEN'S GAME IS ALL ABOUT and somehow tried to almost out him by being like "so THAT'S why you didn't disclose your sexuality on your audition forms, hmmmm?!?!?!" and he's just such a ****ing loser holy **** Ben is NOT THAT INTO YOU!!!!)
11. John James (somehow his least offensive week but he still sucks? The John Josie scenes are LONG and ANNOYING and he's actually mean to Sunshine under the guise of ~bantz~ and ~winding up~ and to quote Sue Hawk, his inability to admit his failures without going into a whiny speech makes him a bit of a loser in life. The whole Sunshine rug burn saga was just him freaking out because he thought she made him look like a wifebeater and he just refused to hear her out about why she was actually upset. I think next week is when he and Corin start going at each other so lord help me)

This week felt kinda disjointed because there were so many different small plot points, but it wasn't boring because there was a lot going on? We had Crispgate, Shabby losing her hat and completely melting the **** down over it, the beginning of the Shabby/Caoimhe disintegration, John James kinda pissing everyone off with how ****ing paranoid he is about everyone else's motives, the Sunshine/John James disagreement that led to her eviction somehow, and then we ended the week with Ben and Mario basically realizing that they have many issues with each other! There wasn't really an overarching narrative but I do feel like things are set up well for next week, at least from what I can remember with cringegate and Shabby walking. And I think Corin and John James have their big blowup which is *VERY* slightly foreshadowed with her nomming him but it still seems like it's going to come out of nowhere so that's exciting. I'm excited for Week 4!
Old 30-07-2020, 11:55 PM #5439
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

BB3 - Week 8 (Tim evicted)

- I hate to say it, but I haven't really liked Alex as much this week. He's been a bit of an arse to Jade. I know he was drunk, but slagging her off about her job wasn't very nice. Also his constant moaning, while funny, is getting a bit tiresome now.
- Tim and the contact lens situation was an absolute SCREAM. Surely he can't genuinely think it was discrimination?? Like he has to be taking the piss.
- Jade has been such a queen this week!! If I wasn't 2 years old at the time I would have probs voted for her to win out of the F4

1. Jade
2. Tim
3. Alex

4. Kate
5. Jonny
Old 02-08-2020, 07:03 PM #5440

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 32/33 Rankings (Freddie/Halfwit, Marcus, Charlie, Kris, Sophie/Dog-Face Nominated)
1. Rodrigo
2. Marcus

3. Noirin
4. Freddie/Halfwit

5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Siavash
7. Karly

8. Lisa
9. Kris
10. Charlie

Lol its so obvious how blatantly rigged this nomination punishment was. The producers clearly knew that a Marcus v Halfwit eviction would only end in another tragic exit but fair ****ing play to them is all i'll say
Old 02-08-2020, 07:05 PM #5441

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 34/35/36 Rankings (Kris Evicted)
1. Marcus
2. Noirin
3. Freddie/Halfwit
4. Rodrigo

5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Karly

7. Siavash
8. Lisa
9. Kris
10. Charlie

An Epic Eviction
Kris was one nasty piece of **** of a human and totally lacked in personality with his fake showmance.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:07 PM #5442

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 37/38 Rankings
1. Marcus
2. Noirin
3. Freddie/Halfwit
4. Rodrigo

5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Karly
7. Siavash
8. Lisa
9. Charlie
Old 02-08-2020, 11:04 PM #5443
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
BB11 Week 3:

1. Ben (between telling John James that he would rather kill himself than be dependent on McDonald's and slapstick humor like he is, explicitly calling the Tree of Temptation stupid to its face, and his comment about how he's apparently a horrible person bc he doesn't want Mario's wiener up his bum, this was Ben's week I'm excited for the military sergeant punishment next bc I completely forgot about that until the preview for next episode but holy **** it was hysterical)
2. Corin (very low-key this week but still a delight)
Sunshine (okay so she's definitely Annoying but in a way that's endearing to the viewer and allows her to provide a lot of funny moments. Also the entire circumstances of her boot week are among the most bull****... ever? Between crispgate and her drunkenly getting upset over John James exposing her underwear/giving her rug burn. Like everything about the week was bull**** for her, poor thing)

