Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 23-08-2020, 04:56 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
There was tons of reshoots, and last I heard some new footage will be shot too.
I did read that - I'd be very surprised if it's action/"hero-mode" stuff though, more likely to be out-of-costume "character" scenes to build the characters and their relationships. Not that that's a bad thing - it's a large part of what made the movie not work (seeming like they were a bunch of people who had just met and couldn't give a stuff about each other, rather than a cohesive team).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 05:04 PM #27
-

-

They're blatantly rebooting with the Flash movie anyway, though I personally suspect we'll see more of Caville as Superman, despite rumours of him leaving.
Old 23-08-2020, 05:09 PM #28
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

I love Caville as Supes. I do hope he sticks around for a long time!

While I'd love the CGI to improve, it doesn't personally bother me, I just know it'll be used as a stick to beat it with

I'm disappointed the dude who plays Cyborg is coming for Geoff Johns - GJ is one of my favourite comicbook writers, so I automatically take his side and disbelieve Cyborg apparently Snyder planned for him to be much more of a main character, and Joss Whedon changed that, so I can see why he's unhappy! Especially as a relatively new actor.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 05:11 PM #29
-

-

Quote:
I love Caville as Supes. I do hope he sticks around for a long time!

While I'd love the CGI to improve, it doesn't personally bother me, I just know it'll be used as a stick to beat it with

I'm disappointed the dude who plays Cyborg is coming for Geoff Johns - GJ is one of my favourite comicbook writers, so I automatically take his side and disbelieve Cyborg apparently Snyder planned for him to be much more of a main character, and Joss Whedon changed that, so I can see why he's unhappy! Especially as a relatively new actor.
Based on the trailer it looks like a lot of his backstory was filmed by Snyder... there's basically none of it in the original JW cut - it's briefly outlined in a conversation .
Old 14-02-2021, 05:11 PM #30
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 05:11 PM #31
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Looks really cool. And it looks like they've done Leto's Joker justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 09:15 AM #32
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Looks really cool. And it looks like they've done Leto's Joker justice.
The one thing that bothers me is that they did some small reshoots with Leto, apparently... And it seems pretty clear that they've been done to shift this version of the joker more in line with the (vastly more popular) Phoenix-joker from the MRA Joker film. It is a better version of the character, but I wonder how they'll make it a smooth transition with the established Leto joker... Will it make sense? Or will it be obvious retconning, and thus, jarring?
Old 17-02-2021, 02:59 PM #33
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
the MRA Joker film.
... Really?

Step away from the internet and get some sunlight

Old 26-02-2021, 06:35 PM #34
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

4 hours

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 09:30 AM #35
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

keep this 4 hour long piece of trash pls

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 11:27 AM #36
-

-

Quote:
... Really?

Step away from the internet and get some sunlight
It panders to the fantasy of basement-dwelling cucks and it completely misses the point of the character. Taking "the avatar of chaos" and turning him into "a frustrated sadsack with mummy issues".

Its a good FILM but it's a terrible version of The Joker and you know it
Old 27-02-2021, 11:34 AM #37
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

4 hours
The runtime doesn't really matter as it's not a theatrical release, it's purely on digital streaming... Watch it as a 4 hour movie, two 2-hour movies, four 1-hour episodes... .

Is it being released as a 4 hour movie? I do think it might have been better split into a 4-episode limited series but as above... That would only be to avoid the "omg it's so long" confusion. How to watch it would still be viewer's choice.

Its unlikely I'll watch it as one 4-hour block unless the kids are back to school (because I literally don't HAVE a 4-hour uninterrupted block of time ), but I probably would watch it in one sitting otherwise.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-02-2021 at 11:34 AM.
Old 27-02-2021, 02:24 PM #38
Banned

Banned

I do think it's gonna be a massive disappointment. People are forgetting that Zack Snyder handled BvS (which I liked at the time, but not so much these days), and Man of Steel was only decent.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 02:36 PM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I do think it's gonna be a massive disappointment. People are forgetting that Zack Snyder handled BvS (which I liked at the time, but not so much these days), and Man of Steel was only decent.
It looks significantly better than the original cut, even just in visual terms so I think it'll be at the very least interesting to compare and contrast.

Old 27-02-2021, 03:25 PM #40
Banned

Banned

The aesthetics were never the issue with Snyder's offerings, tbh. I just don't know if there's actually anything to work with to create a good cohesive film, especially when it looks like they're just throwing everything into it.

The original Justice League felt overly long and it was under two hours, I think this will end up being a slog.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 04:59 PM #41
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

I can be a bit of a book purist (damn you Peej for leaving out Bombadil ) so it took a while for me to get over the fact the Snyderverse isn't exactly like the comics someone suggested that the Synderverse fits better into the Dark Knight Returns comics line more than the "main", which it totally does.