3. Ife (alol there is SUCH a ****ing gap between her and Corin but I love how she just randomly pops up with a DR that's like "ummm I actually am realizing that I have been sucked into this Caoimhe/Shabby vortex where I am definitely the third wheel and I don't like it because I am my own person who has her own opinions and I need out like yesterday O_O" it's actually a great buildup to cringegate that I forgot about)
4. Shabby (alol I am SHOCKED but things just kinda started to click for me when she had her absurd OTTM meltdown over having to give up her hat and then realized that Caoimhe is actually kind of using her and is actually Playing Da Game. I don't know, like I don't exactly like her BUT I dig her sheer horror at realizing that not only is her crush on her BFF completely unrequited, but it's also being used against her? She absolutely fake but she's completely real in her fakenss somehow, and she's definitely surrendering herself to the experience)
5. Steve (alol he hasn't done anything at all but he hasn't done anything to bother me?)
6. Josie (I don't dislike her yet but there were a bit too many John Josie scenes this week when they're not even a showmance yet (!) All those scenes are just sooooo long and the same thing over and over again)
7. Dave (basically earned the #7 spot for that one time when John James mocked him for reading the Bible and Dave just cackled in his face and told him he was going to win the Save and Replace Task the next day and nominate him )
8. Nathan (more visible this week but still couldn't even reach MOR alol truly an irrelevant mumbler who I have next to no opinion of)
9. Caoimhe (still kind of bratty and annoying but honestly pretty irrelevant. Like, we hear about Shabby being worried that she's being used by Caoimhe but there's no evidence of it? And I totally get why she hates Dave and even Sunshine to a degree but she just takes her bitchiness to a place that I don't really want to go. I will say that her developing bond with Ben as str8s being lusted after by gays and not knowing how to handle it is kinda cute)

10. Mario (was very low-key until this past episode where he threw THE MOST RIDICULOUS temper tantrum bc Ben refused to a hypothetical situation where he would handpick a gay intruder bc it would ruin his aspiring television career in America. Like, yeah Ben was being dumb but Mario like legit kept rehashing the same points about how he's SUSSED HIM OUT and HE KNOWS WHAT BEN'S GAME IS ALL ABOUT and somehow tried to almost out him by being like "so THAT'S why you didn't disclose your sexuality on your audition forms, hmmmm?!?!?!" and he's just such a ****ing loser holy **** Ben is NOT THAT INTO YOU!!!!)
11. John James (somehow his least offensive week but he still sucks? The John Josie scenes are LONG and ANNOYING and he's actually mean to Sunshine under the guise of ~bantz~ and ~winding up~ and to quote Sue Hawk, his inability to admit his failures without going into a whiny speech makes him a bit of a loser in life. The whole Sunshine rug burn saga was just him freaking out because he thought she made him look like a wifebeater and he just refused to hear her out about why she was actually upset. I think next week is when he and Corin start going at each other so lord help me)

This week felt kinda disjointed because there were so many different small plot points, but it wasn't boring because there was a lot going on? We had Crispgate, Shabby losing her hat and completely melting the **** down over it, the beginning of the Shabby/Caoimhe disintegration, John James kinda pissing everyone off with how ****ing paranoid he is about everyone else's motives, the Sunshine/John James disagreement that led to her eviction somehow, and then we ended the week with Ben and Mario basically realizing that they have many issues with each other! There wasn't really an overarching narrative but I do feel like things are set up well for next week, at least from what I can remember with cringegate and Shabby walking. And I think Corin and John James have their big blowup which is *VERY* slightly foreshadowed with her nomming him but it still seems like it's going to come out of nowhere so that's exciting. I'm excited for Week 4!
BB11 Week 4:

1. Ben (alol what a ****ing DISASTER he was this week I think he's definitely buying into his own hype a little bit after the standup comedy routine but I don't even care? Him refusing the military punishment, making up random lies about having to wear John James's shirt for a task, constantly doing scathing Mario impressions, starting a housewide fight over 1930s foreign policy and WW2... )
2. Corin (she didn't really exist this week other than having Caoimhe and John James continually bash her for being fake but then she randomly LASHED OUT and called John James a jumped up little **** and a dickhead and had the read of the century with her saying that at least she only had to travel an hour on the train while John James had to fly across the world for this ****show )

Shabby (I'm SHOCKED she's this high and almost green because I never really side with her in... any argument she's in alol and she's entirely fake but I think she's real about her fakeness, if that makes sense? Like she uses her outfits and tantrums over **** like Ife "smearing her character" and Nathan "bullying and intimidating" her to cover up the fact that she's a completely different kind of crazy who can't handle being in a house with her crush I appreciate what she brought to the show even though she was a little too overbearing at times, and ultimately I don't think she's a malicious person at all so I'm fine with her!)
3. Ife (props for standing up to and fully breaking free from Shabby and Caoimhe! That being said, "I never felt so *FREE* before" and "I just let all my inhibitions go and wasn't even thinking" because Proud ****ing Mary was being played into the house is a bizarre take that I don't really vibe with because jesus christ what a loser)
4. Josie (her stealing shoes secret mission was kinda cute and fun but the Combine Harvester song where she basically brought John James into the DR and forced him to sing it like he was a ventriloquist dummy )
Nathan (alol look at THAT edgic strip and tell me how he got evicted with 89% the John James fandom really was absurd. That being said, I feel like everyone HATED him at the time for being a bore but he's fine??? He fits into that mold of someone who would be a fun HM to live with but doesn't really make compelling television. Also I don't know if this is unpopular but him "bullying" Shabby was dumb, like they didn't have any interactions other than him calling her a ****ing raincloud of doom alol)
5. Dave (some of his religious stuff skeeves me out and makes me roll my eyes and I do think that Caoimhe is absolutely right about the fact that he dodges talking about his views on certain topics in order to keep his public image intact, but I don't really mind him? He's too inconsequential for me to hate and I very slightly appreciate him as a loyal Ben cub)
6. Caoimhe (so I definitely dislike her less ever since the Shabby walking fallout but I still don't really like her oops. Her winning the Save and Replace Task did not actually help the season at all because John James would've taken just about anyone out in a head to head eviction, and her Corin hatred isn't cute either. That being said, she's becoming slightly more compelling as someone who has to find her way without her two former best friends now? I don't really like that she keeps going on about the same thing to Dave because it's just pointless, but I do think she is absolutely right that he avoids discussing his takes on certain religious matters in order to maintain his image)
7. Steve (officially at the point where he's Too Boring for me to put him in high yellow! It's been a month and he hasn't done anything except for a random blowup at Ben about how he's not allowed to have an opinion on British foreign policy in the 1930s because he's not an MP or a soldier? It was bizarre so no thanks)

8. Mario (yeah I officially do NOT like him. He's just a lecherous and creepy gay who pretends to be some haughty intellectual but only talks about dicks and sex and ALIENS like no thank you. He also throws multiple tantrums at Ben for no ****ing reason other than the fact that he can't handle the fact that he wants to shag him. Like, there are MANY reasons to get irritated by Ben but "he didn't offer me a piece of apple" and "he wants to have a career in TV" are not ones alol. Also he kissed John James in the DR and already started eyeing up Andrew *MINUTES* after he ~touched down~ in the garden like what the ****)
9. John James (he's not even at peak levels of fury yet but this week he was basically Josie's ventriloquist dummy singing the stupid Combine Harvester song in the DR, threw the Save and Replace Task to ~nobly~ save Caoimhe because It Wasn't Her Time Yet (playing god in the BB house is never cute no matter what franchise it is), aaaaand had that godawful argument with Corin where she thankfully alternated between acting like a five year old and acting like the most intelligent person in the house. Everything he does is manufactured in an attempt to get the public to like him and it's nauseating how it successful he is. OH and I forgot how he literally stood up and put on his jacket as Davina was reading out the vote only to feign "shock" when he survived )

A fun week where everyone gets tone Easily the best week so far. Cringegate was a fantastic episode as was the immediate fallout with Shabby walking. Lots of interesting conflicts and relationship developments too, like just off the top of my head you have John James/Corin, Caoimhe/Corin, Ben/Caoimhe, Caoimhe/Dave, Ben/Mario, and the complete downfall of the Raggy Dolls The first month of 11 has actually been really good despite the fact that I don't really LOVE anyone except for Ben and Corin. This cast isn't really all that complex but there's no lack of conflict or forward plot movement or character development so it's been enjoyable. I know that things REALLY go south towards the end of the season but I think I'll be able to find enough enjoyment out of the next two weeks maybe with new intruders?
Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 PM #5444
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Fantastic BB11 write-ups, Macie!

I've got round to finishing week two of BB3. It's still enjoyable - I'm not sure why I didn't watch it sooner. The only thing that bothers me is the 'he fancies you, she fancies you' stuff, which never amounts to anything. Like, how many times is Lee going to tell Adel that he likes her? How many times does Adel have to awkwardly laugh it off and say thanks, lmao? It's interesting how desperate people are to get with people in the house. BB really was Love Island before Love Island was Love Island.

I'm not sure what my final thoughts on Alison are because I was sad to see her go, despite the fact that she could be irritating. I think it would've been better had Sandy been evicted (sorry Macie). It was quite cruel how he planted the 'public know what's up' seed into Alison's head right before she'd left, as well as Kate and Jonny. He's a bit of a know-it-all who doesn't really know much, tbh.