At the end of the day ... none of it "actually" happened and I can either enjoy seeing a visual representation of something I like to read ... or I can bitch about it

That's a long winded way of saying I don't exactly care which one turns out to be better, but i'm glad Snyder gets to finish his story, especially when a)he left because his daughter took her own life and b)he was replaced by a Hollywood hack Whedon, he turned out to be a complete twat.

Old 27-02-2021, 10:49 PM #42
-

-

Quote:
I can be a bit of a book purist (damn you Peej for leaving out Bombadil ) so it took a while for me to get over the fact the Snyderverse isn't exactly like the comics someone suggested that the Synderverse fits better into the Dark Knight Returns comics line more than the "main", which it totally does.

At the end of the day ... none of it "actually" happened and I can either enjoy seeing a visual representation of something I like to read ... or I can bitch about it

That's a long winded way of saying I don't exactly care which one turns out to be better, but i'm glad Snyder gets to finish his story, especially when a)he left because his daughter took her own life and b)he was replaced by a Hollywood hack Whedon, he turned out to be a complete twat.
I randomly saw ol' Xander (Nicholas Brendon) in a film earlier tonight and decided to look him up with all of the domestic abuse allegations etc... but instead ended up going down a Whedon rabbit hole as, apparently, a tonne of people have come out with some not-so-great stuff about him very recently starting with the actress who played Cordelia in Buffy and Angel... but now quite a few other Buffy cast and crew, plus a few from the Justice League production (including Gal Gadot) have confirmed he's... umm... not great to work with.

The most concerning is that there was an "unofficial" rule amongt set staff on Buffy that they'd make sure he was never alone in a room with the actress who played Dawn... who was 15 at the time . Doesn't elaborate other than to say he had made "inappropriate comments" around her and they decided to be on the safe side. Worrying!

Buffy herself SMG also made some vague supportive comments and has said that "she'll always be proud to be associated with the name Buffy Summers, but does not want to be forever associated with the name Joss Whedon."

So yeah... I feel like PURELY to stick it to Whedon, it's good that a version of JL is being made that hasn't been touched by him. Snyder has basically said that he butchered it, right down to leaving entire scenes out simply because they couldn't get the visuals to gel with his "newly filmed stuff" that had been done on different tech, but he refused to cut his own new scenes. I STRONGLY suspect that this is why a lot of the CGI is so poor.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-02-2021 at 10:50 PM.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:11 AM #43
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So yeah... I feel like PURELY to stick it to Whedon, it's good that a version of JL is being made that hasn't been touched by him. Snyder has basically said that he butchered it, right down to leaving entire scenes out simply because they couldn't get the visuals to gel with his "newly filmed stuff" that had been done on different tech, but he refused to cut his own new scenes. I STRONGLY suspect that this is why a lot of the CGI is so poor.
I hadn't thought of the new tech thing, movie making technology moves on pretty quick, it makes sense even in the relatively short amount of time the original footage was filmed ago, new stuff might not gel.

I've never heard anything really bad about Snyder. For a while I thought he might be the brother of Scott Snyder, who wrote Batman and JL comics. I mean ... This scene looks like it's roasting BvS for all the destruction their fight caused with no concern for citizens
Spoiler:

But apparently they're not related and it's just a coincidence!

Quote:
The most concerning is that there was an "unofficial" rule amongt set staff on Buffy that they'd make sure he was never alone in a room with the actress who played Dawn... who was 15 at the time . Doesn't elaborate other than to say he had made "inappropriate comments" around her and they decided to be on the safe side. Worrying!
I guess the USA has different rules to the UK, but I occasionally do child protection work with the BBC, and kids under 16 literally aren't allowed to be left alone with anyone who's not a licensed chaperone; that includes directors and older actors. And that's from the time they're dropped off by their parents (or whoever) until they're picked up.

So as much as I'd like to Whedon-bash, that particular rule could have been an official one?

Last edited by Oliver_W; 28-02-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:56 AM #44
-

-

To be "fair" the accusations against Whedon aren't criminal in nature, more just about how awful he was to work for. Basically that he'd have his "favourites" who were "in" and then anyone else, he would treat like dirt/mock/belittle/gaslight and also you could be one of "the in group" one day, but then if you did something he didn't like, you'd be "out" until he decided otherwise. Has been described as running a "toxic workplace" basically and it seems that it's an ongoing thing, as people on his shows have said it was like that in the early 2000's and now people who worked on JL have said it was still like that when he took over there (so 2016-ish I guess?).
Old 28-02-2021, 11:05 AM #45
-

-

Quote:

I've never heard anything really bad about Snyder. For a while I thought he might be the brother of Scott Snyder, who wrote Batman and JL comics. I mean ... This scene looks like it's roasting BvS for all the destruction their fight caused with no concern for citizens
Isn't that basically the whole plot of BvS though? Batman is not happy with Supes because his battle with Zod at the end of Man of Steel caused massive collateral damage in Metropolis, including destroying a Wayne building and killing civilians and staff... Which is why he decides Superman is dangerous and has to go. For his own fight with him he specifically lures him to an abandoned part of Gotham.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 28-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 28-02-2021, 11:10 AM #46
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Isn't that basically the whole plot of BvS though? Batman is not happy with Supes because his battle with Zod at the end of Man of Steel caused massive collateral damage in Metropolis, including destroying a Wayne building and killing civilians and staff... Which is why he decides Superman is dangerous and has to go. For his own fight with him he specifically lures him to an abandoned part of Gotham.
I can't remember BvS that well, so I'm happy to eat my words if I remembered wrong and Batman at least had some concern for civilians.

Old 28-02-2021, 11:56 AM #47
-

-

Quote:
I can't remember BvS that well, so I'm happy to eat my words if I remembered wrong and Batman at least had some concern for civilians.
Yeah, his whole reason for wanting Supes dead was his assumption that he had no concern for civilians (thought of himself as a god, people as small and irrelevant etc.)... Which of course lead to the stupid "Our mums are both called Martha!" scene which was basically a ham-fisted way of Batman realising that Superman was also living as "a person" with a family etc. and cared about them.

The longer cut of course did a better job of explaining that Lex Luthor had been manipulating things to make Superman look guilty and turn them against each other. In the theatrical cut it really looked like Batman was just being a bit dumb.
Old 28-02-2021, 12:22 PM #48
-

-

So this thread sent me down a DC movies rabbit hole this morning... Apparently, Batfleck isn't done with after all? I thought he quit? But now I'm reading that he's in the Flash movie next year (possible cameos from other Batmen too; Keaton and Bale - as Flash is bringing in the multiverse) and also depending on the success of the Snyder cut, Cavill and Affleck are in talks about a "Worlds Finest" thing together (unclear if theatrical movie or HBO Max miniseries).

I've also heard rumours of them looking st casting Michael B Jordan as the first black Superman, but not as a recast, as an alternate universe Supes existing alongside Cavill's established one, and also that Batfleck and Battinson will co-exist... But there are plans for Cavill's Superman to work alongside R Patz's Batman at some point. . Both Leto and Phoenix's jokers would also be Canon, as well as a likely 3rd Joker at some point for Pattinson. I feel like it's all getting very complicated, haha.

Not to mention that the Flash crossover with the CW's DC shows means that all of the DCTV stuff is official as well - so that means all three of the Brandon Routh, Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin supermens are all technically canon too. Hmmmm.
Old 28-02-2021, 03:22 PM #49
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

4 hours is just too long (just overkill i mean 3 hours is already too long, a reason why i have never watched any of Lord of the rings or the hobbit)

best is 2 hours 30, or 2 hours 45

for any of a ''franchise'' movie that is

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 04:25 PM #50
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So this thread sent me down a DC movies rabbit hole this morning... Apparently, Batfleck isn't done with after all? I thought he quit? But now I'm reading that he's in the Flash movie next year (possible cameos from other Batmen too; Keaton and Bale - as Flash is bringing in the multiverse) and also depending on the success of the Snyder cut, Cavill and Affleck are in talks about a "Worlds Finest" thing together (unclear if theatrical movie or HBO Max miniseries).

I've also heard rumours of them looking st casting Michael B Jordan as the first black Superman, but not as a recast, as an alternate universe Supes existing alongside Cavill's established one, and also that Batfleck and Battinson will co-exist... But there are plans for Cavill's Superman to work alongside R Patz's Batman at some point. . Both Leto and Phoenix's jokers would also be Canon, as well as a likely 3rd Joker at some point for Pattinson. I feel like it's all getting very complicated, haha.

Not to mention that the Flash crossover with the CW's DC shows means that all of the DCTV stuff is official as well - so that means all three of the Brandon Routh, Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin supermens are all technically canon too. Hmmmm.
I'm not sure what's going on with the black Superman thing - a few years back Michael B Jordan wanted to do a black Supes project, but it didn't happen for whatever reason. The upcoming Supes is being produced by JJ Abrams, and written by Ta-Nehisi Coates; I've not read anything by him, but from what little I've heard he's quite "Woke".

But yeah, I think his being the writer is the reason people think it's gonna be a Black Superman.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 18-03-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2021, coming, cut, dc, general, hour, justice, league, movie, movies, official, skymovieshd, snyder, trailer, zack