Ugh, Alex has been the best part of the week. He's programmed to irritate the life out of people, and I love how he throws strops like a child and refuses to be diplomatic about literally anything. But yeah, peeing in the shower is gross and he has every right to be disgusted by it. The fact that Jonny and Alison made out he wasn't being reasonable because he didn't want them to pee in the shower is...just weird. He is a bit cruel towards Kate but meh whatever, she plays victim too much sometimes.

Lee seems like a cool guy but it's really ****ty how he's using the show to find someone to cheat on his girlfriend with. Adel remains one of my faves, she's just naturally likeable and makes a really good narrator (I love her diary rooms). PJ is still non-existent and boring. Spencer is essentially becoming non-existent and boring. Sophie seems nice but time will tell. I do actually love how Jade plays the 'secret agent' as Alex refers to her. It feels a bit wrong to be enjoying her as much as I am but oh well.

I HAVE to finish up by talking about things from 2002 that would 100% not be accepted in today's society, which is weird because it still doesn't feel that long ago. Like the whole DR on Jade's birthday where she and Kate pretended to be school girls and talked about Alex 'being a boy who thinks he's a girl'. ALSO, there was a major-cringe BBLB episode where Matt Lucas and David Walliams were basically dry af and obviously did not give a crap about Big Brother or Dermot, and when asked about Alison, Matt said something like: 'she reminds me of my dad because they have the same beard'. I mean it's not horrifically backwards but just weird **** that wouldn't be said now-a-days.

Last edited by Braden; 05-08-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:25 PM #5445
we

Favourites:

we

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
i’ve been casually watching bb6 again. for the second time. feels like my opinions are gonna change a lot LOL. i’m on like week 3 nominations at this very moment.

1) makosi
2) saskia
3) lesley
4) craig
5) kemal
6) vanessa
7) sam
8) derek
9) science
10) mary
11) maxwell
12) roberto
13) anthony

biggest changes for me is that i rly like saskia so far and hmm I find derek a bit more sneaky
at the point where the race divide kicks in and the secret garden probably one of the best parts of BB6. makosi at her absolute best, kinga and her attention ***** ways

1) makosi
2) craig (+1)
3) kemal (+1)
4) vanessa
5) kinga
6) saskia (-4)
7) derek (-1)
8) orlaith
9) science (-2)
10) eugene
11) maxwell (-3)
12) anthony (-3)
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:37 AM #5446

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 39/40 Rankings (Sophie/Dog-Face, Siavash, Karly, Noirin Nominated)
1. Marcus
2. Noirin
3. Rodrigo

4. Freddie/Halfwit
5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Karly

7. Siavash
8. Lisa

9. Charlie

The fact that Halfwit for 5 weeks on end was getting nominated only this week to not recieve a single vote!

And ffs siavash for nominating Noirin and not Lisa, We could have had her out this week had she been up
Old 04-08-2020, 02:38 AM #5447

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 41/42/43 Rankings (Kenneth, Bea, David, Hira, Tom Enter, Karly Evicted)
1. Marcus
2. Noirin
3. Rodrigo

Hira
4. Freddie/Halfwit
5. Karly
6. Sophie/Dog-Face
Bea
David

7. Siavash
Kenneth
Tom

8. Lisa
9. Charlie

Karlys eviction was so cruel after throwing in her boyfriend who sounds like a massive knob they end up evicting her shortly after

Still loving this series!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:10 PM #5448

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 44/45 Rankings
1. Marcus
2. Noirin
3. Rodrigo
4. Freddie/Halfwit

5. Sophie/Dog-Face
6. Hira
7. Bea
8. David

9. Kenneth
10. Siavash
11. Lisa
12. Tom

13. Charlie
Old 05-08-2020, 11:10 PM #5449

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 46/47 Rankings (Bea, David, Hira, Kenneth, Tom, Charlie, Dog-Face, Halfwit, Marcus, Noirin, Siavash, Nominated)
1. Marcus
2. Noirin

3. Bea
4. Freddie/Halfwit
5. Rodrigo

6. Sophie/Dog-Face
7. Hira

8. David
9. Siavash

10. Lisa
11. Tom
12. Charlie

13. Kenneth

That Kenneth is an absoloute wanker. Glad Bea ended him!
Old 05-08-2020, 11:12 PM #5450

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Day 48/49/50 Rankings (Kenneth Walks)
1. Marcus
2. Rodrigo

3. Noirin
4. Bea

5. Freddie/Halfwit
6. Sophie/Dog-Face

7. Hira
8. David

9. Siavash
10. Kenneth
11. Lisa
12. Tom

13. Charlie

Kenneth was vile but that was a legendary escape and Marcus legend was apart of it!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbuk, part, rewatch or first, thread, watch